twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
falling
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 18:51:11 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]"you remember that they're still there with you, alive in your memories, in your stories. they always will be." 

his father's dead. his family's in a different region. and yet alexander has never felt like he was truly alone. he is reminded of harold every day. even something as simple as walking down the street reminds him of a memory, a moment. it hurt at first but he learned to appreciate those constant reminders.

her grip on him tightens and he finds himself holding her tighter as well. what goes unspoken is what stands out the most to him. he kisses the top of her head and holds her closer.

"you won't."

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
falling
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 19:05:19 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]memories can be a double edged sword sometimes. while they can be comforting and warm, they can also be unforgiving and cruel. which ones will she have first? the painful or the blissful? somehow, she has an inkling that in the weeks to come, she'll awake from nightmares of clay pieces chipping apart, screaming back into reality when the chance to rescue slips through her unconscious fingers.

"i don't think i can handle that, yet," she whispers and it's true. while she wants to believe that custos is still here, still held within shadows, it's too fresh. too new for her to consider entertaining.

his grip tightens in response and she's letting out a shaky breath she hadn't known she was holding. lips press into her hair, affectionate and warm. and yet, despite the way he holds her closer, nothing but loving and comforting, she still finds herself giving in to her fear. it latches into her skin, into the way she glances up at him. hundreds of possibilities keep her from accepting that she won't lose the ones she loves, that she won't end up losing him. "you don't know that."

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
falling
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 10:21:29 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]promises are dangerous–more so when the outcome can never be in his control. the most he can do is steer clear of the bad ones, the ones that would make the promise a lie. it will be scary to navigate, potentially minacious at times, but he's confident in himself. some might call it hopeful.

"i will do everything in my power to make sure it doesn't. i promise you that, illeana." 

[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
falling
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 21:46:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]maybe it's the experiences with promises she has beneath her belt that force a slight laugh from her lips. bitter and almost sad, it echoes between them and she's wincing at the implication. but can one really blame her? promises are fickle things, always filled with some sort of heartbreak. they're made to be broken, made to be forgotten. her grip tightens on him until knuckles turn white and numb before unfurling.

"you shouldn't make promises you might not be able to keep," she mutters and as she glances at him, as fright solidifies in her eyes, she's aware of how ridiculous she really sounds. a sigh escapes, eyes fluttering shut. "i'm sorry. i just -- i don't want to lose another." she omits a specific part, one that is still understood regardless of not being breathed between them yet.

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
falling
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 7:24:37 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]the fright that solidifies in her eyes is what keeps him in the moment. it is what makes the direness feel so real. he makes a promise he might not be able to keep and so did she. they both know this. but he keeps it locked away–it is a problem for the future.

"it's okay. i understand." 

taking a moment, alexander decides to share more of himself. it is what makes him vulnerable, but as she has done for him, he will bear himself for her.

"i never want to lose anyone else after my father. it's why i vacated the champion seat in the first place. i had to keep my family safe." 

the next is said in hushed tones. it isn't her he's worried about but rather their surroundings. he can never be too careful.

"they're in sinnoh."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
falling
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 21:49:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]visibly, she relaxes. hands ease up enough for a tight clutch of fabric to become a gentle hold, body melting into their shared contact. he understands, perhaps more than the average person. it always seems to escape her that loss has touched more than just her, has done more than just darkening her world. and when he reminds her of his experiences, she falls into a careful sort of silence as if he'll close back up if she speaks before he's finished.

her eyes drift up to find his and there's mixed feelings lingering in the expression she wears. empathy, sadness, curiosity. he's never fully divulged what happened to his father, not yet. perhaps in time he'll be able to talk about it but she doesn't feel any inclination to pry. his business, his past is his, not hers to pick apart.

and then his voice drops in volume, hushed tones barely escaping the confines of their makeshift bubble. sinnoh. why this region specifically? what's lurking in the shadows of their home that they need to exist another world away to be able to feel safe? her brows furrow at the thoughts and while she doesn't want to pick everything he says apart for clues and evidence, it's that innate curiosity that does her in. "why there?" she murmurs and there's a pause, a hesitation, before her voice continues. it matches his in secrecy, barely rising above a whisper. "why are they unable to be safe here?" as the question leaves her mouth, she realizes too late that she's prying but she has yet to figure out a way to take back words once they leave.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
falling
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 9:38:33 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]it's a good a question as any and it's one that catches him by surprise. still, he manages to answer it without much hesitation; that comes later.

"i have connections in sinnoh–people i can trust. it seemed like the best choice at the time." 

there's a weight in him that makes it suddenly difficult to speak, to find the words to her question. so he struggles in the silence, unable to find solace even with her in his arms. 

"because i have enemies here. the kind that will exploit any weaknesses i have for their gain. perhaps her presence is what makes his dread tangible. "my father was murdered in his own office, illeana. i thought we were safe, that we had more time, but i was wrong."

for once, stability loses itself. his voice lacks it, suddenly overwhelmed by a sense of vulnerability. it continues to escape as a whisper, though not by his own volition.

"so when my mother and sister started receiving death threats i was scared i wouldn't be able to keep them safe either. at least not in hoenn."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
falling
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 17:27:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]connections in sinnoh, people that can be trusted... does he not have the same in hoenn? she stays quiet, tucking the information away in case it comes back again. for now, she doesn't question it, doesn't offer nothing more than her undivided attention. her hold on him tightens slightly in response to what comes next, to the implications it can apply. weaknesses are always inevitable but to have them exploited by an outside force almost seems expected. people that hold power have this way about them that makes them seem invincible... until they're hit where it hurts. and yet, it pains her to know that he is not exception to that rule.

i -- i'm sorry," she stumbles through the apology because emotion and fear root themselves in her. while she expected his father's demise to be something that's painful and upsetting, she didn't expect the actuality of it. the concept that those closest to him will perish is something he's unfortunately already been forced to accept. and again, her grip tightens, her voice dropping to a whisper, soft and reassuring. "there's no real way to know that time is running out," she murmurs. the idea brings little peace, however. "have these enemies been taken care of?" the real question she wants to ask is toed around, touched upon but not in such a way that satisfies her. did they pay? is what wants to fall from her mouth but it's a dark path to go down and she wants to avoid the darkness a little while longer.

death threats. the very thought leaves an odd taste in her mouth, not quite bitter and not nearly sour enough. she realizes the familiarity of the taste anyway as it's something she's come to grow accustomed to. dread, she decides. there's dread and it shouldn't be there. her body presses a little closer for comfort, although whether it's more for him or her or the topic at hand she can't be sure. "it's logical to take them to a place where enemies can't hurt them," she replies. out of reach, out of harm's way. a better solution than the painful alternative. "i hope they're safe now, happy..." she's at a loss for what to fully say now, as if understanding that those she views as strong and sturdy are plagued with the same insecurities she is. somehow, it brings little comfort and more sadness than she imagined. "i'm sorry, alex."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
falling
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 8:46:39 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]i'm sorry. alexander has heard these words so many times that it had started to lose its meaning. the sentiment is never lost, however, and he has always appreciated people for expressing as such. but hearing it from her, from someone he cares so much about, hits in a way he never expected it to. and then she asks a question; this one he expects.

"not yet." 

his words imply a few things. what illeana picks up from that is entirely up to her. alexander brings a hand to wipe stray tears away before exhaling. it feels as though a weight has been lifted off his shoulders; not by much, but it's a start. to her final words, he squeezes her hand and holds her a little closer.

"thank you." 

the silence that falls over them this time is comforting in a way he cannot describe. a few moments pass and he breaks the silence with a soft chuckle birthed from a memory.

"don't panic, but they know about you. they'd said they'd love to meet you some day."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
falling
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 16:07:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]implications lay laced between syllables, waiting until they're picked apart and analyzed. his statement is no different. from the way he offers nothing more than two words to the tone he uses. each implication is noticed, marked, filed for later. and somewhere between noticing and understanding, a thought rises. is it retribution or revenge? the line is thin, barely there differences keeping morals in check. a path that's dark versus a path of moral justice... she knows which she would choose but the same cannot be said for him. and so, she offers nothing more than a hum and the pressing of a cheek against a collarbone. there's no need to press, to question the intentions he has. there's only comfort and being there to relieve the ache in his chest.

"of course," she mumbles, voice half muffled by the skin of his clavicle. and when he draws her closer, when he squeezes her hand, she responds with a feathery kiss to skin before drawing back enough to look at him. a smile rises, soft and a little shaky but genuine. silence falls and settles as she tucks back into him. her head rests a little too easily on him and it could be so easy to fall asleep...

in fact, she almost does. his chuckle draws her out from the alluring beginnings of slumber and she blinks a few times before glancing up at him. the moment his words hit her ears, however, it's like cold water being splashed onto her body. "wait," she squeaks. apparently don't panic means definitely panic to illeana reyes. her eyes are wide as saucers, halfway between surprised and confused. "they do? since when?" silence takes hold of her for a beat, a pause, and then laughter follows. it's a giddy kind of laugh, the one that she can't contain no matter how hard she might try. "i'd love to meet them, too."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
falling
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 17:00:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]panic sets in and he almost laughs at her reaction. he finds it endearing because it means she cares. he lightly kisses the side of her head before answering.

"since the day you visited devon. my mother loved hearing about the research we did that day. i also gave her some of your work to read." 

the pause he allows is more than a little cruel. he lets it drag on for longer than it should and he's left chuckling by the end of it. 

"don't worry, she was more than impressed. she said the league is in good hands." 

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
falling
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 0:43:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the kiss pressed to the side of her head barely succeeds in lulling her into a state of half understanding. her lips quirk up into a smile for a moment before she's letting nerves get the best of her. he's come to know that she's filled to the brim with questions and really, he did just drop a little bit of a bomb on her.

"since then? really? wait," she has to pause to breathe instead of rapidly firing off questions like the speed round in a quiz show. "she knows about that? how much have you been saying?" an eyebrow rises as if she's expecting him to give her a full report. and part of her feels bad for asking so much, for prying into their conversations, but he deserves it.

especially after dropping that last piece of information and then letting it linger in the air instead of

her fingers shift to pinch at his shoulder, lips moving into a pout. "hey, rude! don't laugh!" and yet, she laughs with him, panic easing away at the sound of his chuckle. "i'm glad she was impressed," she sighs, a small fraction of high expectations falling away from her shoulders. while it's not the expectations she wants to exceed, it somehow feels better, as if the approval of a parent is enough even if it's not her own. her face wants to falter but the pout stays rooted in place, even if her lips want to shift into a frown. "i hope so." she doesn't want to say that it's in better hands with others but the thought still crosses her mind. it even lingers, settling right beside the notion that she needs to be stronger in order to make that sentiment correct.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
falling
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 17:32:13 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]how much has he been saying? not that much. he is not the type to share details of his personal life, as evident by his past. but she doesn't have to know that. her pinching him and telling him not to laugh only makes him laugh harder. he has to stop himself from pinching her cheeks.

"yeah, me too. i was quite surprised! you didn't make a good impression after i told her about your love of cakes and how we had it for dinner. she found that quite odd." 

again, the pause he takes is cruel, unforgiving, but he just had to do it to her. another moment passes before he's chuckling again, fully expecting the same pinch on his shoulder or worse.

"i'm kidding. we mostly talk about your research. i like talking to her about it because she was a researcher as well. she worked on evolution theory for most of her life. i just like hearing her opinions on it." 

the next pause he takes is simply one to amplify his next few words. he meets her eyes and his voice is unwavering because he means what he says.

"we both agree that it is in good hands."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
falling
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 1:31:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the pout only deepens with the sound of laughter but it wobbles. it gives away the concept that she's struggling to keep it in place. and perhaps that's why it cracks a moment later, dissolving into a soft smile and an airy giggle. it's difficult to even fake being mad at him sometimes.

it's easy, however, to pinch a little harder with the next comment, the next dramatic pause. really, he's asking for it now.

"hey!" her cheeks are flushed a soft pink by now. "you could have stopped me. instead, you encouraged me so it's your fault we had cake for a week." how could anyone deny her cake for dinner, however, when she reacts to sweets the way a child does a dog. it settles a moment later that he was surprised she made a good impression and the flush deepens, embarrassment shifting further into her skin. "wait, no, that's definitely rude now! you were surprised i made a good impression? i'm offended."

her fingers slowly release his skin, easing away as he offers an explanation. and as if to make up for it, she presses a light kiss to skin.

an evolution researcher... there's a sparkle in her eye that isn't just because of bright ass florescent lights. it's one thing to be one herself but to know of another and to be informed that they think her own work is impressive? there's nothing quite like it and it shows. she leans a little closer, lips widening until an excited grin makes the muscles of her cheeks ache beneath the pressure. "she was a researcher too? focused on evolution, no less?" one minute she's a pouting toddler and the next, a child in a candy store. "what kind of opinions did she have? oooh, i'd love to pick her brain about picking another research topic." the next pause has her quieting, stilling as her head tilts slightly to the side. it's not as drawn out as the others, not nearly as dramatic. and yet, it holds more weight than those before it.

both. it's odd enough for her to recognize that someone actually believes in her but to add another to the list? she's not used to it if she's being honest. how does one even react to such a thing? and could they teach her? "really?" she murmurs and it's a little softer than before, a little more hesitant. the weight of failure creates cracks in the bones of her shoulders with each mistake she's made and yet, they believe anyway. "why?" and maybe she just wants to understand it, to see it from his point of view... but she knows it's because she's prepared to refute all of his claims beneath the pretense that in order to be useful, she has to be strong, capable, everything that's been expected of her since the beginning.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
falling
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 16:09:06 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]the pinch is harder than he expects and he winces at the slight pain that pulses from it. but then she's kissing the spot and he instantly feels better. if only actual first aid worked that way.

illeana's leaning in with curious eyes and he finds all of her demeanor adorable. "i wish i could tell you but she wants to tell them to you herself. the two of you can pick each other's brains for hours, i'm sure." he'd have to take precautions but perhaps a trip to sinnoh will do them both good. he can trust her, he had decided that long ago.

alexander recognizes the pause and the little silences between her questions. he knows her well enough to know her insecurities. he only hopes he can help her with them. "because you have potential," he says bluntly without hesitation. he shifts in bed if only to angle his body towards her. "people will always doubt you, illeana, but just think of how much you've already brought to the table. to be one of the league's head scientists at twenty-two is remarkable and i can only imagine what these next few years hold for you."

a smile reassures his words. "you just have to be smart with your choices. play to your strengths."