[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

HAVE SKY DROP FAIL ON 3 OF YOUR PKMN,[break]AND ALLOW IT TO LAND ON 1 OF YOUR PKMN.[break][break]

AFTER, ATTACK THE OPPONENT 3X DURING ITS SEMI-VULNERABLE STATE, USING MOVES THE CARRIED POKEMON IS IMMUNE TO.
[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qcgk9qOteT1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player][break][break][break]

THE SIXTH FLOOR IS CLEARED! the dojo student moves to the side, allowing you access to the wooden staircase that leads you to the seventh floor.[break][break]

SIXTH FLOOR REWARDS:[break]
[break][break][break]

WHEN YOU ENTER THE SEVENTH FLOOR, a dojo student descends from the sky, her padded shoulders grasped by a braviary's talons.[break][break]

"NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE MAKE IT THIS FAR!" she alights, ponytail bobbing as she greets the party. "THIS CHALLENGE REQUIRES SOME THINKING. MY BRAVIARY IS GOING TO ATTEMPT TO CARRY EVERY ONE OF YOUR POKEMON." the braviary caws. it alights too and withdraws its wings. "HAVE IT FAIL ON THREE, LET IT CARRY ONE, AND STRIKE MY BRAVIARY WITHOUT HURTING THE POKEMON IT'S CARRYING!"[break][break]

even with the briefest rest, the braviary is able to soar into the sky. the girl's grin glows below the bird's shadow. "EASY ENOUGH, RIGHT?"[break][break][break]

CLEARING THIS FLOOR WILL REWARD YOU:[break]

[attr="class","raidInstr"]
instructions

• please refer to the event thread for more information.
  • read challenges carefully.
  • you can only commit to ONE MOVE and you can only summon ONE POKEMON.
  • this round may require coordination in terms of roleplaying (i.e. predetermine who's pokemon and which pokemon will be taken by sky drop).
  • remember to BOLD USED POKEMON MOVES/ABILITIES/ITEMS.
  • on this floor, there is no need to roll.
[break][break]

PLEASE POST IN MOD REQS AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
TOWER CHALLENGE: #3
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 0:09:12 GMT
June Fair Avatar
So they had a plan and while it was pretty simple June had some issues with it. The others, Kyle, Fernando, and Mateo would go first in offering their Pokémon up to the lift of block. But the idea was that their Pokémon would be too heavy for the bird to take off with, okay that sounds fine. So she assumed she would play that angle as well but instead they had a different plan for her.

They wanted her to use the Alolan Marowak from earlier and let the Braviary take it up. While the bird was in the air the other three would be able to strike it with electric attacks and not harm June's Pokemon thanks to Marowak’s LIGHTNING ROD ability.

Once they were done letting their Pokémon go up and tried to be lifted it was finally her turn. She had returned the Shellder from earlier and brought out the Alolan Marowak.

”Are you guys sure about this?” She’d ask, looking to the others to get some sort of confirmation. Even if this worked she really didn’t like the idea of it but didn’t seem like she had much of a choice.

”Alright then just let the bird carry you. You’ll be alright; they’ll be able to shoot it down.” She whispered over to the Marowak to try and give it some comfort.

She’d then watch as the Pokémon was lifted into the air. ”You guys better be right about this.”

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 1:41:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle didn't find anything wrong with the plan until he has heard june sound reluctant with it. it sounds cold, but it's a solution. he thinks about it, but comforts himself with his decision thinking that his marowak will survive.

"it's gonna be fine," kyle answers nonchalantly as he withdraws his pokemon from the rotomi and deposits the toucannon he had earlier. "we can just catch it as it falls, or something."

from his pokeball, he releases his tyranitar: a heavy enough target for the braviary to even attempt to carry. "thunder," kyle orders the behemoth of the pokemon. he misses his tyranitar. maybe he should use it more.

a bolt of lightning strikes both the braviary and the alolan marowak, failing to injure the latter with the attack with the pokemon's lightning rod ability.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 1:43:29 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

watching the marowak come to be lifted into the air. it was impossible for DRAGONITE to be carried due to its weight. mateo watched in awe alongside the group, "could you imagine if it just fled off with marowak and ate it," mateo started to stroke his chin, "pokemon sure are ruthless." oh, that's right, "dragonite, use THUNDER!" a bolt of lightning strikes both the braviary and the alolan marowak, failing to injure the latter with the attack with the pokemon's lightning rod ability.

notes: hi, have a response.

[attr="class","merktagI"], ,

[newclass=.merkI] width: 340px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #fafafa; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 2:09:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"I'd be my money on Marowak in that match up." THUNDER crackles from the coiling Gyarados behind him. Heavier than even Kyle's Tyranitar, the Pokemon doesn't think twice about lashing out with with an offshoot of electricity. "Although I've never owned one myself," Fernando corrects, returning his Pokemon shortly after. The weight of their Pokemon may prove essential to making it through the challenge but that doesn't mean that the building's structure will support them. Just having the sea serpent out makes the room cramp enough to resemble a small League dorm back in Lilycove.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 8:26:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","userHP YELLOW"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]08: POISON

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

BRN

challenge

AVOID TOXIC SPIKES (BEING POISONED UPON ENTRY),[break]AND REMOVE THEM FROM THE FIELD.[break][break]
USE AT LEAST 2 ATTACKS THAT WILL POISON THE[break]CORROSION SALAZZLE THAT IS ATTACKING WITH TOXIC.

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qcgk9qOteT1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player][break][break][break]

THE SEVENTH FLOOR IS CLEARED! the dojo student moves to the side, allowing you access to the wooden staircase that leads you to the eighth floor.[break][break]

SEVENTH FLOOR REWARDS:[break]
[break][break][break]

WHEN YOU ENTER THE EIGHTH FLOOR, a salazzle hisses at the party. poison drips from its maw. there seems to be no trainer, until...[break][break]

"HEY-O! MADE IT THIS FAR? WOW!" from the tatami wall, a panel falls forth and lands on the ground. it reveals the disguised ninja boy trainer. "AVOID THE TOXIC SPIKES!" the boy hits a hidden switch, and the tatami flooring unsheathes a field of TOXIC SPIKES. he smiles, hands on his hips, "CLEAN THEM UP FOR US, AND USE TWO ATTACKS THAT WILL POISON MY SALAZZLE!" he wags his finger, "MY SALAZZLE WILL ATTACKING WITH TOXIC TOO, JUST TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN!"[break][break][break]

the field is set in beautiful purples.[break][break][break]

instructions

• all of your pokemon will be summoned on the field at the same time.
[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 16:18:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Drench it."

Fernando's Pelipper regurgitates a vile mix of sea water and stomach fluids, enough to SOAK the Salazzle's toxic coating into something more alkaline. It's transition into being a WATER TYPE is perfect for making it susceptible to TOXIC.

"We still need a RAPID SPINNER."

Naturally, DEFOG will work as well but very few trainers utilizes the move. It's mostly Rangers and other explorers who opt to teach their Pokemon a move to shift the environment.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 16:26:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he withdraws his pokemon from the rotomi just in time to see fernando set things up for them. without wasting a moment, he throws out the pokeball containing his dragalge to the fray.

"it's fine. poison-types can do the trick," kyle assures fernando, "toxic!"

its natural poison-typing allows the dragalge to simply absorb the toxic spikes from the ground and clear the hazards from the field. the toxic it spews out towards the salazzle now gets to poison the opposing pokemon, given that it had lost its typing that prevented it from being poisoned.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 18:16:19 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

dragonite returned to its pokeball. next up, mateo would call forth, "dragalge, you're up!" tossing out the poisonous sea dragon. mateo ordered the poison-type to use TOXIC upon the now susceptible salazzle. all that was left was for to clear the field.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 340px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #fafafa; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 20:40:19 GMT
June Fair Avatar
Despite Kyle’s attempt at calming her down the other two did not help June’s worry at all. ”You guys are a real comfort.” She scoffed, watching carefully as their plan played out.

And thank Arceus that it played it all well and the Marowak was safe and sound, June quickly returned the Pokémon to its capsule once they were all done.

The next floor was a bit of a dozy, and June yet again was questioning whether or not what they were about to participate in was on the up and up. She’d shrug it off for now and think about which Pokémon to use and luckily this time she had her own to use.

The cadet released her Nidoking but she quickly discovered that there was much less for her to do except well stand there.

”Uh, just stand there and look pretty I guess?” June shrugged.

Mateo and Kyle took care of the poisoning and the spikes and Fernando took care of making the Salazzle targetable so all she had to do was make sure she had a poison type on the field that wouldn’t get affected.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 5:23:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]09: PERISH SONG

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

BRN

challenge

HAVE PERISH SONG ONLY AFFECT THE USER (GENGAR).[break][break]
NEXT, HAVE PERISH SONG HEAL TWO OF YOUR POKEMON[break]
& BOOST THE SPECIAL ATTACK OF TWO OF YOUR POKEMON.

THE EIGHTH FLOOR IS CLEARED! the dojo student moves to the side, allowing you access to the wooden staircase that leads you to the ninth floor.[break][break]

EIGHTH FLOOR REWARDS:[break]
[break][break][break]

WHEN YOU ENTER THE NINTH FLOOR, an odd lady awaits you. clearly, those closer to the top of the tower seem to lose any respect for their dojo's uniforms. or perhaps, they have risen so high in the ranks that they are allowed their specialized garbs. it's best not to question it (please).[break][break]

"HELLO DARKLINGS, LET US BEGIN." the lady cackles as a gengar emerges through her body. "I'LL GIVE YOU TIME TO SET UP. AFTER, MY GENGAR WILL PERISH SONG. LET IT HEAL AND EMPOWER YOUR POKEMON, TWO TIMES EACH."[break][break][break]

the gengar awaits your preparation before singing its song.[break][break][break]

instructions

[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 7:23:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
taking a pokemon out of the rotomi, kyle takes the lead for this floor's puzzle. he releases a zebstrika from a pokeball, the equine walking up towards the gengar until the lack of attacking command from his trainer halts his movement.

"i got this one," kyle tells everyone. "ion deluge."

the zebstrika stays in position and charges up electricity in its mane. it then releases a shower of sparks in the vicinity, affecting everyone in the room.

the ion deluge from zebstrika turns the normal-type perish song into an electric-type move. the zebstrika's lightning rod then eats it up, giving the pokemon its special attack boost.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 18:57:34 GMT
June Fair Avatar
Okay it was next floor time and yet again June kind of just stood there and let the others take care of it but the difference is that Kyle volunteered to take care of the problem. She wasn’t really sure what he was doing but she figured it was time for Marowak to shine………..again.

This poor Pokémon was probably so tired of dealing with them but she was going to need it again. She’d return her last Pokémon that she sent out and then brought the Alolan Marowak back out.

Its Lightning Rod ability would allow it to absorb the perish song and get that Special Attack boost.

”I guess that’s it?” She shrugged.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 19:06:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"ION DELUGE."

In the moment, Fernando whispers the move with a fond affection, reminiscing on how the niche technique allowed him to conquer with ease. The very same Pokemon who had used it serves as his VOLT ABSORB for the round. Behind the glimmer of the shiny Pachirisu is a skittish Pokemon that recoils at the spontaneous bursts of static sound waves. As expected, the PERISH SONG has no effect, pitched off tune due to the crackle of sparse electricity.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 19:26:21 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

with miss pine on his side there was nothing standing in their way. as mateo summoned the borrowed jolteon, she would utilize VOLT ABSORB in order to obtain pleasure from the electrical perish song. a gleeful noise was uttered upon being bathe within an electrical song.