1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2020 5:01:05 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

A fateful encounter.

Selena would not consider much thought of it if it did not matter that much to her. She would put the pile back to her cabinet, bring in a new sheet of paperworks to her table, and scan for anything that might possibly be linked to Team Rocket. But the case of Edward Chipping is the first thing she studied during her years as a journalism student in Kalos, and it marked her deeprooted interest in pursuing this profession.

Around 40 years ago, Edward Chipping, aged 22, mysteriously disappeared after his successful conquest of the Kalosian League challenge. By the time he defeated all Elite Four, he would have issued a battle to the region’s reigning champion to claim the title. But according to the police reports, it did not happen.

What happened was Chipping did not reach the radiant chamber after defeating the Elite Four. He was not able to challenge even the champion at that time. No one knew what happened to him; not even his body was retrieved at the crime scene. The only pieces of evidence found at his stead was the bloodied segment of ripped pants, a purple lace, and blood splatters on the floor.

The Lilycove Gym Leader, in a manner of fashionable dedication, replicated the crime scene down to its minute detail. Even the scratches on the walls, the dents on the floor, and the burnt marks were hauntingly reproduced. The room was big enough to copy the League Hall in Lumiose City. If only she could even tell where the missing body of the previous champion was.

“Good! You’re finally here!” Selena welcomed the stranger with an excited shriek, her cerulean eyes subtly scrutinizing her first challenger. In exchange of his dedicated time for the Vantage, if he helped her solve for the mystery of Chipping’s disapperance, he would earn her Mystery Badge. “I heard you’re my intern for the day.”

Kyle Lopez. Twenty Four years old. One of Hoenn’s Elite Four. He’s actually quite young for his position, Selena wondered if he really has what it takes to represent the greatness of this region. The reporter squeezed a huge pile of documents out from the table cabinet and dropped it on top.

“These are files about the suspects.” There are four inch-thick organizers. “All their alibis, their testimonies, and even their confessions.”

Selena produced an decades-old newspaper folded in-between the organizer pages. “Here’s the complete report on the police’s latest findings about the case.”

Selena sat on top of the table, looking directly at Kyle with her arms folded. “The challenge is simple: if you can help me figure out the suspect before this clock ticks down," She retrieved a sandclock from her pocket. "You win the badge. Are you ready?”

MYSTERY ROOM CHALLENGE IS OPEN!

1. In order to complete the mystery room challenge, you should be able to answer the following questions: Who is the suspect? What happened? When did the crime happen? Where did the crime happen? Why did the crime happen? How did the crime happen
  2. OOCly, there is no time limit. But the environment is set ICly in a mystery room challenge and is intended to replicate the pressure of time constraints and the unknown information.
  3. Clues are laid out in the post. The challeger is required to act upon the clues (e.g. investigate, analyze, deduct, conclude). Some clues may lead to more clues that will prove crucial in solving the mystery challege. Provide a summary of action at the end of your posts. You may act upon one or more clues.
  4. One clue requires a skill check from the player’s company pokémon. This clue holds a necessary information in solving the mystery room challenge. Be sure to find it!
  5. If there is ambiguity in my posts or there are concerns to be raised, PM me!
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2020 12:40:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
beside him was the mightyena that evolved without his trainer's knowledge and consent. it's his least favorite mightyena, although the title is loosely passed from one dog to another on his whim.

"h-hello-" the greeting was cut short by a question that suddenly comes to mind upon the premise of her words. "wait, are roleplaying or are you really using me to help solve a case?" he asks in surprise after being introduced as an intern.

regardless, he signed up for this and he has no one else to blame for not reading the fine print for the challenge. although he helped with crime scene investigations during his time on the slateport police department, it doesn't necessarily mean he was up to par with detectives. self confidence suddenly waver upon the realization.

"i dunno if a high school graduate will ever be ready for this, but sure."

he starts to walk up to the pile of take the police report and read the summary of the scene, getting a context of the crime scene before him, before going straight to each suspect's profiles. he has trained for this moment after mashing buttons to hasten video game dialogue while reading them as fast as possible.

the mightyena sits on the ground beside him, obediently waiting for his trainer's commands, though it wasn't like he'd need them soon.

"when does my pokemon come into play?" he asks in a cheery manner, making small talk while his eyes busied themselves on paragraphs.

tl;dr
  • kyle takes the documents and skims through each of them

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2020 18:44:10 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

The gym leader laughed at the guy’s question. “Of course we’re solving a case! What do you think we’re doing?”

Selene could have explained environment simulation helps her get in the game, but she was worried the elite four member might think the new Lilycove gym leader is weird.

“It’s better to have company that doing this alone, anyway. And besides, you’re one of the region’s toughest trainers. What else do you have to worry?”

Kyle first perused the documents that was laid down in front of him. These files contained information about the former Kalos Elite Four: Ándrea Romano, Basil Romano, Celene Brodeur, and Dimitri Ivanov. The regional police managed to take pictures of the four, all of them almost donning the same fashion: ivory-colored robes, purple laces, and matching medallions. But if Kyle looked at the photos closely, he would notice the nuances in their appearance.

Ándrea’s facial expressions were incalculable, almost suspicious. Basil was rather rugged-looking, the robe covering her entire body with no sight of the other clothing ornaments. Celene was scared, the fear was showing in her photo. Dimitri looked indifferent, his face could be telling that he knew something but would not say.

All their statements were saying the same thing: they did not know what happened. It was easy to blame then-champion, Fulgis Pravda, that he was the last one to see Edward, but there were no footages showing Edward appeared in-front of his radiant chamber, refuting these baseless accusations.

Other information regarding the Elite Four included their battle records, preferences in typing, and even challenger logs.

In the middle of his skimming and scanning, a question from Kyle suddenly made Selena giggle.

“You really can't wait, huh?” The lady nodded towards the replicated crime scene, the pieces of evidence left crucial in the police’s investigation: the tattered piece of pants, the purple lace, and the blood-splattered floor. “Both of you actually have a role to play in this investigation. And it has to do with those repeating patterns of blots on the floor. You notice the three protrusions and the semi-circular body. Any guess?”

Clues Found:

• Police documents and reports - contains information about the Kalosian Elite Four

Deduction:

1. In order to complete the mystery room challenge, you should be able to answer the following questions: Who is the suspect? What happened? When did the crime happen? Where did the crime happen? Why did the crime happen? How did the crime happen
  2. OOCly, there is no time limit. But the environment is set ICly in a mystery room challenge and is intended to replicate the pressure of time constraints and the unknown information.
  3. Clues are laid out in the post. The challeger is required to act upon the clues (e.g. investigate, analyze, deduct, conclude). Some clues may lead to more clues that will prove crucial in solving the mystery challege. Provide a summary of action at the end of your posts. You may act upon one or more clues.
  4. One clue requires a skill check from the player’s company pokémon. This clue holds a necessary information in solving the mystery room challenge. Be sure to find it!

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2020 19:11:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
does that mean she doesn't really know the answer to the case? is he being used for personal agendas for the promise of a gym badge? is this legal? he starts to question things, and realizes that wasting brain power on complaining internally doesn't really help him in this situation.

maybe he'll complain to himself later once he gets a more vivid picture of how the gym operates.

"yeah, about that... being a trainer's kinda the only thing i have going for me. i'm kinda useless without pokemon, y'know?" he assumed he wouldn't be able to do anything noteworthy since majority of the tasks given to him for this challenge doesn't require a pokemon.

he continues to look at the files. nothing stands out. judging them from appearance alone was not going to be useful by any means since criminals are often good actors and liars anyways. statements weren't useful either since they were essentially the same.

he gets prompted back to the scene, taking notice of the clues left for him.

"i'm bad at guessing... do i have to get my poochy to track that down? that involves leaving the building though, so probably not..."

kyle scratches his head and starts to look at the suspect's pictures again, trying to see if any of them were missing a lace, and if there were any pictures of them that weren't mugshots that showed their pants.

tl;dr
  • tries to compare the outfits of each elite four member to see who misses a lace or torn their pants

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON May 3, 2020 9:31:41 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

“That’s fine. I didn’t expect you to solve the case alone either. That’s why I’m here.”

The Lilycove gym leader walked towards the bloodied floor, retrieved a chalk from her pocket, bent down to the red splatters and encircled the marking. “It’s a footprint. And to be specific, a mightyena’s.”

The journalist just got what she needed for today’s mystery room challenge. Rather than try to figure out what the pokémon could be doing in the crime scene, she thought the pair could just simulate what they guessed might have happened. Hotel is actually the clue to this puzzle. And by the looks of it, they were already one step closer to the answer.

Only one of the Elite Four specialized in dark-types. And it’s no surprise that Basil Romano, who was missing the purple lace of the Kalosian League medallion that was found in the crime scene, would be the one to own the pokémon in question as well. The question now is whether she truly had something to do with Chipping’s disappearance or not.

Selena lifted herself up before continuing. “No, you don’t need to go. This is a 40-year old case. Most people would forget that this happened in the history of Kalos. We would not be able to find anything either except for what we have right here.”

The Kalosian is not a perfect judge of character but she is right most of the time. It might be a mistake to bring with him someone who he hasn’t bonded much with but it could also be his opportunity to do so. The values upheld by the Mystery Badge could be something that Kyle Lopez really needed to work on—intuitiveness. And it will reflect on how he dealt with this challenge.

“There are still clues here in this room that could illuminate Edward Chipping’s story more. But I think the more obvious question now here is: what do you think happened at the crime scene and what does Basil and the mightyena have to do with it?”

Clues Found:

• Police documents and reports - contains information about the Kalosian Elite Four
  • Mightyena footprints are found in the crime scene
  • Basil Romano is a dark-type trainer

Deduction:

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON May 10, 2020 17:39:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle investigates the footprint. his mightyena opts to fit his paw on it, but kyle promptly stops the childish behavior knowing how tampering with evidence isn't a good thing to do for investigations.

"mightyena, uh, tracks down the victim's scent trail if the blood is really theirs? but that's the obvious thing and puzzles like these often have twists and..." kyle sighs, scratching his head with a hand. "maybe i'm just overthinking it.

he tries to follow the direction of where the footprints were headed, rambling to the gym leader while he does his thing.

"the logical deduction about the case given just the crime scene is that there's a fight. the location should be a red herring if the champion isn't really there at the time of the crime."

as soon as he sees his mightyena follow his lead, he lifts his head up and lets his eyes wander to the rest of the room.

"you can say these marks, scratches, dents... they're all products of battles. the league cleans those shit though, or at least hoenn's so i guess kalos would too since they're bound to be more decent than this hellhole, so these should be a product of a struggle... or something."

it was clear that kyle was second guessing his musing. he whips his head to the gym leader, asking for clarification before trying to look for it on the folder of files he has on hand.

"does this romano guy have any alibis? or any of the other e-four for that matter? any account on where they were at the time of the crime?"

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 7:22:43 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Selena watched Kyle think out loud and nodded with his every words. She was considering if she overestimated her challenger’s skills to solve a mystery case. Now, the gym leader just had to believe in him.

“That would have worked but, of course, you know the blood here is fake.” The lady offered with a sheepish smile. “But what you said after was true. They did have a fight. A very aggressive match that almost tore the whole place down.”

She walked with the blood trail that Kyle followed which ended at the middle of the chamber. “And Fulgis Pravda was not around because it was not his chamber but—,” her hand directed at the piece of cloth on the floor, “—it was someone else’s.”

Selena would agree with Kyle at the thought that the characters involved might have cleaned the evidence and provided misdirection—a hypothesis she had not considered but willing to explore. But the fact that there was not enough evidence of the possible murder pointing towards Pravda made it hard for her to do so.

“You mean the brother or the sister?” The gym leader clarified. Although she would not blame him for being confused with their androgynous names. “Their alibis weren’t rock solid, but they weren’t suggesting enough, too.”

Selena read again the files of the suspects. “The siblings were reportedly leaving the premises around the time that it happened. Brodeur and Ivanov had their staff cleaning their places after the match.” The documents were piled back to the table. “The crucial evidence of the mightyena footprints cancels these for only one of the elite four trains dark-types.”

She looked again at Kyle. “But the problem now lies upon the fact that the mightyena could possibly be owned by Chipping, since all the Elite Four conveniently corroborated the statement that they fought a mightyena in the challenger’s team.”

Clues Found:

• Mightyena footprints are found in the crime scene which trail ended in the middle of the chamber.
  • Basil Romano is a dark-type trainer. She could possibly own the mightyena with the bloody footprints.
  • Edward possibly owned a mightyena according to the Elite Four’s testimonies

Deduction:

• The crime could be a misdirection. (But if that’s the case, then where’s the true crime scene?)
  • There is a sign of struggle in the room. (But with whom?)

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 12:35:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i meant the basil person, yeah," he clarifies. regardless, selena answers for both of them.

the mightyena being part of the challenger's team was a relevant clue. for the gym leader to mention it right after kyle tries to wrap his head around the dark-type elite four member's team means that there are more for him to consider.

the fact that the challenger also had a mightyena and that it happened in a different chamber than the champions meant that maybe there are more things that were revealed late just to build up tension or something. he was certain he read the documents regarding the crime properly.

those were common for mystery rooms though, he supposed.

"so whose room was it?" he asks. "if the direction of where the bloodied trail comes from outside, then i guess the victim got attacked before they came to the room-- challenger's mightyena dragging his trainer and all. if it's from inside, then maybe the attack came from room's owner?"

he feels like he should be asking more questions since they only come into light once asked. unfortunately, kyle wasn't good at saying the right words.

tl;dr
  • asks questions

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 20:37:25 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

“Based from the tattered clothing in the crime scene and the the photos that were collected from the case, it was Basil’s.” Selena said smiling. The intelligence that is is now more vivid than before. “If the attack was done before he entered the room, then the question will be: why would mightyena do that to its trainer? If it’s the other way around, then we have to consider another mystery: whose mightyena is that?”

Selena stepped closer to see Kyle’s face. She knew the next steps would be integral to his discovery of the answers to the mystery, and whatever expression he may have solving them is a delight she would not want to miss. “The hypothesis remains that Basil possibly owned a mightyena and Edward as well. That’s why it’s crucial to understand whose pokémon produced those footprints. And that’s why you and your pokémon are relevant for this case.”

Clues Found:

• Mightyena footprints are found in the crime scene which trail ended in the middle of the chamber.
  • Basil Romano is a dark-type trainer. She could possibly own the mightyena with the bloody footprints.
  • The crime scene was Basil Romano’s chamber.

Deduction:

• The crime could be a misdirection. (But if that’s the case, then where’s the true crime scene?)
  • If the blood came from the outside, the attack happened before Edward came to the room. (If he owns the mightyena, why did it attack him?)
  • If the blood came from the inside, the attack happened when Edward was already in the room. (Whose mightyena dis the attack and why?)

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 7:34:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the difference between a investigation video game and a mystery room starts to show itself. the further kyle gets into the puzzle, the more anxious he gets.

"you mean recreate the scene?"

it makes everything clearer in a way. a visual helps him internalize the situation with more views that he couldn't have taken in account for with just imagination and theorizing. he brings his mightyena at the start of the trail while kyle himself goes to the elite four spot. "just follow the paw prints," he instructs.

"the strides should tell something whether the poochy's strides are going for an attack or something, i think."

he's just throwing things out for now.

tl;dr
  • gets his mightyena to reenact the scene through the bloodied footprints

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 18:13:43 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

When the words about scene recreation came directly from Kyle’s mouth, Selena sighed a relief knowing the guy was now more aware of his purpose and his asset in this mystery room challenge.

The gym leader’s eyes tailed the path of her challenger’s mightyena. The hound, however, might experience a bit of a problem, for even if the direction was clear, midway the trail of blood was a mess of footprints of unclear intention. A misdirection or a sign of struggle? What did its trainer think?

Selena then asked Kyle. “From your vantage point, there is a wider view of things that could happen in the room. You noticed anything suspicious? If there were bloody paw prints on the floor, then there must be a pool of blood nearby. But there’s nothing, unless...” The journalist’s eyes, like wingull, flew all over and wandered into the chamber’s ceiling.

Clues Found:

• Mightyena footprints are found in the crime scene which trail ended in the middle of the chamber. Midway the trail, the paw print’s direction and intention don’t make sense.
  • The bloody pawprints must come a pool of blood but it is not present in the room.
  • The crime scene was Basil Romano’s chamber.

Deduction:

• If the blood came from the outside, the attack happened before Edward came to the room. (If he owns the mightyena, why did it attack him?)
  • If the blood came from the inside, the attack happened when Edward was already in the room. (Whose mightyena dis the attack and why?)

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 17:55:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it could've either teleported away or..." kyle follows the eyes of the gym leader to the ceiling, "flied away from the scene...?"

he scratches his head as he finds himself questioning himself even as they deduce things closer to the truth. since there were no rubble present that suggested the ceiling getting broken, kyle is lead to believe it's the former.

"i can't recall any dark-types that could teleport though, so i guess that means it's the challenger that got attacked. that should've been obvious though, i suppose." he ponders on it carefully, throwing out the first thing that comes to mind. "i'm guessing that's where the police lost track?"

tl;dr
  • gets his mightyena to reenact the scene through the bloodied footprints

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 8:08:04 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Montserrat:700|Montserrat+Alternates:700|Open+Sans:400,400i,700]

[newclass=.cosmiclove] --clovAccent:#f85888; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBanner img]animation-play-state:running!important;[/newclass]

[attr="class","cosmiclove"]
[attr="class","clovBanner"]

CASE #01

[attr="class","clovBody"]

mystery room challenge

“If we're going on that angle, it could have been a possibility. But what you said is also true.”[break][break]

The closest example would be a malamar, which both dark and psychic type. But even that creature has no capability to use teleport. Obviously, a mightyena can't fly. And it is the only pokemon accounted for by the collated evidence.[break][break]

“What's clear is that it disappeared without a trace. Edward could have vanished in ‘ways’ I don't even want to think about. Unless there are moves or abilities that a mightyena can do to recreate teleportation, I don't think the former will be possible.”[break][break]

Unless there is. Unless there are means to do it. Are pokemons really limited to what moves they possess?[break][break]

[break]
SKILL CHECK: Try to recreate the move TELEPORT using all of your pokemon's moves and/or abilities! Feel free to be creative enough in how you do it!

guidelines

clues & deductions

[break][break]

#01 The crime could be a misdirection. (But if that’s the case, then where’s the true crime scene?)[break]
#02 There is a sign of struggle in the room. (But with whom?)[break]
#03 If the blood came from the outside, the attack happened before Edward came to the room. (If he owns the mightyena, why did it attack him?)[break]
#04 If the blood came from the inside, the attack happened when Edward was already in the room. (Whose mightyena did the attack and why?)[break]
#05 Edward flied/teleported away from the scene. (How could his mightyena done it?)[break]

[break][break]

objectives & instructions

[break][break]

#01 In order to complete the mystery room challenge, you should be able to answer the following questions:
  • Who is the suspect?
  • What happened?
  • When did the crime happen?
  • Where did the crime happen?
  • Why did the crime happen?
  • How did the crime happen?

[break]

#02 OOCly, there is no time limit. But the environment is set ICly in a mystery room challenge and is intended to replicate the pressure of time constraints and the unknown information.[break][break]

#03 Clues are laid out in the post. The challeger is required to act upon the clues (e.g. investigate, analyze, deduct, conclude). Some clues may lead to more clues that will prove crucial in solving the mystery challege. Provide a summary of action at the end of your posts. You may act upon one or more clues.[break][break]

#04 One clue requires a skill check from the player’s company pokémon. This clue holds a necessary information in solving the mystery room challenge. Be sure to find it![break][break]

#05 If there is ambiguity in my posts or there are concerns to be raised, PM me![break][break]

[attr="class","clovCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.cosmiclove] width:525px; background-color:#eee; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; border-radius:5px; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBanner] height:130px; padding:25px; width:100%; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:flex-start; background-color:#aaa; background-color:var(--clovAccent); position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBanner:before] content:''; width:100%; height:100%; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/eq76E9/Transparent_Flowers_1.png); opacity:.15; position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBanner img] width:100px; height:100px; border-radius:100%; position:relative; padding:5px; background-color:#fafafa; border:10px solid #333; animation: clovpulse 4s infinite; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes clovpulse { 0% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); } 25% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 25px rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 25px rgba(0,0,0, 0); } 100% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBanner h1] margin:0px 0px 0px 25px; width:270px; display:block; position:relative; font:700 40px/35px montserrat; color:#eee; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:left; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #333, 1px -1px 0 #333, -1px 1px 0 #333, 1px 1px 0 #333; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBanner div:last-child] background-color:#333; width:50px; height:100%; position:absolute; top:0px; right:0px; display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap; align-items:center; justify-content:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBanner div:last-child a] color:#5a5a5a!important; height:20px; width:20px; font-size:20px; margin:10px 0px; font-family: Linearicons-Free!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBody] padding:25px; width:475px; display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap; text-align:justify; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBody h2] margin:0px 0px -5px 25px; display:block; font:700 25px/25px montserrat alternates; text-transform:lowercase; color:#aaa; color:var(--clovAccent); position:relative; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBody h2 a] font:700 25px/25px montserrat alternates; text-transform:lowercase; color:#aaa; color:var(--clovAccent); position:relative; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBody h3] margin:0px 10px 0px 10px; display:inline-block; position:relative; top:-1px; padding:2px 7px; font:700 7px/11px montserrat; letter-spacing:.5px; text-transform:uppercase; background-color:#aaa; background-color:var(--clovAccent); color:#eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBody div] width:425px; padding:25px; margin:0px 0px 25px 0px; background-color:#fafafa; border-radius:5px; font:400 11px Open Sans; color:#6a6a6a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBody h4] text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBody h5] border:2px solid #eee; padding:7px; border-radius:15px; background-color:#eee; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; display:block; min-height:45px; font:11px/15px open sans; margin-top:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBody h5:before] content: '\ea81'; float: left; width: 45px; height: 37px; overflow: hidden; display: flex; align-items: flex-start; justify-content: center; font: 40px 'Honeybee'; color: var(--clovAccent); margin-right: 10px; margin-top: 5px; border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBody div:last-child] margin-bottom:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBody b] color:var(--clovAccent); font-weight:700; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovBody i] color:#aaa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovCredit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:475px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clovCredit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.lnr]font-family:Linearicons-Free;speak:none;font-style:normal;font-weight:400;font-variant:normal;text-transform:none;line-height:1;-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale; } @font-face {font-family:Linearicons-Free;src:url(https://cdn.linearicons.com/free/1.0.0/Linearicons-Free.eot);src:url(https://cdn.linearicons.com/free/1.0.0/Linearicons-Free.eot?#iefix) format('embedded-opentype'),url(https://cdn.linearicons.com/free/1.0.0/Linearicons-Free.woff2) format('woff2'),url(https://cdn.linearicons.com/free/1.0.0/Linearicons-Free.ttf) format('truetype'),url(https://cdn.linearicons.com/free/1.0.0/Linearicons-Free.woff) format('woff'),url(https://cdn.linearicons.com/free/1.0.0/Linearicons-Free.svg#Linearicons-Free) format('svg');font-weight:400;font-style:normal;[/newclass]

[newclass=.lnr-clock:before]content:"\e864";[/newclass]
[newclass=.lnr-briefcase:before]content:"\e84c";[/newclass]
[newclass=.lnr-heart-pulse:before]content:"\e840";[/newclass]
[newclass=.lnr-license:before]content:"\e822";[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 19:56:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle stares at his mightyena of choice. it's one that's neither trained for actual combat nor utility and was purely for tracking purposes. then again, he supposed having brought any other mightyena wouldn't have changed anything.

"normally, that's kinda impossible. maybe i'm looking at it the wrong way..." he takes a different approach as he stares at his own mightyena for possibilities. "but what if the wounds were cauterized after the victim was attacked there's less mess?"

he snaps, catching his mightyena's attention, and then points his index finger at him before mouthing 'thunder fang'. a burst of sparks come from the mightyena's maw.

"well, fire fang's a better move, but this works too." kyle shrugs. "i think it's a more realistic reason why there's no pool of blood."

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
CASE #1 [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 10:15:38 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

CASE #1

KYLE LOPEZ'S GYM CHALLENGE

Set before WAR OF THE WORLDS

“That could have explained it. But I don't think compelling enough to make a deduction.”

Selena acknowledged at 's new found theory. A mightyena has access to both FIRE and THUNDER FANG which can generate heat in an attempt to seal a wound. It might have explained why the path ended abruptly at the center of the chamber, but it did not bring conclusion as to what actually happened inside. The mystery remains.

MISSED SKILL CHECK OPPORTUNITY!
Hotel did not attempt to recreate the move TELEPORT.

“If we recall all our clues so far: we can at least answer a few questions. There's enough evidence to at least point out to Basil Romano as the primary suspect. The evidence of her missing medallion lace and being a dark-type trainer, and being the one who owns the dark chamber support this. What also supports this theory is that Fulgis Pravda did not actually see Edward, no evidence about him entering the radiant chamber, so the challenger's disappearance happens before he can actually battle the champion. Narrowing it all down all points to her—at least if not as the criminal, then as the one who truly knows what happened.”

Selena walks back to the blood splatters, crouching, then looking back at Kyle.

“Now what remains is her motive and her action. We go back to the question at hand. Is there a way to recreate 'teleportation?' Or at least, make someone disappear without a trace?”

ANOTHER SKILL CHECK OPPORTUNITY! Attempt to recreate the move 'TELEPORT' (or at least any semblance to it using all of your pokemon's moves and/or abilities! It doesn't have to be very successful. Feel free to be creative enough in how you do it!

Otherwise, you lose this skill check opportunity and the chance to obtain a vital clue.

GUIDELINES

CLUES & DEDUCTIONS

DEDUCTIONS:
  • If the blood came from the inside, the attack happened when Edward was already in the room. (Whose mightyena did the attack and why?)
  • Edward flied/teleported away from the scene. (How could his mightyena done it?)
  • The mightyena could have used the move THUNDER FANG. (How could his mightyena done it?)

HERE ARE TIPS IN COMPLETING THIS CHALLENGE!

The challenge is completed when all the following guide questions are answered. (Take note that answered questions are already marked to narrow down remaining objectives.):

• WHO is the suspect?
  • WHAT happened?
  • WHEN did the crime happen?
  • WHERE did the crime happen?
  • WHY did the crime happen?
  • HOW did the crime happen?

Clues are laid out all around the area (BOLDED/UNDERLINED in every post!) and interacting with them prompts an opportunity to DEDUCE or ACQUIRE MORE CLUES. Challengers can check more than one clue at a post.

You should be able to complete the Mystery Room Challenge "within the given time limit." Finishing the challenge despite lacking all necessary clues is possible as long as all the guide questions are answered correctly. Failure to do so will not earn the participant the Mystery Badge.

SHOULD THERE BE QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS THAT ARISE, DO NOT HESITATE TO TELL ME!

GYM CHALLENGE: NON-TRADITIONAL