2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 21:59:52 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

her gaze flicked off to the side as she appeared to mull over his words, the man rightfully exasperated by her responses thus far as she flitted about in a metaphorical sense.

"i suppose," she said, indecisively.

cait appeared slightly resistant, the distance that had formed between the two allowing her to acquire some semblance of independence. 

"but my feelings are largely irrelevant."

she sought to push past the subject, wanting to veer their conversation back to where it had once been. 

"
you were discussing a formation of a team before i rudely interrupted you, sir?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 22:19:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Tch.

He needs more resistance to warrant breaking her back down. The more he slices into her own ideology, the easier it is to transplant his influence into her core. However, without an invitation, doing so proves counter-intuitive. He'll have to make a hard play at her later to reinforce his efforts.

"Indeed. You're one of the only people I trust. I'd like you to be a part of it."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 0:07:34 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i'd be more than willing to join."

the gym leader absently reached toward one of her curls, her face betraying very little as she tugged at the green locks. 

"
unfortunately i can't. not at the moment, at least."

her expression becomes slightly pinched, as though the admittance was reluctantly given. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 0:17:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Fair."

No. Not fair. Not fair at all. There is no reason for Cait to reject his proposition and the fact that she declines him at a moment's notice is inexcusable.

But that is a story to be told at another time. Fernando bundles his initial reaction with the same stone cold acceptance he does with every other League cohort. A lack of emotion is easier to channel than trying to replace his genuine action with something fake.

"Any reason why, Alfric?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 0:39:40 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"it's not that i can't do it - it's that my schedule wouldn't allow me to."

cait had built herself up to be a politician - a government official and a gym leader. her willingness to take her respective title seriously had caused her work-life balance to be heavily skewed by a sizable margin.

"
i'm working on acquiring my associates degree," she said. "i need to be present in my gym four to five days out of the seven to handle challenges. i've meetings to attend - pokemon to raise - "

she squinted her eyes slightly, her head cocking to the side. 

"
if i said yes, i'd be worn down and barely functional as a team member. unless - "

the young woman straightened in her seat somewhat and gave a little smile. 

"
- unless i acquire your signed permission to surrender my gym leader's seat and return to fortree as a reservist."

her tone was steady as she presented her own caveat.   

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 4:47:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]This again?

How annoying. There's only so much resistance he can put up when it becomes overwhelmingly evident that Cait no longer wishes to carry out her position. Or at least that's how he reads it. In a show of defeat, Fernando sighs, breaking out in a grim smile as he realizes just how little he understand about the same person he held as the standard.

"Let me know which one you prefer—"

It's time to rebuild from the ground up.

"Whatever route you choose, I will stand behind your decision. Whatever I need to do, let me know Alfric."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 4:57:23 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

there were only two things in this world that cait put above both fernando and stormy.

her family and celebi.

"when i enlisted i had assumed that at the war's end i would go back home," she said. "
my family is everything to me; and i want nothing more than to be with them. but at the same time i want to continue working under you."

the young woman sucked in a breath, emboldened by his show of acceptance.

'this is going far better than i expected.'

"
i think this transition would be good for me. and while i'll miss new mauville, i can still continue doing good work for the league in a reserve unit."

she appeared to brighten considerably, pleased beyond measure that he had presented her with the opportunity to put forth such a proposal.   

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 6:14:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Family. What a cliche. He can't fault her for wanting to pursue a basic human attachment but it still doesn't sit well for him. Maybe it's because he doesn't understand the tie, having no attachment to either his blood or those that share his name. There's only two people he holds any semblance of genuine affection for and he's abandoned both, for better or worse.

"Ah. Well, send me whatever you need to get yourself situated and I'll have it handled."

Losing Cait will be a significant blow to their Gym circuit but it's for the greater good. Her own personal health is paramount to her longevity, something he'll have to use to make up for today's loss.

"It has been an honor Alfric. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for you service. They don't make Gym Leaders like you anymore."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 6:34:33 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i'll need a brief window of time to resettle. a month at the most - a fortnight at the least. afterwards i'll be taking on any personal assignments you have for me."

she had a solid idea of where she'd live; a location where she could raise her pokemon and allow their population to more easily swell in number. they'd be allowed to fight - to hunt - to establish territory and more freely select suitable mates and produce offspring. cait had every intention of ensuring they were kept entirely under her jurisdiction; but pokemon with a wild edge proved far more potent in battle. 

"i look forward to being apart of your team, sir.  a change of pace is what i've been looking for. while i enjoyed my work as a gym leader - i genuinely missed being out in the field."

she glowed with excitement at the prospect of reacquiring her former title.

" - i guess i'll go back to being lieutenant alfric."

alfric paused briefly and then decided to make one more request.

"
i'd also like to request a monthly stipend on behalf of my pokemon. i want to ensure they're in proper health, electronically chipped, collared and prepared to go to work at a moment's notice. they'll be entirely at your disposal, of course.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 8:48:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Take as much time as you need. Consider it paid time off."

It's a headache to implement but not impossible. He'll have to catalog her horizontal move in the League's hierarchy but there's not a soul in this building that would dare to press Cait for taking time to set up shop. It's her other request that'll prove more challenging. It's also the one thing he'll have to refuse, if only because he's playing it by the book. Why make an exception now when he's already doing her a favor?

"Our current budget can't allocate a stipend for personal Pokemon. At least not large enough of a stipend to make a difference for someone like you. The best I can do is make a personal donation to you or have you listed under Silph Co.'s payroll. I'm not sure how comfortable you'd be with either but it's the only way you'll receive enough to make a difference."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 15:44:04 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she considered both options for several beats, her painted lips lightly pursed.

"i'll accept the latter option."

it'd offer her a far more reliable source of income, money that she'll desperately need since her paycheck would be halved in the coming months. and while her savings account held a considerable amount, it would run dry in a year's time. 

"
i'll be in the reserves," she said, shrugging lightly. "so i'll need to locate ordinary work regardless. so why not silph co.?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 0:00:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "I'll have it handled."

Like another other bad news, Fernando dashes the topic with a resolute conclusion. As appealing as avoiding his problems would be, there's only so much he can do due to Cait forcing his hand. Internally, it disgusts him.

"Is there anything else you need, Alfric?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 18:25:12 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she forces herself not to smile. 

"nothing else, sir."

the woman felt as though a burden had been abruptly lifted from her narrow shoulders, a potent tidal wave of giddiness threatening to overwhelm her. 

"
thank you.

she gathered her items, standing and offering a polite nod once she had everything properly secured. cait began to move toward the exit, pausing momentarily to glance over her shoulder at fernando. 

"
i know this isn't an ideal arrangement. but i believe it's for the best."

the young woman took her leave without another word, the corners of lips beginning to tug upwards into a grin as she did so. 

[ e n d ]