Fun Fair, Fun Times

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Fun Fair, Fun Times
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 4:56:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Should she knock or should she just go inside? Bo hesitated at the door to Avery’s pokemon daycare. She had on her finest: a pair of jeans without holes and a plain red t-shirt without stains and suddenly she wished she’d gotten better clothes instead of the handful of flowers she grasped a little too tightly. At least she’d brushed her hair back into a slick and orderly ponytail.

She turned to eye the carriage and Burke - who she had convinced, with many sweet poke-snacks, to wear a flowery set of reigns and to be their chauffeur for the night. The ground-type gave her a flat look and then nipped at the reins along his side. She knew the flowers were really not his style but he could at least pretend. She scrunched her nose at his apparent displeasure before turning back to the door.

She’d been out here too long already. What if Avery knew she was standing out here? What if she sweated through her shirt just standing on the doorstep? She tried to calm herself with a slow breath. It was now or never and she was really excited for this date.

Knock or just go inside?

With a nod she decided on both. She gently opened the door, squashing the flowers slightly as she shifted them into the crook of her arm, and rapped on the door frame to announce her arrival. ”Hey, Avery?”

>>
>>Mission
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Fun Fair, Fun Times
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 16:08:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

It wasn't that Avery had forgotten about their planned date, per se, but rather that she had lost track of time. The woman is busily handing out enough food for her Pokemon before she leaves, as she's sure she won't be home till late. Of course, there's plenty of other assistants around the daycare that could do this themselves, but she's adamant that her babies only take food from her.[break][break]

She's probably just paranoid and an overbearing mother.[break][break]

Avery has already gotten herself mostly prepared - dressed in a simple white dress and too-big hat, a pair of simple flats. She's feminine, of course, but she isn't dressed to go to a ball. Normally she's elbow's deep in the dirt, coveralls covered in stains. It's refreshing to see how wonderfully she could clean up.[break][break]

And then she startles when the door opens, followed by a knock. Her attention snaps up to the clock that is several minutes past when she'd been expected to wait outside. Oh dear.[break][break]

"Oh my gosh! I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm so sorry!"[break][break]

On her way to the front door, however, she continues to dart back and forth in her haste. At first it's her purse that she forgets, and then her phone, and then her purse again when she'd stopped to blow another kiss to her Roserade.[break][break]

"I'm so scatterbrained, please forgive me- oh my word."[break][break]

She's spotted Burke, decked to the nines in lovely flowers along his reigns. Avery giggles, covering her mouth and looking to Bo with a flushed and embarrassed blush across her cheeks.[break][break]

"Both of you look beautiful, I'm so flattered, you didn't have to do all of this for me!"[break][break]

Something in her purse twitches and she tucks the purse behind her nonchalantly.[break][break]

"Where are we goin'?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]