November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Running For Our Health, Not Our Lives [M]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 2:40:50 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

Excercise. The dreaded word that inspired terror within masses of those who aren't fit. Ruby wasn't exactly fit, but she wasn't a couch potato either. However, with all the chaos that had surrounded her life within the past months, it was time to actually put in the effort to make sure she was in top physical condition. With a tank top and shorts, and a backpack full of simple snacks and bottles of water, she began her hike.

The goal was simple. Hike up Mt. Pyre to the peak, or at the very least as far she could possibly go. Worse comes to worst, she can have her Pokemon help Teleport her down back the mountain, bit by bit. Her goal was still quite a while away and with every step, Ruby could feel the sun beating down against her back.

Pausing in her tracks, Ruby took a few moments to breathe. Grabbing a bottle of water from her backpack, she took a few gulps of water before grabbing her sunscreen. Quickly squeezing some out onto her hands, she was quick to rub it again onto the back of her neck and the rest of her exposed skin, just in case.

"Phew..." Ruby wiped her brow, slowly stretching her legs as she prepared to continue her hike, only to see someone else in the distance. Curiosity immediately piqued, she immediately made her way towards them. "Hey! Also on a hike?"

Notes: Mission

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 13:33:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Hm?"

Francie's whole person perked up at the sound of somebody nearby speaking loud enough for her to hear. She was just repelling down the mountain when she heard them. Her three lycanrocs used their rock climb to follow her, bouncing around at her feet when she paused. Louie paused to perk his ears up and listen to the girl that called at their Francie. A small bristle later, and immediately, Francie's tapping his nose.

"You be nice, Louie."

The scolded lycanroc snorts before slowly approaching the girl with a sniff and then deeming her safe before plopping down to sit while Francie makes her way over.

"Hello there! Yes, I'm also on a hike. Well, kind of. We finished ours, and I'm on my way back down."

Louie's serene moment of no brothers is interrupted when Lincoln tackles Lyonel into Louie and the three of them go tumbling against the gravel of the ledge they're perched upon.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 17:58:15 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby's eyes widened a bit as she saw the three Lycranrocs following behind the woman. They weren't super rare, but to see all three forms owned by one trainer showed an obvious affinity for the Pokemon. Ruby couldn't help but smile softly as one of them was politely scolded by their owner. As she was approached by the Pokemon, Ruby simply waved and gave a polite smile to hopefully satisfy the protective Pokemon.

Finally, Ruby's attention turned to the woman. Turns out she had already finished a hike of her own. She was just about to respond when suddenly the dogs began to play with each other, tackling one another. She giggled almost right away, a wider smile spreading across her face. "How lovely! I'm trying to get in shape, but it's, uh... A long process. I've never been super athletic."

She let out a soft sigh, quickly taking another sip of water from her water bottle before talking once more. "The name's Ruby! A pleasure to meet you and your dogs. They certainly seem like a rambunctious crew, huh?"

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 18:03:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Two of them can be. It's usually Lyonel's fault, though. He's such a taunting turd."

Francie gave a smile at the girl's attempt at explaining herself. The idea of doing this sort of thing for her health hadn't crossed Francie's mind. Ever since she could remember, she was climbing up mountains and looking at rock pokemon. This was second nature to her.

But that didn't mean she didn't have advice for the girl.

"The trick is moderation, as far as hiking goes. If you do too much at one time, you'll ruin the whole experience! Best to take your time. Even if you're only able to go for about twenty minutes, or even five, without feeling exhausted. Call it a day, try the next day! Slowly gain that muscle and be sure not to force it!"

Realizing she was rambling, the gym leader shut her yap and gave a nervous grin.

"S-sorry, I got carried away."

Behind her, the three settled in a literal dog pile, with Louie on the bottom with a very deadpanned expression while the other two gnawed on various parts of one another.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 18:15:26 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby's eyes widened almost immediately as she was given advice. Obviously, this woman went for hikes quite a bit. That much at least seemed pretty reasonable. Still, Ruby's smile only grew as she took in the information and nodded. If there was one thing that she had learned, having psychic Pokemon to teleport her back to town when she truly did exhaust herself was a whole lot easier than having to keep in mind saving energy to walk back.

However, as the woman apologized, Ruby quickly shook her head. "No no, you're more than fine! Trust me, I appreciate it. I've been attempting to make stops every so often. I have to reapply my sunscreen, after all. Otherwise, I would fry."

Her eyes glanced over at the actual dogpile, unable to help but grin softly. What an absolutely adorable sight. "Well, it certainly seems you got your hands full. Are they all siblings, by chance?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 19:33:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Relieved that she wasn't being a bother, Francie relaxed her features and smiled softly in response. She looked behind her at the pile of lycanrocs and let out a chuckle.

"They're something. A handful, for sure, when they were smaller. But they all learned how to mind me pretty well. Helped that they had previous training before my father traded for them."

Her thoughts on them being siblings were short, and she was quick to respond.

"But no, they're not related. Well, not by parent pokemon anyway. They certainly think they're all brothers. Louie sometimes likes to pretend he isn't, doesn't claim the other two. But you'd think the other two were hatched at the same time, they're so close."

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 8:47:14 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby was usually quite skilled in reading people's emotions and seeing her visibly relax encouraged her own smile to widen a little bit. Seeing people stressed, just because they gave advice, was never fun. Besides, the sight of the three Lycanrocs having fun together certainly alone made this impromptu break worth it.

Louie, Lyonel, and the third Lycranroc who's name still was unknown to her weren't siblings, but they easily acted like it. She couldn't help but chuckle quietly at their antics, smiling a bit wider as well. She was curious about what the third one was named before a thought popped into her head. She didn't even know the woman's name yet.

"Oh, I know all about handling a few rowdy Pokemon. A real test of patience, sometimes! But, uh," Ruby paused, trying to find the politest way to ask. After all, she had already introduced herself. "May I ask your name? I was just realizing I know more about your pokemon's names than your own!"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 19:50:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Ohmygosh... you're right!"

Francie had raised her hand to her mouth in shock before laughing, and giving a polite smile and wave.

"I'm Francie Myrtle! Petalburg City's new gym leader."

She glances over and sighs, returning all but Lincoln, who'd decided to give upon doing anything but whining until his not-brother-brothers left him be.

"C'mere Lincoln."

He quickly obeyed, making his way over and plopping down to lick and nurse his wounds in the process. Francie gave his head a pat or three before smiling up at the girl.

"And you?"

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#DEA02C!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 10:46:57 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at her reaction. Such genuine shock, followed by a laugh of her own. She certainly seemed a pleasant person to be around, that was for sure. However, at the mention that she was the gym leader for Petalburg City, Ruby's eyes opened up a bit wider. Looked like they were getting new Gym Leaders all the time. To be fair, it was certainly a difficult position to run.

As Ruby was asked to introduce herself, she simply giggled once again. She already had introduced herself! But there was no shame in repeating herself. Francie seemed to be a bit scatterbrained today, and to be fair she didn't blame them. It wasn't as if she expected to meet someone new just going hiking, anyways. "The name's Ruby Walker, a pleasure to meet you!"

Pulling out her water bottle again, Ruby took a quick drink of water before speaking again. "I'll have to remember to make the journey to Petalburg someday! I've been making my way across the region, getting gym badges as I go! Got a good bit of them too."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 1:53:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie's eyes were wide as she heard the name and remembered that she had definitely just heard it. A moment was spared to give the girl a thankful smile, since she'd been a bit distracted by her pokemon and her thoughts to realize that there had been an introduction.

"Ruby Walker. I won't forget it this time!"

Francie reassures her with a grin before giving a thumbs up. It won't be the last time that the two have met, and Francie's stoked about it. She then nods toward the cliff.

"Let's get you up this mountain, eh? Slowly, but surely. We'll make it together, and then maybe we can grab a bite! Climbing'll definitely make you hungry."

- post 5/5

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#DEA02C!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]