snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
fences [m]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2020 0:26:19 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
"come on," the woman murmurs, glancing toward the behemoth that trails a little ways behind her. the automaton in question practically chirps at her, high pitched rumbles escaping its crafted body. "there's more gardens ahead." today is meant for relaxing, for tending to berry patches and distracting herself. of course, deus has become her usual companion much to flammae's disdain. there's just something... calming about the stature the discolored golurk possesses. no one would dare harm her with a god at her back right? besides, the way it reacts to the world around it reminds her all too much of herself at a young age. so bright and full of life. look at her now... a shell.

deus tries to take the lead with large legs quickly overtaking her own. ever the eager one, she supposes. even so, she's rolling her eyes almost playfully and scurrying to catch up. "i didn't think you'd be interested in plants, you know," she retorts with a soft giggle. "then again, you're just a big softie so it's to be expected." despite the threatening exterior, the soul beneath the shell is far too kind and curious for its own good. is that how people viewed her? too soft for the world, too naive to see what's really happening around her? she stiffens slightly at the thought and wills it away with a swish of her ponytail. no thoughts, no wondering. just enjoy the sun at your back... if you can.

the automaton comes to a sudden stop at a particular patch of berries and the dark haired woman's attention snaps back to her companion. it releases a noise she's become all too familiar with by now. excitement. and then, it's skipping into the patch and she's quick to follow, a little bit of panic rising. "careful," she tries to warn. "watch out for the berries." the golem is surprisingly gentle in its path, large feet managing to avoid each and every single berry plant. a sigh escapes the woman before she, too, ventures deeper into the patch.

what caught its attention? normally, that sound comes when it happens to see something it likes... ah, that's it. a grass type pokemon sits in the center of the patch, attempting to tend to the berries on its own. where's the trainer this little one belongs to? illeana glances about and when she sees no one else around, her eyes begin to drift back toward the grass type. it's a small creature, this bellsprout. and yet, it seems to be doing just fine on its own. perhaps she could learn a thing or two from the pokemon.

while deus happily begins to assist the bellsprout, the scientist takes the opportunity to sit near them and pull out her notebook. might as well study a bit while she's here, right? and so, she cracks open the pages of the journal to a fresh page and pulls out a pen. soon, messy cursive begins to fill the page and she's too absorbed in scribbling her thoughts onto paper that she doesn't even notice the presence of another until they're already there and already taking full notice of her.
@nova
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fences [m]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2020 2:47:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","yuki-box"]
[attr="class","yuki-large"]

[attr="class","yuki-smallbox"]

[attr="class","yuki-tag"]

[attr="class","yuki-notes"]
notes can go here, keep it short

[attr="class","yuki-iconborder"]
[attr="class","yuki-icon"]

[attr="class","yuki-textbox"]
[attr="class","yuki-text"]

The sun radiantly reflected off of Nova's red locks, almost making them seem as if they were glowing on fire. She was free of any Rocket duties for today, so she had every plan to visit one of her favorite berry groves in Hoenn. It was a nice means of destressing from any sinister missions she had to undergo. Nova simply wasn't the bad-guy type, she only joined the shifty association because she knew it could provide her a reliable source of money. Dirty or not, she needed to find cash one way or another to support herself and her family. [break][break]

Different from her usual dark leggings, Nova had decided on wearing a polka-dotted miniskirt today with a sunhat. The bushel's bright lime leaves grazed against her exposed legs as she calmly trudged the patches. Her Pokemon, especially Dragonite, seemed to really adore Pecha Berries, so she had made sure to make it her top priority on her picking list. [break][break]

A few squeaks came from above. A somewhat eerie looking doll lay atop Nova's head. It was Anto, the redhead's Mimikyu friend. She usually brought Anto along with here when she did berry pick. He was by far the calmest of her other Pokemon. Growlithe and Dragonite were always troublemakers, especially when they were paired together unsupervised. She didn't want either of them accidentally burning down an acre of land that wasn't hers. [break][break]

"O-Oh! Excuse me," As Nova was walking, she encountered the large figure of what looked to be a Golurk. It was a little weird though, tinted a color Nova was unfamiliar with. The young lady smiled up at the gentle giant before weaving her way around it. Anto's head cocked to the side as he looked at the other Pokemon curiously. [break][break]

Just as she moved past the behemoth of a Pokemon, Nova noticed a girl who seemed to be writing notes on a... [break][break]

Crimson eyes wandered forward. It was a Bellsprout. [break][break]

"Wow, you know how to write really quickly," Nova chuckled, admiring the scribbly-looking calligraphy that was the brunette's current handwriting. She meant no real harm in the comment as it was simply an interesting noticing. "Are you taking notes on that Pokemon over there or something?" She asked, turning to Illeana with another smile. Anto hopped from its spot on Nova's head and slowly approached Illeana with the same inquisitive look it had given the Golurk.

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[newclass=.yuki-box] height: 450px; width: 550px; background: #000; border:20px solid; border-radius:10px; border-color:#ffc4c4; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-large]height:450px;width:250px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/wvAcvkd.png');position:absolute;left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-smallbox] height:450px; width:350px; background:#fff; position:absolute; right:0px; border-radius:50px 0px 0px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-iconborder]height:100px;width:100px;background:#ffc4c4;border-radius:100px;position:absolute;right:15px;top:15px;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-icon]height:100px;width:100px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/T3vcDQw.png');border-radius:100px;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-textbox] height:220px; width:250px; background:#fff; border:1px solid #ffc4c4; position:absolute; bottom:40px; right:20px; padding:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text] height:190px; width:230px; position:absolute; top:25px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; overflow:auto; padding:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text b]color:#db0000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-tag] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:150px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:40px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-notes] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:250px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:50px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text::-webkit-scrollbar] width: 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: #ffc4c4; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
fences [m]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2020 1:34:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
she doesn't notice the woman at first, not when she's stumbling upon the automaton in her company or when she's moving to step around it. no, she only notices when the woman is close and she's suddenly acutely aware of the proximity of another human being. it startles her to attention, body stiffening and straightening. that composure she used to have when she was young and unburdened returns, as if her mother is breathing down her neck to put on her best face. it's an uncomfortable feeling, one that sends her skin crawling and scars burning. the fabric of her clothes feels too tight, too suffocating, and she's pulling at the hem of her shirt.

"oh," she breathes, eyes widening in that deer in headlights look she has grown far too accustomed to. it takes a moment before her body begins to calm and her eyes return to their normal size. in that time, her golurk has already begun turning toward the two women with curious eyes and a soft questioning rumble. ever the protector, that one. "thank you," she brushes a stray strand of dark hair behind an ear before settling the pen in the binding of the notebook. "it's a habit. too much to do for my hand to be slow." really, her parents had always drilled the need to be efficient into her skull. no room for error, not when you're a reyes. it's nauseating to think about now.

the woman turns to her and deus takes the opportunity to abandon the bellsprout in its endeavor of tending to the berries. the automaton drifts toward them with careful steps, arms slightly sticking out at its side as if it's walking a tightrope. her eyes follow the movement, straying from the woman's body with a certain fondness she has come to only show towards her pokemon. by the time the behemoth has joined them, the woman is speaking and her eyes dart back toward the redhead with a curious gleam. is she interested in her notes, her work? or is it just idle chat to pass the time? illeana isn't sure and yet, she speaks anyway, hoping for the former. "kind of?" she murmurs. her eyes travel down toward her notes for a moment before rising to the woman once more. "i've had deus for a while but... i'm still trying to figure out why its color is different from other golurk i've seen." is it a mutation? are there others like hers? she has so many questions and yet, she can't seem to provide answers for any of them.

the small pokemon with her approaches and once again, her attention is drawn in. it's cute in a creepy kind of way and the scientist can't help but offer a hand toward it. the features of her face soften and the corners of her lips quirk into an almost smile. it's funny, really, how pokemon can bring out something within her she didn't think existed anymore. that softness she's known for, that softness that has been missing and broken. "your friend is curious, i think," she offers toward the woman. "it's cute. are you two here for the berries?" idle chat seems to be all she's good at anymore because really, she can't question everything around her no matter how much she'd like to. and so, she settles for a casual conversation instead of picking apart the workings of this pokemon and its trainer.
@nova
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fences [m]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2020 18:42:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

As the other lady's eyes met Nova's, the red-haired girl smiled brightly. It was nice to see another person appear so invested into Pokemon. At the mention of her oddly-colored acquaintance, Nova spared the Golurk a glance. "I thought that color seemed a little strange," She said, mostly to herself. At least Nova was assured that she was, in fact, not imagining things. [break][break]

Back to the polite stranger, Nova mentioned, "Your Golurk isn't the only one. I've come across a few Pokemon with odd coloration like that. It seems like a rare trait; I've never really understood just why they look as they do," She chuckled with a shrug of her shoulders. She placed her hands to her sides while she inspected the other with her crimson orbs, paying particular attention to the lady's dark eyes. Just a person's eyes could tell a whole tale, Nova had learned. [break][break]

Anto pressed against the offered hand happily, enjoying the sensation of soft and warm skin against its strange rag. Nova nodded at the other woman's comment, "Anto here loves making friends. It's a shame so many people are afraid of him," She sighed abashedly. "We were here for the berries! After helping sow a few around the plot, I and Anto went ahead to pick a couple," She motioned to the basket of fruits she held in her left hand. "We don't mind sharing if you're interested." [break][break]

"It's great to be out here again. I've been so busy, I've hardly had any time to myself and my Pokemon," Nova gently groaned out, her gaze averting to the clear skies above. Working for Rocket, it wasn't like her situation would change any time soon. Nova needed the money- for herself and her family. But the thought of freedom from the organization was so enticing. She could recall the days she went out for flights with Dragonite, ones that were just for pleasure and not to fulfill menial tasks. Nova smiled and shook her head gently, driving away the thought. [break][break]

"I'm Nova, by the way," She introduced. "It would take a lot of patience to be out here taking notes; I hope you might be able to find some answers to your questions soon," Nova chimed sunnily. "Do you come around here often?"

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[newclass=.yuki-box] height: 450px; width: 550px; background: #000; border:20px solid; border-radius:10px; border-color:#ffc4c4; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-large]height:450px;width:250px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/wvAcvkd.png');position:absolute;left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-smallbox] height:450px; width:350px; background:#fff; position:absolute; right:0px; border-radius:50px 0px 0px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-iconborder]height:100px;width:100px;background:#ffc4c4;border-radius:100px;position:absolute;right:15px;top:15px;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-icon]height:100px;width:100px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/T3vcDQw.png');border-radius:100px;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-textbox] height:220px; width:250px; background:#fff; border:1px solid #ffc4c4; position:absolute; bottom:40px; right:20px; padding:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-text] height:190px; width:230px; position:absolute; top:25px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; overflow:auto; padding:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-tag] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:150px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:40px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuki-notes] font-size:10px; text-align:left; width:250px; border:1px #ffc4c4; border-style:hidden hidden solid hidden; padding:3px; position:relative; top:50px; right:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
fences [m]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2020 1:27:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
this woman's smile has something about it that almost feels infectious. sunshine, bright and warm, soothing. it coerces a small smile of her own onto her lips, hers softer and more withdrawn but kind all the same. somehow this expression leaves a sense of ease within illeana and she's suddenly glad they came. if only due to this woman, to her sunny deposition and welcoming exterior. of course, it helps that she's taken a similar interest in her golurk, in the way the colors are peculiar in a way they don't understand. a kinship begins to take place and the dark haired woman is letting out a hum of acknowledgement, gaze shifting away toward the approaching automaton and the way the sun seems to make its off coloring shimmer. "yes, it's strange but unique. actually, i kind of prefer this color to the brighter ones of other golurks," she pauses before adding, a little quieter, "it seems to fit deus better."

her words reel illeana in, hook line and sinker, and she's finding herself seeking the redhead's eyes with her own as if she'll gauge her interest in the subject better with a study of her gaze. it seems that this woman has a similar notion in mind as the scientist doesn't have to search too long to find what she seeks, what they both seek. "really?" the excitement that bubbles in a single word is almost palpable. "perhaps it's a mutation in the genetic structure of their dna? a gene that only shows itself through a specific combination of sequences," it's half spoken to herself, as if speaking it aloud and breathing the thoughts into the air around them will make them more concrete, more factual. and then, she's raising a hand to brush at her hair again, a subconscious habit she doesn't understand or notice. "i'd love to see more of them, you know? study them and their coloring, see if my hypotheses are correct." she only has a few in her growing family of pokemon, each one unique and special in their own right. deus, cauma, clara. stone, pearl, gold. the colors mesh well together but if only she could crack the code as to why they're colored that way, as to why their genes produced the rarity of their tones.

her mimikyu presses closer into the palm of the woman's hand and she's wiggling her fingers to scratch at the surprisingly soft fabric of its disguise. the pokemon itself is an enigma, hidden away beneath a rag of a pikachu. if she remembers correctly, she's seen an entry in a book stating no one has truly seen what lies beneath the rag... it makes her skin tingle with curiosity. ah, but she's forgetting the remainder of that same entry in her interest: the scientist that peeked beneath the disguise later died, suddenly and of mysterious causes. sometimes it's best to not indulge in her impulses or else she very well may end up with that same fate. "how could anyone be afraid of him?" she questions gently, voice filtering out of her throat in a soft coo. as she continues, her gaze drifts away from the mimikyu to find nova's face. "oh, you have a garden here? that's lovely! these berries always seem so well taken care of." they're given extra love and care to grow, it seems. her cheeks flush slightly as her idle hand rises to wave away the offer, sheepish and suddenly awkward. "i wouldn't want to impose! you worked hard for those berries. it'd be rude of me to take any from you after that." it's also a bit rude to deny such a kind offer, however, and she's torn between accepting and continuing to decline.

deus joins their small group as nova speaks again, settling into the vacant spot beside illeana with a surprisingly gentle thump. ah, is her automaton more interested in their conversation than the bellsprout now? its attention is ever fleeting, it seems. a brief smile is flashed toward her golem before she tunes back in to nova's words. curiosity rises, as it always does, and she's tilting her head slightly, an eyebrow raising just a fraction. "do you have a lot of work or training to do that keeps you so busy?" the question itself is partially due to her not wanting to assume that this woman is a fellow scientist, what with her interest in color variants, even though her mind hopes for the shared occupation anyway. "working hard makes these moments of relaxation so rewarding, doesn't it?"

"nova," she echoes and then, a hand is extended toward her. "it's a pleasure! i'm illeana." there's an embarrassed flush once against dusting itself across the skin of her cheeks as she bobs her head in a nod. "sometimes, i'm not sure if it's patience or too much dedication to finding answers." a soft laugh escapes illie. really, she tends to shove her nose into her notes far too much. this is a usual happening for her and while it's rewarding and satisfying, she never actually stops to smell the roses. "i hope so too," she murmurs. the answers that have been eluding her feel so close at hand yet so far away. it's frustrating and enticing all at once but isn't that the allure of research in the end? "it's actually my second time coming here! i, um, don't usually travel out this way but a change of scenery is always nice. do you come here often yourself?" her mind provides a half answer to her own question and she's glancing out at the plants around them. "you said you helped sow some of these plots, right? do you live around here then?"
@nova
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fences [m]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2020 18:36:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

It appeared as if her friendly approach had made this dark-haired lady open up. Nova was glad to see her now smiling too-- it was adorable! Happiness could be infectious and she loved to spread it where she could. The redhead was especially glad to see Illeana appear excited when she spoke about her craft. Nova adored people who were passionate about what they enjoyed doing. "I think they're stunning colors too," Nova said, complimenting the automaton's dark teal complexion. "I think a mutation might be a possibility! It's a super interesting finding-- it would be fantastic if you could find a definitive explanation." [break][break]

Anto meanwhile was thoroughly enjoying himself. The gentle scratches to his faux ears and dawny rag made him squeak with excitement. Most humans and Pokemon edged away from him. He appeared so happy to see another person who wasn't Nova taking pleasure in his company. The girl chuckled at Illeana's kind decline. "Oh no, we've probably taken more than we need. Though, if you're sure about not wanting any, that's fine too!" Nova cooed, moving the woven basket from side to side playfully, "But if you two change your mind, there's extra berries to go around!" [break][break]

The Mimikyu leans into the dark-haired beauty's hand one last time before slipping away and over to the Golurk that had just taken a spot in the grass. It greets the rocky giant with a friendly cheep, opting to leap onto one of its legs to get a closer look at its face. [break][break]

Nova's elated expression faltered just slightly when the researcher mentioned Nova's business. "Yeah, I've been quite busy with work as of late," She chuckled abashedly. Heinous work, that was, as she had been reluctantly aiding Team Rocket's cause. But those specifics weren't relevant at the moment. She was just glad to be free this afternoon. She nodded along with the other lass in agreement, opting to not expand on the details of her work any further. [break][break]

"It's so great to meet you too, Illeana!" [break][break]

The two lady's soft skin met in a friendly handshake as Nova accepted the greeting. She suddenly found herself blushing too after looking at her timid but companionable expression. This girl was much cuter than she must have realized, Nova thought. "That dedication you have is a gift. Not all people can have that determination; it's a great trait!" She insisted on any doubts Illeana may have had, thrusting a thumbs-up with her free hand. [break][break]

"I come here every so often for relaxation. Picking and sowing berries is kinda... therapeutic, I suppose," Nova chuckled, rubbing the back of her neck. "I actually do live nearby! Kinda, anyway. I live in Verdanturf so this town isn't very far from there. My family has their own little plot of land here where we do picking." She explained. "Nature has always been a thing that called out to me. Nothing makes me happier than being surrounded by plants and Pokemon!" [break][break]

The words danced off her tongue with genuine glee. The forested areas of her hometown had been her playground growing up. [break][break]

Her wandering gaze refocused on her new friend's dark orbs. "This might seem a little sudden," Nova began with a sheepish smile, "But I think the work you're doing is wonderful. I've got a bit of experience with tracking and catching Wild Pokemon. If there's any way I could help with your research, I'd love to pitch in!" [break][break]

[break][break]

Meanwhile, there appeared to be a faint rustle in the berry shrubs. A roaming Zangoose trudged its way through the brush, and it was hungry. Eyes set on the nearby Bellsprout and the berries it had been tending to, the beast began to growl.

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
fences [m]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2020 18:01:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
"right?" she murmurs, the tone sounding almost appreciative that someone agrees with her. there's something about the more muted colors of deus that seem so aesthetically pleasing. perhaps it's the way the darker tones blend into shadows quicker, lending themselves to the darkness it disguises itself within. well, normal golurks do anyway. hers is a bit... odd? it prefers the light to the shadows, the fun to the boring. part of her even wonders if deus evens her out in the end, a system of checks and balances in a way. "hopefully the answers will reveal themselves soon," she offers before flashing a somewhat sheepish smile toward nova. "i've been putting so much time into finding out that i haven't done much of anything else." work, work, work. study, study, study. she doesn't do much else, doesn't even have the energy to. no, she pours herself into cracking the genetic code, figuring out everything she can about what the dna holds. it leaves her lacking in both social skills and an actual life but... she doesn't know any other way, not anymore.

seeing its trainer so content with petting the mimikyu, deus takes it upon itself to join in on the good pets. the automaton scoots closer, slowly at first before practically shoving itself into illeana's lap. she squeaks in surprise, attempting to shift and coil out of the weight it adds to her legs. the golem is unbothered by her movements, however, and simply reaches a large hand toward the mimikyu with a rumbled coo as if to say "hi, notice me friendo!". "hey," she whispers, more to the golurk than their company. "he's not going anywhere. relax, please, dear." she knows as well as anyone that sometimes when things interest you, there's a certain sense of hurry that overtakes your senses. it's the pursuit of knowledge, perhaps, or simply a desire to learn all that you can before the object in question leaves. still... deus isn't fully aware of its large size and tends to fling itself around as if it's a small creature.

shaking her head, illeana returns her attention to nova just as the redhead is swishing her basket of goodies from side to side. a soft chuckle escapes the woman, then, and she's flashing an apologetic smile. "you worked hard for those berries," she says. "it wouldn't be fair to take some from you! besides, deus could eat its weight in those if you let it..." a glance is spared toward the automaton in question, who seems more content with letting out a purr-like rumble than their conversation. "thank you for offering, though. that's very kind of you!" there's always something about kindness that makes her feel so torn. it's a virtue, one she holds dear to her heart, but the world is cruel and it's oh so fleeting now. people take advantage of that kindness, that softness these two women possess, and it's difficult to not allow that fact to snuff out that very trait beneath heavy boots. to be soft is to be strong, no matter how many times the world tells you that it's a weakness not a strength.

while the two women continue to chat among themselves, deus slowly eases away from illeana's lap and back into its spot against the tree trunk. it seems that fortune favors the behemoth because the mimikyu it had been so interested in follows suit. the small disguised creature shuffles closer and leaps onto one of its off colored legs, earning a rumble of excitement almost instantaneously. a new friend always leaves deus excited, completely enamored by the fact that another curious creature finds it just as interesting as it does them. and so, without a moment of hesitation, the golurk is reaching large hands out to stroke at the mimikyu, content and already chalking this day up to the best one yet.

meanwhile, illeana offers an understanding hum in response to nova's comments of work. it strikes a feeling of similarity in her mind, one that is becoming increasingly large as the two get to know each other a little. work is the driving force behind most things, it seems, and it's all too easy to get swept up in the theatrics of it all. focus too much on work and other things fall away, suffering beneath a lack of interest. on the other side of the coin, if work isn't focused on enough, it builds and builds until it's a mountain of menacing deadlines and the weight of that is suffocating in its own right. perhaps that's what prompts her to sigh almost wistfully and glance toward the gardens, toward the berries and the working bellsprout. "how do we balance work and relaxation?" she inquires. "is there any way to even do that? it always feels like a necessary choice between one or the other."

the handshake feels comfortable, pleasant even, despite how quickly it ends. a meeting of two birds of a feather, two like-minded individuals who happened to have a series of coincidences leading them to this moment in time. part of her wonders if there are powers at work she doesn't understand. higher powers guiding them together, fate weaving red strands of string together into one. it's too much to think about, however, and so she lets the thoughts drift away on the breeze as her hand retreats back to her side. another creeping blush only deepens the color of her cheeks and it isn't long before she's awkwardly fumbling with the hem of her shirt. compliments always make her uncomfortable. they don't seem fitting for her, like they're some figment of her imagination to compensate for the lack of kindness she has seen. "thank you," she says because this woman is wonderful enough to spare her some good words and it's too rude to vehemently deny them like she wants to. "i think i get it from my parents?" the sentence tastes bitter on her tongue and she tries to cover the vile sting it leaves with more words. "you're very kind to say that. i really appreciate it!" and then, she's attempting to smile and lift up her own thumbs-up but it's awkward and she's suddenly all too aware that she's not the best in these sort of situations.

nova begins explaining what brings her around these parts and illeana stays quiet, her words mulled over in her mind. there's truth to way she says, to the fact that gardening can be considered a form of therapy for most. it's rewarding, even, and the fruit it bears have a plethora of use. as far as hobbies go, it's a pleasant one for those who possess a green thumb. in fact, it almost reminds her of time spent outside of her small house in lilycove with her own tiny garden. this place is larger, however, and far more impressive than her pitiful garden and she tucks the thought away to respond instead. "it's lovely here," she offers, gaze sweeping away from nova's features to find solace in the flora around them. "it's easy to see why you come here. your family must be quite the gardeners! is it something you guys do for a hobby or is it a line of work in your family?" she can't help but seek more information, ask more questions, gather more data. it's something she can't shake, even outside of the lab. nova's next comment, however, distracts her and she's scrunching her nose in consideration. "that's an impressive trait to have, you know," she says after a moment before flashing a smile. "most seem to prefer the cities these days but it's refreshing to find someone who loves nature and pokemon so much!" and then, she's adding softly, "hold onto that love."

there's a brief interval of silence that falls over them, then, and illeana takes the opportunity to glance at deus. the golurk is still absorbed in the mimikyu, content with lazily petting the small creature while a satisfied rumble vibrates from its body. cuties, she thinks with a smile. and then, nova's speaking and dark eyes snap back to attention, finding her companion's face. there's another beat of time before her eyes widen in surprise. "are -- are you sure?" she manages to get out, the question sounding so incredulous that it causes her to wince slightly. "i'm sorry, it's just -- i wouldn't want to take your time with my research if you're busy!" she's sheepish and her hands don't know what to do with themselves. they sit in her lap, fingers twiddling endlessly. there's another pause before she's putting on a face of appreciation and dipping her head into a bow. "thank you, you don't know how much it means to have someone interested in my work."

the rustling of bushes isn't made aware to illeana or her golurk. both parties are occupied, unaware, and unsuspecting of the danger that lurks just beyond their sights. that doesn't stop the golurk from sensing something but it chalks it up to indigestion and doesn't investigate further. instead, both the woman and her automaton settle into their spots at the roots of the tree, smiles gracing both of their features.
@nova
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fences [m]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2020 20:21:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"It certainly is lovely here..." [break][break]

Nova trailed off, ruby gaze taking in the allure of the nature around them. [break][break]

Today had seemed to be going just so swell for Nova. It was a nice and welcomed change of pace; with all the bad that came for working with Rocket, it was like taking in a fresh breath of air by being reminded that there truly was still good left in this world. The radiance from the sun seemed to shimmer off of the intricate coloring of Deus' rocky skin. The furs on the fabric of Anto's rag gently swayed with the calm wind. Everything was picture perfect. If heaven existed, this experience certainly felt like a slice of it. Nova could only wish more people like Illeana existed on this earth. They'd be able to keep it beautiful- not only for themselves, but for their beloved Pokemon partners. [break][break]

She had to force herself to blink once or twice to regain her focus. Nova chuckled and shook her head, "Ah, it's just a fun hobby. We have friends who are gardeners, so I guess it sort of washed onto us," The young lady giggled. She beamed in agreement. There was something in nature that the vast cities just couldn't provide. Nova had always felt more connected to it. "I'll do all I can to hand on to it," Said the Rocketess, "Thank you."[break][break]

Nova chuckled at the other girl's bewildered expression. She approached Illeana, gently placing her hands on her shoulder in an attempt to ease any doubts she may have been harboring. "Oh, please. If I can make time for berry picking, I can sure as hell squeeze in help for your researching!" She exclaimed with jovial confidence. "I'll do all I can to help you out with this, I promise!" [break][break]

Meanwhile, Anto's ears began to twitch. It turned its head towards where the sound was. Just as the Mimikyu had caught sights of the mongoose-Pokemon, the beast had struck. Zangoose launched at the Bellsprout with a Shadow Claw attack, forcing the two-legged plant backward. Once its foe was spooked, the beast began to greedily pick away at the group of berries belonging to the Bellsprout -- fruit that wasn't it's own. [break][break]

The ghost doll let out many squeaks of warning, slipping off of the Golurk's body to rush to Nova. Thanks to Anto, the redhead turned too to view the disruption. [break][break]

"That isn't very nice!" She exclaimed, her soft expression now turning into a bit of a scowl. Zangoose could have cared less, though, as fruit juices stained the white fur around its mouth. Before long it turned to Nova and Illeana too with the same aggressive expression it had toward the Bellsprout. [break][break]

Nova gritted her teeth. It was going to attack. [break][break]

"Anto, quick, Wood Hammer!" Commanded Nova, quickly shifting gears from casual talking to sudden battling. The Mimikyu launched itself forward, tail armed as it attempted to strike down at the Zangoose. The beast retaliated with another Shadow Claw and sent Anto backward. [break][break]

"Darn it, we've gotta get this Zangoose out of here," Nova grumbled.

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
fences [m]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2020 3:39:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]a hum escapes her, an acknowledging tone that is soon followed by a nod. there's no denying the allure nature has. it's soothing in a way the city isn't and perhaps it's the silence, the calmness of it all. sometimes she can't handle silence and the way it clings to every inch of space but right now, this isn't so bad. part of her knows that's due to nova and her bubbly presence. it's refreshing, really, and illeana would be lying if she said she didn't want to keep the woman around a bit longer.

"really?" she finds herself inquiring. from her perspective, it seems as though nova herself might just have a green thumb. it brings about an idea and before she can stop herself, she's murmuring the thought into the air, a look of consideration flashing across her features. "have you ever thought of turning it into a career?" and then, she's flushing with embarrassment because really, she shouldn't be going around telling people what to do with their futures. "i mean, if you enjoy it enough then why not, right?" an awkward giggle escapes and she's fidgeting with the hem of her shirt, unsure of what to do with her hands. beside her, deus rumbles, completely distracted by the cuteness of her mimikyu.

and then, she's flashing a bright smile and a thumbs up. "you're welcome," she chirps and there's a brightness to her that hasn't been there in a little while. it's almost nice to feel like her old self again, comforting in a way she hasn't fully come to appreciate yet. "you know," comes next and she's glancing out at the berries for a moment, a distracted look in her eyes. "it's nice to meet someone like you. you're kind and adorable!" there's too much truth in her words, too much understanding that the world is a dark place and there's people out there that aren't as welcoming and friendly as the redhead before her. perhaps that's why she's so content right now, so at ease with the way the day is going.

a soft gasp escapes as nova moves closer and her hands land on illeana's shoulders. paired with reassurance, the action is nothing short of uplifting. "thank you," she whispers. the smile on her lips widens and she's practically beaming, a ray of sunshine peeking out from behind clouds. "that would mean the world to me! is there anything specific you'd be more interested in helping out with?" the woman takes a moment to pause, considering on if she should list off exactly what sort of research she has started up until now. ah, but there's too many projects and she can't just talk nova's ear off about all of it right now. and so, with a slight meekness, she's speaking again. "maybe you could come to the lab and see what catches your eye?" if nova agrees, she'll have to take a few days just to tidy up the place but... she's worth it.

the bellsprout is completely caught off guard by its attacker, so much so that it doesn't even fully understand what's happening until it's sprawled out across the ground on its back. and then, there's a sharp cry of both pain and sadness as the offending zangoose helps itself to the berries the grass type had just finished picking. honestly, the audacity of this zangoose! her automaton is quick to climb to its feet after that, following anto's suit. both women are now glancing toward the scene, a look of surprise rising to illeana's face. she decides right then and there that she doesn't like the look in the predator's eyes, that look of pure aggression. it almost sends a shiver down her spine and she's reminded of another pokemon that had that same look. one that brings memories she doesn't want to be reminded of, ones that threaten to pull her into the depths of sorrow all over again. and then, nova's words seem to anchor her in this moment and she's climbing to her feet in response.

"yeah," she murmurs with a glance toward deus. the golurk doesn't need her to remind it that this zangoose is becoming quite the problem. all it takes is a moment of eye contact and the discolored automaton is lunging forward, the beginning of a threatening rumble rising from its body. it had been bad enough that the zangoose knocked over its bellsprout but now anto too? a rumble becomes a guttural snarl as deus charges. and perhaps it's a trick of the eye but the golem's shadow extends and it's sinking lower and lower until the off colored behemoth is disappearing in the blink of an eye. if the zangoose wants to play with shadows, deus can certainly rise to the occasion and it does a moment later. reappearing at the back of their foe, deus strikes with a hammer arm. it's enough to send the zangoose teetering forward, blindsided by the golurk. and then, illeana's glancing toward nova, flashing her a soft smile. "let's get it out of here!" teamwork makes the dream work, right?

[attr="class","illietag"]@nova
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fences [m]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2020 14:52:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

With a shy simper, Nova contemplated on the other lady's words. It would have been a dream job to be able to do something with both nature and Pokemon. Her hands moved upward, fingers gently combing through the red locks of her fiery hair. "It's something I should consider, you're right," Nova muttered aloud. Maybe one day, once she could make enough money to achieve her prior goals, she might be able to break away from the evil cusps of Rocket and pursue her own aspirations. [break][break]

"I'm really good at battling and capturing Pokemon. I don't mind helping you out with the more gritty work. You'd be the brains in it all, anyway," Said Nova, laughing at the way she proposed her own offer. Math or science wasn't necessarily her specialty. It was best to leave that to the experts like Illeana, someone she was beginning to grow quite fond of and trusting in. She beamed at the thought of being able to visit her lab. "Oh, that would be awesome! I'd love to!" [break][break]

Their conversation had been rudely interrupted by the presence of the aggressive Zangoose. Anto had struck but so did the sharp-clawed beast. The strike on the Mimikyu do not sit well with the large Golurk, as it seemed. Within moments the large beast loomed over the Zangoose. The forceful strike took the Zangoose by surprise and it stumbled quite forward, landing on its knees away from the group. On its own, it would have likely been enough to scare it off, but Anto was still out for his own retribution. It used Copycat, mimicking the Deus' attack. The raged Pokemon struck the Zangoose with its tail, sending it flying forward into another patch of grass, far away from the group. [break][break]

Nova chuckled abashedly, "That was a little much, Anto," Her partner didn't seem to agree, though. The small Pokemon puffed its chest out proudly with its head held up high. It wanted to look like a tough little cookie to its new automaton friend. [break][break]

The redhead turned to Illeana, nodding with a smile. "Yeah, we should!" Nova giggled excitedly. She followed after her new friend.

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
fences [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 1:50:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]contemplation morphs her friend's features and illeana quietly watches her, wondering if she can see the gears churning if she were to look close enough. probably not, but it's an intriguing thought all the same. do others think the same of her? do they actually see the thought processes as her mind flips through them like pages in a magazine? hm, perhaps. realistically, she hadn't meant to send nova into such a deep consideration but part of her finds it almost rewarding to utter something that another living being mulls over. she always forgets that words matter, that suggestions can be powerful tools in the end. a small seed of worry plants itself into the muscles of her chest, nestling between the spaces of a bone cage and settling without warning. had she overstepped? her mouth parts to apologize, the words quick on her tongue, and yet they never come. instead, they're erased as quickly as they come once nova murmurs aloud. a gentle flush rises and she's offering a small smile, hesitance showing in hints of fidgets. "well," she begins and it comes out soft as if it doesn't want to leave the safety of her throat. "if you decide that you'd like to do something like that, i'd love to help in any way i can." it isn't much but... something about the redhead almost makes her want to do whatever it takes to ensure that she'll succeed.

it seems nova shares this same feeling, almost exactly as it comes over illeana. perhaps it's the same wavelength connecting two kindred spirits. or, perhaps even a shared love of pokemon and the mysteries of the world around them. whatever it is, the scientist is touched all the same. the familiar sensation of tears prickling at her eyes has her blinking and turning her head away in a swish of dark hair and an embarrassed giggle.

"that would be lovely," she murmurs after a moment, after gathering herself enough to not cry with joy from the thought of someone believing in her research that much to actually help her. nova's willingness lights a fire of determination somewhere within the woman and she's unable to stop speaking now, rambles of excitement dripping from her lips. "i actually am in need of more pokemon to take samples from if you'd like to help with that once you get a feel of what you'd like to focus on! unfortunately, some of the pokemon that my research focuses on aren't in my possession so we'd have to go searching but," a brief pause to catch her breath and then, "it could be an adventure!" oh, she hadn't meant to practically gush over the idea but... it's difficult to stop once she starts. the flush of her cheeks deepens in color, a bit more blood pooling in her skin. "perfect," she chirps and there's an almost bouncy air to her now, an animated sort of display that practically exudes delight from every pore. "i'll set everything up to have you come, then!"

of course, all talk of research and lab visits would have to wait. there's an intruder that needs their immediate attention.

between the combined efforts of anto and deus, the zangoose ends up in a patch of grass a little farther away. it struggles to get up at first, having been hit with not one but two hammer arms in succession. it manages, somehow, with a grunt and narrowed eyes. deus watches the normal type with a newfound curiosity, a large hand stilling in its path to pet the mimikyu atop his little head. was it not finished? did they need to do more? huh, the automaton could have sworn it and its new friend had put a stop to the aggressive strike but perhaps not? the golurk rumbles out a warning, firm and guttural. stay away, it says. this is no place for battles.

and in a surprising turn of events, it seems the automaton's rumble resonates with the zangoose somehow. before illeana's very eyes, the zangoose snarls and scampers away, white fur disappearing from where it had emerged from. a sigh escapes, then, and she's stepping closer to nova with a soft grin. "good job," she praises with a thumbs up. "thanks to you and anto, no more berries were terrorized!" a light giggle escapes before she's shifting her attention toward the bellsprout. her face softens a little at the sight of the grass type slowly gathering what little berries it has left.

"i think," she begins, glancing toward nova. "i'm gonna stay here for a little while longer to help this little guy replace the berries it lost." her feet shuffle forward slightly and while deus lets out a saddened rumble at the thought of leaving its new friend, the automaton follows her lead after a gentle pat on the mimikyu's head. "i'll give you my number so you can call when you'd like to come see the lab, okay?" her notebook is pulled out and pen meets page in a quick scribbling of information. and then, with a quick rip, she's offering the page toward nova with a bright grin. "i hope to see you again soon, nova! it's been a pleasure, thank you," a softer smile replaces the grin and she's glancing at her feet for a moment before finding nova's eyes again. "i had fun today!"

[attr="class","illietag"]@nova
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
fences [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 2:12:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars, 5 infamy, one two week berry redeemable in the site shop!
[break]