treasure hunting! [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 0:45:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

The moment she's lost in thought, Matt glances away. The last thing he needed was for her to train her attention back on him and think he had been staring the entire time.[break][break]

She was.. incredibly captivating - both in the good looks department and in personality. But he knew better than to make any implication toward embarrassing himself. He had been there, done that. It wasn't fun.[break][break]

But she seems to take his offer to heart and the man finds himself blushing with surprise. Francie offers him a bowl and he takes it delicately, cradling it with one hand while breathing in the aromatic smells.[break][break]

He's blushing because no one's really asked him questions of that caliber. Or.. maybe they have, but he hadn't bothered giving them the time of day. He'd always been terrible with relationships and communication. It had been a sore spot in his life even with family. [break][break]
But she really seems to be listening, so he gives it a shot.[break][break]

"I suppose.. yellow, maybe? The colour of wheat, the sun.. flowers, sometimes. It's a nice colour I think."[break][break]

He muses a while longer, unsure what to say in regard to favorite Pokemon.[break][break]

"I'm not sure I really have a favourite Pokemon, per se," he says this as he scratches the back of his neck. "But if I had to choose, I'd choose Romeo - my Ludicolo. He's been with me the longest."[break][break]

The temptation to eat is grand and he blows on the curry. It tastes better when the temperature of the bowl wasn't burning your tastebuds clean off.[break][break]

"And I've never really been on vacation. My family didn't believe in it."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 1:03:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The color yellow reminds her of many things, though not along the same thought process of Matthew. It reminds her of the color of his eyes, the most recent thing she'd noticed was a good yellow. Because sometimes, there are bad yellows. Her own eyes and hair come to mind, along with the color of a shieldon's body, and the small circles on sudowoodos and bonsleys.

The fact that a ludicolo is his favorite has her smiling in delight, but then he mentions that his family doesn't believe in vacation and she's confused.

"W...why don't they believe in vacation? Like, are they just too busy??"

It's not unheard of. She imagines that a lot of busy higher ups wouldn't think of vacation. And maybe his family takes the ranger business very seriously. But ... none??

"So I guess this is kinda a vacation for you then, huh?"

@matthew

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 1:09:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

It didn't occur to him - and wouldn't until much later - that his own eyes were yellow, and that might have come across as very narcissistic.[break][break]

Instead, he's more preoccupied with being lost in thought, especially when she chooses to pursue the less entertaining question conversation thread. [break][break]

"Busy is the only word they know. Their idea of vacation is like.. stopping to tie your shoelace. And they frown on that, as well. You always have to look your best."[break][break]

He sounds sad at the same time annoyed. Matthew stirs his curry absently, clearly distracted.[break][break]

"This?"[break][break]

Matt blinks in surprise, unsure how to respond. He hadn't thought of this as a vacation, even though he had chosen to step away from ranger duties for a moment. Honestly, he considered this work - he was merely working as Francie's partner.[break][break]

"Ahh... no, honestly. Err-- well I guess I wouldn't know."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 1:22:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie munches on her curry while Matthew tries to figure out how to answer. Like he's not entirely sure he knows how to have these sorts of conversations. It was something Francie had assumed, and it was why she had asked if she could ask him personal questions before bombarding him with them.

But he had told her yes and so here she was, just letting the questions rip, and watching him with a content and fond smile as he stumbled around in an attempt to better understand himself.

"I'm sorry that you have so much pressure on you from your family. It sounds very uncomfortable and a little boring, to be frank."

A sip of her curry later and she continues.

"But I mean, maybe you should take a vacation. Granted, I feel like you're the type that needs a really detail itinerary so that you don't get bored or distracted and just, think about work the whole time."

@matthew

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 1:31:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

He is uncomfortable aware of how awkward he is, how slowly he responds, how much time it takes him to come up with an answer to mundane questions. It was just odd to him, to sit back and think about what he liked.[break][break]

It made him sad.[break][break]

But then she apologizes on his behalf, apologizes for his burden, and he straightens his shoulders and looks away.[break][break]

"Nevermind that, it wasn't my intention to burden you with such information."[break][break]

He remains quiet, however, when she encourages him to take a vacation. It stings to hear her mention a detailed itinerary - but she's right. Perhaps that's why it bothers him so much. For actively seeking to disregard his parents wishes for him, he was really good at doing exactly what they wanted.[break][break]

Instead, he sips at his curry.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 1:38:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Suddenly, Francie's the one with red on her cheeks. It's not that she's embarrassed at something he said, it's that she's a bit surprised by the fact that he's now acting like she's burdened by him.

"I'm the one who asked if I could get to know you better."

Her voice is timid, gentle, and calm. It's the exact opposite of her preferred type.

"Don't think you're burdening me, Matthew. I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable... we can, um, change the topic if you'd like."

She's finished with her curry and scoops some into her bowl, setting it down for Lyonel. He takes the bowl and sips at it like a fine wine, completely attentive to the fact that Francie's uneasy and ready to pounce on Matthew... if he has to and he hopes to the moon that he doesn't, cause, he's comfortable.

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 1:45:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Matthew stubbornly continues to look away or in the depth of his bowl, spooning mouthful after mouthful as a way of distracting himself. It's only when he glances back up at her that he does a double-take to see the redness in her cheeks. His own immediately flush with colour and he opens his mouth to speak.[break][break]

Nothing comes out, however, because he isn't good at this, whatever this is.[break][break]

In the meantime, Francie continues to put weight on his shoulders - and don't think he doesn't notice the way her Lycanroc has fixed his attention on him now. There's something spooky about the way his red eyes glow, and Matthew feels even more uncomfortable.[break][break]

"You said you'd answer the same questions you asked me. Lets... lets just do that, maybe. If you want."[break][break]

He finishes his bowl of curry and does the same as Francie - refills it for the pup's sake.[break][break]

The beasts tiny nose twitches him out of sleep and he drowsily trips into Matthew's lap. There's only a small portion, but he happily eats it up.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 1:53:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]There's a way that Lyonel tenses behind her that has Francie moving against him a bit more, within his comfortable and warm fur. It's only then that the lycanroc relaxes, since Francie herself relaxed as well. Felt a bit more safe.

"That's a good plan! And easy answers. Favorite color is blue. Favorite pokemon is rock type, because I can't make up my mind. I mean, obviously I'm a fan of the rockruff line, but, I also like eevees a whole lot too! I'm mad they don't have a rock type eeveelution, that's a bit lame."

Francie takes a moment to ponder that before continuing.

"My favorite vacations, are the little hikes that I take with the boys. Just me and them and usually mount Chimney."

If she were uneasy or felt bad for whatever burden it was Matthew was holding onto, shes completely shown otherwise in the twist of their conversational topic.

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 2:01:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

The exchange between werewolf and trainer is not missed, but Matt doesn't comment. It certainly does rub him the wrong way that he seems to give off such a threatening presence. But that thought is immediately squashed when he worries that perhaps Francie considers him threatening - or that he's making her uncomfortable in some way.[break][break]

Thankfully, Francie is willing to change the subject onto herself. Her answers come easily and without prior thought - as if they've been on the forefront of her mind all night. It's soothing in a way he can't quite put a finger on. She's something special and genuine.[break][break]

"I'm sure there is a rock type eeveelution, we just haven't discovered it yet. Probably too stealthy for us slow-minded humans."[break][break]

He chuckles, idly scratching at the now plump belly of a well-fed Rockruff puppy. The tiny ball of teeth and claws is sound asleep in his lap, snoring softly.[break][break]

"Mount Chimney is nice, I can see the appeal."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 2:16:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]And she's back to her usual peppy self, smiling as she listens and nodding with enthusiasm as he mentions mount Chimney.

"It's gorgeous during the winter, because although the mountain itself doesn't get any snow, you can see the rest of Hoenn covered in snow from one of the cliff sides and... it's stunning."

The memory of when she had climbed the mountain in the winter time has her smile becoming soft. She remembers the couple she had escorted up, now they purposed, how the man had purposed to his significant other, and the significant other hand accepted. Francie had even taken pictures for the couple.

"But, I mean, I know mountains and hiking aren't exactly everybody's jam. I'm a bit of an oddball when it comes to hobbies. Hiking and crossword puzzles make me happy enough of a camper."

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 2:25:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Matthew continues to chuckle quietly as she reminisces about her favourite time of year. He's taking mental notes even if he doesn't realize it. He almost seems wistful, as if he hadn't really cared enough to notice the beauty in things as she did. He had been up and down mount Chimney hundreds of times over the years.[break][break]

Perhaps living in the region helped blind you to the natural beauty, because it was the same thing you'd seen and experienced forever.[break][break]

"Have you ever been to Floaroma town in Sinnoh? I've heard that place is stunning, too. Probably only during spring and summer.. but."[break][break]

Francie goes on a slight tangent, however, and Matthew interjects without warning.[break][break]

"You're not an oddball, miss--- Francie. I for one also enjoy hiking."[break][break]

Though he had never really considered it a vacation or anything. His entire life centered around one goal to the next, even if that goal was hiking to the top.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 2:42:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]It's only then that it dawns on Francie that maybe he's uncomfortable because she's forcing him to do things and say things that he's not used to or doesn't want to. Like trying to not call her miss Myrtle.

While it grates on her, maybe it makes him uncomfortable.

"I haven't been to Floaroma. I was mostly in Lumiose when I was there. I traveled the region a bit previously, but never made it there."

The night wasn't going to get any younger, and because of that, Francie found herself yawning. She blinked her eyes a few times before refocusing on the fire. Maybe she'd done more than she realized that day.

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 2:50:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Matt had been raised a good boy, a stickler for formalities and titles. Perhaps a little too stuck to them. He was aware how uncomfortable it made Francie to be called anything but Francie, but he couldn't fathom referring to her as such. It seemed informal given her status, given their relationship.[break][break]

Unless he really was a fool.[break][break]

Whatever ill feelings there are are swept under the rug when she responds, however. It brings a warm smile to the man's face.[break][break]

"If you ever go back, you should visit it. I think you'd like it."[break][break]

His gaze drops with hers, though, as she stares into the fire with widened eyes. Like she's trying to stay awake and push away the yawn she had facilitated. He stifles his own in response, but peels his eyes away from her.[break][break]

"Perhaps we should pull a chapter from this guy's book," he gestures to the snoring puppy, "and start retiring to our quarters."[break][break]

Quarters? The moment he said such a dumb thing he felt his mouth go dry. Where did that even come from?

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 2:57:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Back to their... quarters? That sounded so formal and a little like he was confused the second it slipped from his mouth.

Because of that, Francie found herself biting her lip to fight a laugh. That sort of expression somebody tried to done when they don’t want to embarrass the individual they’re with.

To try and rescue the situation, Francie leans up a bit. The hum of bug types around them and the noise of the island don’t much bother her.

“I never mentioned before, and I feel bad for only just bringing it up, but, thanks for coming with me Matthew. This would have been a lot less fun without you.”

It is only then that she gets up and stretches, yawning once more. She ... finds that she doesn’t really want to sleep, but her body’s against her.

@matthew
Phone response so please excuse lack of icon

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 3:04:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

In the glow of the fire he can see her biting her lip and his cheeks flush with embarrassment. It's unlike him to feel so out of touch with himself and a conversation. He was normally confident, aggressive, pointed with his decisions and direction. But speaking with Francie was so unlike his work environment. He had no control over the situation.[break][break]

This was nothing like taking down a forest fire. Honestly, he felt like the forest fire this time.[break][break]

The background noise is nothing but white noise. This isn't the first time he's roughed it in the wild. Sometimes he preferred sleeping on stiff dirt and grass tucked away in a tent. It was good for your back, sometimes.[break][break]

But whatever attempt Matt makes at recovering his expression fails when Francie thanks him for coming. [break][break]

"O-of course. It's my pleasure to assist you, Francie."[break][break]

Because, after all, the original reason behind him agreeing to come with her was because he had assumed she was looking for protection or a ranger's field experience. It had never occurred to him until right now that she might have just wanted a friend. [break][break]

When she stands, he scoops the pup into his arms to stand up as well. Awkwardness and stiffness in his legs encourages him to hurry away to his 'quarters' before he embarrasses himself further.[break][break]

"Sleep well, Francie. We will speak in the morning."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay