awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
road to transformation, i [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 6:30:00 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

The acculturation of Pokémon League challenge was not something Valerio was familiar back in Galar. While it was an extremely popular challenge with the kids of Kanto, the Rocket’s invasion of the region halted the adventures of young Kantonians. Johto was almost the same as its neighbor but he remembered how its leaders were focused in mobilizing their trainers to drive off his organization.

But it was in Hoenn where Valerio felt the passion of pokémon battle, influencing and shaping his objectives inside Team Rocket and pushing him forward to aim the title of a beast.

Valerio, disguised as a younger man of picturesque built named Jonathan Aquil in pursuit of the titular role of pokémon champion, entered the Petalburg’s new gym leader’s premises. Latched on his back, the sobble named Patrick was shaking with nervousness as his owner strode forward and introduced himself. “I’m Jonathan Aquil. I’m ready to take your challenge.”

SOBBLE is idle.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 15:09:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Well alright then!"

Straightforward and to the point, Francie liked that! She met the one she knew as Johnathan at the beginning of the maze. She stood before the white line, between the maze and the man, giving a bright smile, moving her baseball cap on her head a bit as she looked him over.

He looked like a rock type... was that a strange thing to think about a person? Francie didn't know or care.

"Welcome Johnathan and sobble! There are three regulations. Only status moves are permitted to be used within the maze, no damaging moves, even if the damaging moves 'aren't causing damage,' they're not permitted! Don't lose me, I have to cross the finish line with you in order for the challenge to be complete. Lastly, you do have a time limit that begins the second you step over this line."

With a cute skip and her hands behind her back, Francie moved to walk beside Valerio, instead of standing before him.

"Ready when you are, Johnathan."

- roll total 0/200

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 16:25:10 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

Francie’s cheerful demeanor bothered Valerio he doubt he would enjoy the rest of the walk knowing she had to accompany him along the maze. The rocket wondered if this was the case for all gym leaders in Hoenn that he needed to get badges from. Perhaps, it was because he had natural animosity from anyone who has authority.

But Valerio was set straight to his goal. First, it would be the stone badge and next the rest of them: he’s gonna catch ‘em all. And at least Patrick felt comfortable with the gym leader beside them.

“Let’s go!” The ill feeling dissipated with Jonathan’s enthusiasm as he proceeded towards where the maze’s direction. “I really love the this gym’s sense of adventure! How did you think of it?”

|qEmV|pV

SOBBLE is idle.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 14:34:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]How did she think of it? A decent question. Her answer was immediate, though.

"I love hiking. And while a rock climbing wall challenge had crossed my mind once upon a time, something like having to climb a rock wall and retrieve a certain amount of tokens before reaching the top... I decided that was more unfair, because it was more of a physical challenge than it was a challenge that equally challenged everything. And namely, it wouldn't shape a trainer to become better, it would just frustrate them if they weren't an athlete, y'know?"

Francie had no idea she might have been annoying or not the individual's cup of tea, because his exterior expertly deflected his internal thoughts.

"So, I was doing a puzzle book while thinking of the challenge and my mind started putting this idea together, and I made various challenges throughout it as a means to create a mental challenge, during the physical challenge of making it through the maze at a decent pace."

Speaking of challenge, as they turn a corner of the maze, they are met with one.

"Wow! Speak of the darkrai, and he shall appear, am I right?"

So that was dorky but she went with it, not faltering in her confidence as she began explaining the challenge ahead of them.

"What you see before you is a floor of elaborate tiles!"

Francie took a step on a few, they gave a chime as she did so, and across the room the closed off 'dead end' wall began to open. Each tile she stepped on had the face of a pokemon on it and the door opened a little more with each step.

"Each tile has the face of a rock type pokemon. They're in national pokedex numerical order. Among them are tiles that hold not rock types, or the wrong numerical order of rock types, so be careful! You are able to make it across, but there is only one correct path. If you step on the wrong tile," she demonstrates, the tile makes a buzzing noise, and the door slamming closed. "You've got to start all over again!"

She makes her way across the tiles, waiting for him near the door.

"I'll wait for you over here, good luck!"

- roll total 83/200
/do not/ roll in your next post
complete the challenge

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 19:51:11 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

Valerio allowed Francie to blabber as he figured the maze he waa successfully conquering. There were a few times he would have interruptes the gym leader though, like, if she was to consider hin doing the wall climbing challenge but then she proceeded with another topic he did not know where to butt in. She then commented about equality of the challenge and how she strived to create a balanced test of strength and wit.

Valerio was not very hopeful of leagues saying empty promises but he could give Francie the benefit of the doubt.

“What will appear?” The challenger uttered as Francie proceeded to stride with harmony on the tiles. This was among the few gym obstacles he needed to overcome. “Rock-types? I’m a dragon-type trainer.” And he was not good at memorization!

But the challenge was there and he needed to accomplish a simple task. Sobble was cheering him from behind. He could do this.

First, he tried to remember the tune of Francie’s steps. Ten notes. Which translated to 10 tiles. He just needed to figure out ten rock-types in an ascending order. The first one was a geodude—an obvious answer, followed by an onix, a nosepass, a lunatone, and a solrock. Then his hopa were followed by a step on a cranidos, a shieldon, a minior—another obvious answer, a drednaw, and a rolycoly.

Another similar sound reverberate: throughout the maze. He just finished an almost impossible task. “I did it! Give me a five!” He raised his hands and waites for Francie to connect with him.

SOBBLE is idle.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 20:01:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Watching his determination had Francie pumped for him. Like his little blonde cheerleader on the other side of the challenge, she excitedly awaits for him to get it. Once he does, she raises her hands and meets his with a beaming grin.

"Great job Johnathan!! You did it!"

The door was fully opened before him and with it, stairs that led them down into a darkness.

"You made it to part two of the maze! At least, that's what I call it. Anyway, below will be nothing but a pitch black darkness. You can use status moves or a pokemon's natural lighting to illuminate the path. If you don't have any of these items, feel free to use a device on your person."

Without any hesitation, Francie started down the stairs.

"You're nearly halfway there, Johnathan!"

- total roll 83/200
you may now roll!

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 4:36:18 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

Francie receiving the high five was appreciated by Valerio who was now considering if the gym leader was actually a nice person. It was a trivial reason but it reminded Valerio of his younger brother and sisters in Galar who have already died—and now his motivation of moving forward and pushing a society in the image he was forming.

When she welcomed him to the second part of the labyrinth, he could feel Patrick’s claws deepening into his attire which prompted him to take the sobble into his arms. “There, there, buddy. There’s nothing there: only victory.”

Valerio retrieved his pokénav, turned on the flashlight, and forwarded to the darkness that loomed within. “The maze was actually a nice idea. There is thrill, mystery. And yes, the idea of getting a badge at the end of it is nice, but it’s actually the adventure that you won’t forget.”

UwiWqC61

SOBBLE is idle.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 13:41:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"I thought it was pretty fun myself! I'm really tempted, during the fall season, to open it up as a sort of fun house maze. Nothing too terribly scary... but, just some pokemon coming out to give a small fright here and there to the younger trainers."

She'd have to talk to about it, because there would be liabilities and other things to consider if they were to use a maze like that. Maybe even have to get gym leaders to participate as guides, aside from just herself. There were a few elite four that had completed the maze, like and ... but then again, it wasn't like the league couldn't just hire people to be the guides so that the gym leaders could participate as well.

"But there are a lot of legal holes I'll have to crawl through to get the idea rolling. It'd be so much fun though. And at the end, could be like, food or something. Could solve a mystery to get you through it too-- like those escape rooms, or miss 's gym as well! I could collaborate with her and get it rolling..."

She doesn't realize it, but she's rambling once again.

- roll total 88/200

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 17:33:07 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

”Actually, this is already nice. You don’t need to change anything about the maze.” Valerio was quick to swerve the discussion about the maze. Mentioning the name made Valerio remember a lot of memories from Kanto and Johto. The journalist was a real pain in the Rocket’s ass he was quite pissed learning she managed to follow them here as well. “If I may say, this is actually better than that of Selena’s.”

Unfortunately, Valerio’s pokénav was slowly losing its power and the pair was slowly being engulfed by total darkness. “Um, I’m sorry if any moments now and my sobble decides to cry and summon rain in your gym, I hope you won’t hold me liable.”

Confidence, however, was gleaming in his eyes which allowed him to continue further the maze. Sobble leaped from Valerio’s to Francie’s: other than the lady was giving Patrick more reassurance than his personal trainer, he reckoned it would be useful for Valerio to not lose his companion. 

inXVvD7H

SOBBLE is idle.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 18:00:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"That's quite alr-- oh, why, hello there."

Francie had been about to tell Valerio that it was alright, that she didn't mind the darkness and new the tunnels by heart, but the sobble attaching itself to her had Francie grinning.

"I don't think we'll have to worry about that. He's making himself pretty comfortable over here. And I won't let anything in the dark get to him-- n-not that there is anything in the dark, it's just a bunch of tunnels."

She reassured the sobble with a pat to its head before following behind where she could hear Johnathan walking. Habit led her to reaching out toward him to grab something, anything. She found something, and looped her finger through it.

Little did she know, it was a belt loop, but, eh. As long as she wouldn't get left behind with his sobble.

- roll total 159/200

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 18:51:59 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

”Slip of tongue.” Valerio teased Francie with her latest comment. He was still guiding the way towards the end of the tunnel, but Patrick was with the lady connected to his trainer with a belt loop encircled on its torso. He could hear the sobble mooning as Francie pat its head—the water lizard clearly enjoyed the lady’s company.

”Sobbles tend to be very clingy. I hope you’re fine with that.” He said as he followed his instincts towards the right path amidst the overwhelming darkness. But Valerio could feel the arena closing in, the tunnel nearing its end as faint lights crawled the floor, the walls, and them the ceiling. “Told you. It’s all about the thrill of the chase. I think we’re almost there!”

6DiZPkSz

SOBBLE is idle.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 19:09:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Just nearly!"

As they turn a corner, the lights are close, but betwixt the two and the light is a giant thick glass. In the middle of the pathway stood a podium, stone in its making, and a small puzzle atop it. Francie moved over to the podium and smiled happily.

"This is something I was given from the ruins in Johto! It's an authentic fossil puzzle. Solve the puzzle, form the fossil, tell me which fossil it is, and you're permitted to pass the finish line!"

Francie hadn't stopped giving the sobble pets and love either. Why? Because the sobble was too cute not to dote upon. And what cute noises it made!

- roll total 191/200

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 6:12:27 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

“Okay, I got this.” Valerio was confident with his puzzle-building skills. It was his fellow street children’s past time: to be making something out of nothing. The puzzled was quite familiar for Valerio too. He had been in the Johto for a long time to have a hint that this might come from one of the region’s ruins.

The only challenge stopping him from doing it was the pitch blackness of the area around him. But a few slides here and there, the challenger was quick to organize the image that it was trying build: an aerodactyl!

“How about that?” He was proud of his creation. “Fossils of this creature were quite popular in the region that’s why I’m familiar with its body. Guess all that’s left is the victory march towards the arena, right?”

Sobble was cheering for him at Francie’s arms, with a few occassional moaning from the sweet caress of the gym leader. Valerio walked closer to the labyrinth’s clearing, the triumph of his first gym challenge was already at a hand’s reach.

da9f4NVH

SOBBLE is idle.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 14:06:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Very good! It's one of my favorite pass times, silly puzzles like that."

As the fossil puzzle is complete, that crystal clear glass wall parts down the center. Turning a corner will shed light, and then another corner will show the incline leading up into the gym's arena.

Francie bounces into the light with a grin across her face, lifting a finger to wave it excitedly back and forth in the air. Mostly, she just can't contain herself.

"Congratulations Johnathan! You managed to make it in the time limit, seconds to spare, but you did it!"

Once up in the arena, she takes a right to make her way to the podium encasing the Stone Badges. She pulls one from the case once it's opened with her retina and turns toward Johnathan, holding the badge out for him to take.

"You and your sobble did an excellent job. You're determined and have a great strength in you. You're a great judge of character, though not impulsive in trusting others with your pokemon. Quick thinker too! You deserve this."

- roll total 200+
submitting to mod req!

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 14:46:12 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

”Gee, thanks for this!” Valerio cannot believe he actually did this—he had his first gym challenge. “I’m very satisfied with my performance.”

Valerio held onto his new gym badge, lifting it into the sky as lights from the gym’s ceiling illuminated the token of completing the gym challenge. “It was a nice walk with you, Francie. I really enjoyed this challenge. I hope we see each other again.”

SOBBLE is idle.