Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
I can't change! Guess you can blame it on my left-side brain!
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
Bust My Lip [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 3:17:49 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

Let it be known that Rex didn't disobey a direct order, not for Rocket. But let it also be known...being called out like this shot his imagination through the roof, and not in the good way. The only Pokemon that could defend him with Protect, Two, hovered by his side, chirping and looking up at the flying Pokemon. He could laugh, here he was, freaking out over what this could possibly be, and Two was dreaming of hunting down some prey! [break][break]

He thought he was justified in fear, usually if someone higher than you called you out, you were either getting something important or you were in deep shit...he wasn't even sure if he did anything to warrant either! [break][break]

Her chirps suddenly deepened into a hiss as something approached, the aquatic predator stepping ahead of Rex so that he may remain protected. "What's up?" He called from safety, putting on his crawling smile, "Am I gonna be doing anything special, brought my Pokemon...better not be too hard, you know?" What was supposed to happen here? He didn't know, but sincerely hoped he could avoid any pain today.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Rex is Rex

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Bust My Lip [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 16:19:45 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

The first thing that Emma detected was the smell of fear. The man moved with a stiff gait, like his brain wasn't properly operating his legs and he was on auto-pilot. Nothing about him was particularly fluid or relaxed. She could practically see the tautness of his back muscles from where she stood. [break][break]

And his Pokemon weren't particularly perceptive either, given how the Armaldo only reacted once she was within a few feet. [break][break]

"Why are you so afraid? Have you done something wrong?"[break][break]

Her voice is cool as she approaches, her sharp golden eyes studying his face with a seriousness. She looks cold and calculating, waiting for him to slip up. She glances at the man's Armaldo but she doesn't seem to show any sign of unease around the beast. [break][break]

As of yet it appears she has no Pokemon out with her. She stands alone, opposing him, waiting.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
Bust My Lip [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 19:28:41 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Two relaxed as the woman appeared with nothing around her, claws retracting and tilting her head. Just a normal human. What was her master even afraid of? With her looking back at him in confusion, Rex only felt forced to keep his smile on. [break][break]

"Well, gee, now you're just making me feel stupid." He grumbled, leaning conversationally on Two, who tolerated the pressure with a low chattering. "Far as I know, no...but what do I know? I'm not exactly the boss-man." He couldn't hold it, his smile fell right off into a grimace, eyes flickering at the woman before wandering back past her. He didn't like the random call, to be uncertain what was going to happen. Had enough of that before Rocket, thank you very much! [break][break]

"...Don't really wanna rush ya but can I just know what's going on here? Mission? Fight?" An energy bubbled up in his voice when he spoke of a "fight", his smile returning with with a gleeful vengeance.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Bust My Lip [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 19:53:45 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Emma comes to a halt a few feet away from the man, leaning heavily to one side as she continues to observe his mannerisms. He's forcing a smile and it's hiding the unease she can see in the twitch of his fingers. She's surprised he isn't sweating.[break][break]

"Seems like you do a pretty good job all on your own."[break][break]

She's aware he wasn't talking to her but she couldn't help but add fuel to the fire. She was pushing him, trying to see what might start a fire. Everyone had a switch and she was here to find it.[break][break]

He makes it clear that he isn't sure why he's been called out here and she almost laughs. Almost. It seemed to be Rocket's way to keep vague when it wasn't necessary. But she was going to let the tension linger because she wasn't the least bit concerned.[break][break]

And then his smile falters and falls to a grimace and her interest is piqued because she'd been looking for the real thing - the real Rex.[break][break]

"I'm here to see if you're worth keeping. To see if you're up to snuff. Are you?"[break][break]

His expression grows to a genuine grin when he mentions a fight, and Emma's eyes narrow in kind. She had seen the light in his eyes in other grunts before, their passion for fighting. But was he good at it, or was it just another rush for him? Like an addiction.[break][break]

Emma exhales sharply, disappointed. But her attention disappears into the dark as something new approaches. From the bottom of the hill and hidden from sight and smell due to the direction of the wind and the shadow of the sun on the hill - a midnight-form Lycanroc appears. His eyes are sharp and blood-red, his breath haggard as he breathes in the smell of warmth from the two humans standing nearby. [break][break]

"Are you worth my time?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
Bust My Lip [c]
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 1:16:20 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

He growls at the insult, both very expected yet enraging either way, but stays near Two, practically clinging to her. He didn't know people that weren't at least tense when a dangerous Pokemon was near them, unless you had one of your own out. What if she had something tricky, like a Pokemon underground, and he lost Two? She wasn't number one, but she was pretty damn reliable, and he didn't want to risk her. [break][break]

Are you worth my time? Finally, an easy question. [break][break]

"Well, I don't know. If you're talking 'bout those smart guys that dig up fossils or evolve these weird guys, I'm worth less than a freaking Magikarp that won't evolve." He rocked back on his heels, allowing Two freedom which she promptly used to extend her claws, her armor clicking as she stretched out her body, mouth parted intimidatingly. Still, she didn't move. Rex didn't allow her the hunt until he asked or was in trouble, he was angry, but wanted her near...were they in danger? "But if ya want a stealing guy, a fighting guy, clean up...I'm damn good at it. I'd be a pretty big loser if I didn't take pride in the things I'm good at, yeah?" His grimace had evolved into a mean frown, defiant among much fear that built up in his throat, "I guess my words aren't enough though? I get it. I could very well be one of those lying guys."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Bust My Lip [c]
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 3:12:28 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Emma wasn't afraid of dangerous Pokemon because she was the more dangerous individual in almost every scenario. That, and she was confident in the abilities of the Pokemon she had with her. While the rest of the group might not have noticed him, the Lycanroc had already begun to ODER SLEUTH them out, inhaling deeply to get a sense of who was involved and where exactly they were.[break][break]

"So... you aren't one of those smart guys, huh? Then why do you carry them around with you? Do you think you've earned them if you've provided no effort in recovering them?"[break][break]

She's under the impression, especially after he lists his actual strengths, that the man had stolen them. She holds the comment that comes to the surface at his 'more worthless than a Magikarp that won't evolve'. But he just makes it so easy.[break][break]

Rex continues to choke on his fear, forcing himself to be defiant, adamant, angry. She's struck a chord in him, it seems. Interesting.[break][break]

"Show me what you're capable of, then I'll decide if those skills are worth anything coming out of your mouth."[break][break]

Given the fact that he had blatantly brought up the idea of lying, she was convinced he wasn't - but it didn't matter. This was almost like an interview, except Emma could ask any question and test him any way she thought he deserved.[break][break]

"Impress me."[break][break]

And then Hades arrives, officially, his voice a guttural howl as he throws his head back. With fire in his eyes and a hunger in his belly, the werewolf charges the Armaldo, setting up a field of STONE EDGE as he prepared for combat.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
Bust My Lip [c]
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 6:23:58 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"I carry them because they're good at what we do, fighting. Who cares who revived them if they can't use them? Or keep them?" Earned them. What a joke. If they were left out for a punk to find, then they didn't deserve these Pokemon. "They're mine, they're-" Loyal. The word died on his lips. It wasn't true, he didn't think, it couldn't be. A lying guy he was not, at least not with this woman, who he was certain would have some way to insult him more. Rather, he just didn't continue the thought, switching to something he was certain of. "I'm their master, it's only right my Pokemon are mine." [break][break]

"Oh, I'll impress you, you-" His snarl cut off as Two abruptly moved. Already on edge, the insectoid fossil had heard an unknown sound, the whoosh of a projectile, and correctly deduced it was a threat. Shielding Rex with her body, a shimmering Protect covered her body, the rocky projectiles putting a strain on the shield, but ultimately leaving her unharmed. Rex leapt back, allowing his Pokemon room as he cried out, "Two, break it!" Released to battle and claws already out, Two's claws took on a metallic sheen, scraping into each other briefly before she charged as well, trying to plunge her Metal Claws into the wolf's chest as they neared each other. Perhaps she would have found a long-range battle difficult, but an up close and personal tearing at each other, that she could do! [break][break]

Suddenly aware that Two left his side, Rex started shuffling backwards, trying to put distance between himself and his tester. Seemed he was already aware of the concept of himself being in danger, having taken advantage of the human side of the battle before. He hated the feeling of being vulnerable, that he might face pain again if he didn't defend himself personally. "Two, hurry up!" He barked, already wanting one of his reliable Pokemon near him.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Two uses Protect and then Metal Claw!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Bust My Lip [c]
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 15:54:29 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

His answer impresses her, and, while she doesn't openly express that, she does let the topic drop. He was right, after all: if they couldn't use them or keep them, they had no business, well, keeping them. These Pokemon were in much better hands - or at least that was what Emma intended to find out.[break][break]

Emma does, however, raise her eyebrow and wait as his attempt to insult her falls short. She leans in just a little bit, clearly invested in hearing whatever it was he had meant to say.[break][break]

"You... what? I didn't catch that."[break][break]

Contrary to what a more reserved Pokemon might have done, Emma's Lycanroc does not back down from his opponents METAL CLAW. The insect's curved claws slice across his skin, blood smattering the grass. But the werewolf doesn't flinch and doesn't pull away. Instead, he just keeps coming.[break][break]

He executes a TAUNT, ensuring the monster couldn't perform anything but attacks. The dog follows this up with a ROCK SLIDE, using the stones in his dense neck fur to entrap and bury the fossil. It seemed fitting.[break][break]

It is then that Emma realizes the boy is putting distance between him and her. Amused by this, Emma begins to approach.[break][break]

"What are you afraid of, recruit?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
Bust My Lip [c]
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 20:52:28 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Even backing away, Rex couldn't help but to follow up on his insult, she was even asking for it! "You bitch." He barked out a laugh, "You probably heard that plenty though, am I right?" It's like he believes as long as he's talking, he's ok. Gotta hope for something, anybody needs to! [break][break]

Two only had a moment to hiss at the Taunt before a heavy weight falls down on her back. Her rocky armor was capable of warding off most blows, but the hard rock pierces through and cuts into her flesh, forcing a long screech from the beast. Rex bounced closer to the fight with his nervous energy, worridly glancing between his hurt Pokemon and the woman. He could almost ask her to try a Brine, but it was too soon, the wolf needed more wounds for that to do its job. "Crush it, hurt it bad, you hear me!?" He called and, seeing Two's thin pupils staring him down, put on his smile and closed his hand into a fist. Two lunged upwards, eyes wide as she lost a chunk of bloody armor to the ground, and lunged again at the one responsible for her pain. Her first attack didn't take a metallic sheen, instead her claws nearly wrapped around itself, aiming to break through defenses with a Crush Claw before she reared back and slashed with another bout of Metal Claw. [break][break]

He couldn't keep an eye on the fight forever and, keeping his fists closed, spat his answer, "Not afraid, but your guy there attacked without a word." Already breaking most unwritten words about fights, as stupid as those were, "So excuse me for thinking I might get the hell beaten out of me next. I mean, only fair. Two would be pretty mad at me if I didn't get blood on my hands as well." His hands are raised in an amateur stance, but he holds the seriousness of an actual fight. He might not be skilled, but he'd been in quite a few fights, he knew how to hit, how to hurt and how to be hurt. Everyone had to hope for something, and right now he only had hope that this woman wasn't some ultra skilled fighter.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Two uses Crush Claw and then Metal Claw!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
Bust My Lip [c]
POSTED ON May 6, 2020 21:31:24 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

"Insults are what people resort to when they can't come up with something better."[break][break]

Emma shrugs, clearly unphased by being called anything unpleasant. She knew she was just that: a bitch.[break][break]

Hades is driven by his success, his hunger for blood growing more and more fervent. He snarls, leaping forward to meet the Armaldo without fail, without fear. The METAL CLAW and CRUSH CLAW are painful, yes, but it seems as though the Lycanroc doesn't feel it, won't feel it. He's bleeding. Blood smatters the grass and yet he doesn't stop.[break][break]

Another STONE EDGE has been blasted in the middle of their tussle, the werewolf twisting in the insects iron vice of a grip to try to explode in a shrapnel of rock. When he's ultimately dropped, the Pokemon lunges to sink his teeth into anything soft with a CRUNCH.[break][break]

"Oh but... you are afraid. That's why you're keeping your distance, why you keep looking at your Pokemon, why your attention is skittish."[break][break]

He continues to talk, voicing what's on his mind, where his unease stems from. And then he half-crouches, fists raised, as if preparing to defend himself should she advance. The woman raises an eyebrow at his defensive stance. He didn't want to fight, she can see that. But he was putting in the effort anyway, despite seeing how unfair this fight was. [break][break]

It was both courageous and stupid - but he had responded the only way she would have been satisfied with. Cowardice was unacceptable, but it was clear that Rex was no coward despite his fear.[break][break]

Emma raises a hand, then, and Hades skids to a halt. Saliva and blood, both his own and that of the insect, drip from his mouth and drop on the grass below.[break][break]

"I've seen enough. You might be a terrified pansy, but you aren't a coward. I expect to see you grow a backbone in the near future - Rocket has no use for those who can't face their fears head on. I see potential in you, but I'm still unimpressed."[break][break]

She tilts her head, sighing. [break][break]

"You may go, you've passed my test."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
Bust My Lip [c]
POSTED ON May 6, 2020 23:18:21 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Rex could hear the violence just outside his line of sight. Two buckled under another super-effective attack, letting out a sharp breath in pain before screeching as the crunching bite landed true. [break][break]

He wants to spit the venom that gathers in his chest, growing for every word she lays on him. Proving her point, he stays frozen, eyes flashing with a fury he won't actually use, not on something he's convinced could beat him. He doesn't decide to release another Pokemon, or try to either attack or assist. He's stuck, like a coward. [break][break]

He can only remember to even say anything once she's done talking, mouth parted as he tries to summon the audacity he thought he could rely on, and proceeds to crumble, fists pressed painfully onto his own forehead. "I-I...I'm gonna...I'll show you, damn test, not scared, you can't say that." His mumbles aren't convincing even to himself, God, he sounds like a kid! [break][break]

Two shifts, propping herself up painfully, calling his attention back into the present. Her back was ravaged and torn through the armor and, with one last look at Emma, he runs to her. Two is as stoic as ever, shaking her head and letting out breaths as she waits to be returned, she'd like to leave now. Rex hovered over her wounds, the metallic smell turning his stomach. With her armoring, he never actually got to see her injured in such a way, and hastily fishes for her Pokeball. "I'll get ya help." He whispers, for some reason shying away from the idea of anyone hearing such a thing. Perhaps it was the idea of actually wanting to help He didn't want anyone not knowing, or it was the fact he didn't know what the hell he was doing and needed someone to help? Both felt equally miserable as he seethed deeply. [break][break]

He didn't say another word as he released One and leapt upon the stalwart partner, who whisked him away from feeling like a child...at least until the flight was over, and he found the words had set up shop in the recess of his mind. Terrified. Unimpressed.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay