august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
escapism
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 19:56:25 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

he couldn't remember the last time he was in such a state. he couldn't remember the last time he'd even been to a hospital. maybe it was because they had a family doctor, so there was never a need to go. but, alas, the family doctor wasn't in hoenn at this time so he had to be sent to the nearest hospital upon his return.

for days he stared outside of the open window, listening as the world whispered through it. mateo hated being bound to one place. no longer did he wish to sit nor lay. so he chose to leave, simple. with a hospital gown donned, he'd grab hold of three random pokeball from his bedside. silently, as sceptile and dragonite slept, he would leave them behind.

mateo would summon kyle the arcanine and casually jumped out of the window and onto its back. "just go," he ordered it with a simple heel kick. he'd lay upon the fire dog as he fell into a deep thought. suddenly, he'd feel them come to a halt. "what the..." where did kyle the arcanine lead them? "a gym?" the arcanine would merrily wag its tail. "did you just assume i wanted to do something like this?" mateo would hold his own side as he jumped off of the dog.

examining the gym, he'd come to realize that he was never aware of petalburg having their very own gym. without knocking, the pair would enter. "i guess no one's home." he'd come to enter the gym and take a seat upon the steps within the entryway. arcanine would lay down and cozy up beside his trainer. "what are we going to do, kyle..."

notes: hi, have a crap opening.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 340px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #fafafa; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
escapism
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 20:12:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie bounced in her chair as she signed paper after paper about having given out a few gym badges here and there recently, then she was left to sign for all of the documents that stated the losers and when they were allowed to re-challenge the gym. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy paperwork but... I mean really, who sits and thinks, y'know what I wanna do?? Paperwork!!

Because of this, by the end of said paperwork, which she did because it was her duty, Francie just wanted to get out of the building. The end of the day had come and Francie was ready to just chill out ... someplace that wasn't the gym's office.

Her lycanrocs, in their three separate forms, followed behind her steadily. Sometimes the midnight would nip at the the midday and they'd growl and whine at each other while the dusk walked beside Francie and promptly ignored the others. He was the older and more mature of the others-- until the midnight tricked the midday to bite the dusk's tail, and then he'd whip around and give a snarl at which they all snickered and eventually calmed down.

"Alright, it's time to..."

Francie had about pulled their pokeballs out, when he caught eye of a guy in a hospital gown in the main reception area beside an arcanine. She made her way forward and looked in confusion at the one who was there.

"I'm sorry, but gym challenges are for weekdays only..." her voice died off as the face she saw tried to register. But it had been only in media that she'd seen Mateo, never having met him in person before her many absences, and so the penny just wouldn't drop for the blonde.

"Are you okay?? Do you need me to call anybody??"

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
escapism
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 1:27:20 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"what?" mateo questioned the blonde. it wasn't until he realized his attire. quickly jumping as if he were naked before her. he would cover himself, turning away from the blonde in order to gain some respite. until he felt a sudden draft as well. quickly, once more, he would turn around to bring his bare bottom onto his arcanine. "n-no, t-that's not necessary, idjit!" this was most emotional response one had gotten out of him.

"i was just getting some fresh air and happened to accidentally stumble in this place!" covering the lower half of his face, mateo would look off to the side toward her fellow lycanroc trio. "i thought this place was empty, but i can see that it's not," a hand would be brought to massage the back of his head, "sorry."

mateo took in the scenery before him. examining the gym all while continuing to hide the lower half of his face, "s-so how is it?" he vaguely asked, "being a gym leader and all..."

notes: hi, have a crap response.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 340px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #fafafa; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
escapism
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 0:05:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]At the mention of her being an idjit, Francie's cheeks puff up in defense. Her lycanrocs can sense her unease, and they stop fighting among themselves long enough to give her a sniff. Louie, her dusk form lycanroc, puts his head into her hand. It causes the tension in her hand to leave, and she deflates.

Lyonel, the midnight form, gives a protective snort before sitting back on his haunches and let's his lazy self just sorta lay out. It's embarrassing, and Lincoln sits in front of him to block the view of his sprawled out self.

Once the man apologizes, Francie's not too offended anymore. Really she forgave him the moment he apologized. But what surprised her was ... being mildly flashed. Her free hand raises up to her hands and she blushes, glancing around frantically like she can't quite figure out what she's supposed to look at. Once the man's covered, Francie pays him more attention.

"Please don't apologize. I understand the need to go somewhere to... escape."

Her mind travels to the many times she had moved around just to avoid something, because she was scared, or naive.

"And as far as the gym leader thing goes, I really love it! Phew does it keep me busy though! Like, I knew it would keep my schedule full but I really had no idea... it's so much fun though. Seeing the different people and their pokemon bond through the challenges set before them. And I love the battles, so do these three."

Her fond smile is turned to her boys, who she gives pets to who she can reach... before eyeing Lyonel with mild judgement. He's so embarrassing, falling asleep all sprawled upside-down like that.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
escapism
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 17:20:33 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

her enthusiasm reminded him of a time back home when he first started out. back then he felt stronger than he ever did. but, right now, it was as if he had lost the qualities that made his soul burn in the heat of battle. "i'm happy for you, mak sure you never lose that spark!" mateo would reply in a, somewhat, enthusiastic tone.

"if only i could return to that state of mind. i haven't been myself since returning, or rather i don't feel like myself." he'd come to sit upon the steps near the entrance once more. his body hunched over, he'd continue, "it's like i lost a piece of me somewhere and i can't find it. it's almost like its hiding from me." a sigh escaped his maw, "and i can't even look my pokemon--my best friends--to their faces." having left sceptile and dragonite back at the hospital, mateo just couldn't bring himself around to be near them.

"there's something blocking me from being me..." the tips of his fingers were clasped together. both thumbs would come to be pressed to the center of his forehead, "i got dragonite killed, i abandoned sceptile and dragonite and left them alone for too long. i was a burden to my friends, and that's not okay." teeth began to clench as brows furrowed, "i'm suppose to be the one to protect them, not the other way around!"

notes: hi, sorry for the wait qtie.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
escapism
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 17:53:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The way he had told her to hold her spark had hit home more than he probably realized. Francie had lost her spark for a while there. She'd been threatened by and it had caused all of the color to drain from her personality. So much so, that her father had demanded, regardless of the threat, that she return to Hoenn and find her spark again.

So she had come back, only to learn that rocket was trying to, even after being disbanded, make the region their own sort of terror again. It had prompted her to travel around and warn each and every region that they needed to enforce trainers just to protect their cities.

When Mateo crouched down on the stairs, Francie slowly approached. By the time he was holding his head and near tears, so Francie had assumed anyway, she was sitting beside him. Close enough that their hips touched. She didn't care that he was only in a hospital gown. Sometimes, humans just needed other humans, even ones that they didn't know, to find comfort.

"I don't know what happened." Francie began with a fond smile as she looked up at the sun, still close enough to Mateo that he wouldn't feel alone, but not looking at him in an effort to give him space. "But what I do know, is that I lost myself once, too. Everybody I loved, they were almost taken from me, and I left my happiness behind to try and protect them. All I ended up doing was losing what I really wanted... which was to help in making Hoenn, my home, stronger. So that I wouldn't feel that small, that lost, and that alone ever again."

"If there is anything I have learned so far, in this short span of my life thus far, it's that sometimes... sometimes we block ourselves from moving on because we want to punish ourselves for something we probably couldn't even control to begin with."

Slowly, Francie turned to face Mateo, even to place a hand on his back if allowed.

"It's okay to fail. It's not okay to stay stunted. Just... try and remember what you loved before, and why you loved it. That's... that's what helped me to accept my shortcomings."

For all she knew, this wouldn't help in the slightest but. He needed somebody, and here she was, so why not try?

- oh my god maeto i'm crai