awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
Calming of Corsolas [mission/open]
POSTED ON May 14, 2020 6:36:08 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Selena is familiar with the problem. In the luxurious island of the Desmarais family in Alola, mareanie and toxapex were common sight and were known to be corsolas’ natural predator. These creatures hunt down these coral pokémons which produce the vibrant and shimmering sands of the Alola.

If that’s a boon in the archipelago country, it was a different case for Hoenn, especially in the town of Pacifidlog.

The Lilycove gym leader arrived at the town’s pokémon center with her Molech and Calliope before returning the owl to its ball. As she went inside, she looked for a familiar face who volunteered with Selena to get rid of the Alolan pests.

Stay Afloat mission
@open
close tab

played by

Ven

Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
Hit fast, strike hard, but show mercy when they surrender.
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 20:08:55 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
Okay, so she needed to get out more.

And to actually get something done.

Here’s to hoping I still got it, she thought to herself as she arrived via Air Staraptor at the Pacifidlog Pokémon Center. While the flight was really far, it was also her own fault for not having her Ralts Teleport there—but only because she knew how the Teleport shtick worked, most of the time.

“Alright, rest now,” she remarked as she recalled the Staraptor and entered through the Pokémon Center’s back door, before dropping by the PC and switching out the exhausted Flying-type for something else. A few moments later, she had her usual full team of six, and was now accompanied by a Ralts.

“Memorize this place well, okay?” she remarked at Antoinette, who was perched atop her head. Now, where was the person she was looking for?

Little did she realize that she was going to be teamed up with someone familiar for today.

Pink hair, pink hair… where are they?! She thought, scanning the crowd of people for someone who was pink-haired. That was her companion for today’s mission work.

+
+ notes here

[newclass=".wizzsl b"] color:#ce3dbc;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzsl i"] color:#ce3dbc;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzsl a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON May 24, 2020 15:15:58 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

The name was not curious at first. Anyone could be named Andrea. The mission brief was not very particular with details; it just stated what is needed to be fulfilled. So, imagine Selena’s surprise when the lady turned out to be a ghost from her past.

Andrea Benoit.

The moment she saw Andrew’s face, the pink-haired maiden jumped off the couch and dashed towards the newly-arrived visitor. “Benoit?” There was a hint of excitement in her tone—the otherwise ordinary name now has a face to be identified with.

The gym leader would guess Andrea to be perplexed as well. After years of not seeing each other, what a surprise that they found themselves back in Hoenn?

“I didn’t know you were here. Did you come here with your brother?”

STAY AFLOAT MISSION
close tab

played by

Ven

Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2020 9:05:09 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
She was still looking through the crowd of what appeared to be mostly tourists in the area, wondering if she would be able to find the pink-haired woman who was to be her companion for today’s task.

As it turned out, fate had a strange way of playing tricks on her.

The pinkette that approached her was definitely familiar—if but temporarily forgotten, due to the many years she had spent away from Kalos, gallivanting around and training her ass off in the Alola region!

“Se—whoa, wait a second, how the hell long has it been?!” she exclaimed at the appearance of a familiar face from long ago, back in another region when she thought things were much simpler.

“Actually, he got here before I did. I was in Alola for a good part of seven years,” she explained herself. “What about you? What have you been up to these days?!”

So much for the awkwardness of having to introduce herself to a complete stranger—if it was someone she knew, then she would definitely be fine with this and get along just fine!

+
+ H-HEWWO owo

[newclass=".wizzsl a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 15:58:57 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

The Benoit household had always been controversial among their circles.

Despite being family friends and business partners on occassions, Selena chose not to meddle with their affairs as long as it did not complicate her relationships with the siblings. At least for Andrea, who the Kalosian would admit she was not really close with, the subject about their parents and how their lives went on was something that would not be even considered conversing.

“Yeaaaars!” Selena agreed. Although she lost track of time, however, she knew how long it had been since she met Andrea’s brother. Perhaps, theirs was longer. “Alola is beautiful, indeed. I’m glad your years in the tropics were satisfying.”

She bet her luck to even humor her. “Perhaps, that’s the reason why we’re here in Hoenn too, right?”

When the red-head asked her what she was up to, Selena reached something from her overcoat’s pocket, a heart-shaped token of her authority. “You know your brother’s my hero.” She teased. “If you have time in the future, visit me in Lilycove for a tea... or a battle! But right now, I think it’s better to kick some mareanie butts. Sounds good?”

STAY AFLOAT MISSION
close tab

played by

Ven

Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 12:23:27 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
“Ahh, Mareanie. Brings me back to the beaches…” Andrea mused with a chuckle. “They can get all over the place, though, and it can get kind of annoying as well to handle all of them at once. Don’t even get me started with all those. Fucking. Pyukumuku,” she groaned as her shoulders sagged at the mention.

Once upon a time, back in the Alola region, part of her morning training routine consisted of ‘weight lifting’, which was actually chucking as many Pyukumuku back into the water because the beach she did her morning exercises always seemed to be inundated with the damned things.

“Ooh, what’d Tom do for you?” she inquired, now all curious. Of course, as the older of the two, she had every divine right to poke and snoop around her brother’s happenings! What? Could anyone blame her?

“And here I was thinking you went out into the wild to chase your dreams of becoming a world-class journalist. What happened there, hm?” she teased a few moments later.

As for the Gym Challenge…

“Well, you know me. If there’s like a martial arts-theme to it I’m all over it. Anyway, you ready to shoo those Mareanie away?”

+
+ one eternity later

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2020 6:40:58 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
calming of corsolas

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

selena found everthing about 's rambling funny. but she had to agree: mareanie and pyukumukus are a bit too much when left unattended. and so they had to move now, too.[break][break]

“he did nothing bad.” she chuckled for a moment, realizing how strangely familiar it was to be with the benoit siblings. life seemed simple back then. “and yeah, i'm still on that goal. but i don't think i'm getting any stories here any time sooner. rockets are kind of... sneaky in this region.”[break][break]

she nodded and brought her company in one of the town's diving spot. calliope surrounded her trainer with a pink-colored bubble, covering her head with a ball of air contained by her psychic powers.[break][break]

“last to jump treats us malasadas!” her voice was muffled when she shouted. afterwards, she jumped into the cold pacifidlog waters.[break][break]

ooc: stay afloat mission

[attr="class","runruntag"]#

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box] margin-top:15px;width:60px;height:60px;border:none;box-shadow:none;border-radius:15px; background-color:#e3e3e3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box .vdice-value] padding: 15px 0px 0px 0px; vertical-align:center; font:bold 20px Montserrat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#bf91b5!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 16:15:34 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
At the mention of ‘Rockets’, she chuckled. Mentally, though, she was sweating bullets! She hoped that the other hadn’t dug in too deep about previous Rocket activity in the region.

While she didn’t do anything too much to draw attention to herself during that time, she was more than certain with the way Selena was always so… inquisitive, so to speak, it was only a matter of time before the truth came out. Sure, her brother knew about it—but anyone else finding out?

Andrea hoped that wasn’t going to be the case.

“Did you really have to jump in,” she called after the other, never mind that she was now drenched from the impact of the other woman literally throwing herself into the water. She decided to handle this the… ‘normal’ way, so to speak.

Unballing her Primarina, she then pointed at the pinkette.

“Follow her,” she said as she got on her Primarina’s back, and before long they too, were in the surf, keeping an eye out for savage Mareanie.

+
+ lesgo

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 3:00:06 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

calming of corsolas

“i'm kind of interested with mareanies so i need to see them closer.”[break][break]

selena was keeping her laughter as she followed 's primarina and dived into the water. underneath the wooden planks that floated the pacifidlog houses, corsolas can be found clinging for their life in a way best described as mutualism. beneath them, a swarm of mareanie were trying their best to hunt for their preys.[break][break]

“we just need to contain and send them to the pacifidlog mayor, then the job is done.”[break][break]

selena was not sure if the other heard her, her voice drowning in the bubble created by her gardevoir. she hoped her actions afterward would allow the other woman to follow her.[break][break]

calliope, who was also in a separate bubble, casted another wave of psychic energy towards the incoming mareanie, moving them away from the corsolas with as much power as she can.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box] margin-top:15px;width:60px;height:60px;border:none;box-shadow:none;border-radius:15px; background-color:#e3e3e3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box .vdice-value] padding: 15px 0px 0px 0px; vertical-align:center; font:bold 20px Montserrat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 17:48:07 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
The voice coming from the bubble was somewhat distorted, and it took her a few moments to process what was going on—however seeing the incoming Mareanie made her groan. Hanging on tightly, she pointed at the incoming… band. Rogue.

Whatever a group of them were called at this point.

“Disorient them with a Moonblast for me, will you?” she urged, pointing at the growing horde of Mareanie approaching them; having noticed a distorted bubble of what she guessed was Psychic energy, maybe this blast of lunar energy raining down onto the horde of Mareanie from the surface of the water would be enough to distract them…?

“I hope that distracts them! Can you lift them out of the water? she called out, having to raise her voice in case the water distorted it.

At the same time, she gestured at the Mareanie, before making several hand movements indicating that they were to be lifted up and out of the water and enclosed in a net of some kind.

+
+ lesgo

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 2:31:48 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

calming of corsolas

the moonblast proves not as much useful as the psychic energy of calliope but it is enough to get the horde's attention away from the corsolas sticking beneath pacifidlog.[break][break]

“i think calliope can.”[break][break]

calliope repeats the use of psychic; this time, her powers is focused on lifting the coral eaters out from the water. one by one, the blue creatures of the sea start surfacing from the ocean waters, surrounded by pink veils of energy.[break][break]

“think you can contain them so we can already bring them to the mayor?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES