1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
2 weirdos having lunch [najwa]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2020 6:52:41 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

On the rare occasions Isra is compelled to walk away from her desk and take to somewhere else for her lunch, she tries to make a habit of chatting with the other night dwellers. It's one of the rare moments she gets to socialize with those that happen to also be in the building so late, otherwise sticking to the confines of her office and the work that gets piled on her shoulders.

Some nights she just needs to walk away for a moment, gathering her muffin up into her bag as heels click against the tiled floors of the building. She finds herself in the dining hall tonight, rather than some wayward office doorway talking to whoever she can find there.

Many faces are familiar, one stands out amongst the rest. They've crossed in passing but not much more. Isra is far from shy, approaching the woman without hesitation. "Do you mind if I join you?" Isra nods towards the empty seat.

@bean4

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2020 16:17:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Najwa looks up from her book as she absently glances to the woman who's approached her. This was Fernando's assistant... Najwa has seen her many times whenever she was going into Fernando's office herself, and usually would give the woman a friendly nod, perhaps a wave if her hands were full of a statistic printouts.

But to be approached by her is something new, for the most part. Najwa offers a kind smile - one that has made her practice after telling her that sometimes she looks too grumpy when she's meeting new people, including himself.

"Oh, of course not... Here, let me..." Najwa bookmarks and closes her book, pulling her things away from the table surface so that Isra can sit and set her own things down. "Working overtime?" She asks quietly, glancing at the cold food she's forgotten in front of herself.

She resumes eating it anyway, not minding the cold spaghetti noodles with pesto.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2020 17:38:31 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra gestures for the woman not to worry about the room, pulling her muffin from her bag and setting it down on the table as she sits. "Thank you though." she seems almost a little stiff but it's not uncommon, the work place tends to do that to her. The mind numbing numbing crawl of paper work, the encroaching office walls caving in when she's been sitting there alone for too long- she has left it in the office temporarily.

"No, not yet at least." Isra shakes her head, her work feels mostly like maintenance most nights. It only changes pace when decides to lay on extra tasks for her, usually some endeavor that's more for him than her position in the league it seem. "I imagine you are though, Miss Essam. Your's is a position much more demanding than mine."

Isra breaks off a small piece of her muffin, chocolate with darker chips. Sweet enough to satisfy but not so much to upset her stomach. She pops it in her mouth with dainty fingers and a delicate ite.

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2020 17:44:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Mmm, well. Assistant work, I find, is much harder than my work... Especially when it comes to working for Fernando." Najwa chuckles and finishes off her pasta, before pulling out a small mason jar that Kim had put a little mini peach cobbler into for her.

"I've been trying to cut back on my workload. I had someone worried for a while due to my inability to sleep, so I've been... Careful about my overtime, lately." Najwa digs into the cobbler and sighs softly, before leaning back into her chair, placing the spoon into her mouth with delicate precision. Once she's swallowed the dessert, she sets the spoon down and smiles.

"What has he got you working on tonight?" She tilts her head. "Paperwork?"

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2020 18:07:07 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Mostly paper work, like usual. The occasional extra task crops up but it's been mostly the same things every night with those... beasts." she's not entirely sure how to feel about them still, even having witnessed one for herself.

A brow quirks at the jar of sweets, because Isra thinks it a little odd but she doesn't question it. "It's good to take care of yourself, too many in this building seem to forget that." Her eyes return to her muffin, it's not really a caring comment so much as an observation. It seemed everyone here was quite eager for their work, so much so they often failed to care for themselves. "Brain and body stop functioning after a point if you don't let them rest correctly." it's matter of fact more than anything.

There's a small tilt to her head, a barely there smile when she asks "What have they got you working on lately?" before popping another bite of muffin in her mouth.

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2020 18:15:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Najwa nods quietly at Isra's words. She wasn't incorrect; a lot of people were hyper-focused here, and mostly just... forgot about self-care in their work. But, it stood to reason that it was smart to rest after so long working. Except in the rare instances of the veil lifting and the fog clearing after a certain point of no sleep. Where clarity comes to mind and body, and Najwa finds that the work comes into focus.

"Genetic sequences. The beasts have me busy as well." Najwa sighs softly and runs her fingers through her hair. "Also, a bit of fossil reconstruction... Trying to repair fossils by creating synthetic elements to synthesize the genetic makeup with other pokemon that are similar. It's hard to find living examples of them, so we're trying to recreate it so they don't go extinct."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2020 18:22:42 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She gives her a thorough answer and there is a clear change in how Isra looks at her this time. Though science is far from her strong suite there is a certain sort curiosity that follows the words and concepts she understands in vagueness and abstract imagery in her head. It is only by the answers to questions asked over the span of many nights she can find footing to inquire further.

"That sounds... interesting." she's a little less stiff now. "Have you had much success doing so?" Isra forgoes another bite of her muffin in favor of asking questions. curious eyes watching the woman with more interest than normal.

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 23:04:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar

At the prompt of whether or not Najwa has had any successes with her research, Najwa's eyes fall to her cobbler, and she sighs gently. "So far, not particularly." Her lips purse as she thinks for a moment, before nodding her head. "I mean, I've brought whole fossil's into play, of course. But partial ones... The embryo's have been dying. I need to find a way to stabilize them."

Najwa shrugs her shoulders and takes another scoop of cobbler. Arceus, Kim was a good cook. "I'll get it someday... Just getting there that's taking the longest time." She laughs softly.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2020 0:34:05 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra can understand what she says only in the most basic of ways. Concepts and context leading her to the understanding she can manage well enough. There are gears clearly turning in her head as she tries to understand because she can't help but be curious about the finer points of their conversation. "What have you tried so far? And do you know what it failed?" is what she settles on asking.

There are many more questions tumbling around in her head because truly she wants to ask the woman nearly everything about the subject if she is willing to talk. She could hold her hostage for hours asking her things even, if allowed to. For now it is a practice in self restraint that has her breaking off another piece of chocolate muffin, which she gets the feeling is far more mundane than whatever is in the woman's jar.

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 4:25:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Honestly, I think it's just a matter of finding compatible DNA to fit in the the fossils. It's incredibly difficult to match things, since each pokemon is so different... Even in the same species, move types, abilities... They're all affected by it's DNA, so." Najwa sighs wistfully, and glances down at her cobbler. It's gone.

It actually makes her a little sadder.

She'll have to ask to make her some more. He was such a good cook.

"Either way... It would be interesting to have someone take notes I can transpose later. If you're interested in coming along. It might not be the most glamorous job, but it is something different." Najwa pauses. "If Mr. Silph can spare you for a night." She smiles softly.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 4:16:42 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"So... Something like a puzzle that beeds pieces from other ones, so they have to be the same shape to work?" she asks, a manner of clarification. The best way her brain can translate what the woman seems to be saying. It makes sense to her that way, even if yhe more technical way of saying it made no sense at all.

She thinks for a moment, on the idea that dhe presents and Isra thinks she'd like the idea a bit perhaps. There are many things for her to gain from such an endeavor.

She smiles. "He can spare me whether he wants to or not, I would love to have the chance if you would give it." might be her boss, but it's clear he is by no means her keeper.

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2020 19:41:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"I'm sure he'll be fine with it. If you've finished your work, and are only doing extra. Anything for the league is his work, after all." Najwa reasons, before raising from her seat.

"If you're finished, you can follow me. If not, I'll be in the labs on the second floor. Just swipe your key card and wash your hands when you enter before putting on some gloves and a labcoat."

Humming, she grabs her tray and carries it over to the garbage, not really waiting to see if Isra would follow. If she doesn't, she'll see her in a moment, anyway.