awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Night at the Museum [Mission]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 3:57:38 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
It was a nice night for a party. The Slateport Oceanic Museum was opening a new exhibit on fossil pokemon, and the city was throwing a gala to celebrate. The museum was packed with wealthy investors and oceanic researchers clambering to catch a glimpse at the fossils on display. Apparently they were newly discovered from the Galar region, and thus the attendees were especially abuzz with delight.

Oscar stood among them, casually eating shrimp while waiting in line to see the fossils. Rocket had gotten him in for one purpose, to steal the display. Not an entirely impossible task, but much harder to do during a fucking party. Apparently the fossils were kept in a vault when the museum was closed, so now was the best time to take them. Oscar still thought it would be better to wait for a less busy time, but whatever the bosses say goes.

Luckily he wasn’t alone in this, he was given a partner to complete the task with. Oscar was to scout the situation ahead of time, his partner was to arrive later to bring supplies for the heist and see it through. As the party got into full swing, Oscar got a bit antsy. Being around all these rich people was starting to give him a migraine, the stench of their haughtiness was palpable. Their nasally rich tones began to make Oscar nauseous, so he started to review the information from the briefing to keep himself focused.

The fossils were kept in their own room behind bullet-proof glass with a single attendant watching over it. Oscar had no doubt the room was filled with cameras as well, either Rocket thought this would be easier than it seemed or they had way too much faith in Oscar’s ability as a thief. He decided to check in on his partner’s status, he was to arrive soon to begin the heist proper. Oscar communicated with him through his pokenav, “Hey man you gotta get to this party, it’s really getting hopping. It's almost my turn to see the fossils.” Oscar tried his best not to seem sarcastic, a daunting task given his current mood.

@eugene  
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2020 1:25:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The names' Noface...I prefer this versus being called simple things such as man....But, I won't harp too much partner, Oscar was it?

I have eyes on the prize, my electronic device has been hacked into the security system, all camera feeds are accessible...I have an EMP file ready to be uploaded to shut them all down when necessary...They have bullet proof glass in some areas, but blue prints have shown me that the area you're in is pretty free of such barriers.

I have plenty of supremely powerful tranquilizers ready, one shot and the targets will drop almost immediately and for some time.

And finally, I actually placed the supplies in a package, paid off a Janitor to keep it in a nearby closet, it's unlocked and you'll find the supplies in a black duffel bag.

I'll be playing distraction of course, my Pokemon are standing by outside of the museum along the perimeter awaiting orders.

This should be straight forward and easy, but maybe we can still have some fun.

He sure was a chatty bastard.

I thought I'd surprise you with the activation of the plan, but I'll let you decide when we initiate it....

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2020 18:20:07 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Well, it would seem as if his partner "Noface" was rather on top of things. That was very encouraging, maybe it would actually be possible to get this done. Oscar was mostly just glad he didn't have to wait in line anymore. He forfeited his spot and went to look for that duffel bag.

He had some trouble finding a closet, until he realized it was probably near the elevators or something. Somewhere out of the way as not to disturb guests. There was a hall in the main exhibit room that lead to an elevator to the second floor. He decided to check there. Inexplicable closet next to the elevator labelled 'employees only'? Yeah that checked out. Oscar tried the door, sure enough it was unlocked. He made sure no one was looking his way before sliding inside. 

The closet was full of cleaning supplies and boxes, and on top of one stack was the black duffel bag. Oscar pulled it down and peered inside, Noface really pulled through. A tranquilizer gun with five shots, some rope, glass cutters, gloves, smoke grenades, a gas mask, and a multi-pocket tool. Oscar loaded up, hiding what could fit in his blazer or on his belt and equipping the gloves and gas mask. He adjusted his tie and communicated with Noface, "I'm all set, start the distraction and I'll slip into the exhibit room. Go as big as you want, need all eyes on you."

@eugene
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 22:58:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Taking a long pull from his spliff of rose hips and herbs Noface would nod in compliance, to no one in particular [as he was the only one in the area], as his partner confirmed that the plan was ready to be enacted.

It was time indeed.

Roger, roger.

Clkkkk.

Pulling the trigger on his "high powered" tranquilizer rifle Noface would fire his first shot, taking out one of the guards at the front of the museum, a second click sound confirming that the second guard would fall too. With these two out of the way it was time to really get the show going.

Lycanruff use Accelerock, bust through the museum's wall as we planned.

Lycanroc you'll be up next, you know the combo!

In the next few moments Lycanruff, Eugene's Midday Form Lycanroc, would begin to glow before it charged forward to blitz the museum's side outright. In this it'd knock a hole right through the place, sliding to a halt within the room of now terrified guests, it's teeth gnashing at the air viciously in the meantime as the smoke and debris floated about. Meanwhile outside Lycanroc, Eugene's Midnight Form Lycanroc, would use Stone Edge by summoning forth several chunks of stone sent around from Lycanruff's Accelerock move. Glowing blue before spinning around Lycanroc rapidly the Pokemon would then send them into the museum wall, though instead of returning them to where they belong he'd instead target various other locations to conjure up more damage.

Creating many smaller holes, one would be large enough for Lycanroc to leap high up to and climb through while preforming Double Team in tandem. With the smoke clearing and Lycanroc appearing as many more than itself he'd lead the charge of his after images until he too stood beside Lycanruff, teeth chomping at the air in sinister fashion.

Good, good...

From his vantage point Noface was then able to fire a few more tranquilizers through the new openings in the museum's wall hitting more individuals before his sights then diverted to rushing guards nearby a glass perimeter. Taking them out next Noface would then be forced to reload his gun, leaving the rest up to his Pokemon in the meantime.

Distraction underway Oscar, you're all set.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 19:12:27 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
As Oscar heard a cacophonous chorus of noises from within the museum, he couldn't help but sweat a bit. This guy meant business, Oscar hadn't had such a set up since his days in Alola. Oscar hoped he could complete his side of the job before the police showed up. When given the cue, Oscar took a deep breath before exiting the closet. 

The museum was in an uproar. The rich attendees were basically trampling over themselves to escape what seemed to be an army of lycanrocs. Oscar tried not to get distracted, but he too felt a twinge of intimidation as he looked upon the vicious pack. Oscar stormed toward the exhibit, knocking over anyone that got in his way. Noface was taking care of most of the security guards heading for the exhibit room, but the few that made it were trying their best to close the doors. Oscar couldn't let that happen.

He pulled out a smoke grenade and chucked it inside. It smacked against a guard's head before popping and filling the exhibit room with smoke. Oscar charged in, darting the two guards that tried to shut him out (the one hit with the grenade was already half unconscious so it might have been a waste of a dart). A third guard stood in front of the display itself, coughing as he pulled out a pokeball. 

Oscar darted the man as quickly as he could, but it was too late. The man had opened the ball as the dart his his neck, and as he fell an Aggron emerged. Oscar's shoulders sunk, he couldn't dart that. He pulled out his own ball and released Grievous the Blaziken. The aggron roared and wasted no time in charging. Oscar snapped his fingers, "Kick it until it stops moving!" Grievous nodded and met the aggron in battle, side stepping to deliver a Blaze Kick to its side. While Grievous grappled with his foe, Oscar closed the doors to the exhibit.

@eugene
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 23:18:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar

It was time, they were on time.

As the thought crossed Eugene's mind so did the police cars and motorcycles begin to cross his line of sight. Eventually taking back to peering through his rifle's scope the Rocketeer would await for what he would happen next. Next, the officers would of course begin to summon a few of their Pokemon allies to assist with the task at hand, this of course triggering Eugene to open fire, first hitting two seperate officers with darts before then taking down their respective Pokemon, a Growlithe and a Machoke.

But, it was now time for his own Pokemon ally to have some fun instead of just causing a ruckus in the museum.

Lycanroc, time for the intercept.

Come in hot!

As an Arcanine and another Machoke took to the scene from the police officer's side so would Lycanroc appear by kicking off one of the museum's main front doors, leaving the lone door to his left then. Charging head on into the fray he'd openly meet the Arcanine and Machoke in direct combat, glowing red as the latter two attacked with Extreme Speed as well as a Dynamic Punch respectively. Yet, where as normally Lycanroc would've been sent reeling from the combo maneuver, this time it did not due to it's prepared Counter technique. 

Having it's right paw open and pushing back against the running in place Arcanine and it's left paw open holding back the punching Machoke, Lycanroc would eventually/effectively counter the pair. First, clenching down onto Machoke's fist and throwing him overhead he'd send the Fighting-Type directly into the side of the museum's rooftop. Secondly, Lycanroc would then slam Arcanine jaw first into the ground they both stood upon, knocking it out in the one move.

The power of a focused Lycanroc using Counter, it was extraordinary.

With all of the backup's eyes on Eugene's Pokemon, as well as his other keeping the museum's occupants busy Oscar was free to continue on.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 1:15:13 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar could hear the police cars outside of the building approaching. He hoped Noface could handle the onslaught. Oscar gingerly stepped past the fray between Grievous and Aggron. There simply wasn't enough time to wait until the fight was done. The aggron noticed Oscar slip past and attempted to intercept, however it was not quick enough to escape the wrath of Grievous. 

Grievous easily stepped in front of the behemoth to deliver another swift Blaze Kick to its opponent's gut. The aggron staggered, the blaziken was a much more challenging opponent then it had anticipated. Meanwhile Oscar was starting his assault upon the display glass. He took out the glass cutter and began to carefully create a circle big enough for his torso to fit through. This effort was fruitless as Grievous would soon smash right through the glass beside him, having taken a direct hit from the aggron's Iron Tail.

Oscar shuttered as he reeled from shock, glass bouncing off the goggles of his gas mask. "Fucking shit on a dick would you be more careful!?" Grievous leered at his master as he shakily stood up. Oscar motioned toward the aggron, "Stop pissing around finish and that thing! What are you waiting for, its permission?" Grievous sighed before jumping onto the wall and propelling himself forward. The might of his leg muscles shot him off like a rocket, shifting his legs in mid air to create a High-Jump Kick

The aggron charged at Grievous and the two collided. Luckily Grievous had the type advantage and the kick's impact sent ripples across the aggron's steel hide. Grievous jumped off the aggron and landed gracefully on his feet, while the aggron buckled. Grievous began to deliver a series of Blaze Kicks to finish off the brute, while Oscar grabbed every fossil in the display and stuffed them into the duffel bag. 

While Oscar completed his end of the job, he communicated with Noface, "Almost finished, hold them off for just a bit longer. We should be exiting soon."

@eugene
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 0:53:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Listening in on security radio feedback gifted Eugene with all the knowledge he needed about his partner's doings on the inside of the museum, leaving Noface to purely focus on his efforts outside. Meanwhile Lycanruff patrolled the main lobby of the museum even.

With Police by now taking defensive positions in the street via their cars and bikes, or hedges and trees, etc. while also producing returning fire as well Eugene indeed needed to focus.

Rubber and wooden bullets being fired at him as he continued his barrage of tranquil darts Eugene would aim for quality shots over quantity, the latter being the officer's path. Lycanroc would continue to battle the Pokemon the Police produced, one after another they'd fall to the werewolf's prowess though his stamina was beginning to visibly wane slowly, but surely. If this happened Eugene would merely need to call for Lycanruff's help, though he didn't want to step on his Midnight Pokemon's toes.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 4:29:26 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
With his duffel bag full, Oscar zipped it up and turned to leave. Just in time to witness Grievous deliver one last Blaze Kick To the face of the Aggron. The Aggron's legs buckled, and it slammed into the wall unconscious. Oscar gave a quick salute to his loyal pokemon, "Done good kid let's roll out." Grievous nodded, and the two exited the exhibit.

The museum was in chaos, No Face was keeping the police locked down but it was clear that the onslaught was going on for a while. Best not linger, lest they break through No Face's defences. Oscar spoke into the earpiece once more, "Heading out through the back door, feel free to finish up as you see fit. Mission accomplished, don't worry about me I got a ride." Oscar turned to run, pulling out Grievous's pokeball. Before he bolted though, he pointed to a display nearby. "Grab that."

Within the case was an amber, he was 90% sure would get a kick out of it. Grievous smashed through the glass and threw the amber to Oscar. Oscar caught it, and after returning Grievous to his ball he stuffed the amber in his pocket. Oscar then made his way to the emergency exit near the back of the main display hall and backed out of it.

The exit lead into an alleyway, which Oscar ran down as he pulled out another pokeball. He opened it, releasing his Yanmega Xyler. Oscar mounted the massive dragon fly and took to the sky. He circled around the top of the museum, and pointed to the remaining entrenched police officers. "Ancient Power, right there." Massive rocks erupted from behind the officers, and before they could react those same rocks would slam into them. Hopefully that allowed No Face some room to escape. "See ya back at base.

With that Oscar flew into the horizon. 

@eugene
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 12:08:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The job was done and it was time to head out.

This was first visibly confirmed during the display of Oscar's own Pokemon no doubt, then vocally confirmed as Oscar himself spoke over their com link. With this Eugene would be swift, descending from his rooftop perch via a fire escape. Commanding Lycanruff to meet them out front then Eugene would begin to physical dispose of the remaining officers via karate kicks, punches, etc. as well as Judo maneuvers to momentarily deal with the Police. Returning both Lycanroc and Lycanruff Eugene would be agile in his exit as to ensure he wasn't tazed nor shot in the back while attempting to flee.

In this regard the Rocketeer was often reminded that he lacked a Flying-Pokemon, he could really benefit from one as time had shown him over and over again.

/exit