Not the first time I've Camped [Mission]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2020 7:01:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Ryland had sat in front of the Campfire, his Incineroar and his Toxtricity sitting side by side, next to him. He was deep in thought thinking of what he should do now. He was out of the Orre Region, but ... that's all he was thinking about at the time when he had took the opportunity to stow away on the boat. From what he had heard, he was in a Region known as Hoenn. It didn't seem all too bad. Then again not that it really mattered to the young boy in the first place. He was used to being in places where there weren't not so very friendly people running around. 

Back in Pyrite Town, surviving was a struggle.  Especially when you have no one to support you, but over time, Ryland had gotten used to being his only company. He didn't even know what to say to his Pokemon really, which was why they were sitting in silence. However, it seemed that the Toxtricity and Incineroar did not mind the silence. They seemed to have a very connection with one another, even though he and his Pokemon did not say much to them. He would take care of them and they would take care of him. His pokemon were the only beings he trusted.  

Ryland had quickly stood up once he had heard a sound from behind him. So did the Toxtricity and Incineroar. They didn't like being snuck up on. I guess growing up in a very dangerous place did that to ya. "Who's there!?" Ryland called out, having a sense of irritation in voice. He knew that this area had other trainers roaming around, also finding places to camp out for the night.

@tree

-Here ya go! uwu hope this is good ^^-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2020 5:56:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","dilyrics2"]I'm sorry Tate is kinda shy... Hope this isn't too tricky to reply to :/
[attr="class","dilyric2"]NOTES
[attr="class","dibody2"]“Shh,” Tate whispered.

Frappé, his Minccino, obediently stopped chattering as he followed his gaze. A Happiny was meandering through the ground cover about twenty-five feet away.

Tate moved slowly through growing twilight, carefully placing each step so as not to be heard. He would’ve just tried to catch it right away if it was in the open, but there was just too much distance and too many places for it to scurry away to if it noticed a pokeball flying towards it.

He avoided rustling in the leaves by sticking to the trail for now. Frappé quietly stayed out of the way as he followed along, nose quivering. The Happiny didn’t seem to notice him yet, but it kept drifting farther away from him as it foraged about. Pretty soon it realized how close it was getting to another camper’s location and started heading deeper into the brush.

Tate sighed. He was going to have to head into the foliage after all. He motioned for Frappé to wait for him.

Fortunately, the ground cover wasn’t too thick, but it still wasn’t easy to avoid brushing up against. The abundance of small sticks, dead leaves, and pine needles on the ground weren’t doing him any favors either. Tate was almost close enough to dare throwing a pokeball, when something crunched too loudly under his feet.

He froze as the Happiny glanced around, hoping that the plants that partially covered its view of him would be enough.

“Who’s there!?”

On cue, the Happiny took off like a shot.

“Ah man…” He knew it’d be a tricky catch, but it was still disappointing to see it go.

“Hey,” he called out with a brief wave as he started climb/stomping back through the bushes. Hopping onto the trail again, he continued, “Sorry, just trying to catch a Happiny. Shoulda said something first.”

He stopped in front of the campsite so that they could clearly see him and that he wasn’t up to anything.

Taking in the redhead and his punk fire types illuminated by the actual fire, he cracked a tiny smile. It was a nice aesthetic. And being a bit of a safety geek, he was pleased and impressed to see the young man and his party looking so intimidating. Anyone looking for trouble would likely look elsewhere. He subconsciously nodded his approval.

Frappé was pawing at him. He scooped the pokemon up to his shoulder where he quickly wrapped himself around him like a scarf.

“Good night.”
[attr="class","ditags2"]@ryland

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.dilyrics2]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dilyric2]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#583a3e;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dibody2 b]color:#8e3843;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2]font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;margin-top:5px;color:#999;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2 a]color:#8e3843;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2020 7:01:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

As the man stepped out of the bushes, Ryland raised an eyebrow slightly, while his face scanning the man. It was apparent he had no intention of harming him or his Pokemon. Jalapeno had let out a low snarl, however Ryland raised a hand, telling the Incineroar to stand down. Ryland did not like being around others all too much, but Ryland wasn't going to have his Pokemon attack someone. The last thing he needed was to get in some serious trouble. When the man said he was trying to catch a Happiny, The teenager kept his expression the same, however he thought, I don't think he's lying. Why would he anyways? He somewhat felt bad that he had ruined his chance of catching the wild Pokemon, but Ryland couldn't help being alert and defensive with his surroundings.

Having grown up in Pyrite Town back in the Orre Region, people who were growing up in that place learned the only thing they could, and that was to stay alive. That was one of the reasons why he had left the Orre Region in the first place. It was practically all desert. He wouldn't admit, but he did miss some things back at home, but he would never openly admit to anyone. "I don't like bein' snuck up on, man. Then again, I guess it wasn't your fault," Ryland shrugged while having a stoic expression on his face. He had then got back to what he was doing, and thinking on what he and his Pokemon should have to eat. He didn't have any ingredients, nor did he have any equipment to cook with. There was also the fact that he didn't even have a penny to his name, as well as being a Region that was completely new to him.

Ryland was in a pickle, trying to find food. Of course, he could ask for help from the man, however Ryland was too stubborn to ask for help. His pokemon on the other hand were a different story. They built their trust with each other since Ryland was a kid, so asking them for help was different than asking a stranger. "Jalapeno, can you go search for some food? Don't go too far though," Ryland asked his Incineroar. Ryland had then spoke to the man once again. "Why are you out tryna catch Pokemon? It's getting pretty late, ya know." He asked, not because he was curious. He had asked him because he still wasn't sure what this guy was actually doing in the bushes. Ryland also had a trust issue thing as well as an attitude.

@tree

-omg no worries! <3 I constantly worry if my replies are good tbh ;-; lol XD-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 1:06:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","dilyrics2"]Sorry for the wait
[attr="class","dilyric2"]NOTES
[attr="class","dibody2"]“That’s good,” Tate replied. “It’s better to be a little gruff with people than to become a victim. Like I said, I should’ve said something before sneaking around in the bushes.”

Having nothing else to say, he turned to head back to his campsite as the young man spoke to his pokemon.

'It seems kinda late to be starting a search for food...' he thought, but wasn't going to pry.

Then he was stopped by a question.

“Ah. Yeah, I saw that Happiny wandering around my tent... and it was just so cute!” He couldn’t help but beam as he remembered it’s adorable little face. He'd always wanted one. They had the cutest little waddle. “It ran off when it saw me looking but of course I had to try to catch it.”

Still stuck on how adorable it was, it took him a second to get off that train of thought. He cleared his throat. “Anyway!” He should probably go before it became even more obvious that he was a total fangirl.

But then…

He sighed. It was probably creepy to offer, but oh well.

“Well, I know it’s bad practice to accept food from strangers, but, if you’d like, you could help me fry up Frappé here,” he gestured to the Minccino on his shoulders, who squeaked in surprise before biting his ear. “Ouch, I’m sorry! I was kidding!” The chinchilla pokemon curled back up around his neck but continued chattering angrily. “Um, but yeah, I have some fish I was about to fry up and wouldn’t mind sharing. No pressure of course.”
[attr="class","ditags2"]@ryland

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.dilyrics2]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dilyric2]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#583a3e;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dibody2 b]color:#8e3843;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2]font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;margin-top:5px;color:#999;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2 a]color:#8e3843;[/newclass]