slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
staredown between two worlds [research]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 23:16:53 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
A Volcarona flew freely above the deserts dunes, brushing the sand with its firey wings as it lifted into the air, looping back to Kim and the team which had followed the councilman.

Recent rumblings in the desert have attracted the attention of the league, in turn forcing Dahlia to send a squadron of league officers to deal with the matter. While his presence was not officially requested, Kim had decided to lead said squadron- he couldn’t just sit back and let them have all the fun after all.

Now as they crossed the arid desert- fully equipped in gear to brave the harsh conditions that would be presented- Kim watched the Volcarona soar overhead, enjoying the free flight within its natural habitat while keeping an eye on the surroundings of those below.

What are we supposed to be looking for anyways?” Kim mutters to himself inquisitively, the layers of protective clothing further muffling his voice to what could only be assumed as complaints by those who accompanied him.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,233 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 9:50:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
STAREDOWN BETWEEN TWO WORLDS

[attr="class","aname2"]
kim's research thread

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]SHIFTING SANDS
[break][break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_q6ibt32vTc1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player][break][break]

THE RUMBLINGS HAVE COME from the northernmost point of the desert. this endless stretch of sun-baked plain offers few graces and little comfort. ribbons of sand, carried aloft by the briefest relief of thin winds, batter the skin and invade the folds of their clothing.[break][break]

his squadron consists of scientists and rangers. equipped with pokemon and equipment, they banter amongst themselves when they can. they unscrew the lids to their canteens, drinking enough to wet the rings of their lips. one of them is followed by a cacnea that marches along unphased, quite happy to be a part of the expedition.[break][break]

however, with little warning, the winds pick up. the desert howls. a sandstorm storms in the distance and like a tidal wave, surges forth. it's as if it has materialized out of thin air... in a powerful gust, granules of sand beat against kim's body. the men and women of his team cry out, their voices muffled not only by their coverings, but by the gallons of sand whipping around them. any misplaced breath will mar the lungs with a fiery cloud of sand.[break][break]

[break][break]

the others' voices dim. their figures, once black shadows in the dust, phase in and out like phantoms. even the cacnea seems to struggle in the storm, its cry suddenly silent. kim finds that his visibility is at an utter zero- but his volcarona is still by his side.[break][break]

what will he do?[break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]INSTRUCTIONS
[break][break]

IN YOUR POST, MAKE SURE YOU ROLL ONCE.[break]
find a way to clear the sandstorm, or navigate to safety![break][break]

, repost in the research thread after you have posted!

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 15:54:12 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
The shift in wind is noted first by the Volcarona, the moth pokemon quickly returning to its trainers side and shielding Kim from the sudden surge of sand with its wings. But as the storms rushed more and more violently, this simple shielding was not enough, the Volcarona soon loosing its balance midair.

Kim, forced to returned the pokemon, instead replaced it with a Gothorita, a bubble forming around the two as soon as she appeared.

Through internal dialogue they spoke, the meeting of their minds relaying information between the two of them.

Can you find the group we came here with?

They’re fine, they’ll get to cover just like we have to.

For a second he is silent, his thoughts relayed to the Gothorita despite this communication unwanted.

He pulls out his phone and voices a message to the members that had joined him on this expedition, hoping it would go through despite the situation they were currently in.

This is Kim, I’ve lost visual of you guys but I’m positive that you’re all well. I’ll be finding somewhere to wait out the storm- as I expect all of you to do as well- and when it clears, we’ll regroup. Be safe and don’t lose each other.

With that, he looked to the Gothorita, a simple gesture more than enough to signal his intent to move; the protective sphere the two were set in shifting blindly forward as they ventured further into the desert, intent of finding shelter despite not knowing their whereabouts.

_9wQVN28

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,233 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2020 7:19:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

[attr="class","aname2"]
kim's research thread

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]SHIFTING SANDS
[break][break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_q6ibt32vTc1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player][break][break]

ONE OF THE EXPEDITION MEMBERS RESPONDS, their voice crackling through the phone speaker in bursts of human timbre and robotic interference. yet, would be able to decipher some semblance of a confirmation that the message has been received. before he can sift through the granules of broken speech, another voice overcomes the speaker.[break][break]

but it does not speak. it laughs. no word is uttered, only fiendish breath. as he traverses the sandstorm alongside his pokemon, he does not notice expanded hoop past the boundaries of his gothorita's bubble.[break][break][break]

◙ ◙ ◙
[break][break][break]

KIM SPENDS WHAT SEEMS LIKE A MONTH in the sweltering desert. although he has come prepared, resources begin to thin. the landscape is curiously absent of pokemon aside from kim's own. his pokemon may be able to provide some basic necessities, but this dune drains the body. even his pokemon face fatigue in and outside of their own pokeballs.[break][break]

however, as if he has a guardian angel, always stumbles upon a pool of water before dehydration overtakes him. edible foods are more difficult to come by, if not entirely non-existent.[break][break]

[break][break]

one day, he's nudged away by a golden ring. an impish, horned pokemon floats before him. it taps at his head with the ring some more, snickering as its tail wiggles like a teaser cat toy. finally, it speaks: "how cute. you hungry? i can call on game for you."[break][break]

has heard this voice before. as the creature throws two rings into the air, several plump fletchling fly overhead.[break][break][break]

what will you do?[break][break]

[break][break]

YOU DO NOT NEED TO ROLL IN THIS THREAD.[break]
icly, one month has not actually passed. hoopa has tampered with kim's perception.[break][break]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2020 5:00:37 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
While the chittering of impish laughter would be concerning under any other circumstance, taking into hand that there was interference to begin with, Kim could only assume it to be the dying signal. It was the best he could come up with a the moment, if he thought on it any more than he had it would only prove to eat away at his mind, Kim instead absconding with thoughts that dwelled on his situation.

But when the days meld together as the sands beneath your feet do, one cannot help but dwell.

“ Will I ever get out of here? Have I been walking in circles? Are those distant silhouettes real or am I just starting to lose it? “

These questions and more ran through Kim’s mind day after day of this endless hell of sand. Of course he was thankful for the curious pools of water that had saved him from dehydration- Kim’s deteriorating mind too exhausted to question them beyond the first few times they had saved him- but when another element had entered the fray, there was no choice but for Kim to face the reality of the situation.

Something fucky was going on.

An imp appeared, playfully speaking at him in it’s assumed tone of superiority. To Kim, this was a shock, not only at the fact this creature was able to summon forth pokemon of it’s own design at will, but also at the fact that after all this time of being alone with his pokemon, he was finally introduced to another sentient being.

Yet his tongue was tied- Kim unsure of whether this had been from partial dehydration or just plain shock- and simply subjected himself to the imp’s gift, nodding his head in gratitude.

His hand brushes the holsters on his side, and exhausted Ambipom released then subsequently plopping itself down into the sand, the monkey’s legs sprawled out as it rested all four of its hands within its lap.

With a clear of his throat, Kim- in a dry voice- commanded the Ambipom to used shock wave, the pokemon lazily lifting it’s tails before clapping them together quickly, static bounding from the palms to their target, knocking them from the sky in an instant.

Without missing a beat, Kim called forth his Volcarona, the bug making a surface of itself- lying on its back as Kim sat the Fletchling on its stomach- preparing them as he saw fit. Once the three had been set to roast, Kim turned to the ring-clad individual, nodding his head in thanks as he spoke.

I appreciate your kindness but I can’t help but be wary of your sudden presence... Are you the one that’s been causing the disturbances in this desert?

His face- cracking from the wear of the desert heat and lack of moisturizer- held a calm seriousness, fight or flight weighing heavy in the back of his mind.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,233 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 2:23:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

[attr="class","aname2"]
kim's research thread

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]SEARCHING
[break][break]

"disturbances in the desert?" the hoopa snickers, laughter like sand sifting through fingers. "how can i disturb the very desert i own."[break][break][break]

the desert's spares little graces for its denizens, but this creature in its sprite-like dance, sweats no drop. lifting a pale hand to its eternal grin, the hoopa continues:[break][break][break]

"but i have been in search of something i have lost." the pokemon slides next to kim, admiring the man's visage— and lack of moisturizer. "you seem strong. accomplished. the perfect fit to help me, hehe! first impressions are not enough, though."[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

the hoopa leans in close, "help me find my treasure. a small bottle of perfume, in exchange for safe passage through this desert." from the floating ring, the hoopa summons a donut, which it promptly takes to chew upon.[break][break][break]

what will you do?[break][break][break]

[break][break]

YOU DO NOT NEED TO ROLL IN THIS THREAD.[break][break][break]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 3:37:37 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Deep down, Kim is a gambler. He’d tests his luck just as easy as take a breath in any situation he sees fit to do so- his carefree mentality leading him to the mindset of, “if you can get more, then go for more”.

But as of late, gambling had come second in his life only to the love that had entered it. He couldn't afford to gamble as he would in situations prior to the recent year, so the safety of his life trumped any thoughts of a grander prize than just that.

But this lust for life was not the only thing that had ran through Kim’s mind. In fact, it was precisely this that had halted him from furthering on with his acceptance of the deal.

How and where would he be looking for this bottle?

If it was in the desert this then surely this was nothing more than a pokemon pulling his leg, Kim “the fool” forced to wander this desert in search of a metaphorical needle in a haystack for who knows how long. But if it had not been the first guess, then how else was he supposed to find the bottle this imp seeks?

But then again… none of this was in his hands. At the moment, his life was not his own.

...Fine.” He says after a moment of thought, eating a fletching after the acceptance. “As long as you can guarantee my safety, then so be it.” A thumb brushes his lip, wiping clean the glossy coat of grease that had naturally seeped from bird.

There had to be more to this than what knowledge had been given to him, but with him being out of the know, he could only hold his cards to his chest and wait for the right moment to play them.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,233 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 8:38:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

[attr="class","aname2"]
kim's research thread

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]THROUGH THE RING
[break][break]

"so compliant! good! follow me!" the hoopa expands a ring before them. [break][break][break]

within its golden frame, kim can see another stretch of sand. endless. yet, it is reasonable to believe that this is another part of the hoenn desert kim finds himself lost in. hoopa grabs kim's hand and drags him through.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

dry winds cast scarves of sand down golden hills as if hailing kim's march into this new area. they walk some more, hoopa chit-chatting the whole way, as if it hasn't spoken to anyone else in ages. topics range from favorite types of macarons to wondering if a binacle mating with another binacle counts as a foursome.[break][break][break]

as they reach the crest of a desert slope, kim's impish companion gestures to what is strewn ahead: half-sunken statues leading to a crypt. several giant claydol float around, their eye-ridden heads ever rotating.[break][break][break]

"see this? my perfume is in that tomb." hoopa shakes its head. "and those ugly things get in my way. the moment i get close, they shoot lasers from their eyes or teleport like flies to corner poor little me!" with a cheshire grin, the hoopa leans in close to kim.[break][break][break]

"you're the brains of this operation. got any ideas? i can summon whatever pokemon you want to take care of them." the hoopa snickers, one ring beginning to expand in its hand.[break][break][break]

what will you do?[break][break][break]

[break][break]

YOU DO NOT NEED TO ROLL IN THIS THREAD.[break]
INSTEAD, SUMMON ANY POKEMON (DESIGN MOVESET, ABILITY)[break] & DESCRIBE HOW YOU TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM.[break][break]

ALTERNATIVELY, YOU COULD FIND SOME OTHER METHOD TO OVERCOME THE OBSTACLE.[break][break]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 3:56:13 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
As they walked- or rather as Kim walked- the discussions held with the pokemon were disjointed, yet strangely, Kim couldn’t help but indulge as that had been granted to him. And even stranger, Kim was finding the presence of this imp enjoyable… is this okay? Should he be concerned? Wasn’t this called stockholm syndrome or something? It was hard for him to think after all the time he had spent in the desert, so he could maybe give himself a little leeway when it came to feeling some type or way… right?

When they had finally approached their destination, his eyes, would peer over the first real man-made thing he’s come across in a while- and none to his surprise, he would have to enter at the behest of another rather than for his own enjoyment.

At least the imp was willing to help, an offer Kim was quick to deny.

I got this.

He says before walking forward, sending out a few pokemon to aide him in his task, a quick briefing being enough for them to understand their roles.

Through the desert walks a figure, beckoning ever closer to the ruins as the sands shift under his weight. His poise is calm and captivating enough for the focus of the Claydol to lie on him as he slowly sauntered forth, his expression calm. A shadow quickly passes overhead.

When at an adequate distance, he gives a loud whistle, the attention of the Claydols now fully on him as he set a hand on his hip. His eyes looked to the sky as a Volcarona hovered over it’s destination, an Ambipom dropping from the moths back and quickly descends downward, Kim smiles and points to the centermost Claydol, eyes on it.

I like ya’ cut, ‘G.

[player]https://www.mboxdrive.com/dN6QluYGWwd4KZGE_1597640024.mp3[/player]

As he finishes, the Ambipom slams onto the Claydol, both tail-palms slapping against the “back” of the pokemons head with a water pulse- the middle pokemon fainting with that anything but stealthy assassination.

Unable to hold his composure any longer, Kim chuckles, the Aipom splitting the attention of what remained of the Claydol between it and Kim, two groups giving chase to the both of them as they split- the Ambipom furthering into the ruins while Kim ran back the way he had came.

The Ambipom, while easily able to maneuver through the ruins, was unable to fully run from the guardians teleportation. But the plan was never to fully run away to begin with. In reality, two groups were easier to deal with than one large one, and with type advantage on their side, the Ambipom was quickly able to turn on the chasing Claydol; the Volcarona rejoining to deliver a mighty bug buzz to the golems as a distraction while the Ambipom cleaned up what had remained of them.

As for Kim, things weren’t so pleasant. He was only a weak human while the ones who had chased him were psychic enhanced golems. Or so it seemed.

As Kim feebly ran away from the pokemon he turned his head to look behind him, a smile on his face as a laser beam shot through his chest- his form dissipating into shadows as a Gothorita and Kirlia stood off to the side; Kim set up behind them. The two pokemon quickly shoot a look to the cluster of Claydol, rendering them immoble with a combination psychic as Mismagius regains her shape. A dark pulse would quickly strike down the titans, bringing an end to their chase as well as a rest to their purveying.

Kim would give a delighted clap his pokemon as they rejoined together with him, his face glowing with happiness at how well everyone had performed.

Everyone did so good, I’m proud of all of you. And if we weren’t covered in sand I’d give all of you a big ol’ smooch.

The Gothorita would only squint at Kim before forcing herself into her pokeball, the others following suit after Kim had manually returned them.

After the debriefing Kim’s eyes fell on the imp behind. Speaking in a slightly more upbeat tone.

Okay, that’s done, what now?

(i don't feel like putting in their sprites, lol)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,233 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2021 0:23:58 GMT
shiv Avatar

STAREDOWN BETWEEN 2 WORLDS

KIM'S RESEARCH THREAD

"REFUSING MY HELP? BOOOOOOOOORING." a sigh leaves the hoopa who floats limply as if cradled by some invisible hammock.

still, the hoopa's lackadaisical nature does not extend to its emerald eyes. following 's pokemon and their trainer, the mischievous sprite watches without a smile.

the claydol fall into the dunes. when they land, an eruption of sand rushes forth in grainy fanfare. their heavy bodies lay still. not dead. just deactivated.

when the councilman returns with the job completed, the hoopa is busy tossing all kinds of pokemon between its rings. startled cramorant and sentret pop in and out of the hoops in a cruel circus act before the golden rings are withdrawn to the hoopa's wrists.

the hoopa is quick to brighten its countenance. "WOW! EVEN AFTER LOSING SO MUCH TIME IN THE DESERT, YOU'RE AS UPBEAT AS EVER." gray palms clap together as it laughs hard enough to send it somersaulting backwards in the air. "INTO THE TOMB WE GO! YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MY TALENTS, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE STUBBORN ABOUT IT, HM!"

with a hum, the hoopa sends out one of its rings. it slips into it before popping out of another that materializes before the crypt's door. should choose to, he may also use this temporary portal; however, he may also trek to the entrance by foot or pokemon.

on the heavy stone door, the stone-carved face of a shinx with closed-eyes extends from its center. after setting its hand on the face, the crisp sound of turning stone can be heard. the shinx-face's eyes open up and its jaw opens.

"I HAVE NOT SEEN A HUMAN HERE IN CENTURIES." the stone shinx says. "AND I HUNGER VERY MUCH SO. SOLVE MY RIDDLE— AND TELL ME ONE IN RETURN. THIS WILL ALLOW YOU SAFE PASSAGE INTO THIS TOMB. FAIL TO SOLVE MY RIDDLE OR FLEE, AND YOU SHALL BE EATEN BY ME."

the hoopa snickers and pats on the shoulders. it whispers encouragement. he got this!

"WHICH POKEMON EVOLUTIONARY LINE GOES ON FOUR LEGS IN THE MORNING, TWO LEGS AT NOON, AND ON THREE LEGS ON THE EVENING?"

FOR THIS ROUND, please solve the riddle posed by the sphinx and reply with a pokemon-based riddle of your own. you may choose any other route to bypass this, should you dare. for a hint, look to pokemon sprites.[break]

, please post in research threads after you have posted.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-shinx"]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2021 8:07:04 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
There is hesitation when the Hoopa opens a portal and hops though, the councilman’s brows furrowing at the idea of stepping into the unknown. But in the current climate, trekking any further would be more annoying than anything- the amount of sand he has in his shoe a testament to how long he had been wandering.

Fuck it.” He figures, hopping into the portal. It didn’t seem like his situation would get any worse, the man already unwillingly keeping up with the imp’s pace whether he liked it or not. Going through the ring at least would get him to point A to point B quicker than walking, as well as save his pokemon the energy they would likely need for furthered venture.

Upon stepping though the portal, Kim take a look around, getting a bearing on his location as he moves to empty his shoes, slapping the soles nonchalantly as he eyes the Shinx; it beginning to speak in the midst of him shaking what sand he could out of the booties. By the time it had finished, Kim had begun putting his other shoe back on, looking up at the Shinx with a dim expression.

One sec.” He says as he pulls out his phone, wiping away the dust that it had accumulated on the screen. Before he even attempted to turn it on, he spoke into the mic, “Gimme some juice Timofey.” A porygon quickly sounding from the device before it sprang to life.

Kim looks to the phone with a hand on his hip, eyes looking up as his head remained tilted down, a quick and semi-awkward smile given to the statue as the phone booted up- Kim looking down as to avoid eye contact with the somewhat imposing force that stood before him.

Once the phone had finally come on, Kim opened an app, minutes passing by as he scanned all currently documented pokemon for whatever pokemon fit the bill for the riddle provided. It took a couple more minutes, as he was having trouble finding exactly what was asked, but after a moment, he had it. So, Kim put his phone away, dusted off his pants, and looked the Shinx in its face.

Yea bud there ain’t a pokemon that fits that description. I mean you got maybe the Delphox or Slaking line but Slaking is a stretch because technically it’s just lies there. And Delpox has that long ass stick that it can used as a cane if it wants so that could work. I’d put my money on Delphox. Unless it’s Slaking then I meant Slaking.

Kim’s head turns slightly, looking at the Hoopa and speaking. “My turn now right?” Whether or not the Hoopa had assured him, Kim would go anyways. “Yea my turn.

The ancient god Tuov is speaking with their partner Nibelma about their future children and what domain each of them will rule over. First, there’s Tipodiss, they’ll rule them all, and sit at the tallest mountain to have a view over everything. Next is Wilma, who will have full control over measurement and assure that everything fits precisely as it should. And you can’t forget about Sugandese, they will be indulgence incarnate and assure other have their fill of whatever may suit their taste. Now that only leaves one more, Bophades. What exactly will Bophades rule over?

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,233 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 4:47:34 GMT
shiv Avatar

KIM'S RESEARCH THREAD

"YOU ARE CORRECT." the luxio sphinx speaks. however, the riddle dispenses causes the stone face to contort in thought. the story is lost on the luxio— and as confusion causes it to tremble, cracks form on its carved countenance. the door crumbles apart. the tomb is now accessible.

the hoopa laughs, spinning in the air. the sprite swoops down and slaps away a stone crumb. "DOES THAT RIDDLE EVEN HAVE AN ANSWER? GYAHAHA! THAT WAS JUST TOOOOO EASY!"

entering the tomb, they find themselves in a musty narrow room: an antechamber. on either side, the walls feature old drawings of people fleeing from a large, bipedal creature. the art reveals six floating arms and a deviant face. when they enter the next room, a stone door closes behind them with a large thud. a cloud of sand and dust erupts from the stone floor. nearby, several human bones lay littered and cracked.

on the other side of the room, three exits can be seen: one to the left, one in the center, and one on the right. however, one can not peer past the darkness to see what exists beyond the unknown. an inscription is carved above:

"the correct exit can not be seen by looking without looking at yourself. choose wisely, for what lies behind the wrong door will spell your doom."

suddenly, golden karrablasts scurry out from unseen cracks. they begin filling the room, threatening cut everything down with FURY CUTTERS. they are hungry after eons of stagnancy.

"YOU'RE A HANDSOME MAN. YOU PROBABLY HAVE A MIRROR ON YOU SOMEWHERE, RIGHT?" the hoopa cackles before brandishing one of its rings. "OR YOU CAN USE ONE OF MINE?" with a shake, the ring's hollow circle is replaced with a reflective surface.

regardless, it appears the councilman must use a reflective surface of some kind to discover the correct door to use. the karrablasts become fiesty, tearing at fabric, nipping at skin. as the room fills with these scarab-like pokemon, it is clear that may become another skeleton scattered on the floor.

using the image of the mirror in the post, try to figure out the answer. the answer is contained within the image itself.

, please post in research threads after you have posted. please indicate which door you want to use.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-karrablast"]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 13:49:47 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
As the statuesque visage of the Luxio crumbles, Kim watches, his lips downturned into a frown. Before he could even finish the joke, the Luxio sunk into itself, revealing an entranceway leading into the tomb.

Saddened by the statue not even questioning his riddle, Kim finds some semblance of relief when the gremlin to his side does, the councilman perking up slightly.

Yea. Bophades Nuts.” He chuckles, moving forward as he whispers. “Gotteem

The absolute buffoon, he fell for it. Kim only wished others could see how easily Kim was able to trick this baby creature as he had.

Amidst wiping the tears from his eyes from laughter, Kim spots the drawings on the wall, idly scanning either side of the antechamber as they moved through, eventually leading them- or rather Kim- into his theoretical doom.

The mirror the creature had presented was quickly denied. Kim composure unfaltering even under a situation as stressful as this.

He digs into his clothes, past the outerwear and into the more personal fabrics, pulling out a small rectangular hand mirror and wiping the surface free of accumulated dust- peering into it with a less than pleased expression.

Dry lips, dry skin, dry everything. Eugh, I really wish I brought more moisturizer with me…” The man pokes and pulls at his face, flatting and creating temporary wrinkles as he did. “Na is gonna be some angry when I show her how I’ve been treating this face of hers.” As opposed to how upset she would be considering her significant other had been lost in the desert for at least a month.

Kim continued to look in the mirror, ignoring the pinching at his feet as a Gothoria released itself, scoffing at the vanity of her trainer as she levitated the two a bit higher. Kim’s attention turns from himself as a thought occurs.

Oh right, we’ve been traveling together for a bit but I haven’t introduced myself, and at this point it’s kinda rude of me not to.

The councilman nonchalantly tosses the mirror down, giving the Karrablast something to gnaw at other than him for a couple of seconds. As the Gothorita hovers him towards the left door, Kim crosses one leg over the other, enjoying the rest his feet had gotten while he could as he spoke.

Councilman Kim Cole, it’s less than a pleasure to meet you under such unfavorable situations.

Kim extends a hand towards the imp-like pokemon for a handshake.

Despite everything he had gone through, to skip a step as important as introduction is a sin Kim himself should never commit.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,233 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 6:55:17 GMT
shiv Avatar

KIM'S RESEARCH THREAD

WHILE THE KARRABLAST swiftly swarm over the mirror, the hoopa recoils with the brief bolt of shock. kim's insistence of an introduction, as charming as it is, is unexpected. but the hoopa plays the game. it takes the councilman's hand and shakes it, the rings on its horns jangling.

"i'm hoopa." the imp says.

and as they traverse into the left door, the tomb groans with sand. the door closes behind them as ancient karrablast swarm its stone wall.

ahead, a long room awaits fully in the dark. at its end, a bottle awaits on top of a raised stone slab bathed in one beam of sunlight. the hoopa gasps, "good! yes! my favorite perfume! please, bring it to me, won't you buddy ol' pal?"

should kim move forth without a light, he'd wear whispers. soft pining voices speaking left and right. should flame light his way, he would find several sarcophaguses lining either side of the path.

a sweet scent wafts in the room.

the sarcophagus open one by one as kim passes them, and from their darkness, emerge beautiful womanly forms. they reach for kim, attempting to seduce his person while he advances.

, please ROLL alongside your post. should summon a pokemon with the ability, OBLIVIOUS, you may bypass rolling altogether. afterward, post in research threads for the next stage of your thread.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-cofagrigus"]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 16:42:19 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Hoopa.” He echoes, allowing the name to ruminate on his tongue. “Suits you.

Upon reaching their destination, Kim lands on the floor, the Gothorita sending a telepathic and annoyed, “You’re welcome.” Before Kim had gotten the chance to thank her himself.

With a roll of his eyes both physically and mentally, Kim looks towards the “perfume” then back to the Hoopa.

That perfume must be bumpin for it to be in here like this under all these traps and junk.

He takes a step forward and his senses are quickly tested, a sweet scent halting him in place. He only questions it for a second before releasing his Volcarona, the pokemon igniting the tips of its wings to provide light, revealing the womanly forms that lined up before him.

Damn shawty, okay.” Kim says before moving towards the first form, the Gothorita forcibly halting him in place with psychic.

Kim, turning back to the Gothorita, scoffs.

Bella! Don’t be rude. Okay and? Trap or not, I can’t just leave them hanging. I’m a grown ass man, Belladonna Cole, I can make my own decisions.

With an annoyed grunt, the Gothorita relents, releasing her psychic hold from Kim but releasing a Teddiursa and Mismagius from their balls, the former sinking into the shadows while the ladder hopped into the man’s arms.

With newfound freedom, Kim approaches the first that presents itself, Kim giving a relaxed smile as he pushes the Teddiursa up on his hip.

Hey, this place has a nice atmosphere and all but the mood just ain’t right. If you want, I can take you and your friends somewhere it is.” 

nsCVEaB|
·