awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
The Legend of the Last Dragon Slayer [mission/open]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 16:08:11 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

There is a legend that surrounds the character of Valerio Dimitri Dachev.

Among the Hoennian rockets, Valerio is just a relic, a display of variety among its members. He is one of the oldest in the organization, perhaps even the only one he knows who is at his late 30s. And with a kind of personality that speaks for itself, he is easily painted wise at best, conniving at worst, which he can only compensate with his knowledge of dragons.

Valerio will say he is the best dragon-type trainers in the team. New grunts will believe him; with all the display of power his drampa and kingdra makes, why would not they? But the reason behind it has a far more sinister story only a few gets to live after hearing it.

There is a legend that surrounds the character of Valerio Dimitri Dachev, and that involves him being the last of his kind: a dragon slayer.

Reaching the pinnacle of the Mt. Chimney, the man laid down his bum into the ground, the dreepy hovering around. "Rest for a few seconds, Darty. We'll start our training soon."

DARTY (DREEPY) is idle.
@
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 3, 2020 22:45:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","yuki-box"]
[attr="class","yuki-large"]

[attr="class","yuki-smallbox"]

[attr="class","yuki-tag"]

[attr="class","yuki-notes"]
notes can go here, keep it short

[attr="class","yuki-iconborder"]
[attr="class","yuki-icon"]

[attr="class","yuki-textbox"]
[attr="class","yuki-text"]

Stocking? No, no, she was simply gathering information. [break][break]

But the redhead had to admit, he was kind of attractive. [break][break]

Allured by the tales of a great Dragon-type trainer amongst the ranks of Rocket, Nova Collins, a newer recruit, had gone out of her way to search after this elusive legend. Nova knew some of the rumors may have very well been exaggerated, but she was too excited about the idea to care. Nova always told herself that she loved all types of Pokemon equally, but deep inside, the girl had grown fond of Dragon-types. Having Drayco as her first Pokemon partner had planted the metaphorical seed to the flower of her admiration for the fearsome beasts. [break][break]

If there was a chance for her to learn even more about the type, Nova was not going to pass on it. [break][break]

Spreading its wings wide, A Dragonite closed in on the rocky earth, landing gently at the top of the volcanic mountain. Its redheaded partner leaped off its back, gingerly walking forth towards the lilac-haired man. [break][break]

"You're Valerio, right?" Nova called out, deciding to get to the chase immediately. She held her hands before her thighs politely, looking towards the man. "The "dragon slayer"?

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[newclass=.yuki-box] height: 450px; width: 550px; background: #000; border:20px solid; border-radius:10px; border-color:#ffc4c4; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-large]height:450px;width:250px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/wvAcvkd.png');position:absolute;left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-smallbox] height:450px; width:350px; background:#fff; position:absolute; right:0px; border-radius:50px 0px 0px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-iconborder]height:100px;width:100px;background:#ffc4c4;border-radius:100px;position:absolute;right:15px;top:15px;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-icon]height:100px;width:100px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/T3vcDQw.png');border-radius:100px;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-textbox] height:220px; width:250px; background:#fff; border:1px solid #ffc4c4; position:absolute; bottom:40px; right:20px; padding:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text] height:190px; width:230px; position:absolute; top:25px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; overflow:auto; padding:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text b]color:#db0000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-tag] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:150px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:40px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-notes] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:250px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:50px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text::-webkit-scrollbar] width: 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: #ffc4c4; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 5:05:44 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

The man guffawed at the girl’s exposition. The dragon slayer. It has been a long time since he heard of that monicker—once being used by the members of the old team rocket. Valerio was surprised his reputation reached as far as rocket’s newer recruits.

“I am. And you are?” He was holding to his hiker bag when he answered, his hands did not bother to reach into the girl’s. The container was quite heavy with all the cooking materials he brought with him at Mt. Chimney. Darty, on the other hand, was hovering beside him with eyes looking intently at the dragonite.

“How did you know I’m here?”

DARTY (DREEPY) is idle.
@nova
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 16:22:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"Me? A-Ah, well," [break][break]

Nova stood before him timidly, tapping the tips of her index finger together as she thought. Nova should have expected him to ask these sorts of questions. "I'm a new Rocket member. I heard about you an all from the others and I was super interested-- But I didn't want to catch you at a bad time," The redhead began to explain slowly, a cheeky grin easing its way across her soft lips. "I saw you as you were leaving today and decided to follow. My Growlithe tracked your scent and my Dragonite flew me here." [break][break]

She lowered her head, both out of respect and as a cause of her own embarrassment. [break][break]

"My name is Nova. I wanted to ask if you... Maybe, I dunno, wanted to train our Pokemon together."

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[newclass=.yuki-box] height: 450px; width: 550px; background: #000; border:20px solid; border-radius:10px; border-color:#ffc4c4; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-large]height:450px;width:250px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/wvAcvkd.png');position:absolute;left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-smallbox] height:450px; width:350px; background:#fff; position:absolute; right:0px; border-radius:50px 0px 0px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-iconborder]height:100px;width:100px;background:#ffc4c4;border-radius:100px;position:absolute;right:15px;top:15px;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-icon]height:100px;width:100px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/T3vcDQw.png');border-radius:100px;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-textbox] height:220px; width:250px; background:#fff; border:1px solid #ffc4c4; position:absolute; bottom:40px; right:20px; padding:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text] height:190px; width:230px; position:absolute; top:25px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; overflow:auto; padding:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-tag] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:150px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:40px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-notes] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:250px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:50px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 17:21:21 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

“You should have approached me sooner!” Valerio flashed him a cheerful smile as he landed a pat on Nova’s shoulder before continuing to tease his fellow grunt. “No need to stalk me like that. It gives me the creeps.”

The man nodded to the baby dragon floating beside him, the one he was supposed to train too in Mt. Chimney. “This one’s Darty. He’s tiny but you can actually see he’s actually determined to bring your dragonite down.”

The summit of the volcano featured an earthly ground riddled with live rocks and ashes. Trainers visited the top of Mt. Chimney to lay claim on the nimbus badge but the residents of Lavaridge had not seen its gym leader for quite some time now, allowing those with conspicuous character like Valerio to slip into the gym grounds to train.

“If you insist to learn from the dragon slayer then let’s see what your mons can do, eh?” Darty let out a soft yet determined growl. The dreepy’s excitement was out of his control. “How about a quick spar with your dragon right there?”

DARTY (DREEPY) is idle.
@nova
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 17:49:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Nova turned back up to look at the lilac-haired man who had now placed a hand onto her shoulder. Her crimson eyes blinked, surprised at his friendly composure. She half-expected him to scold if not report her! "E-Eem, yeah, I won't do that next time," She giggled uneasily, realizing just how creepy the efforts she'd gone through to find him actually were. Her Dragonite stepped forward curiously to get a better look at the man, and, more specifically, the tiny dragon. [break][break]

"That's a... Dreepy, right?" Nova asked, crimson eyes peering curiously at the little Pokemon. "He's certainly cute. I've never been to Galar but I hear interesting things about the region." [break][break]

Drayco the Dragonite chuffed out too, reflecting the other Dragon-type's excitement like a mirror. It splayed a palm and drove a fist into it, signaling that it was more than happy to participate in a spar. Nova smiled. "Sure! We'd love to show you what we've got." [break][break]

Drayco, taking initiative, spread its wings and flew a little bit off the ground, moving back to a more open space on the mountainous rock bed. It landed on the other side of the ground and nodded, signaling it was ready. Nova quickly jogged over to his side. [break][break]

"We'll give you first move!"

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 18:15:00 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

There was uneasiness in Valerio at the mention of Galar. His home. While the dragon is certainly of Galarian origins, Valerio received the dreepy’s egg when he was training in Johto.

Darty did not remind him of home not until Nova mentioned it. Though the man easily brushed his feelings off. “It’s great! Though nothing beats Hoenn—that I’m sure of.”

The baby dragon revved up as the dragonite postured for battle. As they have worked their strategy before, Darty was very eager to show his master his newly acquired skills. And so without a word, its body began to glow in golden light before it unleashed THUNDER WAVE aiming to immobilize its gigantic target. Afterwards, it launched itself with a BITE towards Draycon, bridging the distance the other dragon made for both of them.

“Tell you what: if you managed to impress me, I may try to teach you once a week.” He offered Nova as he crossed his arms, waiting for the other duo to make their move.

DARTY (DREEPY) uses THUNDER WAVE.
DARTY uses BITE.
@nova
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 18:56:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Before the much smaller dragon, Drayco snorted. It was just so tiny-- This would be more than easy to beat! However, Nova's eyes were stern and focused. "Don't you get cocky, Dray," She called out to her partner. [break][break]

The Dreepy made the first move. Drayco grunted, feeling an electric current around his body. It stiffened his joints and muscles making it fairly difficult to move. As such, stuck in place, he wasn't able to dodge the incoming bite attack. The fangs of his enemy sunk into the meat of his left arm, causing Drayco to growl out in pain. [break][break]

Nova saw that he was paralyzed. But she also overheard Valiero's words. She wanted to prove their true strength. One little status ailment wouldn't get into the way of their teamwork. She grinned and called back to the man, "We'll show you! Come on Drayco!" [break][break]

Her friend roared out and clenched a fist. Executing a Thunder Punch, an electric current began to circulate around the fist before it crashed down at the enemy Dreepy's head. "Two can play that game!" She announced, casting a passionate hand forward. [break][break]

Drayco's antennae began to twitch. Like the Dreepy, he too sent out a Thunder Wave in a golden ray of energy in hopes of paralyzing the small lizard.

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 20:45:34 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

Darty swifted through the battlefield with all its haste, its quick movements easily dodging dragonite’s every move. It is not as if the dreepy could do anything better than a THUNDER WAVE-BITE—after all, that is what the both of them has been practicing for the past few days and it did not bother learning new moves yet.

“Aaaand that’s enough.” Valerio called, the baby dragon hovering back to the man’s side as its eyes were still fixated at the dragonite. “I have to call it off before your Drayco do some number on my partner.”

The man stood there, contemplating whether the short sparring was enough for him to see the trainer’s face. There are traits that are quite contradictory with each other: she is rigid but fearless; uncreative but determined; eccentric but passionate. Although the truth was Valerio did not need any more convincing.

“Thank you for helping Darty with today’s training.” The bag that was still attached to his body was soon relieved from his shoulders as soon as he retrieved a cooking pot. “But who am I kidding? We can’t start training on an empty stomach. I’m actually famished after all that hiking. It’s good you decided to fly over here.”

Thinking the girl might not get what he meant, he repeated his intent with much simpler words. “I’m saying, ‘Fine, I’ll teach you.’ You can rejoice now.”

DARTY (DREEPY) is idle.
@nova
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 21:28:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

When the man paused the fight, Drayco leaped back to its partner, standing at attention. Nova looked at Valiero wordlessly, afraid that she and Dragonite's performance may have not been up to par with what he was anticipating. Nova held her breath during the silence that fell amongst the group, waiting for some sort of direction from the man. [break][break]

But then he spoke. And to her joy, he had accepted Nova's offer. The scarlet-haired girl practically grinned from ear to ear. "Thank you so much! I know you won't regret it!" She exclaimed. The girl hugged her Dragonite, patting the top of its snout, praising it as if it had won a contest. [break][break]

"We're going to get a lot stronger now, Dray!"

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 2:39:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1 free dragon-evolution (redeem in site shop).
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 2:43:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]NOVA'S TOXEL HATCHES!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STATIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NUZZLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TEARFUL LOOK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL SOUND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWER-UP PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PROTECT

[attr="class","wildtag"] @nova

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!