awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick's exhibits
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2020 17:21:09 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
- the doghouse exhibit featuring azula the massive houndoom, evo the arcanine, lukas the scarred houndoom, azar the short horned houndoom, and ryoko the houndour -

With his collection of creature going more and more and finally being able to buy a place for his creature to roam without worrying about them getting into trouble or stuck in a pokeball 90% of their life, Maverick was quick to add another addition to his group despite him already having so many exhibits filled to the brim. His gaze flickered over the ever expanding exhibits the man has purchased, already seeing that there was a chance he would have to buy more in the future. However, this was not what had the man nervous today. In just a short few minutes, he was going to finally introduce another houndour to his ever going pack.

With a deep breath, his gaze shifted down to the puppy at his feet. A hint of a smile tugged the edges of his lips. “Are you ready Ryoko?” the trainer asked his puppy, “Are you ready to meet your new family?” The little puppy barked, stubby tail wagged with excitement as a howl was heard behind closed doors. The houndour’s ears perked up, gaze shifted to the barrier between him and the howls that erupted behind them. A whimper shortly followed, gaze looked to his new handler with his ears slightly down. “Don’t be nervous,” the man chucked softly, reaching down to pat the pup's head to comfort him, “They'll accept you.” Again, Mav let a fake smile spread across his lips only for a moment before he turned to open the barrier between them and the pack.

And when opened, the pack waited just on the other side. Warm colored orbs flickered over the pokemon before them, seeing that only the actual pack of houndooms and an arcanine appeared before them. A thought crossed his mind, wondering if he should invest in a houndour/houndoom/arcanine exhibit only and put the rest with the others. But his train of thought soon shifted when the puppy entered the exhibit, clearly timid by the present of a pack full of big dogs. “Hello Azula, Evo, Azar, and Lukas,” the man greeted each canine with a nod before motioning to the newest addition, “This is Ryoko. He is part of the pack now. Be nice.” Kneeling down to give the puppy a slight nudge to go say hi, the puppy trotted towards the pack.

Like traditional for canine’s, they sniffed each other. Ryoko was overwhelmed at first, ducking down in submissive defense. If his tail wasn’t so short, it would be tucked under him. But, this didn’t last long when Azula, the massive six foot seven rapidash wearing skull houndoom, nudged the little pup with her nose. Although Maverick was the alpha in theory, Azula was the second in command. She nudged him a few times with her nose before tongue licked the pup’s face. A smirk shown on his expression, knowing that Azula always wanted pups of her own and this could be her adoptive pup. Ryoko rolled over, playfully batting at her muzzle before standing back on his feet. He barked, stubby tail wagged once again. He was accepted. Thank goodness.

With the introduction out of the way, Azula threw her head back and muzzle parted. Lungs expanded only to let loose a howl. And of course, the rest of the pack followed. First was Evo, the arcanine that appeared to be Azula’s mate now. Followed by Lukas, the scarred male houndoom, Azar, the male houndoom with shorter horns, and lastly the newest pack mate Ryoko. Satisfied with this, Maverick turned to leave and let them bond. He will come back later and see how things were going.
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick's exhibits
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 18:46:34 GMT
- the doghouse exhibit featuring azula the massive houndoom, evo the arcanine, lukas the scarred houndoom, azar the short horned houndoom, ryoko the houndour, and tobias the houndoom -

With Ryoko’s successful acceptance into the pack with the rest of them, this paved the way for Maverick to get even more. And believe it or not, Maverick had a new dream. Well… an additional dream he wanted to achieve in this life time. With houndours and houndooms being the pokemon he absolutely adored and admired, the trainer wanted to open up a rescue for them. With the canine creature often times being over bred, being abused, and abandoned through out the world with them being too pious or too unruly for most trainer, he wanted have a place he could save them from their past life and be happy. This came with a lot of responsibly, but Mav knew 100% he could handle it and them. Although he knew he was going to have his hands full with both training to be the next champion and dedicating his life to this new dream, he couldn’t wait to get started.

Warm gaze flickered to the another new yet old addition to the family pack. A smile tugged the edge of his lips, patting the houndoom on the shoulder blade. “Welcome back Tobias,” the man greeted, opening the barrier between him and the habit for his pack, “We missed you.” The houndoom retained stiff, orbs took on the exhibit’s vast open space to run freely. “I found some old friends,” he told the canine as they strolled into the exhibit, the barrier closing behind them, “Not all of them but a few. Got a few new ones too.” The houndoom remained silent, his cool and calm demeanor was what he was famous for. Maverick chuckled, hand raised to pinch the bottom of his lip. Taking a deep breath in, the exhale let out a loud calling whistle that could be heard anywhere within the exhibit. And, didn’t take long for someone or something to respond.

A howl erupted into the air, sending chills down Maverick’s spine every time. A grin some how got even bigger.

The pack assembled within no time. The first on the scene was Azar, the shorter horned male houndoom. “Hey Azar,” the man greeted as the creature strolled right up too him, giving him a nice lick on the face, “How are you?” Azar let out a muffled bark as the trainer whipped his face off, motioning to the old friend. “Remember Tobias?” Azar and Tobias exchanged sniffs before his long arrow tipped tail wagged slightly back and forth. “I know you don’t get a long too well but seeing an old friend is always good.”

While the two got reacquainted with each other, more of the pack come from the exhibit. Ryoko, the houndour, and Lukas, the scarred houndoom, was next to appear. Again, Maverick let the canine’s stiff each other for a moment before feeling the need to say something. “Lukas, it’s your sparing buddy Tobias,” the man commented as they got familiar with each other, “And the pup is a new recruit. His name is Ryoko.” The puppy barked and pawed at Tobias. He lowered his head to let the pup paw at his face, but nothing more. Mav has a feeling this would happen. Still butt hurt about this pass. When will this creature move on?

Lastly, the massive pair of canine’s appeared. Azula and Evo trotted up to Maverick and the rest. Azula’s eyes darted to Tobias, seeing the hesitance in her eyes. But before anything could happen, the trainer spoke up again. “Azula and Evo. This is Tobias. He will be part of the pack. I know Azula remembers him, but Evo is new and Azula’s mate.” Tobias remained emotionless, cold and made no measure to show he was interested in either. He sighed, knowing why this was but tried not to let this effect anything. “Look,” he grunted, stern gaze flickered back and forth between them, “Get alone or… I don’t know but you’ll all be sorry.” Azula huffed and turned to lick her mates muzzle. And of course, Evo love the affection and returned it. Tobias turned his head, trotting off to go explore the exhibit on his own.

“Well then,” the man sighed, hand ran through his dark hair, “that could have gone better.” Ryoko barked, batting at Maverick’s let for attention. This made him chuckle, bending over to pick the puppy up and hold him. “Lukas,” the man mumbled, his gaze fell upon the houndoom, “Can you keep on eye on him? I don’t want him to get all depressed again.” The scarred canine turned, following after the canine. Maverick’s attention shifted to Azar, Azula, and Evo. “Please behave.” Azula only grunted, nipped at the arcanine and darted off in a different direction in hopes to get him to play. And, it worked. The arcanine darted after her. After petting Ryoko for a little bit, the man let the pup down and nodded to them. “Have fun. I’m heading out for a bit.” He waved good bye, opening the barrier and then closing it behind him. Ryoko barked, nipping at Azar’s ankles to get him to fight him.

-- will spell check and stuff later
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick's exhibits
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 2:12:41 GMT
- the moonlight exhibit featuring jovana the stunky -

To be honest, Maverick couldn’t even remember that last time he worked with Jovana. If he had to really think about it, he would say it was about four years ago. She was in a practice battle with a charmader as her opponent. Yeah. She lost. Too eager to fight and didn’t think about her actions. Memorizes slowly started to surface as the man entered the exhibit, warm orbs flickered over the vast landscape shaded by an artificial simulation of the nighttime. Lucky for him, the simulation had a full moon out to provide plenty of light to see.

The search didn’t take long to find her. With her eagerness to chase and corner things, she found something to terrorize. Unfortunately for her, Johar wasn’t the type to mess with. But Maverick was quick to step in, a stern waring gaze fell upon her as he moved between her and the sableye. The sableye taking the opportunity to disappeared from the scene. “If you can’t behave, you will live in your ball Jovana,” the man growled at her, arms crossed over his chest as the little stunky only growled in return, “I mean it.” Jovana hissed, lips peeled back slightly. “Enough,” he growled back, kneeling down to get more to her level as his expression softened, “I can see you haven’t changed one bit.”

Maverick gave a stiff chuckle as he extended his hand out, unsure of whether the creature has fully accepted him back. At first, Jovana moved away. The trainer’s expression fell, seeing he had to start all over gaining her trust. But after a minutes or two, the stunky moved to his hand and let the man pat her head. A grin tugged the edges of his lips. “We will get you some more training in soon,” he offered as she backed away from his hand, satisfied with the pat and that’s it, “Please try and get along with everyone or I will either keep you in your ball or have you in an exhibit by yourself.” The stunky hissed at him, turning and disappeared into the brush done with her trainer for the day and probably going to find someone else to bother. A sigh escaped him, but happy she still had some trust in him. “She needs more work,” he mumbled to himself, turning to leave the exhibit with his mind running though so many thoughts, “But due in time, she will be a great asset.”
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick's exhibits
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 15:14:47 GMT
- the skybox featuring izumi the talonflame -

Despite this creature being one of the first few pokemon the scarred trainer had caught in hoenn upon arrival, this would be the first official met and greet he would have with the pokemon one on one. Yes, he has had the pokemon with him but she has been in her ball ever sense. This was one of reason the man wanted to invest in an exhibit. The exhibits let pokemon he doesn’t use too often to be free from their continent for more than just when needed. And although it costed several pretty pennes, the trainer already felt like it was well worth it in the end.

Warm gaze flickered over the board above the exhibits barrier. In big bold letters, it read Skybox. Probably not a very creative title for the exhibit housing flying creature, but it worked. Taking a deep breath in, the man entered the exhibit as a cool breeze brushed him. Eyes shifted to the tree branches filled with greener of leaves that danced gracefully in the wind. Wide open skies party cloudy as he moved further into the larger containment. In this exhibit, it was filled with trees high enough for birds to rest in but still have an open sky and medium size field for them to fly without hindrance. It was breath taking as a small pound laid in the middle for them to bath and drink from. That was the first place Maverick checked, keeping an eye out in the trees and sky for her.

But upon arrival at the small pound, there was no one in sight. The man frowned. It was a rather big exhibit for three pokemon to be hiding in. It was only when he turned to head in the direction direction when he heard a squawk behind him, followed by a flutter of wings. The trainer turned, gaze fell upon the oddly colored talonflame as she landed gracefully before him. A hint of a grin tugged the edges of his lips as her head titled to one side. “Hello Izumi,” the man greeted as he turned to fully face her, even giving her a slightly bow at the waste, “How do you like your new home?” “Talonflame.” The creature responded, wings opened up in a flap before settling down again. Maverick nodded. “I see,” he replied, approaching her cautiously, “Do you mind if I take a good look at you?” “Talon?”

Maverick moved closer to the bird, knowing she was a very proud and fiery pokemon and will happily set him on fire if he wasn’t careful. He expend his hand to gingerly brush the side of her face. At first, she moved away from his touch and he knew why. It wasn’t because she didn’t like him or didn’t trust him. It was because her feathers were prefect and she didn’t want him to mess them up. Sightly saddened by her retreat, Maverick’s decided to move pass it. Warm colored orbs flickered over her as he moved around him. “You look healthy,” he mumbled as he rounded behind her, circling around before he was in front of her again, “I see you are keeping up on exercise and maintenance of your feathers.” “Talonflame.” “But you have some dirty,” the man frowned, trying to pretend like he spotted an imperfection in an attempt to touch her, “Right there. On your neck. Here, I’ll get it.”

The man reached out to brush the ‘dirty’ off as casually as he could, trying not to give away his lie. And to his surprise, the creature didn’t move away as he extended his hands and ginger brushed some of her beautiful feathers. “There,” he lied, nodding to her, “I think I got it.” The creature chirped, head high with pride. “Make sure you keep up with your training,” the man told the creature as he shoved his hands in his pockets, “You might have a gym battle coming up. I’m kinda waiting on a few things before we challenge them but I think you will be in the line up for battling. We will get you some training sessions in too before we do so.” Izumi squawked, clearly liking the idea of doing some battling. “Good,” the man chuckled, shrugging his shoulders as he felt like today was a good day, “well… I need to get some more stuff done today. Be good. I’ll holler when it’s time.” “Talonflame!” The creature screamed into the air, wings opened as she trusted them down to take off in the matter of seconds and disappearing within the trees. Maverick sighed, feeling as though they needed more time together. A practice battle will help with that. Turning, the trainer left the exhibit to continue his dreams and his hoarding of pokemon.
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick's exhibits
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2020 15:45:51 GMT
- the fire station v2 featuring kuriva the salazzale -

With this new status as a gym leader and the ever growing number of pokemon he has under his possession, it was hard to find the time to interact and bond with all of them as quickly as he use too. But despite this, the trainer would force himself to make time for all of his pokemon. And today, he has decided to make time for a pokemon he hasn’t really probably interact with besides doing missions with. He entered into the exhibit, warm faze flickered to the warm sun the baked down on the area. He could already feel sweat start to form on his brow, not sure how long he could handle the heat despite it being a little chillier outside. Turning to the panel, the man pressed the summoning bottom for his salazzale.

A few minutes pass as he waited patiently for his creature to come to him. The poison and fire type slithered out of the shadows of the trees and emerged out into the open field before the exhibit exit. She crawled up to him on all fours before she stood up on her back to legs. She was shorter than him but still tall when she stood on her hind legs. A faint smile tugged the edges of his lips. “Hello Kuriva,” the man greeted the creature, “How are things here?” The creature remained silent, eyes on her trainer. He sighed mentally, knowing she was a quite creature. “I hope things are to your liking?” The creature continued her silence but dropped down to all fours. The man reached out to touch her, gingerly as a sigh of affection. She twitched, not liking people touching her but gave in when the human reached in closer. His rough masculine hards brushed against her rough but smooth coat on the top her of her. Kuriva let out a hiss, indicating she was done with the touchy touchy. He did what she asked, retracting his hand and shoving it back into his pocket.

“Well…” the man grumbled after a moment os silence between them, “I just wanted to check to make sure everything is okay.” Kuriva nodded in response, finally giving the human what he wanted. With a shrug of his shoulder, he turned and dragged one of his out of his pocket to give her a farewell wave. “See you around I guess.” And with that, the human exited the exhibit and the salazzale scampered away back to her home she made for herself. Finding a rock to lay on to bask in the warm suns rays. Human were weird in thinking they needed to bond with pokemon. They already captured them and make them do things for them. What else could they want from a pokemon?
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick's exhibits
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 16:46:00 GMT
- the hellions featuring kimba the houndoom -
sides note: not the best but might go back and add more later. doctor call got me distracted.

How long as it been sense he last even seen Kimba? Two years maybe more. After the latest disaster the deemed his former home inhabitable, the man lost all his pokemon expect for one. Azula. The monstrous hellhound was the only pokemon he managed to save before things went down and he was forced to leave. The disaster took everything from him. His team, his home, his old gym, his wealth, and his former life. And what bothered him the most, the lost of his beloved starter pokemon Kimba the houndoom. But after years of searching, Maverick finally found her. At the time of found her however, the man was took busy to check on her and let her get use to her new home in the exhibit. With things in order now and the war in hoenn finally calming down, the man was ready to finally be officially reunited with his starter pokemon.

The ebony haired man took in a deep calming breath. It wasn’t that he was scared, just anxious to finally be reunited with his first ever pokemon. He reached for the bottom to open the exhibit, pausing for a moment to gather his thoughts before his finger pressed it. The bottom lite up, a soft buzz rang out as the door opened. His heart raced, unsure if whether Kimba was going to be mad at him or thankful he never gave up on looking for her. The trainer strolled into the exhibit, warm gaze flickered over the large environment specifically designed for his pack of hounds. And when he didn’t see her at first, he frowned. Was she not waiting for his return? Was she mad at him?

A soft whine sounded off behind him. He turned on a dime, gaze flickering to a houndoom who stood behind him. In that moment, it felt as though the earth has stopped. The human’s eyes search her expression, spotting the scar on her rib cage from their battles a long time ago. Both the creature and human stared at each other for the longest time, neither of them moving or making a sound. Was it a silent conversation?

Maverick was the first to break the stillness.

“I’m sorry.”

The female houndoom strolled up the human, her eyes as intense as his.

“I’m sorry it took me so long to find you.”

The canine did not make a sounds or moment. Just stared keeping in her trainer’s eyes.

“I search everywhere. I thought I lost you forever.” This time, the man’s eyes started to water. His vision murky for a moment before a single droplet started to slid down the side of his face. “I was starting to lose hope. I thought that maybe you got killed or someone else had you as theirs.” He paused again, eyes still watery as another droplet of liquid slid down. Mav tried to keep himself together. But how could he? He found his starter pokemon. The creature he started his journey with almost nine years ago. This creature who has saved his life by giving up her own so many times that he has lost count. The very pokemon that would gladly do anything for her human as long as he was safe. And yet, he some how lost her and feared he would never see her again. “Please forgive.”

Finally, the creature reacted.

The houndoom leaped up to hug the human, whimpers erupted from her as she lived the side of his face where salty water slipped from his eyes. Her paws rested on his shoulders as he knelt down and wrapped his arms around her mid section in a return hug. Her cries of sorrow filled his one ear as he closed his eyes and embraced her warn and soft coat. She was just as happy to see him as he was happy to se her. After all, the man raised her sense she was a very young pup. He got her few a weeks after she was born. He was her world and she was his.

The special moment of them just embracing each other last for what seemed like hours but really only thirty minutes. Maverick got himself together, eyes cleared as Kimba was no longer whimpering. They pulled away from each other and let each others gaze. The houndoom sat before him as he stood up. He grinned, reaching out to pat her head. “Nothing will separate us again.” Kimba’s long arrow tipped tail twitched back and forth, a joyous bark came from her as she pushed into his pet. “Never again.”
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick's exhibits
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 15:59:28 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maverick"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

this little story will be about kimba and her newest little pup. work in progress...

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@ exhibit

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".maverick"]--accent:#A93131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights