surprise! [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 19:45:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Riding an aerodactyl into town got her... some stares. Francie didn't mind, though. If only because she was used to them. Lumiose City knew here well as the mother of dinos, what with the majority of her team being dinosaurs that listened well to every word she said. The stares were normal, and ignored.

What had her nervous as she walked into the Silph Co. building, was the idea that she'd get there and Fernando wouldn't be in. He was a buys man, after all. But if she remembered correctly, they were currently slammed with a lot of business and... well, she wanted to stop in and say hello.

She'd gotten so busy that she hadn't had time for email updates. From going back home, helping rebuild, and getting distracted with some of the fossil digs there, the poor girl hadn't had time to barely breathe let alone get into contact with old friends.

This was, rightly, the first re-connection since arriving in Hoenn. With somebody she'd thought about nearly ever day. No matter how hard she tried to do otherwise.

As she approached his office door, having been given the ok to do so from the secretary, Francie nervously knocked on the door before peeking it open.

"...Fernando? I um, I brought doughnuts."

Silly, but, it was the first thing she'd eyed when she landed and wanted some, so she decided to bring them.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:00:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando expects nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing that deviates from his schedule is a visit to Silph Co., something he's long neglected in lieu of his League activities. Lillian may be able to run the company in his stead but there's somethings that just need to special Silph touch. He conducts his business promptly and runs through several documents as he prepares to wrap up his mid-day excursion.

The knock on the door is unexpected and Fernando's about to tell her to come in, but then he hears a voice he doesn't recognize who also has a familiarity they shouldn't have. Like with , Fernando opens the door himself, peeking out from the crevice and staring straight at his mystery visitor.

"Myr— Francie? Come in! Come in."

The door swings open and Fernando ushers her with his outstretched arm.

"Leivern told me you were in Lumiose. I never expected you here."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:07:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Hearing her first name had her shoulders relaxing. Also, the smile. It was an indicator that she wasn't in deep water with him and she was quite thankful of that.

The outstretched arm is almost ignored, save for how Francie almost immediately takes him up in a friendly hug. After all, she's used to hugging pretty much anybody she cares for.

And, she missed him.

"I was! I mean, I was a lot of places. My father had an emergency, at first, and then I ended up sort of trying to get back here, but there were a lot of pit stops along the way. Lumiose City being one of them."

During her explanation, she did create distance between their bodies and held up the doughnuts she'd mentioned previously.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:21:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Is your father okay?"

Fernando's not one to interrupt conversations, unless your name is , but he wants to present the impression that he actually cares. Does he? Hell fucking no, not in the slightest, but there are social expectations and the way he worms into people's hearts is by appealing to the same sense of caring that he tries to dissuade others from showing.

Against his better judgement, he does pick up one of her donuts with the point of two of his fingers. He chooses the least sticky one for obvious reasons, taking a bite immediately and putting on a smile to show that it tastes good. It's only average to himself but you'd never be able to tell with the way he glows.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:28:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"He's alright. My step-mother is too."

Francie is ... unfortunately completely unaware that she's being played like a political game. She'd never been aware. Now, she'd been warned by many since leaving Hoenn that Silph was sly, but she'd never seen how. Fernando had always been very welcoming to her, and kind. And honest! ...poor thing.

"But! That's not why I'm here! They're safe, and my step-siblings are taking care of things. More importantly, I heard there's a lot of crazy happening over here."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:31:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Chew. Chew. Swallows. Fernando simply nods as a confirmation because he still has food in his mouth. Only after it's clear does he dare respond. "A lot, actually. We should catch up. I'll fill you in and we can go over your travels."

He has no doubt she'll accept. The closer he can get to her and longer she exposes herself, the easier it'll be to sink his fangs right into him. It goes without saying, Fernando's also unaware up how enrapt he is with the former Gym Leader.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:42:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"That sounds perfect!"

The day's going better than she thought it would. Why? Because regardless of how much she tells others that everything is going to be okay, and to expect the best, Francie had always grown up preparing herself for the worst... in most situations.

In situations where it called to believe in herself, anyway. Social situations, mostly.

"I can't wait to hear about what's going on around here. I know it's going to be phenomenal, but I doubt it's as insane as most of the rumors claim."

She munches on a doughnut herself, never losing that polite charm about her. Not chewing with her mouth full, small bites, holding eye contact.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 21:04:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Great." Fernando keeps the donut delicately between his fingers while looking at his wrist for the time. "I'll be done within an hour or so. How about after this I pick you up and we go on a walk?"

Fernando is all smiles and courtesy until he can get Francie out of his office and more importantly out of his building. They agree upon a time and in their excitement Fernando gives her his personal number. They make a promise to meet afterwards while giving Francie some time to settle in.

Fernando smiles to himself while making a call to reschedule the later part of the day. Only after he knows Francie is no where in his vicinity does he toss the donut in his trash bin, wiping away the sugar in disgust. He'll have to call someone to clear out his trash later.

———

Fernando is a patient man only because he never gets enough time for himself. Any time spent waiting on someone is time spent in self reflection, thinking out the length of his next objective, and putting all the pieces together.

Neither of them are late, yet, but Fernando makes sure to send Francie a text before heading out. They're to meet in downtown Lilycove, the perfect setting to walk around the city's shopping district and restaurants.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 21:14:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]While she'd told Fernando that she was going to get settled, she'd really rushed to the nearest device store to get herself a decent device. Everything she used was so out of date, it was eighty percent of the reason that she couldn't keep in contact with anybody recently.

Once she got it set up, she was walked through the lengthily process of how to use the phone that she barely remembered fifteen percent of. It was the way the guy had spoken. Three stories later and he got to the point.

"Oh!"

The text had startled her, and caused her to jump on the bench. She'd been in downtown Lilycove already, trying to figure out how to just take a freaking picture, before she got a chime for a text message. Louie, her dusk lycanroc, perked up an ear at the way his owner moved. But otherwise didn't budge.

With determined and knit brows, Francie bit her tongue, barely poking out of her mouth, and managed to send back a text message to Fernando! One that said she was downtown already. She stood then, making her way to the fountain, and snapping a picture. She did manage to put a peace sign emoji on the caption before sending it to Fernando.

"I think I got the hang of this thing." She told Louie, who hadn't budged from the bench, and just yawned at her antics.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 21:20:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The text message is both unexpected and not a surprise. Fernando smile fondly at the picture before saving it, dumping it into his private folder where only he and his Porygon can see. The last thing he wants is to have someone sift through his phone to find such a picture, and his paranoia demands the utmost vigilance. He's been lax about watching over his shoulder but good habits take practice.

The fountain in the backdrop makes it easy to find her. Fernando knows Lilycove like the back of his hand and his approach is both relaxed and low profile. He doesn't so much as wave to her but keeps his smile as a form of acknowledgement. At least until he gets close enough to speak without raising his voice.

"It's been a while, Francie."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 21:24:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Once she'd sent the picture Francie had taken her seat back next to Louie at the bench. By the time Fernando comes into view, Francie had curled up on the dusk lycanroc and watched the people and fountain.

But the second she sees Fernando, she's a bright warm bundle of sunflora like smiles.

"It's really been way too long."

There's a nervous casing to her laugh. It's always there with Fernando, though. At the beginning. She'll ease into the conversation and lose her nerves eventually.

"How about, you start, maybe? I feel like I'll just end up rambling on and on if I get going..."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 21:34:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Hm. Okay."

Fernando considers where to start and quickly realizes he has no idea where to start the exposition. "Where'd we leave off last?" His body language points in the direction he wants to take and he follows the scenic route of all the small businesses. Window shopping isn't a hobby of his, for natural reasons, but being able to browser through every building makes it easy to take his mind off things.

Better to loosen to help the authenticity of his performance.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:31:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Performance? Francie has no idea. She's too caught up in the idea of having to remember when she last left off with Fernando.

"That... shouldn't be so hard to recall."

A laugh later, and Francie was nailing it down in her head.

"The hot springs, aside from a few more professional calls, I do believe was the last time we spoke... which is mildly embarrassing, if I'm being honest."

Because she'd had word vomit at the hot springs and didn't care to remember it.

"Politically standing, I've been keeping up with a bit of the news. Dalia's supposed murder spree, if it can even be called that. Galar's introduction into Hoenn. Not to mention rumors of you having a legendary pokemon at your beck and call, the ultra beasts, wormholes-- and, last I heard, the self proclaimed dragon king was drawn into the hole?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:14:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando remembers the hot springs vaguely. Only shards of the conversation still remain but he knows they're sensitive enough. She had asked him out and Fernando had struggled to refuse, unsure of how to let her down gently.

"Ah. Quite a lot I see. Anything you care to ask about or should we start from the beginning?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 1:20:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"] “Starting at the beginning would be perfectly fine with me. Best, even. Just... I feel like I’m so out of the loop. It’s my own fault, being busy and disconnected.”

Her mind traveled to many excuses but when it all boiled down, what was left was her own negligence and the business of everyday life. There was no real excuse. Life happened, and what one planned likely never came to fruition... at times.

Though if asked curtly, she would say she was weak and had failed.