awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 17:13:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando can feel himself doze off with each passing moment. He's aware his consciousness is fading but that does nothing to relieve his eyelids of their heaviness. Every time they close the world passes by him and it takes every fiber of his will to dig into another spoonful of oatmeal. Lunch is brief and he finds solace in sitting alone in the otherwise bustling work space.

People know better than to approach, not out of intimidation, but because everyone knows Fernando will be in and out. Those that dare pull up a seat are never kept for long before they replace him and end up eating alone. Only the new fledglings or uninterested find a seat among him.

He blinks again and the culmination of too many sleepless nights means his spoon misses his gruel and lands into his bowl of rice. With a resigned sigh, he tries to shake off the sleep. It doesn't work. It never works.

@bean4

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 3:21:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Humming to herself as she gathers her food from the cafeteria line, Najwa quietly sets herself up with her tray and drink, before blinking slowly as she sees Fernando sitting alone. 

Well, at least he didn't seem to be entertaining company anyway, eyes drooping every so often. 

She crosses the room and sets her tray down, sitting in front of him and smiling softly. "When's the last time you slept, Fernando?" Najwa asks curiously. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 0:32:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando isn't aware of her presence until he hears the sound of the tray against the table. It snaps him awake and only now does he realize how out of touch he is. No one should be able to sneak up on him, at least to the magnitude that he's out of touch with his surroundings. After all, no one gets the drop on the Silph — typically, anyway. That truth has become increasingly false over past few months and he dreads what he can only surmise to be depreciation.

"The last time I didn't need to fix someone else's mess." There's little malice in his tone but it seeps with a defeated dread. He looks up at her before sticking his spoon into his bowl. He doesn't pick it up. "How are you, Miss Essam?"

@bean4

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 16:30:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Hmm." Najwa's smile is half nervous, half amused, as she watches him explain his situation. Fixing other people's messes. Right. She leans onto her hand, her forefinger propping herself up by the temple, blinking slowly at him.

"Have you ever considered just letting people suffer and clean up their own messes? They'll never learn, if you don't." She hums and starts to pick at her food, moving it around on her plate in what looks like the most appetizing to least appetizing.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 2:42:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Straight to the point. Fernando smiles faintly but it fades when its time to reply. "The last time I did that we lost Slateport to Team Rocket and hundreds of people died." He states it so casually because the events long passed, relatively, and he also has the title of the person to help orchestrate Team Rocket's demise. Naturally, he keeps his voice hushed though. Mentioning it can still be taboo among the few but something tells him that a scientist is the last to linger on something more prone to triggering civilians.

"But yes, retirement has been looking more appealing with each passing day."

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 3:14:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Najwa picks up a strawberry on her fork and takes a deep breath, shrugging her shoulders. "Yeah, but. That’s not your fault. And it wouldn’t be your fault if it happened again. Sometimes we do our best, and it’s still not good enough. That’s not on you." She airplanes the fork into her mouth, chewing slowly.

"I’d be sad to see you go based on idiots who can’t do their job properly." Najwa pauses, then shrugs. "But based on what you said, you’d probably feel the compulsive need to help even if you were retired. Which, let’s face it. At your age? You’re just getting started, Fernando." She breathes a laugh and rolls her eyes. "Don’t undersell yourself. But don’t overwork yourself either. Not everything is your responsibility." Her hands slow with her cutlery as she glances up, clicking her tongue. "Ah, I did have something I needed you to sign, actually."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 3:14:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando laughs with a forceful exhale from his nostrils. "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." At a fundamental level, there's some truth to the quote, but Fernando regards it as little more than hogwash. That doesn't mean he won't use it when convenient — painting a picture of what Fernando presents himself to be.

He can't disagree with the rest of what Najwa says and simply sits there. He's about to reach for his spoon when she mentions what he can only perceive to be her initial purpose for sitting with him. "Oh? What is it?"

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 12:08:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Even the great Fernando Silph needs a break, sir." Najwa comments on his statement, before pulling out a 3-page document clipped together. She slides it over to Fernando and smiles softly.

At the top, a title. Relationship Disclosure Agreement.

"Kim and I thought it would be best to get one of these done up." She shrugs and pulls out a pen, placing it on top. "And I don't really consider anyone else here my friend, so." Najwa smiles softly. "I thought you could sign off on it, since it needs another league signature before we can submit it."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 0:54:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] He can read but that doesn't stop him from asking, "What is this?"

Fernando slips the pen between his fingers and uses his other than to flip through the pages. He scans the document once over up front and only when he finishes does his eyes dart back to the top of the second page, reading it more closely as he tries to rule out exactly what he's about to sign.

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 1:12:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Najwa folds her fingers together and nods towards it. "Kim and I have been seeing each other for about five months, and we’ve decided to make it official by moving in together. So that’s a disclosure agreement so that Human Resources doesn’t loose their minds when they see us on the rare occasion we’re seen coming to work together, or he comes to get me." She shrugs casually and blinks.

"I thought you knew when you set everyone on him at the Christmas party. We showed up together, we were together then." Najwa tilts her head.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 1:34:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Keeping his eyes open had been a losing war. This proposition however proves to be the climactic escalation needed for Fernando's eyes to bulge wide open. "Kim? Cole?"

Surprise is the forefront of his reaction and his head tilts in confusion. Hindsight is 20/20 and now he can put one and one together, recounting several instances of coming across the both of them. Now that he it, everything starts to make sense.

"I thought you went as colleagues. I had thought he was still seeing at the time." How Kim manages to have some sort of relationships with either women still baffles his mind but the tabloids don't lie. Hoenn is crazy about the 'SWAGGER' of their poster boy and women and men alike go crazy for his latest fashion trend.

"Actually, that explains a lot."

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 1:45:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Najwa quirks an eyebrow and laughs dryly, licking her lips. "Nope. She went with Avery Collins. She introduced you to her during the party, didn’t she?" Najwa thinks back, tilting her head back. It wasn’t any matter, anyway. She shrugs her shoulders.

"Anyway, I’ve been staying at his place since mid-January, and we decided to move in together around Valentine’s Day." Najwa takes a deep breath and taps her thumbs on the web between her fingers. "So yes. Kim Cole and I are in a serious, committed relationship."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
coincidence
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 3:17:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Yeah. At the party. But I thought—" Fernando catches himself before going too far. Her shrug shows how little she cares for it and there's little merit in finding victory from a technicality. "Never mind." Sometimes it better to let things go and Fernando rescinds his train of thought.

An awkward smile stems from his attempt to hide how uncomfortable the conversation has turned. He tries to distract himself with reading the fine print. "Well I'm happy for you two. I wish you nothing but the best." Eyes drift from the last sentence back up to her own. "I wonder if that's what's been snapping him into being a bit more serious these days."

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
coincidence
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 22:36:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"If you’re going to refer to their dating arrangement, that was over long before we started to see each other. Kim told me all about it." She waves her hand gently in the air and then smiles pleasantly, folding her fingers in front of her.

Sighing softly, she continues to smile. She is truly happy, especially with Kim. And hearing that he’s becoming a little more serious is a little boost to her pride. "Maybe? I’m not entirely sure, but if he’s performing more adequately at work, then I’m certainly happy about it."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
coincidence
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 8:46:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "You and me both."

It doesn't take him long to finish the statement. While he can't find anything wrong with what's written he does foresee potential issues in the future. "You have my support, Najwa, but this will have consequences. I don't mean that in a way to disparage the two of you but it's an inevitable situation that'll come up."

Only after reading it in full does Fernando take up her pen to write his name in a single cursive stroke of his pen. "Your title of Head Scientist will probably be revoked. Your job duties won't change but you won't have a ceremonial title anymore. I figure that doesn't really matter to someone like you though."

@bean4