4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
the cabinet of dr. quinn [s]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 0:04:54 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

NOTES

a soft intro; excited!
The Friar’s Attic was certainly one of the more peculiar bookstores Remiel had visited. It resided in one of Rustboro’s oldest districts, a small two-story brick building bordered by a park and an embassy building. The interior of the bookstore was furnished with antique furniture, seemingly priceless artifacts set upon wooden pedestals, and intricate rugs hanging against the walls. Were it not for the rows upon rows of books filed away within their mahogany bookshelves— many of them new, but most alarmingly old— one could be forgiven for thinking they had walked into a museum. Additionally, Remiel wasn’t sure the building even had an attic to begin with.

But it did, surprisingly, have a café on its first floor.

It was here where the sole proprietor, a man in his 70’s with thin golden glasses, spent his days reading books and greeting the few customers that visited his family-owned bookstore day-by-day. After ordering a London Fog tea latte and sparing some idle chit-chat with the man, Remiel walked upstairs towards the empty lounge area he’d reserved prior. It was a modest space containing a coffee table, two lounge chairs, and a matching leather sofa over a beautifully sewn rug. Bookshelves flanked the space on both sides of it, though a large oval-shaped window to its east allowed the soft light of the sunset to filter through. Fairly soon, that light would fade entirely, and the lantern-like lights hanging from the walls of the bookstore in perfectly spaced increments would turn on.

For now, however, the Galarian royal basked in that soft evening light. He’d chosen one of the lounge chairs as his seat while he waited for either of his invited persons to arrive. With his leg neatly folded across one knee, he took a sip from his tea latte and stared at the large tome he’d set upon the coffee table. Its leather cover was almost impossibly wrinkled and clearly centuries old. Were it not for the measures he’d taken, he wondered whether it would have remained intact as well it was today.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 8:38:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

'Gavin' hasn't heard from his sister in years. She understands his need for distance, had taught him all he needed to know about covering his tracks in the online world. As his mentor in cyber-security, she also always knew how to find him.[break][break]

Rustboro is bleached by the dying sun, its waning rays providing just enough light to navigate through the narrow streets of the olden district. Gavin keeps to shadows and back-alleys; a Rocket needs not fear the criminal element of the city, and the Crobat that follows like a winged shadow is enough to stave off would-be instigators. He arrives at the given location before the sun is swallowed by the horizon, the door cast in a shifting orange glow as Gavin pushes it open. It creaks with the pain of age.[break][break]

He is greeted like an old friend by the comforting scent of books both ancient and pristine. A nervous energy thrums within him as he greets the wizened proprietor and orders a coffee, black, before being pointed to the stairs. Sipping at the still-hot beverage does nothing to relax him.[break][break]

He has always taken great pains to avoid discovery.[break][break]

Yet Remiel is not greeted with a mask as Gavin slips quietly into the upstairs lounge. He has not dyed his hair, ditched his glasses, nor made any other attempt to conceal his identity as the Rocket agent known to them as 'Gavin Merlino'.[break][break]

He does not know how dangerous Remiel is. The man is an admin of Rocket, however, and this dictates a need for caution. He is armed, though the gun holstered snug against his chest beneath the jacket may as well be invisible.[break][break]

"Mr. Calcifet... sir." There is a notable pause before the formality, and Gavin dips his head. He claims the second lounge chair for his seat, fingers lacing in his lap. He cants his head, curious but wary. "My sister speaks highly of you."[break][break]

The rest is unspoken: 'She's the only reason I'm here.'

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ahhhh so hype for this

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]

[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]

[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 0:01:44 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

NOTES

hacker wanted
Remiel notes the respectful greeting and, though he's initially inclined to tell Gavin there is no need for such formalities, the Galarian royal chooses not to regard it after all. His promotion to admin was well-earned. Though certainly not satisfied, he's proud of it. So far be it from him to discourage recognition from his peers for it. Even while they're attending matters outside of Rocket's parameters and the rankings they had been assigned.

Meanwhile, the swift but silent entrance of his counterpart has blown past the formality of a handshake and, frankly, the black-haired royal is relieved. He wraps both his hands around his mug instead, lowering it down onto his lap as his sharp blue-grey eyes examine the man. Slight tells in his body language tell him what he has already predicted from the choice of his words and the difficulty he had bringing him here: Gavin is quite a discreet individual.

Which boded extremely well for a member of any clandestine organization, of course.

"And I of your sister," Remiel replies. "Her exceptional talents would get her quite far in an organization such as ours. Though I certainly see the benefits of independent work, as well." He only pauses to take a sip of his tea, never quite taking his eyes off of the man, before lowering the mug again and continuing. "Am I correct in assuming she's already passed on the same information and warning I've given her?"

Namely, that they were in danger of being targeted by a hidden association simply because of their ancestry. But not much else besides that. That was what the meeting was intended for, however: answers to questions.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 13:13:58 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

As they exchange words, Gavin's sharp hazel eyes analyze the man in front of him. His mannerisms, the subtle lilts in his voice. His choice of words, carefully deliberate. Saoirse had seemed enraptured by the man; Gavin unravels the why of this as he listens.[break][break]

"She is a solitary lass, for certain." He'd long since relinquished any fruitless desire to sway her otherwise. "I don't ask favours of her lightly, nor she of myself."[break][break]

Both kept their communications limited to dampen the risk of their link being discovered and exploited. They had subtle ways of letting the other know that they were still alive and well, but this had been the first conversation they'd had in years.[break][break]

Though his eyes do not stray from the man across him, Gavin studies the room in his peripherals. He'd noted the most important things upon entry (escape routes, potential points of cover, dead-end traps) but now takes in the mundane. It's the sort of place he might spend his free time. Though he doesn't allow himself to relax into the lounge chair as he might if he were alone, he notes its comfort. The book placed on the table between them has not escaped Gavin's interest since he'd arrived.[break][break]

"Your warnings have been noted. They're not why I'm here." He is confident that he would not have been found if not for his sister. "I don't think they're why you're here. It was Pádraig you asked for, first."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: Pádraig being his (now deceased) grandfather, ofc

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 2:35:29 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

NOTES

divin' on in!
"Yes, well," He pauses to lean forward off of his chair, taking another sip from his mug of tea latte before setting it down on the coffee table. Afterwards, he sets his elbows on his knees before clasping his hands together. His eyes note the half-filled mug and the ancient tome on the other side of the table. They're spaced out far enough that an accidental spill likely wouldn't reach it. On top of that, Earl Grey, the book's keeper, had an eye on things, too.

Shifting his indifferent eyes towards Gavin instead, the young royal continues. "The branches of your family tree weren't easy to follow. Without the book, in fact, it would have nearly been impossible." He doesn't spare it another glance for now. Instead, he leans back into his seat and rests his arms on its sides.

"And when I finally did migrate to modern Galarian records... well, imagine my surprise when I went to a visit a man who had long since been dead. A man who had children, nonetheless. Grandchildren, even. Naturally, I had to move on to the next of kin that had been so expertly obscured from public record."

Reaching up, Remiel removed his glasses before plucking a small neatly folded cloth out from the front pocket of his shirt. "Of course, you're still asking why." He continued, polishing his eyewear for a moment before holding it up to inspect his work. Satisfied, he put them back on before refolding the cloth and tucking it back into his pocket. "It's the very same question your sister asked. In fact, it might just be the reason she sent you to me. You see... there's an entire history that's been kept from you. One chartered under the family name 'Quinn'." He presses his glasses into his face.

Then, reaching up with one hand, Remiel snaps his fingers. On command, the hefty ancient tomb on the coffee table spreads itself open on (seemingly) its own accord. Its large pages gracefully turn on their own— not quickly, mind you. But carefully. As though there were an invisible specter treating the literary treasure with the utmost care.

Eventually, the page-flipping stopped. And the title of the chapter therein read:

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 19:09:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Quinn.[break][break]

How long had it been since he'd cast off his family name with the intent to disappear? He thinks it must be getting closer to a decade. Hearing it again on the lips of another, unrelated individual is foreign and slightly uncomfortable.[break][break]

Cillian stares at the book for a long time. That its pages had turned of their own accord was doubtless the work of some kind of ghost Pokemon, and concerned him far less than the implications of this book's existence. He'd done some digging on his family name before, and this had not been mentioned once. Suspicion curls at the edge of his mind... but curiosity burns bright, like flame.[break][break]

He leans back in his chair and finally raises his eyes to meet Remiel's. Curious, but guarded still.[break][break]

"You mentioned a hidden association. Or, rather, you mentioned it to my sister." His thumbnail digs into the soft flesh of his palm. "That we're targets for our ancestry. Why? More importantly, why do you care?"[break][break]

Kindness does not blossom often between strangers. He is convinced that there is some ulterior motive.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 22:56:59 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

NOTES

two book nerds
Ah, he finally begins to ask the important questions. Remiel is pleased. Quietly, he gets up from his chair before bending down to pick his mug off the table. Afterwards, the black-haired royal saunters towards the large oval-shaped window in the lounge, turning away from Gavin as he stares out at Rustboro City, orange in the sunset.

"It's called the Order of Obscura. It has existed for over a thousand years in Galar. Your ancestors and my own were a part of it. When it finally dissolved, the only record of their involvement and the order itself was kept in two books." He explained, stopping to take a sip of his latte as he watched the Murkrow begin to exit their hideaways in the dark trees scattered about.

"The one you see before you is volume one. The other rests in the hands of a man who will stop at nothing to uncover its secrets. But he cannot do that alone. He needs as many descendants of the original order as he can recruit. And he's been kidnapping those who don't willingly come along in an attempt to curb my efforts to stop him." He turns  to Gavin, the dimming sunlight lining his silhouette like a fiery aura.

"Though we're both aware I could steep to such crude methods if I truly desired to, I will not permit it. Solving such a puzzle requires more than brute force, and more in the way of cooperation."

And, no. He wasn't warning people out of the kindness of his heart. Though he was sure that was apparent to Gavin already. But if the people he reached out to took him seriously, he hoped they would do the next sensible thing and ally themselves with him. The sooner they uncovered the secrets of the book together and put a stop to his rival's goal, the sooner they could resume their lives.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 22:16:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Sharp hazel eyes follow Remiel's every movement as he makes his way to the window; though Cillian appears relatively relaxed, he's ever-conscious of the gun's weight against his chest. The Rocket admin is silhouetted against the dusk, dying orange light catching on the glasses of his guest.[break][break]

"So it's you against him," Cillian surmises. "How many ancestries are detailed in this book? How many have you found... and how many has he?"[break][break]

What Cillian doesn't say is this: he appreciates a man who finds other ways to tackle a problem than violence and brute force. Science can be summarized as solving puzzles with the backing of a bright mind, and, in Cillian's case, a university degree. Though he had done far worse things under Rocket's orders than kidnapping and, some would argue, worse than even murder, such things were not his passion.[break][break]

Science is a passion. And, unbeknownst to most, history. His hunger for knowledge is insatiable, and it prowls at the back of his thoughts.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 17:29:28 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

A spectre slips through the streets of Rustboro, walking on shadows in the dying light. The curiosity of her evening to come sits pleasantly on the tip of her tongue, making her smile.

Gloved fingers reach for a door, quiet and delicate and slow. The shadow slips in behind her with ease and nearly unseen. They share the space for a moment, gathering their barrings in the quaint little shop they've been led to. There is familiarity in the oddities as her parasol closes and hangs from her wrist. Relics of a time gone by and Isra feels the pull and push to wonder through them. Perhaps if she did not think her company might miss her if she took too long she would.

The old man catches her wondering eye and asks if she'd like to take a look, it's almost a shame to shake her head but she smiles sweetly and thanks him for the offer. Their exchange is short, sweet and once she's directed up stares she wishes him a good evening in the lower part of the store. There is a subtle gesture as she removes the first of her gloves, the banette's shadow returns to him, coiling beneath his feet.

It is, as always, the steady click of heels on the steps that announce her presence, no longer dampened by the shadow that walks beside her. Her gloves tuck away in the front pocket of her coat, a break away from the shawls she normally wears in the hours of the night, much like the dress pants and heeled boots she sports to avoid the only thing that restricts her actions.

Isra finds herself coming upon a dramatic scene, it seems they have been talking plenty while waiting for her and the amused grin on her face pairs perfectly with the barely-there chuckle. The shadow of her ghost slips out at ever sliver of the light that might peak through the window, ensuring they never reach her.

"Well, this should be interesting. Seems you two have been having fun without me though." she comments by way of greeting, familiar faces leave less room than normal for formalities.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 18:56:48 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

The black-haired royal mused on Gavin's question for a moment, but his stormy eyes never left the man's sight. "It is quite difficult to estimate how many people he's successfully recruited, even with my contacts in Rocket. He knows how to cover his tracks well, and I suspect he's well-funded..."

Hearing the faint trace of a familiar woman's voice downstairs, he briefly shifted his gaze away from Gavin to regard it. Then continued. "Since this all began, I believe over fifty people related to the names in these records have gone missing. That's not counting the extra names written in his volume either... I, personally, have tracked down over a dozen. But so far only I've only recruited one..."

Just as he'd said so, the recruited member in question ascended the steps nearby and emerged from the dusty shadows of the bookstore with an amused grin. It was then that the Galarian prince took note of a physical tell: her body's reluctance to breach the threshold from shadows to dim sunlight. And, for the first time, he wondered what was truly behind it. But he didn't say anything, and locked his eyes with her own amethyst hues as she spoke. There was a hunger behind his own.

Stepping out from the sunset sunlight that covered him like a shroud, Remiel placed a hand on his chest and slightly bowed. "You've arrived at quite an opportune time, Miss Nightingale," He assured her. "I was just about to introduce you."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 20:03:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Well-funded? Cillian frowns at the knowledge. His index finger rests in the dimple below his chin, other hand drumming seemingly senseless patterns against his thigh. His frown deepens, brow furrowed, at the sound of a woman's voice. It's down below, distant and muffled, but there's a familiar cadence that gives him pause enough for Remiel to continue uninterrupted.[break][break]

Fifty people was no small number; had his sister not gotten into contact with him, Cillian might have spared a thought for her safety. She's a smart girl, however, and with the warnings Calcifet had given, he has no doubt she'll be fine.[break][break]

"Only the one?"[break][break]

His brows arch, and he's gearing up to make a point — much as they bore him, Cillian understands numbers and probabilities, knows that Remiel seems to be on the losing side — when the clack of heels upon the steps draws the attention of both men. Not having been warned that they might have a visitor, but also remembering the familiarity that he'd registered in the sound of her voice, the Rocket scientist is cautious but not as alarmed as he might have been.[break][break]

It's still a surprise when she enters.[break][break]

"No need for introductions, sir," Cillian insists, rising with a slow grace. "We've met. Though you never mentioned you were a Nightingale, Isra."[break][break]

It's a shadow from his past, a name he'd not expected to find here. Sinnoh was a long time ago, now.[break][break]

"And you never mentioned we'd be entertaining guests, Mr. Calcifet. One might say this looks like a trap."[break][break]

He laughs, soft. He has positioned himself carefully to keep eyes on them both, though he is conscious of the fact that they block both exits. Six rounds in his gun, but he's outnumbered and their reflexes could be equal or better. His heart's steady rhythm picks up, but his placid expression does not falter.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 21:00:45 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Amusement turns to appreciation at the gentlemanly greeting, she expects no less and he dares not disappoint. Before anything further can be said however, the other voices his concerns and Isra cannot contain herself.

It's an almost hearty laugh that by no means fits the scene. How very silly, she thinks. His words tell a tale of accusations and suspicion, as if he had any need or right to either. "Was I supposed to?" something devilish drips from the curve of lips as her eyes settle on the scientist. In the wake of recognition she is a cheshire cat settling into its fur and readying to enjoy the entertainment.

"If you know what that name means Gavin, you've no need to be so worried."

"Besides you already fell once and survived just fine now didn't you?" there's a subtle gentleness to her voice, a guiding lilt trailing to the implication. Slateport, late evening coffee and compelling conversation. Two ghosts go unseen, and none would have blinked twice if one had gone missing. So why bother worrying?

The gentle click of heels is indifferent to the situation, whatever tension or otherwise might be settling between them does not reach the woman as she takes to the lounge chair Remiel had previously occupied. As the woman settles in her banette makes an appearance on the arm facing the window, placing himself between her and what was left of the sunlight. On leg crosses over the other, a slow and deliberate motion meant to draw attention.

The woman is undeniably relaxed. "How has your alcremie been since last we spoke? Is she finally settling down?" her eyes settle on the blond, one hand motioning for him to relax as well.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 8:36:41 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

Needless to say, even Remiel was surprised that they'd already met. Though a prior encounter between the two 'ghosts' seemed almost fitting, to be honest. It was the very reason he watched them with rapt attention as they interacted. He was sure the mysteries and secrets between them was enough to fill a proper book and then some.

The sound of Isra's genuine laughter rings out throughout the lounge they occupy like a chime of bells. Remiel is almost surprised by the forwardness of it, though he quickly reminds himself who they're dealing with here. His stormy grey eyes narrow, almost fondly, on the woman as she teases Gavin. However this went down, Remiel was glad to have her preemptively on his side.

"My sincerest regrets if this has unsettled you," He replies with an apologetic bow directed at Gavin. "But I assure you Miss Nightingale and I mean you no harm. She is here through my request. And she is integral to our cause against the forces that be," He added, observing as Isra took his seat and the Banette placed itself at her side in a very specific manner. "So I would have it no other way."

When Isra continues their conversation with an inquiry after an Alcremie, the young royal moves to untie the binds that hold the red curtains belonging to the large oval window. The natural lighting within the bookstore is sufficient enough to keep them from becoming enveloped in total darkness. And, as the dimming sun continues to steadily set, the electric lanterns hanging from the walls are bound to flick on automatically at any moment.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 15:18:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Isra's laughter sees Cillian narrow his eyes. Skin prickles under her teasing, and the scientist draws no amusement from the situation. Perhaps to them it is some kind of game; Cillian's upbringing has seen to it that such situations are never to be underestimated. When the Quinn family need to deal with a problem, they send in those their victim trusts the most.[break][break]

It's not until she moves from the stairs that he allows himself to relax ever so slightly. He shifts position to be closest to the stairs, and his heart pulses in steady rhythm beneath cold gunmetal. Thump, thump, thump.[break][break]

"That situation was entirely different."[break][break]

Open space, multiple exits, armed and dangerous. His Crobat had scouted for hidden visitors and found none.[break][break]

Hazel eyes flick to Remiel as the man apologises, appreciative of the contrasting sincerity of his words. Blond brows lift at the implication. "So she is your 'one'. I see. That changes things."[break][break]

Though aggravated by her laughter, Cillian has a certain respect for Isra — and in the Nightingale name he's now learned she carries. He would not want to see her on the opposing side. She asks after his Alcremie, and his lip twitches.[break][break]

"She is acclimating, however slowly."[break][break]

A flash of red lights the room, and Cillian's Alcremie appears on the coffee table. Isra had last seen her dulled in colour with a lack of sweets decorating her creamy composition; the fairy-type appears healthier, now, little strawberries nestled in her cream. She is no less skittish in temperament, though it is Cillian she looks to for some kind of stability.[break][break]

"It's all right," he says, quietly. "You've met Isra before, remember?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 5:03:23 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She watches the scientist, something almost like disappointment flashing across her features. Her opinions tumble backwards from the step they had been on prior to this evening. She'd expected much better of him than what he was giving them tonight.

A pity, he had so much potential and all she sees is him stifling it with something useless.

Eyes dart away from him as the curtains close, ensnaring the last of the setting sun in a trap of its own, curling the straggling rays downward. Her eyes settle on Remiel, mind settling on the fact he's caught her red handed and she wonders if he's guessed the secret most prevalent in her skin. "It really wasn't Gavin." she comments as he releases the pokemon in question, though her eyes don't move away from Remiel just yet. "That was the point."

If she were going to be involved in his death or elsewise it would be done alone, no witnesses. They have a repertoire already for her to take advantage of. Traps were a waste of time and got messy quick. No matter how hard Gavin had looked some threats simply went unseen, some things lurked so far in the dark one could never quite see them.

The tension of her voice is broken by the chuckle of her banette, watching her with his characteristic grin. Without hesitation she shoves the pokemon off the arm of the chair, his presence no longer needed and her eyes shift back to Gavin. The pokemon lands on his feet and her whistle releases him to do as he pleases. "Regardless, you two might as well return to your conversation."

Her banette is as up front as she is, wasting no time approaching the other pokemon in the room and trying to lure her into a game of patty-cake.