treasure hunting! [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 3:10:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Matthew sighs, but there's a small smile on his face that expresses his amused relent to her excitement and encouragement. He didn't really have the heart to convince her otherwise, and, frankly, he wasn't even sure he could. She was adamant and brave - perhaps even braver than he.[break][break]

"No, no.. Well.. If we need to, yes. I trust you, Fran - let's go, c'mon. I'd hate to disappoint you."[break][break]

He chuckles, gesturing with his chin to let her take the lead. He falls in step next to her, mindful of space between their shoulders, offering her a shy glance every once in a while.[break][break]

It doesn't occur to him that his stubbornness may have been the reason the Oranguru hadn't really been able to get through to him. He wasn't as open or willing as Francie seemed to be, less eager to let some stranger probe his brain and his thoughts.[break][break]

Francie poses a question, however, and Matthew does little else but shrug his shoulders. [break][break]

"Dunno - never met one before. Most monkey's are just mindless shits though, so I'm not holding out hope."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 12:09:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie watched the ape before them snort, which had Francie smiling fondly. Fran.... Matthew had called her Fran. That was like, such a step forward for Matthew! And for like, for them!

"Technically he's an ape, because he doesn't have a tail, like monkeys."

Francie spouted the random fact she knew about not rock type pokemon as if she'd read it from a book, before turning to look at Matthew.

"But, don't hold out hope if you don't want. I mean, being a pessimistic realist is very charming."

Teases like that had become more common between the two of them. And with Matt, Francie felt herself being able to make such comments without feeling super awkward.

@matthew

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#DEA02C!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 2:49:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

An ape, right. He definitely should have known that given his career in wildlife - but he chalked it up to too much smoke inhalation and poisonous gases. He was definitely an 'out in the field' type of guy rather than a 'stick to the books'. He'd probably paid some pretty girl to write up his notes and help him pass his written exams, honestly.[break][break]

He'd been a gentleman, obviously, but he trusted girls more than boys to be smart when it came to the written information.[break][break]

"Charming?"[break][break]

Matthew can't help but chuckle awkwardly at her comment. He'd certainly never heard that one before. His pessimism, charming? Most people told him to go take a hike - and they weren't being nice about it.[break][break]

But he finds himself following her anyway, willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. If she believed the Oranguru had good intent, than so be it, it must. Who was he to know, really? [break][break]

"Well alright then. We'd better catch up with him."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 18:31:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie grinned and tugged Matt along with her toward the oranguru. When they approach, they're led to the small tribe of monkey like pokemon. Francie can remember the activities they have, and are portraying here, from her safari visit. She saw so many chimchars in her visit it had made her head spin.

But seeing them so free in the wild like this was beautiful and it had her smiling fondly, until her eyes fell on another oranguru. Female, and the male they had followed there sat behind her. She was struggling with... something. Francie immediately furrowed her brows.

The oranguru was sweating and feverish, looked very ill. Maybe even poisoned, not that Francie knew.

She turned to Matt and gave a pout.

"What do you think is wrong with her?"

@matthew

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#DEA02C!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 18:23:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Matthew is tugged along and he honestly harbors no complaint other than his gruff expression and his concern for the situation. In his experience, Pokemon hardly ever really asked for help in ways that were so obvious. In hindsight, he would wish that all Pokemon were so to the point and expressive in their desire - but it was still baffling in the moment.[break][break]

Perhaps it was a psychic-type thing. Too bad Juliet was such a self-entitled brat who liked to play mind-games. He had to blame his ex for that, he supposed. The two were like two peas in a pod.[break][break]

The man glances over the Chimchar that romp around in the grass. They take pause, watching the pair with caution. Someone drops a stick they're using to scratch their back with, eyes wide as they regard the humans. His Rockruff effectively ruins the serene mood by chasing after them to play. They scatter, running up the length of trees while the puppy Pokemon puts his paws on the trunk, disappointed.[break][break]

It's only when Francie asks him a question that he looks away and back to the -- wait there's two now? Are they multiplying?[break][break]

Except.. the one looks sick and his ranger instincts kick in and he blinks, expression turning more serious.[break][break]

"I think she's sick. Real sick."[break][break]

He carries a pack of ranger supplies. It's simple, but it carries a few essentials. He had left his more advanced kit back at camp, but what he had would do.[break][break]

In the meantime, Matthew begins to talk softly and approach with caution, oblivious to the fact that the Oranguru can read his thoughts or intentions and are literally letting him walk up without concern. They had been led here, after all.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 19:37:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie's eager to see Matthew at work. She doesn't speak really, doesn't want to startle anybody. Instead, she picks the rockruff up to chill him out and calm the tribe. If it goes to bit her, she's quick to grab his muzzle until he whines, before letting him go and whispering for him not to bite or she'd do it again. Then she picks up a decent rock, letting him chew on it in her arms like a bone if he stayed.

That's how she trained her puppies not to bite her, after all. 'Chew things, not Francies!' she used to tell them.

"Is she gonna be okay, Matt?"

The nickname might have slipped previously, but there's such a caution and worry in her tone... perhaps it's reflected emotions from the male oranguru, who is stroking his mate's head to tell her it'll be okay.

@matthew - i'm not crying ur crying

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 22:34:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

The Rockruff squirms only until she clamps her hand around his nose to scold him, and only then does he realize the severity of the situation and is able to read the room. He emits a quiet whine, ears flattening and tail tucking before he licks at her fingers.[break][break]

Matthew, on the other hand, wastes no time looking the Oranguru over for injuries. He finds an infected bite wound - though he can't discern what Pokemon it came from, other than the fact it was poisonous.[break][break]

The small dose of antidote is admitted in an attempt to counteract the poison, but his expression is pinched and severe. The Oranguru is in a bad way, and he's not one to pray for miracles. It is what it is, and all that.[break][break]

So when Francie asks him if the Pokemon would be alright he glances at her, unsure how to respond. [break][break]

"I'm doing my best, but I can't guarantee she'll recover. She needs food, water, and for me to flush the wound."[break][break]

He's already pouring his canteen of water into the wound, and then using whatever remained of his on-the-go alcohol to sterilize it. He manages to clear out most of the shit that poses a threat to infection, before spraying the area with disinfectant and antibiotics.[break][break]

He wipes sweat from his brow, exhausted.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 14:54:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie helps as much as she can. She manages to help the others bring food, and she boils water to make fresh clean water for the oranguru that's hurt. The whole while, the male goes with Francie, trusting Matthew with his mate because he knows this man is his best shot at her being healed-- and perhaps he only knows this because of his telepathic connection with Francie.

By evening, Francie's exhausted, but not showing it. Her eyes are a bit clouded over, she's watching a fire started by one of the chimchars and nursed by a primeape. Her eyelids are heavy. She'd done great at pretending she wasn't tired, but the oranguru had just passed through the worst of it, so they hoped, and would hopefully recover by morning.

Leaning Francie to feel comfortable enough that she wanted to pass out. But she also didn't want to just leave Matthew in the middle of the oranguru's tribe. Since he felt anxious about it.

"Did you want to head somewhere to make camp?"

Cue a yawn.

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 3:19:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Matthew is immensely grateful for Francie's unspoken assistance. He offers her only a few gruff words of advice or request, falling back on work habits of remaining impossibly focused and unfriendly - though it's not intentional.[break][break]

In the end, he is successful in stabilizing the Oranguru enough for her to recover throughout the night. Her condition would begin to improve by morning thanks to Francie's wonderful assortment of berries and access to water.[break][break]

Matt gets back to his feet, exhaustion weighing heavily on his shoulders as well as unexpected stress. He hadn't followed Francie with the expectation to nurse a Pokemon back from the brink of death. Maybe apply a bandaid to a scratch or help the woman with treasure-hunting, but definitely not an application of his ranger abilities without a ranger partner.[break][break]

It gives him a renewed appreciation for the woman in front of him, and that appreciation is reflected quite plainly in the way he looks at her once his dutiful and hyper-focused expression melts.[break][break]

"I should stay with the Oranguru in case her conditions worsens overnight. It shouldn't-- but I don't want to leave just yet."[break][break]

He furrows his brows, clearly distressed about leaving her alone if she intended on making camp. There's nothing nearby that can really help them and it's too far in the dead of night to brave finding their original camp - even with the help of Pokemon, likely.[break][break]

"Ahh.. I honestly figured I would just lay in the dirt by the fire and call it a night. I'm so tired I don't even care - it's tomorrow's problem."[break][break]

God, his back was going to hate him.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 17:23:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]With a yawn, Francie's head is nodding in agreement with Matthew's words. She blinks and rubs at her eyes, they're tired and they hurt. But she's not about to ignore Matthew. Nope, she's one hundred percent focused on the words coming out of his mouth.

"Okay, yes, I agree. Sleep now, move later."

Her words are slow to leave her mouth. Habit leads her to reaching for Lyonel's ball. The midnight lycanroc emerges and lays down in his own habit, laying down in the night time to admire the sun while Francie curls up in his fur.

A dangerous sort of look is given to Matthew before he smirks and nods for Matthew to join them. If, in fact, Matthew even gets that impression from the lycanroc's actions.

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 19:44:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Matthew stifles his own yawn in spite of Francie's. He is mildly amused by her head bobbing, though uncertain if she had really retained any of what he'd said. [break][break]

She mumbles an exhausted, choppy response and he chuckles quietly at how adorable it is before taking another look over the Oranguru's injuries. The beast is sound asleep and her breathing is steady. She'll be okay.[break][break]

When he turns back, however, fully prepared to stiff it out and sleep on the ground alone to give Francie her personal space, he's met with a grinning Lycanroc staring him down. It gives him a chill all the way down his spine and he isn't sure at all whether to stay where he is or come closer. It seemed to be inviting him to join them, but the dangerous look in its eye suggested he might lose a hand.[break][break]

So he picks his way slowly, a stressed and 'I'm gonna poop my pants' look on his face as he struggles to decide what it is the Lycanroc wants from him.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 19:56:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie's half asleep by this point, having no idea what her lycanroc is doing to poor Matthew.

But Lyonel? Wide awake and excited that he can make this guy so shifty. He doesn't bother to continue to be a super ass, instead lifting up and holding Francie who mumbles something before the midnight lycanroc looks to Matthew and nods at Francie as he lays her down.

He's snorting before taking up his spot in front of Francie, for her to snuggle against. Lyonel turns, eyes Matthew, points at the spot he'd left behind Francie, and then snorts.

It's easily translated as, 'snuggle her, motherfucker.'

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 20:01:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

He's practically sweating buckets, unsure whether to advance or back off. [break][break]

But then the Lycanroc gets up and disturbs Francie and, even though its dark and she can't see and she's probably not even awake enough to notice him hovering, his face is flushed deep red. This was so awkward. It was awkward, right? This kind of stuff didn't normally happen.[break][break]

Why was he being so weird? Had it been anyone else in a similar situation he likely would have slept next to them without overthinking it. But with Francie? He's overthinking it.[break][break]

Matthew gets the message, however, when the Lycanroc shifts positions to allow Francie to snuggle him instead, leaving a warm spot for Matthew to take up residency in. He swallows his weird and does as he's told, shuffling in next to Francie and trying really hard not to think about how nice her hair smells.[break][break]

But he doesn't really know what to do with his arm, so he just makes sure he's offering her his warmth without actually like.. bearhugging her.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 15:24:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie's not sure what really happened, only that she's snuggling a lycanroc and she's feeling warmth all around her. She does, however, recognize that a smell that's not her lycanroc drifts close. But she's not awake enough to investigate and instead, she's lulled to sleep by comforts.

Lyonel, however, is the one who snickers before laying comfortably and without movement. If he moves and wakes her, she might be angry with him. Or worse, she'll be awake the whole night and it'll be annoyingly awkward the whole night. Better they sleep of the fatigue and decide something in the morning time.

By the time the sun is raising, Francie's eyes are peeling open. She doesn't move right away, only laying there within the warmth of two beings... and then it hits her. Two beings? She shifts slowly, rolling onto her other side and ignoring how her back cracks. She assumes what's to meet her is one of her other lycanroc's who'd come out for snuggles but-- nope.

It's a Matthew.

Cue Francie's blush, cause, um, oops... she was now paranoid she'd disturbed his sleep! What if he woke up and saw her?!

She's beat red, her face is scrunched and crimped, and she's not quite sure how to register all of her emotions so there's a small squeak that leaves her.

And damn Lyonel for snicker behind her.

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treasure hunting! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 3:30:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Matthew's sleep is fitful at first, his body tense as he huddles close to her. However, come morning, he is relaxed and in a deep sleep. When Francie begins to shift awake he is unwilling to part with his warm companion, unconsciously shifting to tuck her closer to him.[break][break]

Little does he know how awkward that would be when he wakes up.[break][break]

But the woman's breath tickles his face and he slowly awakens, only to see Francie's face staring back at him. His own face flushes to match the colour of hers and he automatically let's go of her, pulling away and sitting upright and facing away from her.[break][break]

"My apologies, Francie. That was inappropriate of me. Your Lycanroc, he--"[break][break]

He stops himself short when the Pokemon snickers. But also because he's painfully aware of how farfetch'd a story it is. He wouldn't have believed it himself despite having lived it.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay