if i can live through this, [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 0:37:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Abner pulled at his police hat with a frown. He was undercover of sorts, or something along those lines, as a police officer these days in Slateport City. It gave rocket an 'in' on a lot of things, including letting people cross through different places 'unnoticed.'

As if bored with life, Abner clicked his flashlight on, and off, then on, then off. His banette across from him made different faces and noises as he did so. If it hadn't been Abner looking, the banette would actually be kind of creepy. But Abner was used to Bann's nature by now.

Slowly, a creepy smile crept across Asher's features as he left the light off. When the banette got confused and griped, getting closer to Abner, he flicked the light on and then let out a laugh at how the banette hissed and whined before shadow sneak-ing his way onto Abner's back before crawling up and into Abner's hat, wearing it like he was the security guard and speaking gibberish while he played with the hat.

"Wha-- hey, you little shit."

Abner's complaint fell to what he assumed was deaf ears, before he caught sight of something moving in the shadows. There they finally were, the rockets who were supposed to steal a mass of goods being stored in the lighthouse.

No to make sure nobody came around.

- seviper no swiping mission
smEbXxKB

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 1:16:19 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
She's hunting.

There had been a steady stream of break and enters in the area. Each time more and more expensive merchandise had been stolen. It started with yard posts or lawn ornaments, then jewelry off manicans. Security guards hadn't been successful in catching the culprits in the act, so they had called in better equipped personelle.

Stormy was only here because she was over-confident. And, clearly, the officers on duty weren't doing their job properly because an entire display car had been stolen. Whatever the case, enough was enough.

There seemed to be a pattern in their attacks, and Stormy had enough reason to believe that they would target the nearby Pokemkm centre. The robbers were testing boundaries, seeing how far they could go without getting caught. They were sloppy, even, and yet they hadn't been caught.

Until now.

Stormy's attention is peeled away from her own surveillance at the flashing of a light. It would illuminate a Banette or similar, she couldn't tell. Brows furrowed, Stormy feels a growl in her throat. This must be why the robbers keep escaping. What the fuck was this guy doing?

"So this is what the league pays you for? To click a flashlight on and off to waste your time, my time, and the batteries time? I just love that."

NdTCndjI

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 1:42:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Um... no ma'am?"

That chick scared the shit out of him. Of course, in the retelling of the tale later on down the line in his report, he'd say that he found her first. But for now, in reality, she had terrified him more than the banette. Not that his features showed as much.

Bann cackled like an old lady about it though, damned ghost type.

"I, uh, ...is there something going on? I haven't heard anything, or seen anything, and neither has this guy-- or her."

Lazily, Abner points above him at the noctowl that's resting against the lighthouse. The owl gives a coo of warning, to back Abner's claim up.

"But uh, talk about suspect. What're you doing out and about this late?"

Once he turns the flashlight on her, suddenly, he's grinning. This is not just a chick. This is Stormy Silph. And damn it all if that didn't make him lick his lips and grin like an evil bastard. Good thing the light's blinding her from seeing it.

smEbXxKB

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 4:05:42 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
The flashlight beam shines in her eyes and she winces, raising a hand to block it. Eyes narrowed, squinting, and showing nothing but irritation and boiling anger, Stormy attempts to see through the light to the man behind. Unfortunately, he is nothing but a silhouette and her skull is burning.

A Banette is cackling and the officer gestures to a Noctowl in the trees and then the suspicion is turned around on her. She feels like scowling.

"Doing your job for you, apparently."

But her words are biting because she still can't fucking see.

"Do you mind pointing that light elsewhere, man? Unless you're trying to burn away my retinas."

4Fb3CK2E

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 12:40:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"] Now that she's got a big blinding light spot in her vision, he lowers the light and shrugs his shoulders. He glances back before giving his abra, who is connected to him telepathically, a mental signal to hurry the fuck up. The abra mentally responds with a sort of feeling to Abner's brain that's like a salute.

Real fuckin' cute, Zam.

"Whoa!" Too bad his acting sounds like sarcasm. "Sorry about that little miss Silph. Didn't realize they brought the elite four out to take care of little strings of crime like this. That why people are gettin' sucked into the shadow realm, or whatever?"

While it might not had been detail by detail, Abner had been kept in the loop while he was in hiding.

gwEtBc5w

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 13:59:02 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
The light leaves but it leaves behind a white spot in her focus that's fuzzy and difficult to see through. She blinks, narrowing her eyes and struggling to rub the feeling away. It lingers, along with a new and worsening headache.

And then he's turned to interrogating her, or at least trying to. Sort of. The use of 'little miss Silph' is also aggravating.

More so because he's talking about the man who had been sucked into space, Mateo, and implying the Elite hadn't been there. Jokes on him, they'd chased the man into space. Not that anyone really knew about that, though.

"I'm making it my business, since no one else seems to mind that the next pocket these people steal from is gonna be someone important's."

Did that make sense? It sounded good in her head. Fuck sake.

"Stop talking and help me find these criminals."

It was almost like he was trying to distract her.

Stormy blinks hard a few times more before turning around to circle the Pokemon centre again. Every hour the light from the lighthouse turned to shine on the building as it did a quick loop (that's how that works, go with it). It was unlikely the robbers would be anywhere near the joint when that happened.

6xYWYigS

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 15:03:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"] "Ma'am yes ma'am."

Abner's tone is so dull, but he takes a note from his abra's book and gives her a salute. As Stormy quite literally storms off toward the Pokemon Center, Abner finds himself relieved. Good, the decoy had worked. They'd set up a string of thieveries in an attempt to be predictable and then they'd decided to hit the lighthouse instead. He'd have to leave his post, but he wasn't much worried about it. Since it seemed the elite four member hadn't brought any rangers with her.

Thank goodness for that.

"So," Abner began as he walked with Stormy, one hand in his pocket, the other waving the flashlight in their path. Though, it wasn't a steady beam, since he couldn't be bothered to put forth the effort to keep it still. "I mean, don't we have rangers for this sorta thing? You're a busy beaver as an elite four member, right?"

Abner was mostly just making conversation because it served as a decent distraction. Got her brain thinking one way when it wanted to think another way. The more she blew up at him, the better, in his opinion.

[break]U9BxaT8O

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 15:16:51 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Her hand rests at her side, hovering at her belt. The swaying beam of light offers no assistance to their task and she turns to snatch it from him.

"I am a ranger, genius. Being an elite four is just a perk. This is still my job."

If the officer had released his flashlight, Stormy would shine it over the front door of the Pokemom centre. But it was eerily quiet and brought her nothing but dread. This didn't feel right, but she couldn't shake the feeling that she was right. This is where they would hit next, surely.

Besides, what is there to steal in an old lighthouse, anyway?

From her belt, she releases two small Oricorio.

"Scout the backside of the building. Keep an eye on each other."

They fly off in unison, disappearing behind the centre. They would ultimately find nothing, probably.

4C6CPsfu

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 15:41:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Watching Stormy huff and puff and blow her authority around was pretty comical. Abner didn't care. He wasn't the type that needed to have the authority. Matter of fact, and ironically enough given how he typically acted, Abner liked being pushed around and bossed up and down.

Such a cutie as Stormy doing so? Yes please, papa wants more. He showed as much with a grin that hadn't left since he'd found out who she was.

"Seems like an awful lot of work for one person. Don't you think you should focus on like, one or the other? Maybe, I don't know, breathe for once."

Abner was so half hearted in his suggestion it was painful, almost poisonous. What the fuck did he care what Stormy Silph did? He did, however, take out a pokeball and release a litleo. He waved toward the building.

"Don't be a lazy-ass, go sniff around. There's a bunch of losers supposed to be stealing something, go take care of it."

The litleo let out a low gurgle before doing as his trainer said.

[break]Cpkk9Lx5

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 15:54:31 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
And what has that gotten the region?"

She shines the light into the bushes nearby, following the sound of rustling. She finds nothing but a pair of wild Nidoran rushing off into the dark. With a sigh, Stormy tilts the beam down. Perhaps shes trying to take the mans advice to heart. But 'just breathing' wasn't part of the Silph slogan.

The woman glances back when he releases a Litleo. The tiny cub gurgles a reply, too-big paws carrying him after an invisible foe.

"I do whatever they need me to do, and right now, they need help stopping a couple of robbers."

But her eyebrows are furrowed as it begins to dawn on her that nothing is happening here. Either they had been scared off or they were never targeting the centre. It was making her skin crawl.

sMTAVGgd

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 18:41:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Unfortunately, Abner understood that mindset all too well. He'd spent his entire life following orders and doing what needed to be done for the higher ups because he was a grunt, or a beast, or a pawn.

Unlike her, probably, he didn't mind the position.

"I get it. It's why I'm here. Doing what I can for people I work for, and all that."

A lax shrug later and he was watching his litleo return with a piece of paper. Abner took the piece of paper, made a face, and then held it so that Stormy could see the front of it. On the paper was a drawing of a laughing golbat and it read, 'nice try, missed us!'

Because timing is everything, an explosion went off behind them, at the lighthouse. Abner raised his brows and jumped, because it'd caught him off guard. He returned his litleo before turning to look at the lighthouse, gloved hands putting the note in an evidence bag.

m3ssiKKA

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 0:36:32 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Stormy had lived in the shadow of people greater than her for her entire life. Expectations sat heavy on her shoulders and it took everything she had to carry them with dignity. It was her perseverance that had gotten her where she was, no thanks to the obstacles in her way and the people who held her back. But more importantly, it was her own personal growth and strength that landed her where she was.

And yet she still couldn't always see how worthy she was.

"Well, you're doing a piss poor job of it."

There's a sourness to her tone, as if maybe shes talking more to herself than the officer. He hadn't really done anything wrong other than act like an amused child with a new toy. The job was boring. More than likely, had the roles been reversed, she would have been doing the same.

Her attention moves to the Litleo and the paper in its mouth. Her Oricorio have returned empty handed.

But her face pales as the officer shows her the crudely written note. She flinches, body physically ducking as the lighthouse explodes. Horror is evident on her face as she turns to face the scene.

She had been wrong. She had been played.

"Officer, come with me. We have to make sure no one was in there."

She reaches for a pokeball, retrieving Wadjet. The black Charizard bellows as her trainer climbs on. Stormy hesitates if only because shes unsure if the officer has a ride.

"What are you waiting for? Get on or follow me."

pecsCuKB

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 0:48:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Of course it's a fucking charizard...

Internal Abner is sighing heavily and cursing multiple different ways. Outward Abner is approaching the charizard and making sure to keep his limbs to himself. He'd once had to fight a charizard. He won, snuffed that damn tail out and got the upper hand. Bitch didn't stand a chance after that. Quick crack of a wing and it was hurting bad enough to have to resort to far combat, which Abner didn't allow, and ended up taking the beast down.

Abner had to be rushed to the hospital, though, for obvious reasons. Charizard, and all. So he didn't feel like getting into it with this fire lizard and instead climbed on its back without much fuss.

"Right yeah. Never ridden one of these things, so... do I squeeze with my legs? What? Is there a trick to not falling off and meeting an early death?"

Despite the fact that he's talking about death, he's grinning like a kid in a candy store.

[break]Biza1rAl

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; letter-spacing: .3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 0:56:40 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
The man approaches the way most people do who haven't ridden a Charizard before. With caution and deliberate step. And their elbows tucked into their ribcage. It encourages a satisfied smirk across her face as she glances down at the man in the police cap.

"What, are you scared of a little heat?"

She almost laughs, but refrains as he climbs on behind her. She shifts her weight to make space for him and Wadjet rumbles under her legs.

Stormy glances over her shoulder briefly, still retaining her smirk, at the officers uneasy question.

"Just hold onto me."

And then, without waiting, she wordlessly urges the Charizaed to rise. Wings unfurl and the beast bellows again as they push off of the ground with a lurch. It forces Stormy to lean forward as they pitch and then set off for the now burning lighthouse.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 1:11:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Don't mind if I do."

Though, it was likely his line was missed, amidst the charizard taking off. He does grip her, though he grips the charizard as well. It's instinct. Although he's never ridden a charizard, he did steal a corviknight taxi once, and had to ride that thing until it yielded him as its new trainer. Man, that was fun.

Her hair is annoying, and he has to raise a hand to hold on his cap, but his head turns to face the lighthouse as they get a little closer. The explosion was actually behind the lighthouse, an explosion that had apparently opened up a smuggling route. It's as they get closer that another explosion goes off, in the same spot, though slightly above where they'd gotten the tunnel to open as a means to close the tunnel behind them.

For a moment, and only a moment, Abner wonders if he's got to go abra hunting again. However, Zam gives his mind a tug that she's safe and sound at home and he's thankful for it. Because that would have been annoying, if he had to go get another abra.

"Damn. Looks like they really knew how to cover their tracks... shit."

Little did Stormy know, the explosions were another decoy. The robbers had already been teleported away with the cargo by his abra.

[break]nNOU9|EF

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; letter-spacing: .3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]