treasure hunting! [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 18:53:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie clapped her hands in excitement as she slid off of Tilly and onto the beach. She immediately tossed out her three lycanrocs, allowing the boys to get comfortable on the beach. Lyonel started rolling in the sand immediately before laughing nearly like a hyena before Lincoln tackled him and they started play fighting-- again.

"Look at this place! It's absolutely gorgeous."

Turning back to see Matthew looking at the map they'd been given skeptically, she put her hands on her hips and huffed.

"I'm telling you! I trust that the map's legit! I'm sure there's something around here that's of value! We'll find it, no worries. I'm confident!"

The 'deserted island' was very small, but that was a good thing. They'd be able to cover the grounds in a week for sure! Looking for... treasure!!

"Can you imagine?? What we find might have actually belonged to, like, a real life pirate or something!!!"

Francie flailed her arms in excitement while Louie moved over to Matthew to take a seat and looked at his trainer like she was insane. Which, she might have been, but she was his, so.

@matthew - deserted island mission

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 19:12:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Matthew hangs back after dismounting Tilly, eyes scanning the map over and over. He's trying to make sense of the vague creases that look like pathways, the dog slobber, the corner that had been chewed off by.. puppy teeth?[break][break]

And yet Francie puts complete faith in the directions the map gives them despite the look of horror on Matt's face. [break][break]

It doesn't stay for long, however, especially not given the flailing of excitement and the carefreeness of his partner. While he stressed about the little things and staying on target and performing perfectly - Francie just lived in the moment.[break][break]

"Well... if you're confident, Fran, then how can I possibly doubt?"[break][break]

He chuckles, but resumes looking at the map with renewed fervor. Despite wanting to enjoy the moment as Francie did, he couldn't shake the impossible feeling of needing to complete this task regardless. He was in work mode.[break][break]

Francie mentions a 'real-life pirate', warranting a chuckle and a head shake of amusement. She probably wasn't far off with her assumption, but the idea was still pretty wild. [break][break]

Absently, as Louie moves over to join him and stare at Francie, Matthew's hand reaches down blindly to search for and pat the Lycanroc's head. Further up the beach, with Francie, Matt's Rockruff puppy weaves in and out of her heels. He's not trying to trip her, but he's not exactly careful.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 19:32:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Oh there are loads of ways, Matthew. I think you come up with a new way to doubt optimism with every passing breath."

The tease is given with such a kind and bright smile that Francie doesn't think twice about the fact that it was, in fact, a third degree burn. Though karma pays her back, for right as she went to take a step forward she nearly stepped on the rockruff at her feet and to avoid stepping on him she ended up falling backwards instead, butt on the sand.

Each and every one of her lycanrocs perked up and Tilly, the aerodactyl that had been sniffing about, gave a screech at the rockruff to pay more attention.

"I'm okay! I'm okay!"

Francie laughed before looking to the rockruff with a small smile.

"You're as much a trouble maker as Lyonel."

If a lycanroc could bark out a laugh, Lincoln had, at Lyonel, who was making quite the embarrassed face.

@matthew - deserted island mission

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 19:39:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

He blushes deeply at her third-degree burn. There's an indignant expression on his face, mouth opening and closing as he tries to find something to say, some sort of retort. But nothing comes because he's never been cross with a woman before. And the smile on her face is so damn endearing that he opts to believe she didn't really mean it in the harsh way it was construed.[break][break]

Instead, Matt glances away and hides his face behind the paper map. He flips the corner of it down, however, eyebrows rising into his hair as she yelps and falls. The Rockruff is all over her at once, smothering her in kisses and tail wags and pointy stones in his fur.[break][break]

The puppy doesn't even react when the Aerodactyl screeches at him. He's a puppy, and puppy don't listen to anyone.[break][break]

Matthew hurriedly makes his way over to pull her up out of the sand, hesitantly awkwardly in case she had either already gotten up herself, or didn't want his help at all.[break][break]

"I'm sorry, miss Myrtle. I've ahh.. I've never raised a puppy before. He's more of a handful than I anticipated."[break][break]

He folds up the map in favor of giving the woman his full attention, and his hand if she took it to pull herself up with.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 19:46:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]As Matthew makes his way over, Francie gives Tilly an eye, which Tilly snorts at before making her way over with Matthew, though she keeps a distance because she's learned he doesn't like her much. Which is just fine with her, she doesn't much like him either.

"Thank you, Matthew."

Francie offers her gratitude while taking the hand Matthew offered and standing to her feet while letting the pup bounce around her. Tilly shifts to lay down in such a way that her hard scaly tail is in the pup's view, and like a good momma dino, she twitches it in an effort to entice the pup over to her.

"Rockruffs are pretty bad because of their constant state of having too much energy. It'd take moving a mountain to wear them out, it feels like. It's why I took to teaching them how to hike, rock climb, if you will. It helped to wear them out pretty quickly. But! I mean, look there. All he really wants is something to play with until he passes out."

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 19:57:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

The map is tucked into his back pocket as he focuses on pulling her out of the sand. She thanks him and he nods with an awkward clear of his throat. Mostly because he can feel Tilly watching him and the dinosaur really gives him the creeps. Not because she's creepy or anything, but because he feels like she's always judging him.[break][break]

Understandable, really.[break][break]

With Francie back on her feet the pup is left without an immediate eye-level plaything. It makes sense that he immediately takes to the twitching tail in his peripheral, and he joyously pounces on it with fervor and sharp baby teeth. He's easily distracted and excitable.[break][break]

Matt sighs at the sight, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly. He was bound to leave a bald path there if he didn't stop his worrying.[break][break]

"I just worry I'm letting him down, that he'd been better off in the safari zone with the rest of his pals."[break][break]

He shakes his head as if trying to dismiss the thought. Self-doubt was dangerous, and he needed to clear his mind of it. Rangers often picked specific partners to take on assignments with. While Romeo was certainly helpful, he was a bit lazier than one might prefer from a Ranger's companion.[break][break]

"Maybe I'll have to take him hiking more often. I've never really been much for rock climbing, per se, but it doesn't hurt to try something new."[break][break]

The stress lines in his forehead smooth out as he watches the pup wrestle and play with Tilly's tail. As much as he'd hate to admit it, it's pretty cute. And he'd only hate to admit it because he's a guy and tough guys don't show emotion for cute things. Or something.[break][break]

"I also haven't, ahh... named him yet. Nothing seems to have stuck. People say that Pokemon pick their names, it's supposed to be magical or something. This guy doesn't seem to care about much of anything I have to say."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 21:06:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Seeing that self doubt had surprised Francie. She knew what it was like to doubt one's self, all to much, and because of that she quickly decided that the subject needed changed! Oh, but Matthew took care of that well enough.

"A name... huh?"

Bringing her hand up to her chin, Francie taps at her chin in mild thought.

"I mean, I named my rockruffs after my grandfather, Louie Lyonel Lincoln the fifth."

Glancing to Matthew, Francie shrugged her shoulder and gave his back a friendly pat.

"Don't worry! I'm sure you'll find it soon enough! Names aren't so bad. I mean, I say that, but I usually just say whatever name comes to mind when I look at a pokemon. Like Tilly, the second I saw her fossil I knew she was a Tilly. And then there's Nicky, my onix. Started out as Nicolas and got too long."

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 21:40:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Matthew studies her expression for a moment, the way her fingers curl at her chin, the thoughtful look in her eye. It's charming.[break][break]

"He must have been a great man."[break][break]

He smiles softly, a slight tilt to his head. Of course, that smile soon turns to surprise at the back pat. It still caught him off guard how friendly she was. He was relieved, of course, but it was not the image he had ever assumed for a gym leader. Perhaps he was too much of a hardass.[break][break]

"Tilly and Nicky are both nice names."[break][break]

But they're getting off-topic. He thumbs his pocket for the map once again, unfurling it in his hands and gesturing for her to come look at it.[break][break]

"Where do you think you'd like to start? You're the expert here, after all."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 21:59:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"E-expert?"

Though she disagrees, shaking her head to prove as much, she does move over to him to look the map over. Tilly gnaws at the puppy and plays with him while snickering at how feisty he is in the background.

"Mmm... well, here would be a good place for camping for today, and we can scour the beach for now."

Looking up from the map, her eyes fall on her lycanrocs, who are already sniffing and digging about and rolling int he sand and ... Lyonel's napping, which makes sense.

"Ready?"

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 22:14:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

He can't help but chuckle a bit under his breath at her.. dare he say.. bashful reaction? She shakes her head to disagree with him and he doesn't push the subject. However, out of the two of them, Francie Myrtle, gym leader of Petalburg town is almost certainly more qualified for treasure hunting expeditions than he is.[break][break]

Matthew's never actually gone cave plundering or deserted island scouring - not unless there were endangered Pokemon involved. He tended to stick with the more dangerous approach, like forest fires and hurricanes and stuff.[break][break]

There is a moment of pause, however brief, when Francie mentions 'for today', implying they would be here more than just one day. He had suspected as much, sort of. But that begged questions he wasn't sure he wanted to ask. [break][break]

She loses focus on the map, suggesting they camp here for today and just scour the beach. He can work with that.[break][break]

Tucking the map away again, his attention, glued to her for a moment, shifts to the woman's Lycanroc as they sniff and dig and explore on their own.[break][break]

Rockruff has since taken to mimicking his evolved companions, proudly wagging his tail and delivering them random sticks or shells or rocks he's found.[break][break]

"Ready."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 22:34:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]As they searched the beach that day, it really zig-zagged between playing in the sand, finishing the beach scour, moving locations a bit into the forest, fighting off the few wild pokemon that were around, and then finally finding a place to set up a fire.

Tilly had been returned to her ball and now only Lyonel remained at her side. Louie and Lincoln preferred to sleep when the sun went down and Lyonel thrived in the night time. He was far more relaxed and tended to gaze at the moon.

Francie sat near the fire, stirring what she'd brought for them to have for dinner. A curry. They'd been so busy, there hadn't been much time for talking. But now they were camped and the area was 'secure' and so she felt, they had the time finally.

"So, would it be super invasive to ask which region you're from?"

She really just needed some form of conversation or she was going to start counting her dead ends.

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 22:40:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

When they end the day, they end the day tired and hungry. The man is more than grateful for a warm curry by a fire just as the sun was going down. It was actually surprisingly peaceful, even if the thought of wild Pokemon jumping their makeshift camp in the dead of the night wasn't intimidating.[break][break]

One glance at the moon-gazing midnight-form Lycanroc is reassuring enough. The beast was scary in a way just as he was. [break][break]

Matt is lost in thought thinking about the early morning tomorrow when Francie breaks his concentration.[break][break]

"Hmm?" the noise he makes is reactive - he had heard, he was just processing. "Oh, I was born in Hoenn. Mauville city, actually."[break][break]

In a way he sort of looked like a city kid if you took away the eye patch and maybe styled his hair more professionally. He looked the type to work a desk job if he wanted to.[break][break]

"I take it you're not from Hoenn, then?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 23:12:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie's smile is fond as she recalls Mauville. When she first came around, there was a man named @scott who was the gym leader. Now it was , and Francie couldn't help but be excited. She couldn't wait for their schedules to clear up so they could reconnect.

"No, I'm from Kanto. A little place called Neon Town. It's not very well known, but, I loved the mountains."

Without much thought, she's putting the curry in small little makeshift bowls she made out of some pamtre berries they found on the palm trees nearby.

"I just wasn't sure if you were a local or not, that's all. The more you know, right?"

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 23:30:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Matt has never been good at reading faces, so he watches her idly as she muses over something he doesn't see. Mauville had been nothing special to him - he had never even met , even. The minute he had been old enough to spread his wings, he had been forcefully enrolled in the Ranger academy training for his lifelong commitment: upholding the Griffiths family name.[break][break]

The thought sours his mood slightly.[break][break]

"I've never been. To Neon town, I mean. I've visited Kanto a few times - for work."[break][break]

But for the most part his place was here in Hoenn. Kanto had their own problems and their own Rangers to solve them, after all.[break][break]

He watches as she handles the curry, pouring into makeshift bowls. He muses over her creativity and survival skills.[break][break]

"Of course. I don't mind questions, miss-- Francie. Ask anything you'd like."[break][break]

Because he gets the sense she's worried she's overstepped. She couldn't possibly.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 0:11:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The thought of him having visited Kanto for work causes her mind to circle around a few times. She wondered if he was on the roster for the rangers sent from Hoenn to Kanto to help train new recruits. She didn't remember seeing him there, but she'd been in Johto by the time Hoenn had sent help to Kanto back then.

"Alright, well, if you don't mind questions," she holds out his curry and the makeshift folding spork she's taken out of her pack for him to eat it with. "How about... favorites! Like, color, and pokemon, and vacation spot or something."

She began making herself a bowl.

"I can even give mine after your answer, if you'd like."

@matthew