a dandelion floating in the wind [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 5:00:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As large as it is, Mauville City’s grandeur still pales in comparison to Castelia City; in fact, it’s almost easy to mistake Hoenn’s bright city as just a gigantic mall. The red-headed trainer frowns as he steps out from the giant building and onto the open center of the town. A small frown forms from his lips as he looks downwards onto his phone, seemingly lost. His free hand balls into a fist and he lifts it close to his lips, biting down on the nail of his index finger as he stares at the screen.

”The gym should be close by…” he quietly murmurs to himself. Did he take a step in the wrong direction? His eyes cast upwards towards the sky then back down to his surroundings. The center itself seems almost like a park without any booths or additional buildings outside. Instead it just connects back into the building he was in earlier.

A sigh escapes from his lips as he moves his hand downwards onto his hips. ”I swear they should just put a directory near the doors so people can know where they’re going. It’s like they didn’t properly design the city for people visiting.” he openly chastises. He can only feel frustration and annoyance towards the architecture; after all, he was far, far away from home and only chose to visit the city because he had heard that the Gym Leader happened to specialize in Grass and Fairy types. It was a good opportunity to scout things out before attempting to challenge the gym.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 23:48:53 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

Mauville City was always a bit of a marvel to behold, but she found odd tranquility amongst it. It was almost as if it was designed to sort of work with nature instead of opposing it. It was a lovely place to come back to and visit to just relax, that much was certain. Ruby had been casually walking through the city, purse in hand as she curiously looked around for any places that might seem like a good place to stop and eat as Whisper floated by her side.

"You know," Ruby spoke out loud to her Pokemon. "I wonder if they have any Galarian cuisine anywhere. I don't think so, but it can't hurt to ask, right?" She glanced back at Whisper, only to receive a simple shrug in response. She didn't know any better than Ruby did. With a sigh, Ruby continued to walk, her mind half-occupied when she overheard someone else speaking out loud.

Curiously, Ruby stopped and turned her head to look at the person speaking. A man with long hair seemed lost and Ruby internally debated for a few seconds. Food could wait long enough until she helped a stranger. It's what she would want to happen if she were in their shoes, of course. "Umm, excuse me." She finally spoke up, walking over to their side as Whisper continued to loyally float by her side. "I can't help but notice you're lost, is there somewhere I can help you find? I'm not from around here myself, but I've been to this city plenty of times already. Maybe I could help?"

Notes:

[attr="class","merktagI"] @perry

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 5:42:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He perks up upon hearing the young girl's voice call out to him. His lips curl to a gentle smile as he casually slips his phone back into his pocket.

"If you don't mind." he says appreciatively. "I was hoping to find Mauville's gym. I was thinking about challenging it some time in the future, but I wanted to take a closer look first."

The girl's pretty short; though he's not one to talk as he's pretty short for a man. It doesn't help that he has a rather effeminate appearance and have been confused for the opposite gender before. He extends his arm outwards towards the girl, offering to shake her hand. "I'm Perry, Ms. Tour Guide." he introduces himself teasingly. Unlike the big city and his home city, people in Hoenn have been surprisingly friendly thus far; though he has heard about some of the misfortune currently plaguing the region.

Leaning somewhat close to the girl, he smiles. "So you're not from around here, right? If you don't mind my asking, where're you from? I'm from Unova. New Tork to be precise." Despite being lost in Mauville, there's really no comparison between New Tork and Castelia City's towering buildings. The streets are always crowded, especially at night. Sometimes he missed the night life back home, but truthfully there's no beating the quaintness that Hoenn represents.