slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
sticky flower
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2020 4:17:31 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
The serene scene of an environment made suitable by careful hands sits before the man, an unnatural formation of rocks set into an arrangement suitable for seating; tucked away neatly within an alcove. The canopy of leaves sprinkled down light, setting a mood of relaxation over the area, Kim leaning himself up against the armrest of the makeshift stone sofa- a mossy coating making it more comfortable to lie upon.

After properly settling in, remaining silent for a few moments to take in his surroundings, he finally gives a deep sigh, an, “okay.” sounding from him before taking out his phone and tapping away at the screen, sending a single message.

Come through.

And with that, he sets his phone to the side, a Kirlia teleporting in with an assortment of snacks in tow, placing them nearby on the ground before blinking away one final time.

At least now if the one he had pinged didn’t show up he’d get to enjoy the snacks by his lonesome.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
sticky flower
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2020 16:38:18 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait tentatively poked her head in, her verdant gaze sweeping across the alcove and its vibrant interior prior to her making a full entrance. she was garbed in her traditional dress, the powder blue material hugging her figure in its usual way.

"kim!"

she appeared to be in possession of a hand-woven basket, the carrier stuffed with edibles and gifts she happily bore for her friend. 

'its been a while since we were able to do this.'

things had picked up as of late, her city demanding a bit more form her - her personal hours trimmed down by a sizable amount within the last few months.

"
i come bearing gifts.

at her heels was a small ponyta foal and an even snaller skowvet whom latched onto its back. 

"
and babes as well," she added, jokingly. "i hope you don't mind. it's their first time outside of the gym.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
sticky flower
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 1:20:05 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim lays casually on the rocky surface, a propped elbow setting his hand onto his cheek- holding his head up- as he turned to Cait, a delighted smile spreading across his lips as he looked to her. She spoke gleefully, two pokemon to her side as she neared, explaining herself in a pleasant tone.

The more the merrier… unless they need to be watched, then that’s a little irresponsible.

Of course the surrounding area allowed for free frollicking to ones leisure, but considering they were- as Cait has said- babes; and considering the fact that the two of them would be zoned out for a good portion of their hang out session- if not all of it- the younglings would be without supervision.

Do you want to let them wander while we let our minds do the same? Because if so, Uaid - (Teddiursa) - knows this part of the forest like the back of his paw.

He sits him self up and pats the spot near him, allowing space for her to sit on the stoney sofa.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
sticky flower
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 6:11:35 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"they should be fine," she said. 

she shoots the pair of children a glance, noting their desire to remain within a close proximity of their mistress. they were at that age where they were entirely dependent; which meant they weren't wont to wander. 

"
i have good news, actually."

the girl happily takes a seat, her movements and the look in her eye betraying her excitement.

"
i'm being reassigned," she announced.

she was unwilling to wait to present him with her change of station. 

"
no more active duty for me."

cait reached into her basket, producing a package that produced a barely noticeable reek. 

"
do you want me to roll one for you? we should probably smoke them outside and leave the kids in here so they're away from it."  

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
sticky flower
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 13:29:11 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
If you say so.

Far be it from him to question Cait’s decisions- his mind more at ease when he sets further worry aside from present situations.

Though he would still give her the attention she deserved, the words she had spoken causing him a bit of surprise- not enough to properly interject of course, but still enough for him to give a reaction.

He takes things one at a time, naturally progressing through her words as he sees fit, first and foremost, their current indulgence.

A joint rolled by an earthen goddess? I’d be a fool to say no.

Standing from the place he had once sat, he grabs a handful of sweets and shoves them into his pocket, moving alongside her as they entered the awaiting canopy.

So what are you being reassigned to, exactly?

There is a moment he ponders on asking who it was that would approve of reassignment but, considering the irrelevance of the other two council members, the only one he would place a pin onto would be none other than .

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
sticky flower
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 15:55:16 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"a reserve unit located in fortree. i'll report in once every few months.

cait sounded slightly distracted as she prepared their individual treats. it took her a small window of time, but eventually she;d be handing kim an expertly rolled blunt on their way out. 

"
i'm actually moving someplace close by. there's a cabin and a huge patch of land out here i've acquired the rights to," she said, appearing pleased. "more than enough land to accommodate both myself and my pokemon."

she produced a lighter, setting the tip of her own blunt aflame before surrendering the cheap tool to kim once they were outside. 

"
my reassignment should pass over your desk. nothing you'll need to sign off on, of course. just a report to brief you on what's going on.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
sticky flower
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 15:01:40 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
"So how will this be affecting your status as Mauville’s gym leader?"

His hand gently plucks the blunt from her own- the lighter following- a quick flick of the ignition setting the tip ablaze. Soon enough it meets Kim’s lips, the man taking a quick puff before exhaling into the air.

The best part about hanging with your dealer is the pure fact that both of you could have your own blunt without the need to puff and pass - indulgence in the purest form.

It’ll pass over my desk eventually, sure, but you’re here right now; give me the low and dirty before we get into the nitty gritty of more amiable topics.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
sticky flower
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 6:31:08 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"that's just it."

she inhaled deeply, willingly filling her lungs with the contents of her freshly rolled blunt. her pause would be immediately followed by a slow exhale, a plume of reeking smoke rushing out of of a pair of heavily painted lips. 

"
i'm not a gym leader anymore," she informed.

cait's tone was a combination of relief with a hint of underlying sadness.

"
i get to go back to being a nobody again."

despite her choice of words she appeared pleased with this outcome, her gaze becoming unfocused as she peered at the surrounding stretch of forest.

"
someone else'll take over for me. eventually.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
sticky flower
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 16:43:24 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Her words earned no mouth agape from him, as they were hardly surprising. He had intaken them as he did the smoke from his blunt, exhaling from his nose as he idly listened.

But the besmirching of her own worth was something he did not brush off as easily- eyebrows furrowing as she continued on, Kim holding his expression until she had finished speaking.

I’m not gonna sit here and let you downplay my friend like that. Kay, you is kind, you is smart, and you is important- it doesn’t matter what title you hold, what you control, or what you produce, it’s all a matter of what you accomplish. And holding your own for as long as you have is accomplishment enough as far as I’m concerned. Really, this is like a promotion for you if anything.

A chuckle escapes from his mouth as he looks at the expanse of green before him, the blunt once more meeting his lips as he shook his head.

And a downgrade for me… Not only will I have to meet them to keep up public appearances but I have to go through the toils of getting them properly integrated into being a gym leader. Plus who knows what rules they’ll try to come up with for the gym that we’ll have to accommodate for. I just hope we can get ’s gym up and running before some new body comes and takes a seat in Mauville’s.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
sticky flower
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 18:44:19 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

https://i.imgur.com/IMYOZaC.png

cait released a chuckle in response, the grin she bore directed fully at the man. 

"sorry for the inconvenience, sir."

she playfully moved to bump her shoulder against his, her gaze twinkling with amusement.

"but i'm perfectly fine with being a 'nobody' again," she said. "i know - i know i'm someone of worth and a valued member of society. but it's hard not to feel less than substantial when constantly compared to so many others."

it stung to know she was mediocre when compared to her peers. and not even her status as avatar could place her above - skill-wise - those whom had been raised with a pokeball in hand. 

'if i could turn back the hands of time,' she thought. 'would i have become a trainer?'

"i feel like a disappointment sometimes," she admitted, absently flicking ash off her blunt. "my mama says it's 'cause i'm still so young. and daddy says it's 'cause there's far too much on my plate for me to reasonably deal with."

cait gave a light shrug of her shoulders.

"but it was all worth it. roughly two years and i accomplished more than enough."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
sticky flower
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2020 9:33:30 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
He sighs after a quick puff from the blunt, blowing the smoke into the air as he moves in stride with Cait, listening as she furthered on and on with words less than pleasing for him to hear as they were put downs of her own worth.

But he bit his tongue and let her speak, looking over with the calm exterior that had become his resting face.

When she speaks her piece he turns to what lies before them, the winding woods known only by its inhabitants continued to expand ever before them, the midday sun shining down onto a leaf paved path spotted clearly by the two; a path they walked on nearly every outing.

...” He opens his mouth for a moment before closing it, the right words coming to him after a moment of. thought. “I think it’s a good and a bad thing to compare yourself to another person… On one hand is the good; you have a goal in mind, you become motivated to become more like this goal, and when and if you reach it you have experience to tell you that this comparison wasn’t all too bad to begin with. And on the other is the bad; you’re comparing yourself to someone who doesn’t have the same life experiences as you, they don’t have the same mentality as you, and to top it off, they might not even give a damn about you as much as you do them.

I think it’s kinda silly to compare yourself to someone who by all means is not you... so despite everyone you’ve been compared to, I’m happy that you’re proud of the accomplishments you made yourself.

He takes a long drag of the blunt, holding the smoke in before eventually releasing it into the air.

But if I were you…” He says with an exhale, catching his breath, “I’d idolize myself.

He clears his throat a bit before correcting himself, or rather adding emphasis to his statement.

And by myself I mean you, Cait Alfric, idolizing me, Kim Cole, obviously.” He states matter of factly, a chuckle escaping as he finished.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
sticky flower
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 3:50:12 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"you're an absolute trip, kim."

she couldn't help but smile, her eyes rolling as she took another light puff of her drug-laden treat. the woman smothered the glowing tip, deciding to save the remainder for later. at the moment she was experiencing a decent high, a familiar wave of euphoria washing over her.

"
i guess you're sticking to being a councilor, then? maybe i'll aim for that one of these days."

cait's future was likely to be a bright one; a master's degree on the horizon accompanied by an overabundance of options career-wise. 

'and a family down the road.'

"
when i'm around fifty, maybe," she said, contemplative. "and after a kid or two."

she wanted a big family, one that could fill the empty rooms of her home with life and laughter.

"
any luck finding someone to settle down with?"

aside from , she couldn't think of anyone that would pair decently with kim.  

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
sticky flower
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 20:56:56 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
You know it.

He states with a small smile, the only answer he gives to each question she posed in fact, the man seeming as if this was enough acknowledgement needed to everything she had said. Until the topic of interest arose, his own appearing in his mind in an instant.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

He exclaims in excitement, placing a hand on her shoulder in the breadth of his glee.

Kay, oh my gods, yes. I wanted to tell you about her and how she’s the best fucking thing thats happened to me as of late.

He takes another puff of the blunt, smoking it down to his fingertips before snuffing out the small flame and placing it into his pocket.

I know the winter ball was kind of a blur but do you remember the person I came there with? Yea that’s my boo, my bae, my gold at the end of the rainbow… my… I love her so much, Kay.

He could continue to compare @bean4 to the moon and stars themselves but even in his half-minded state he could tell how annoying that would be.

What about you? Where does your heart lie?

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
sticky flower
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 19:36:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she experienced a familiar twinge of envy, but this was easily overcome by delight that kim had found his ideal partner. 

'if only i had that much luck.' 

"i don't have anyone at the moment," she admitted. "
which leaves me time to focus on settling down. a new home - pokemon to watch over - an associates degree to work towards."

perhaps when she had fully transitioned into life as a civilian, she'd have far more time for romantic endeavors. but for now she'd make do without - ensuring that her pokemon were taken care of. their needs surpassed her own by a considerable margin.

"
i'm happy for you kim," she continued. "are you considering typing the metaphorical knot?"

how long has it been since she had attended a proper wedding ceremony?

'years, if memory serves.'

"
i hope you won't forget to invite me."    

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
sticky flower
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 4:06:08 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
You know, dancing is a good way to find someone... Like… I’m pretty sure there’s probably a club or some junk in Fortree that centers around dancing. Find your sweetheart while you’re enjoying a night out.

His eyes glint with excitement, his hands clasping into each other as he let out a short breath.

Ooo! I could join you and we can straight up get DOWN with each other in the meantime, so even if you don’t meet anyone we can just hang!

Two birds with one stone if you ask him.

When the attendance of his wedding came into consideration, he gave it just a moment of thought before returning an answer to her.

Kay, you’ll probably be the… third person I invite. Straight up vip list without a doubt.