awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
channeling daedalus [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 20:17:17 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Selena was not at all familiar with one Francie Myrtle but she was thankful she decided to put up a gym in this suburban city of Petalburg, away from the usual busy metropolitan life of her own city, Lilycove.

She was scared of bringing her gengar in the middle of broad daylight, a pokémon she tamed through series of training but missed when she brought all her team back to their mansion in Kalos. But Pluto, who experienced Hoenn for the first time ever, insisted that he should be taken for her gym challenge.

Striding forward the front door of the institution, the pink-haired lady, followed by the ghost-type, inquired on the counter of the challenge she was taking. “Excuse me? I’m Selena Desmarais. I’m here to take the challenge.”

PLUTO (GENGAR) is idle.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 13:20:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Hello there! I'm Francie! Welcome to Petalburg Gym!"

Francie gave an excited greeting to her challenger, making her way toward her with a grin before waving toward a large stone wall that began separating down the middle. It revealed three possible pathways, separated by tall solid rock walls that stretched up to the ceiling.

"Sorry, um, I get excited when I meet other gym leaders, don't mind all that, but um. Anyway! Choose which path you'll begin with! I'm obligated to remind you that I will have to accompany you through the whole challenge and I'll have to cross the finish line with you."

She motioned toward the white line that stood before the three pathways.

"Once you cross over, the journey has started! There's a time limit, but, I'm sure you'll make it in time so, no worries!"

Francie moved to where she could walk behind the girl, letting her take her first step whenever she wanted in whichever direction she pleased.

"So, are you ready?"

- roll total 0/200
you may now begin rolling!

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 19:16:26 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

There was that certain delight Selena could understand from Francie’s reaction. Afterall, the joy of another gym leader visiting your area of responsibility was a pride of some sort, a recognition of authority one was trusted upon. “Hello.” Selena responded politely, for despite the lack of words, she replaced with a cheerful smile.

“I’ll choose the leftmost path.” This challenge was certainly very intriguing yet very exciting. She could use this inspiration to further boost the excitement of her gym matches as well. The challenger, not really feeling the nervousness from the challenge, decided to put her foot forward from the white line and continued her stride. The gengar beside was watching Francie with ill intentions of not letting her fall out of its sight with SHADOW TAG.

“I’m sorry, Pluto is really just like that. Don’t mind him. Anyway, I haven’t seen you around so I guess it’s my first time hearing from you. Where are you from?”

VRLNuU_4
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 1:27:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie thinks back to her little challenge with . It wasn't as if trainers asked her such information while they were taking the challenge, typically too nervous to do so. As they walk through the leftmost path, Francie's thankful for the conversation.

Unlike her challenge march with , which was super silent, though enjoyed.

"I'm from Kanto, um, originally. I've really traveled all over, settled in Hoenn for a while, flip-flop applesauced a few times too many, but I'm here now! Really, I have and to thank for working me back into Petalburg Gym."

And on she goes, rattling and prattling like it might not be annoying to whoever was listening. Clearly she doesn't mind the Gengar's closeness, or the fact that she can feel the effects of that shadow tag pulling at her. Not as much as it would another pokemon, of course, but it's a clever tactic and Francie doesn't mind the innovation!

"Bu-But enough about me! What about you? Are you from Hoenn? I'm afraid I don't keep up with the news and social media like I should so if you're like, famous and I don't realize it, um, sorry, it's not you, I'm just a hermit when it comes to technology."

- roll total 76/200

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 11:19:20 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Hearing ’s name made a sharp pang inside Selena’s chest, a burst of memory from an incident she has yet to resolve in her own terms. Fernando’s voice, the dying screams, the burning rooms, the explosion, the tree... the death of her own pokémon. She was glad she has not received any subpoena for that secret investigation with . Perhaps, maybe, they were not recognized at all. But who knows?

She was just glad Francie decides to veer away from the direction of the conversation.

“I’m from Kalos.” Selena began. “I’m actually a traveler myself. I can’t say though if I choose Hoenn as my permanent settlement, but as far as things go, I’m here.”

The Kalosian relished with the fact that perhaps her past choices were the correct ones, seeing how her stride with the gym leader was going so smoothly.

“I think news should be your breakfast, lunch, and dinner—and it’s not just because I’m a journalist, that’s why I’m telling you that.” Selena humored. The gengar was still keeping a close eye at Francie but seeing how she was of no threat to his owner, the ghost-type dropped the glare. “Running a gym may not be as serious as what our councilors do, but I believe the responsibility we have of developing the future trainers of this region affects how Hoenn will fare for the days to come.”

Steppint into another fork in the labyrinth, the pink-haired lad decided to take now the rightmost path. “I’m sorry if things just got so serious. You say you were a traveler? Have you been in Alola?”

ZMB8A9ds
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 14:28:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Although things had definitely gotten serious, Francie didn't mind. Mostly because she takes even the most serious of conversation with a grain of salt and a smile. From strangers, anyway. Around friends, she sometimes lets her smile fall.

But she's also on the job, and she's sure to keep her confidence shining bright. Mostly, it's due to the pride Francie has in her gym, and in the very same believe that Selena shares.

"The trainers we shape are the future. It's silly, because you see them at twelve going off on a journey, and you want to warn them about so much and teach them about so much but... what can you really do in the end, right? They're twelve, and they know how to conquered the world, they're gonna be champion a week after starting-- at least, that's what they think, you know?"

As they take the fork, Francie moves so that she's a bit in front of Selena, and the floor begins to descend. As it does, the ceiling closes over top of them and they're left in the pitch black darkness of an underground tunnel.

"In other news," a pun Francie thinks is hilarious enough to have laughed through delivery. "Welcome to part two of the maze! You'll have to navigate in total darkness, unless your pokemon can illuminate your path for you. I will allow the use of another device or item on your person, but only one and only if your pokemon has no way of illuminating the path for you."

Because, lawsuits...

- roll total 142

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 18:49:40 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

“I think optimism is their greatest asset.” Francie was already engaged to the topic she attempted to drop and Selena cannot help but be glad to where their conversation was going. “It’s still important for them to experience successes and failures in their own merits. I mean, we can only teach so much that’s important that whatever wisdom we impart to them influences the principles that guide them with their every action.”

The Kalosian would continue further but Francie already stopped her further into the pitch dark tunnels of her maze. How big this gym is the question of centuries for the pink-haired lady. “Don’t worry, I got this.”

She retrieved the pokénav from her pocket as she produced the light from the tiny device. “Shall we proceed?”

49n9Ti0H
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 14:35:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]As the light illuminates the tunnels, Francie smiles. There's something about a dark tunnel. It's like climbing Mt. Chimney, or Pyre. Something about those places and this dark earth... just made the girl feel comfortable, at home.

"I agree. It's life that shapes somebody. Decisions that are made, people that they associate with. There are so many different things to factor in, and as a gym leader, I think our most important job is to ascertain the challengers we have and to help them along their way. Not to knock them down a few pegs."

Her beliefs are clear, as clear as the mazes twists and turns as they bend down the tunnels. It was only once they turned down a certain pathway that they could see the light. A light shining from a turn up ahead. Once down the turn, they'd find a grouping of ropes twisted and turned, crossed and hanging, creating an obstacle in their pathway. It wasn't a hard obstacle, but, it would be a lot of fun to pass through.

But on the other side of that rope obstacle was an incline leading up into the Petalburg Gym's battle arena, the finish line.

- roll total 144/200

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 14:54:43 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

The feeling was eeriely familiar to Selena. The fact that Francie almost took the words from is mouth made her heart flutter. There is something charming with how the gym leader perceives the world and how it collides with hers.

The dark tunnels did not feel cold and lonesome at all.

“I just want to say how I glad I am I offered a visit.” She admitted, lips curved with a tone of confidence that the lady would not see her blush. But it was only for a moment, not until she downed with the path leading her to an obstacle where the finish line was already visible. “So this seems like the final... straw.”

She just hoped the joke was funny enough to impress Francie even if she lose with the time limit. Selena began scrambling her way forward into the rope jungle, carefully easing her way in and not be caught in loops and hooks. There was a struggle: ropes could suffocate and kill her if she was not cautious but she was glad her partner was a ghost-type that could help her remove the bindings.

But one of the loose knots ties her leg and her arm, immobilizing her at the middle of the course. “Pluto, check if there’s a safer path for me to traverse through these ropes.” The gengar heeded her command at an instant.

dd88|f|T
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 15:54:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]With the help of the gengar, they manage to get themselves through the mess of ropes. It's true that the challenge can be as 'easy' as it can be dangerous. Francie's thankful that Selena recognizes that. A bright smile forms as Francie gets to the end first, and helps Selena through the ropes a bit, because, what are friends for?

When they're free of the ropes, Francie doesn't release Selena's hand, and instead gives her a smile as she tugs her along.

"Looks like this time around, you got the right leads!"

As they emerge into the light of the battle arena, Francie waves toward the podium that holds a case of Stone Badges. Once she pulls it out, after a retina scan, she turns enough to see Selena and holds it out.

"I'm proud to present this to a fellow gym leader, and a new friend. Congratulations , and gengar. I'm excited to build the next generation of trainers with you."

- roll total 223/200

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 0:34:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]gym battle complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]

you two receive the following: 125 pokedollars and 10 infamy.
[break]