conquer your weakness [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2020 1:36:08 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
---
her first gym battle.

katherine would be lying if she said she didn't feel a bit excited and stressed over this experience. it'd be a great way to test herself and her pokemons but also... there was some risk involved, wasn't there? especially for her. a rocket. what if they somehow recognized her? sure, she rarely works without her mask, but... still. what if?
she didn't want to finish this day in a cell.

however, fear was never a factor. if it had been, she wouldn't have been here today. she believed that luck would be on her side and everything will turn out okay. her identity, unlike others', hasn't been exposed. and she intended for it to stay that way. she mustered the most average, normal-looking smile before entering the building and walking to the front desk, where she waited for the receptionist to address her. "hello. i am here for my gym battle. my name is katherine fairburne."

the reply was short, and the clerk seemed to wear a fake smile herself. not that kat could blame them for it. after all, she tried working in the same position a couple of times.
dealing with strangers, especially eager trainers, sucked.

nevertheless, after writing a couple of things down and verifying some of the snowy-haired woman's details, she stood up to guide her towards the designated arena - where the gym leader was supposedly meant to show up.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".katherinefairburne"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherinefairburne b"]color:#323c8a; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherinefairburne i"]color:#323c8a; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherinefairburne a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2020 5:38:17 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Selena did not want the power of a gym leader. She believed her reputation as such would just also get in the way. But she did want the opportunity to meet a lot of new people.

After all, this is among the best ways to keep records of the up and coming trainers of Hoenn. That includes league-based trainers and rockets-in-hiding.

One of her interns beeped her tablet with a notification of a pending gym challege. The girl was already waiting inside the hall.

Katherine Fairburne. Twenty One. Slateport City.

Her private office is just adjacent to the gym arena, up above its high ceing. Her one-sided window has a sight of the entire floor, and she could see the snow-haired lady from below, as if giggling with excitement to meet the new Lilycove gym leader.

Selena brushed her hair slightly and bunned into a ponytail. She reached for her pokéballs before going doing the stairs to meet the expecting challenger.

“Hey Katherine. You’re here for the Mystery Badge?”

SELENA is idle.
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2020 6:23:16 GMT

tag
notes
---
"mhm!"

selena is scanned with a keen stare, kat knowing now that this was her first meeting with the lilycove gym leader. phew. it felt easier to breathe now. there was no chance of her being recognized - or at least - that's the way it felt. "the mystery badge and none else. this is my first gym challenge ever, so... i hope i won't bore you!" correction, she hoped to win.

she felt like she had to.

"i chose who to bring with me very carefully. mostly because, well... i wanted to impress you. get some talk about me going between whatever group chat you and the rest of the gym leaders share," katherine imagined they had one. if she was a gym leader-- she'd definitely sign up for something of that sort. she inhaled deeply before retrieving a pair of pokeballs, each held firmly within one of her hands.

"hammer, morgana. you're up!"

the buttons at the middle of the pokeballs are pressed, causing the device to open and shoot a red beam that soon allows kat's partners to materialize. the first of them, morgana, is a tall mismagius who wears a smirk that belongs to a demon. the second is katherine's metagross, who's expression is as dull and neutral as ever.

the rocket grunt was ready and prepared. she only waited for the gym leader's signal now.

[newclass=".katherinefairburne b"]color:#323c8a; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2020 9:35:37 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Katherine brought with her two amazing mons for the first bout of their battle. She started with a mismagius and a metagross. Selena would try to go easy on her, since it was her first gym battle, but her monstrous partners should be parred with hers as well.

“Well, look at that.” Selena readied her partners as well. Drawing the pokéballs from her waist, she clicked the button at threw them into the arena. A delphox and haxorus appeared.

“Too bad I only know two gym leaders personally. But I’ll put in a good word for you if you really di manage to impress me.” Selena grinned. “So, a double battle, it is. Shall we start?”

SELENA throws out TIAMAT (HAXORUS) and CIRCE (DELPHOX).
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2020 19:03:57 GMT

tag
notes
mismagius uses PHANTOM FORCE to bring her and metagross closer. she also attacks delphox using this attack. metagross uses ZEN HEADBUTT against haxorus after going through the portal. (if you want me to roll for anything, just lmk! first gym battle - so i might make a mistake here and there).
a delphox and a haxorus. one of these seemed to worry the rocket-team member more, if only because she has yet to see it in action. haxorus... she'll have to keep an eye on it, won't she?

"just two?" it almost sounded like selena was joking. she imagined them to have some type of a relationship, similar to those co-workers share but then again... they weren't co-workers. not really. or perhaps it had something to do with the fact that selena was new to this job. "well, i suppose two is better than nothing." all katherine had to do was impress this gym leader.

today.
at this very moment.
this was her only goal.

a nod is offered - and then the battle finally begins. "morgana, we want to get closer." closer? already..? for a ghost-type and a psychic-type, it didn't sound all too reasonable. a frontal assault... what was she planning? "use phantom force!" a dark, violent tinted portal opens behind the witchy pokemon-- who follows the command of her trainer very easily. "hammer, go with her! morgana, you aim for the delphox. hammer, zen headbutt on the haxorus!"

it made more sense now. she intended to use the phantom force not only as an attack, but to close the gap between her pokemons and selena's. and if all went according to plan, then the mismagius would emerge from the portal to headbutt the delphox, with the metagross doing the same against the haxorus.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2020 18:38:34 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

The gym leader could sense the disappointment in Katherine’s voice as she settled on her opinion of Selena’s network-building. She felt disappointed too, considering how overworked she was that she has not allotted time to socialize with her peers. The fact that it is not listed in her job requirements was what consoled her.

“That’s quite a good move considering it’s your first gym challenge.” Katherine’s camp made their first moves—both the mismagius and metagross vanished into the void. “But my mon’s won’t let you down either. Tiamat, use SWORDS DANCE!”

The dragon growled and its eyes began glowing bright red as wisps of crimson sword-shaped aura began surrounding her. “Circe, stay still and watch Tiamat’s back.”

TIAMAT (HAXORUS) uses SWORDS DANCE.
TIAMAT's ATTACK increases sharply.
CIRCE (DELPHOX) is idle.
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2020 13:25:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boatwrap"]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

I wish you would come back
[break]Wish I never hung up the phone like I did,
[break]I Wish you knew that
[break]I'd never forget you as long as I live,
[break]and I Wish you were right here, right now, it's all good
[break]I wish you would
[break]I wish we could go back
[break]And remember what we were fighting for, and I Wish you knew that
[break]I miss you too much to be mad anymore,
[break]I wish you would

through the portal they emerge, and there is no hesitance from either of katherine's pokemons before they follow the commands of their trainer. quite the opposite. instead, they operate quickly-- and in sync! it was a planned tactic that had been employed before, something kat prepared either for this gym battle or...
[break][break]
well, who knew what other shady dealing the rocket-member kept hidden.
[break][break]
"thanks! i prepared a few of these beforehand, since... well, you do have the upper hand, don't you think?" they had more experience, katherine assumed. if anything, preparing just a few was likely not enough. there were too many variables in a battle to anticipate beforehand, let alone against a gym leader. morgana appears first, the ghost-type's sole intention is to headbutt the fox pokemon and knock them off their feet, even if only for a brief while.
[break]
just in order to give hammer the necessary time for him to act, with a headbutt of his own aimed against selena's haxorus.
[break][break]
the dragon-type seems to empower herself with a wispy, scarlet aura. it prepared to launch a devastating attack, if kat had to guess. "go on, both of you. the longer you wait-- the more time you are giving them to respond! morgana, use shadow ball. hammer, meteor mash it is. same targets!" precise and cohesive. the orders are not stalled, the trainer opting to fire them away than to allow her opponent any rest.
[break][break]
it worked in her favor, after all.
[break]
finding flaws in her plans had to be easy for selena. but with the little time kat offered her between each attack? it was bound to be harder.

[break]

[attr="class","boatbottom"]

[break]
katherine quickly tells her pokemons to attack as fast as they can. morgana (mismagius) aims at the delphox with shadow ball, while hammer (metagross) attempts to strike haxorus with a meteor mash. if something isn't clear / i made a mistake, just lmk! ♥
[attr="class","sltdrkcred"][ DARKEE ]

[newclass=.boatwrap]margin: 0px auto; margin-top: 20px; width: 350px; padding: 40px; background-color: #f5f5f5; border: 1px solid #dddddd; font: 11px arial; text-align: justify; color: #616161;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap b]color: #616161; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover b]color: #e05d87;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boattop]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover .boattop]color: #e05d87;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic]width: 70px; margin: 0px auto; margin-bottom: 10px; filter: grayscale(100%); -moz-filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic img]width: 70px; height: 70px; border-radius: 100%; -moz-border-radius: 100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover .boatpic]filter: grayscale(0%); -moz-filter: grayscale(0%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 20px; border-top: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom a]font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sltdrkcred]text-align: center; font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold;[/newclass][newclass=.sltdrkcred a]font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2020 18:49:39 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

It was good that Circe remained calm when both of Kat’s mons vanished at the use of PHANTOM FORCE—it gave her much time to dodge mismagius’s attack. However, the challenger commander another move that would finally connect at the fox witch, dealing heavy damage at her first hit, but Selena’s partner would not give up just yet. “Circe, FIRE BLAST at the metagross!”

The delphox easily switched places with the haxorus. Tiamat was hit earlier by the ZEN HEADBUTT but she easily retailed with CRUNCH, powered by her first SWORDS DANCE. The metagross attempted another attack—METEOR MASH—but the damage was still far from lethal. At Selena’s signal, the dragon leaped from her position and poised to CRUNCH the idling Morgana.

“I sure do. I have trained around the world so I’m pretty confident with my skills.” The gym leader prided, but there was nothing boastful in her tone. “But yours is great as well! If you prove your sense of intuition, then maybe you’ll learn my badge.”

CIRCE (DELPHOX) dodges PHANTOM FORCE.
CIRCE is hit by SHADOW BALL. It deals heavy damage.
CIRCE (DELPHOX) uses FIRE BLAST at HAMMER (METAGROSS).

ROLL 1-10 FOR FIRE BLAST TO BURN
cmWWGu44

TIAMAT's (HAXORUS) ATK increases (+2).
TIAMAT is hit by ZEN HEADBUTT. It deals moderate damage.
TIAMAT uses CRUNCH at HAMMER (METAGROSS). (+2 ATK)

ROLL 1-20 FOR CRUNCH TO LOWER TARGET'S DEF.

TIAMAT is hit by METEOR MASH. It deals moderate damage.
TIAMAT uses CRUNCH at MORGANA (MISMAGIUS). (+2 ATK)

HEY!! I incorporated the effects of my mons' moves but I noticed you didn't so feel free to tell me if you have problems with that so I can omit them~ Feel free to include them also in your next posts if you do

··
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2020 16:12:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

I wish you would come back
[break]Wish I never hung up the phone like I did,
[break]I Wish you knew that
[break]I'd never forget you as long as I live,
[break]I wish you would
[break]I wish we could go back
[break]And remember what we were fighting for, and I Wish you knew that
[break]I miss you too much to be mad anymore,
[break]I wish you would

it's an onslaught of attacks coming from the pokemons of the gym leader.
[break][break]
and yet, katherine maintains her composure. against all odds and what seems to be right, she doesn't let the excitement - or the stress - to get to her. not quite yet, at the very least. the fire consumes the metagross whole, inflicting heavy damage on the steel-type that threatens to put it out of commission. coupled with the crunch-- it's evident that it won't be standing for much longer.
[break][break]
it has a couple of moments left.
[break]
one last move to execute, perhaps.
[break][break]
"around the world, huh? well... i hope i won't disappoint you. i haven't gone anywhere outside of hoenn to test my skills," the faintest of smirks graces the features of the rocket member. "hammer, go with metal claw. now! before it reaches morgana!" what did she have in mind exactly..?
[break]
it becomes clear when both the haxorus and the metagross meet, an inch or two away from the ghost-type. the dragon-type bares its fangs, preparing to use CRUNCH on its target, but it meets a hardened, steel arm that glows brightly. "now! toss him towards the delphox!" it was capable of saving the morgana from the wrath of the dragon, but would it be able to lift tiamat and toss her away..?
[break][break]
whether if it happens or not, one thing is sure - it faints afterwards, unable to continue to float in the battlefield.
[break]
"..you're up, morgana. another shadow ball at the delphox!"
[break][break]
and with the next order given, kat retrieves her next pokeball. just as the mismagius shoots the sphere of shadows at the fox pokemon,, the fainted metagross returns to its own pokeball and is replaced by yet another psychic type.
[break][break]
gallade.

[break]

[break]
HAMMER (metagross) is hit by FIRE BLAST. It deals heavy damage.
[break]HAMMER (metagross) is hit by CRUNCH. It deals heavy damage.
[break]HAMMER (metagross) is hit by CRUNCH. It deals heavy damage.

[break][break]HAMMER (metagross) blocks the second CRUNCH (which is aimed for mismagius) with metal claw and attempts to toss TIAMAT (haxorus) towards CIRCE (delphox).

[break][break]MORGANA (mismagius) uses shadow ball against Circe (delphox).
[break]ROLL 1-20 to lower the target's special defense by one stage.
[break]
vWBw7boJ

[break][break]HAMMER (metagross) faints.

[break][break]ARTHUR (gallade) is sent out.

[newclass=.boatwrap]margin: 0px auto; margin-top: 20px; width: 350px; padding: 40px; background-color: #f5f5f5; border: 1px solid #dddddd; font: 11px arial; text-align: justify; color: #616161;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap b]color: #616161; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boattop]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic]width: 70px; margin: 0px auto; margin-bottom: 10px; filter: grayscale(100%); -moz-filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic img]width: 70px; height: 70px; border-radius: 100%; -moz-border-radius: 100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover .boatpic]filter: grayscale(0%); -moz-filter: grayscale(0%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 20px; border-top: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom a]font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sltdrkcred]text-align: center; font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold;[/newclass][newclass=.sltdrkcred a]font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON May 3, 2020 10:14:17 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

The way Katherine sacrificed Hammer to protect Morgana made the gym leader think the mismagius was the trainer’s star player. It was now obvious what strategy she would use to overcome her challenger.

After Tiamat successfully crushed the metagross, the steel-type managed to hurl Tiamat which sent it crashing towards the fox pokémon. “Circe, you alright?”

Selena quickly retrieved the delphox and summoned Sobek in her place. The croconaw received the damage for the SHADOW BALL but it was not affected that much. Tiamat rose to her feet as well as soon as Katherine sent her gallade out. The gym leader’s next words prompted the dragon to attempt another CRUNCH at the ghost pokémon.

“Perhaps if I leave for Kalos in the future, you could join me? I bet you would enjoy battling with trainers there.”

CIRCE (DELPHOX) is hit by Tiamat (thru METAL CLAW). It deals moderate damage.
CIRCE returns.
SOBEK (CROCONAW) is sent out.
SOBEK is hit by SHADOW BALL. It deals moderate damage.

TIAMAT uses CRUNCH at MORGANA (MISMAGIUS). (+2 ATK)

WMHyPkK|
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 0:53:50 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

Didn't wanna write a love song
[break]Usually these things come out wrong
[break]But you been up in my head all day long
[break]And now I'm all gone, yeah
[break]Didn't know we'd end up this way
[break]Keepin' memories on replay
[break]Yeah you make me want to catch the bouquet
[break]I just want to stay here

It was a fair assumption to make. If Katherine was willing to sacrifice Hammer, then it must have been because she desired to keep Morgana around for a bit longer. ..However, there was indeed more to it than just that. Or so she convinced herself, at least.
[break][break]
"Magical Leaf on the Croconaw, Morgana." A simple yet efficient order. But how exactly did the gym-challenger plan to deal with the rapidly approaching Tiamat? "Arthur, are you ready?" Gallade nodded immediately, as if expecting Kat's words, "Good."
[break][break]
It takes only another moment for the woman to act.
[break]As Morgana begins to spin and leaves are conjured for her to direct at the water-type, light flashes around the battlefield-- emitting from two separate sources. Katherine and Gallade both. Her own is purple in color, whereas his appears to be golden. The aura she exudes is cold, but his is warm. Such a major difference... Who could blame her for making such a huge spectacle out of this?
[break][break]
By the time the light disperses and Gallade is revealed, his form changes. The blades on his arms have grown longer and sharper, and his back now adorned a long cloak. "Arthur. Psychic. They aren't reaching Morgana."
[break][break]
The question remained-- was Morgana really the star of this team? Or was it the psychic-type who just mega-evolved?
[break][break]
"Kalos... Hm. I am not sure if that's my style. Have you been to Sinnoh? I've always wanted to travel there."

[break]

[break][break]
MORGANA (mismagius) uses magical leaf against CROCONAW.
[break][break]
ARTHUR (gallade) mega-evolves and uses psychic to damage HAXORUS and hold them in place in order to prevent them from reaching mismagius.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 15:43:37 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

A mega-evolution. Selena did not expect something like that from a gym challenge rookie like Katherine. This girl surely lives up to her claim that she will make the gym leader notice her.

Sobek endured another barrage of attack from the opposing team—this time, a swift MAGICAL LEAF came sweeping towards the croconaw. Tiamat, on the other hand, struggled with the gallade’s PSYCHIC attack before finally landing a crunch towards the ghost-type.

Selena realized the mistake she had in tracing Katherine’s strategy. It may not be about a single star player in her team but the dynamics that all of her pokémons have during battle. It was obvious since the first move she commanded her mismagius and fainted metagross.

But this battle is not yet over.

“Tiamat, Sobek, double CRUNCH at the mismagius!”

Selena could feel battle was already at its climax so she knew she had to take things seriously and stop idling. If Katherine would catch a glimpse of the Kalosian’s tiny face, she would notice that Selena has already put her game face on.

SOBEK (CROCONAW) is hit by MAGICAL LEAF. It deals heavy damage.
TIAMAT (HAXORUS) is hit by PSYCHIC. It deals heavy damage.
SOBEK uses CRUNCH at MORGANA (MISMAGIUS).

nxZ06rU2

TIAMAT uses CRUNCH at MORGANA. (+2 ATK)

·
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 16:19:12 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

"Your pokemons are tougher than I expected, I have to admit."
[break][break]
But then again... Selena was a gym-leader. It wasn't all too unexpected. And she certainly wasn't someone Katherine could underestimate. Tiamat reaches Morgana at long last, breaking free from the PSYCHIC in order to bite down the ghost-type. It's no surprise that a yelp of pain escapes the witch-like pokemon, who was not used to suffering pain this way.
[break][break]
Selena was indeed catching up. Now, through the cracks in the mysterious aura Katherine kept around herself, she could see who she truly was as a trainer. A woman who relied on the synergy between her pokemons, rather than focused on their individual talents.
[break][break]
"Gallade, escape."
[break]
How odd. Selena's order wasn't to attack the mega-evolved pokemon, was it..? And yet still, light shimmered around him as he neared Mismagius-- just as Tiamat and Sobek did. And by the time it fades away- it becomes clear why. He teleported the both of them out of harm's way, escaping the wrath of Selena's partners. "Morgana, twirl for them again. Don't waste your time."
[break][break]
The ghost-type chanted something in a murmur before spinning around, allowing those glowy leaves to shoot towards the water-type once more. And whereas the battle seemed to be in Katherine's favor, as if the tides have shifted... It also became evident that the new evolution was waning down Gallade. It would not last for much longer.

[break]

[break][break]
MORGANA (mismagius) is hit by Tiamat's (first) crunch. It deals heavy damage.
[break][break]
ARTHUR (gallade) uses teleport on himself and morgana, teleporting them away to evade the other attacks.
[break][break]
MORGANA (mismagius) uses magical leaf against SOBEK (CROCONAW) again.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 5:03:06 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Indeed, the gallade, who would be considered as the MVP in Katherine’s team, has played a supporting role towards the mismagius. The psychic-fighting type teleported both of them out of harm’s way, successfully dodging both of the CRUNCHES attempted by Selena’s pokémon. And yet—

“Sobek, again!” The croconaw was about to get hit again by the mismagius’s grass move but it launched itself again with CRUNCH towards the direction of the attack where the mismagius was. The water-type is close to fainting, but it would not try to give up without a fight.

“Tiamat, follow through with another CRUNCH.” And just like that, even Selena’s duo would try to prove that even they have synergy and harmony. After all, it was only a matter of time before the gallade turns back to normal.

SOBEK (CROCONAW) is hit by MAGICAL LEAF. It deals heavy damage.
SOBEK uses CRUNCH at MORGANA (MISMAGIUS).

hrIRYUJ0

TIAMAT uses CRUNCH at MORGANA. (+2 ATK)

·
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 8:57:28 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

Mismagius being hyper-focused is not something that Katherine was entirely against, frankly. Especially in the current standings of the fight. Gallade was more valuable, despite dishing less damage so far. The pair of pokemons are both ordered to target Mismagius- which leaves Katherine only a moment to decide how to go from here.
[break][break]
To sacrifice the ghost-type, or to ask Gallade to teleport her and him away once more.
[break]
She chooses the first. "You too then, Morgana! Don't stop!" She continued to levitate, spinning as leaves were shot in every direction - both towards the Croconaw and the Haxorus. The trainer accepted the fate of her pokemon, but that isn't to say that she wouldn't be taking Selena's own partners down along with hers. "Arthur! Finish off the Haxorus with another Psychic!" A nod was given from the dual-type, who already shined with a bright blue outline. The same energy began to surround the dragon-type, who was raised into the air by the Gallade, before being slammed against the ground with full force.
[break][break]
But that wasn't the only light that shined brightly in the battlefield. Gallade's mega evolution reached its natural conclusion, the gladiator-like pokemon reverting to its normal form.
[break][break]
"You did well, Morgana. You too, Arthur."
[break]
Mismagius faints after both of Selena's partners manage to sink their teeth into her half-corporeal form, no longer capable of floating around idly. She is returned to her Pokeball by Katherine next, before the next and last partner of the Fairburne is called for.
[break][break]
Salazzle.

[break]

[break][break]
MORGANA (mismagius) is hit by Tiamat's crunch. It deals heavy damage.
[break][break]
MORGANA (mismagius) is hit by Sobek's crunch. It deals heavy damage.
[break][break]
ARTHUR (gallade) uses Psychic on Tiamat.
[break][break]
MORGANA (mismagius) uses magical leaf against Sobek & Tiamat.
[break][break]
MORGANA (mismagius) faints!
[break][break]
CINDER (salazzle) is brought out!