awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 7:18:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"It's a lot to take in and not all of it important. I'm only in the know because being in the Council requires as such."

For most, none of this news matters. Only the Ultra Beast have a direct impact on everyone in Hoenn. Everything else is just trivial political happenstance that the average civilians cares little about. For instance, "Last summer during the Aqua Fest, some Pokemon from Aloha came to seek out the champions of each house. I had participated, yes, but I never imagined the likes of Tapu Fini would ask me to be it's avatar."

He points toward an Ultraball closest to his right pocket. There's a reason it's most available one to pick out in a high stress situation.

"I still don't understand it entirely but it seems to understand me. We're a lot alike, in some ways. But it acts like more robot than Pokemon."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 12:27:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]So Fernando had himself a Francie situation. While she didn't understand Fernando, she knew he somehow understood her. They weren't a lot alike, but they were in some ways. Also, Fernando acted like a robot more than a person.

Slowly, a fond smile formed. Hearing Fernando speak of it so casually had her happy. She'd always thought he was a little socially... lacking. Politically he was a genius, but seeing him interact with people on a social level was... well it shouldn't have been so funny, but him saying robot made her think of him as one in those situations.

But not with her anymore, and for that, she smiled fondly.

"I think it's amazing! I couldn't imagine running into a legendary pokemon, let alone, being able to like, carry one on your hip."

In a way, Francie treated legendary pokemon like we average muggles might treat a celebrity. Better not to meet them so we don't drool on their shoes.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 7:56:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "It's a bit more different than you'd think."

Their pace starts with a crawl, idle steps pathing against elaborate gravel paths. Lilycove on the weekday has the life of an eccentric working class, boisterous between workers as their backtalk leaks into the streets, but reserved to volume of people out and about. Not many meander during working hours but the pair meet under unusual circumstance, choosing to partake during an usual time.

"It can understand me but I can't treat it like any other Pokemon. It has a will of its own and I end up following it more often than not."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 13:59:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The buzz of people and life around her ... honestly doesn't exist. She's far too busy watching Fernando's profile and trying very hard to concentrate on his words, and not his jawline.

"Wow... that's not your jive at all."

Francie's face contorts immediately as she realizes that might have sounded kinda rude, so she tries to backpedal and explain herself in a jumbled mess.

"Wh-What I mean is! You're a guy of power, and you're used to bossing things around, or having a robot do it for you so-- I mean, it just, it's different for you."

Or something like that. She sighs in defeat, accepting she had dug her own verbal and metaphorical grave and now she had to lie in it.

"It's not too much of a burden on you though, is it?"

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 0:24:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"...?"

In the same vein that Fernando glazes his vernacular with a certain air of nuance, Francie seems to tangle herself between her denotation and the way they're perceived. Fernando simply snickers, used to far worse slander to take offense from such a slight mix up. At worst, she had spoke her mind, unwittingly presenting her candid opinion.

"You think so?" He prods in jest. There's a smidgen of curiosity but not enough to press the issue. What's more important is keeping the conversation inclusive, to dig deeper into her side of the story.

"I'll be fine. It chose me for a reason, whatever it may be. I mean, what would you do in my stead?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 1:39:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Fernando saying that 'he'll be fine' simply said that while it was a burden, he'd bare it, because he wanted to meet his goal in the end.

Better than most knew, Francie now understood that.

"What... would I do? Oh geez, I don't know. I've never thought about it... legendaries are like, you know, celebrities. When does one actually meet a celebrity??"

Unlike most people, Francie wanted to avoid meeting legendaries and celebrities both. Why? Because she'd just fumble her words and be awkward.

"But I think... I think you're right. It chose you for a reason, whatever it is, and I hope that you find out what that is. And I wish you the best!"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 2:36:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]How ironic that the person furthest from him understands him the best. Perhaps that's why Francie fancies him for reasons no one else can comprehend. Not to discount Fernando's man flaws, behind the farce is an undeniable truth that his actions mean well for the region. Their success is his success and vice versa. And there's no one who puts more into triumph than the region's number one sociopath.

"Ha ha. I think you're the only person who's said that so far. Everyone else fantasizes about bonding with a specific Legendary Pokemon."

Fernando eventually stops in front of a local home decor store and peers into the windows, motioning Francie to follow.

"In hindsight that's the right mindset to have. The responsibility that comes with it isn't something to take lightly."

Although he still rejects 's refusal to bond with Tapu Koko, he can at least understand the other's concern.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 15:21:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The decor store has Francie making a face, but she enters. Maybe Fernando needs pillows or something. She's not much focused on that, she's more focused on the conversation at hand.

"Legendary pokemon are so important to the ecosystem, and to the natural order of the world as a whole, if they're what all the legends and myths and stuff say. It's why they're called 'legendary,' because they've been around for so long and because they help mold the world we live in."

Her fingers dance along certain fabrics and other cute little catch phrase decorations. Not that she wants any of them. She's hardly home enough to decorate it. Not to mention, her house is always so dirty, and dusty, because of her preferred choice of pokemon.

"If we were to 'bond' with one, or become somebody a legendary fancied or wanted to use, I feel like it'd be a whole lot of pressure to take, and it'd have to be considered for a while. I don't know if I'd deny a bond, but I don't think I'll be picked."

Her eyes turn to Fernando and she smiles brightly.

"I'm just Francie."

And there, in the truth of it all, is Francie's only flaw. She does not hold herself nearly as tall in the light of others as she should and often questions her self-worth.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 3:35:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]It's tailored for furniture but Fernando's searching for a planter. His preference to stay away from large, crowded stores leads him to venture inside despite the likeliness that he won't find what he's looking for. The fact that he has Francie to keep him company makes the hassle less of a task and even if his endeavor proves unfruitful, it's still quality catch up time.

"Indeed."

His decision ends up picking up a Cacnea pot that he has no doubt will enjoy. Satisfied, he turns to Francie, smitten with a mild smile worn out of courtesy.

"Just Francie? You're tempting them, you know."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 13:37:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Trinkets and doodads don't much hold her interest for long. She's watching Fernando as he browses the shop just seconds after they've entered. The cacnea pot is cute, and she wonders who he's buying it for.

"Tempting them? With just me? N-no, I doubt it."

A laugh later, which is an attempt at trying to get her embarrassment out of her body before it forms a small pink on her cheeks. It doesn't work, she's blushing.

"Who's that for, then? Doesn't seem very 'CEO of Silph' desk worthy...or like something you'd put in your house. If you even have a house," she begins her jest before winking and sticking her tongue out at him, then continues. "Don't you sleep at your computer? Or do you even sleep??"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 18:31:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"I'll hold you to it when you're announced as the next avatar."

Fernando fakes a sympathetic laugh but those words hold more meaning than what's behind the gesture. Francie seems trusting enough and relationship building through small endeavors like these are a means to earn her trust. Like her senior, , should the time come, he'll demand repayment in both action and blood.

And, all the same, Francie's jest stabs him right in the chest. Not because he cares or that he finds it offensive, but because it's undeniably true. "Have you been spying on me, Myrtle?" The drop to deadpan is a part of the delivery, an attempt at humor that plays into feigning ignorance while going about their shopping.

Their stint in the shop is as short lived as his interaction at checkout.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 1:38:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The fact that Fernando had played along with her silly jest has Francie beaming happily at him. He's incredibly good at that dry sort of humor and, seeing him let it loose, has Francie grinning at him like she thinks it's hysterical.

As he pays, Francie simply makes her way out of the main door and waits outside the main door. The idea of being an avatar reminds her why she wanted to speak with Fernando to begin with.

Upon his exit, Francie meets him with a generous smile. She really had missed him and for that, her smile toward him is fond.

"Now, even though I'm glad to see you and we've caught up a bit... I was wondering if that open position in the Petalburg Gym needs filled."

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#DEA02C!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 8:08:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando exits with an uncanny bounce to his step. The way the bag rustles underneath his finger tips throws him off, having long sworn off personal purchase in lieu of online delivery. It feels weird to be so hands on.

"If you're asking for employment you don't have to ask twice." His eyes narrow but his smile looks to dissipate the same bitch face he uses when scrutinizing a rough decision. "Just promise to let me know if you decide to take another leave of absence."

@wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 12:46:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Immediately, Francie's blushing. The fact that she'd left out of the blue, well, it needed explained. Fernando deserved no he didn't but Francie thinks he does an explanation.

"Y-yeah, sorry about that the first time around... I um," with a breath she finds bravery in looking away from him to explain herself. "Back when I first became gym leader, Silas Blackwell came to my house one evening and threatened my family. Said if I didn't leave and go back to Kanto within his time limit, then I'd have the consequences of my family's death."

Her brows furrow. Something close to anger on her features, but it's more hindsight's disappointment.

"I realize now how foolish it was to think that I had power over life and death, or that Silas would even keep to his word in the state he was in... but back then, it felt so real, and protecting my family came first, even over the protection of Hoenn."

She's back to looking him in the eyes, guilt clear in them, or perhaps remorse.

"But, after that, and when I came to visit you in the hot springs, I ended up too scared to confront you about what happened. Rocket was newly disbanded, but that just meant they scattered and tried to flee to other regions, and that enraged me. What if they threatened other families like they had mine? So, I organized the league family protection plan."

She's very proud as she says the name, grinning at Fernando like she'd found a million pokedollars on the ground.

"It's something that protects the league member's families from possible threats like the ones I got, so that they can have a peace of mind while they're not at home!"

@ spiral

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#DEA02C!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 22:57:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Perhaps he hadn't been insistent enough about how little he cared about her fleeing. The explanation that comes after plays into a stark defensiveness that Fernando reconsiders saying anything at all. "I'm not saying you made the wrong call. I sympathize. did the same thing." Supposedly. He doesn't add that last part though. Not when Francie's in the same boat.

"And I'm glad that you found a positive in a time of negativity and violence. I just wish you gave me a head's up." There's no way for his grin to match hers, not without looking both silly and insincere, so he dolls it up with what little he can. The curve of his lips reveal a slim smile ripe for staring straight into her soul. "I was worried about you, you know."