verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
release [c]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 19:35:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle opens the door to a hospital room, eyes on a piece of paper instead of the way. the door closes neatly as he enters, pushing it with his back.

"congrats," he mentions before finally looking up to the patient, neatly folding the piece of paper in half. "they say they can discharge you soon."

kyle takes a seat at a couch at the corner of the room and brings out his phone. he sends the message from the doctor to whoever might care about mateo and then proceeds to post a meme at the elite four group chat that consisted of the old roster. he really should ask the admin if they can add the latest addition in there now.

"well, not now, but soon," he clarifies as soon as he hits send.

he looks up to mateo in his hospital gowned glory. he wants to think that this is karma for taking his magic dust, but it's been half a year since he's woken up from his coma. since it's in a post, it's canon now unless shiv or spiral says otherwise.

"you happy?" he teases in the same monotone voice, "that's something to be happy, right?"

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
release [c]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 4:23:25 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

"yeah..." a narrow gaze eyed the white sheet that rested over his lower half. his back pressed against pillows that were made to comfort his bedridden state. he wasn't sure what to say at the moment, right now he was feeling disgusted. "i..." he would look away briefly to the side before continuing, "thanks for everything, kyle." gratitude was there, but the lack of energy could easily be noticed.

"i definitely owe you one, hero man. risking your life like that with everyone," he'd pause to let out a light chuckle, "i thought i was the reckless one between us." the thought of putting his closest friend through such an ordeal made him feel...off. this feeling has been with him for awhile now since his rescue. did what he feel was some form of pride?

it was hard to tell exactly. but right now he definitely wasn't feeling like his usual self. mateo would begin to speak once more, had kyle nothing to say, "so, mr. elite, you hoenn's champion yet?" mateo playfully jested.

notes: hi.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 340px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #fafafa; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
release [c]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 14:55:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle blinks at mateo before his forehead creases alongside a raise of his eyebrow.

"you say that like the credit only goes to me." the only relevant thing he has done was to locate mateo within the hellish wonderland. any other task he accomplished could've been done by someone else in their search party. "you're saying that to everyone else, right?"

eventually, his expression lightens up with a sigh, realizing that the other was taking things too heavily. he offers him an awkward smile and a untensing of his shoulders.

"you'd do the same. no big deal."

leaning forward from his seat, the smile turns more genuine. he's ill-equipped to offer comforting words, but not distraction from the problems that plague his friend's head.

"you know that's not really a kyle position, right? that's more for people like ultra beast killers, or head scientist turned elite four. maybe even the underdog, i'unno." he chuckles nervously afterwards.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
release [c]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 18:28:41 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"everyone, of course." the thought of bailey even fathoming the idea of forming a search party and traveling into unknown lands didn't sound too...far off. after all, she was apart of the fight against guzzlord. but something told him that she would have had hidden intentions. the others he has his own fearful opinions about that could be saved for a later date.

"do you tell yourself that just so you can avoid the spotlight again? you've done more than enough to prove yourself worthy of the title." it made mateo ponder on their champion back in johto. he couldn't exactly remember how they were or even as to who they were. he never really cared about that stuff, but it did hold a lot of weight to having it. it was almost like being some form of respected royalty. "then again i can see how annoying it would be for you, the constant challenges you'd get from strangers on the street."

the more he talked about it the more interesting it sounded, "that doesn't sound too bad, actually. well, when you think about it, it's no different from being a gym leader if you think about it like that. i can see how much of a hassle it'd be for you." mateo would slightly move, releasing a small groan upon turning onto his side to stare out the window some more. his mind pondering a bit, listening to kyle all the while should he have had anything to say.

notes: hi.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 340px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #fafafa; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
release [c]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 8:02:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there's a sudden jump of responsibility once one gets to be the region's champion, but he'd still say that a gym leader's got the worst out of the three levels of position.

"that's why e4's the best spot. you've got nothing to do like eighty percent of the time."

challenging bailey and perse, along with mateo's replacement, for the title just to see if he can was an idea though. maybe if someone prodded him enough, he'd yield, but otherwise, he's got no motivation for it besides curiosity.

"what about you, though? what's the plan?"

mateo must have wanted to do something as soon as he's out. he wasn't really the type to enjoy being confined after all.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
release [c]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 9:32:22 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"i think..." there was a lot on his mind. he wasn't sure what to say first, he just knew what he needed to do. "i think i should head home for a bit, revisit blackthorn and see the family. maybe deal with grandpa's crap, just for a little bit." the thought of leaving hoenn felt, at first, cowardice. that wasn't exactly the case once he pondered on it.

"the synergy i felt with my pokemon is off," once more he'd sit up and look toward kyle, "i feel like the crap your pokemon shit out when they go for a walk. it's like that entire scenario, being stuck in that place and without my pokemon, screwed me up somehow." no longer could he hold in his internal thoughts, "the fact that i even let myself get sucked into that place, i can't even look sceptile and dragonite in the face anymore; led alone battle with them as if nothing happened." mateo could tell that something was even off with them.

"remember how you taught me once before that there were specific kinds of dog-like pokemon that were trained to sniff out mental problems with their patients?" he may have been misremembering, but he remembered being educated on pokemon that were bred for such purposes. "it's somewhat like that except when a dragon tamer feels a certain way, their dragons can feel and take on those emotions," he'd continue, "i'm poisoning sceptile and dragonite because i can't get my shit together, kai; they feel like shit because i feel like shit. i'm suppose to be the service pokemon, i'm suppose to make sure they're okay." his face would come to buried into his palms as a deep sigh followed, "what do you think i should do? home might be the best option for now, but...i don't think r&r is what we need."

notes: hi, have a response qtie.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
release [c]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 10:39:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle scratches his chin with a finger as he attempts to diagnose mateo. he cannot comfort him and say he understands since he knows he doesn't, and worst of all is that he doesn't know much how people work.

"i don't think i have the qualifications to tell you what to do right now..."

his hand goes to the back of his head, scratching. he cannot really leave it at that when mateo comes up to him for advice. kyle wasn't really the person people come up to for these situations, but disappointing his friend is the last thing he wants to do.

"but personal opinion, though? take a hike. i read somewhere that physical activity helps the mood, or something like that."

from his phone, he tries to find the app that shows the region map. he tries to find parts of the region that mateo probably hasn't heard of, but with how he was all over the region during his first few months on hoenn, kyle supposed that he has been on most landmarks hoenn has to offer.

"and you shouldn't stick to those stereotypes too. as much as that dragon tamer thing is probably true, you shouldn't generalize your pokemon as 'just' dragons instead of their own personality. they probably want to help too, so don't shut them out, man."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
release [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 23:50:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: