2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
low tide, high tide (open)
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 18:19:23 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler hugged her surfboard to her side, a new spring in her step. She looked around for a moment before turning into a different street, mentally mapping the way to her house.

"Oh yeah! I can't wait. I'll be competing for first place before you know it," she said with a smirk, confidence rising. She had always been very sure of herself in the water, and surfing was no different. It was her element. If it weren't so dark, Skyler knew she would be running to the beach in order to start the lesson. Or maybe just to use her new surfboard.

"The uhh... Lakey guy, he was kind of weird. Very enthusiastic. Have you two known each other for long?" She wasn't sure if they sounded like good friends or weird rivals, or a strange mix of the two.

The streets were growing quieter as they walked further away from the main streets and onto the more residential part of the city. There were still plenty of people around, but they were mostly residents. Eventually they made it to Skyler's street, her small house looking kind of lonely at the end of the street. Her house keys clinked together as she took them from one of the many pockets in her cargo shorts and opened her front door.

As she was expecting, the inside of the house was as hot - if not more - than the exterior. As she took her first steps into the house, a shadow in the corner coalesced into a Dusknoir.

"Everything okay, Vox? No trouble?"

The Dusknoir shook his head, but his single red eye seemed intently focused on the other human by her side. He took his duty to protect the house very seriously, especially at night.

"Dont forget your half of the cake, surfer guy," she warned Lance, the shadow of an... evil?... smile blooming across her face.

● tags:
● notes: ...

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 14:10:20 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]first place! she definitely has the spirit. she aims high and that's something he can appreciate. "i have to be careful what i teach you, then." he's joking because really, he wouldn't mind losing.

lance chuckles when she mentions lakey. "a few months, i think? around the same time as when i first moved here. he's pretty harmless but let me know if he does anything." they aren't good friends but they are still friends. lance doesn't have that many of those here just yet.

her house comes into view again and though it might not be as grand as his seashore house, it still has its qualities. he steps in and practically jumps when the shadow in the corner materializes.

"that got me."

he's about ready to turn and leave the ghost-type behind before her reminder stops him. shit. he thought he could be slick about it and not end up with half a cake he wouldn't likely eat. still, he takes it from her, if only to be polite. it'll be for his pokemon, but at least it won't be going to waste.

"thanks. just text me whenever you're ready for your lesson. i might not be in the city, though, so no promises."

i think we can end it with your post or with my next one? unless you wanna continue then i'm also ok with that! (:

[newclass=.lancepost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 15:33:33 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Huh, and here I thought you were unflappable," she teased, placing her brand new surfboard against the closest wall. "I think Vox did it on purpose to startle you," she told Lance, refering to the Dusknoir's sudden appearance. "He isn't a very trusting Pokémon and can come off as..." She drifted off at the feeling of sheer disapproval coming from the Dusknoir. "... A bit protective."

The look on Lance's face as she presented him his half of the cake was priceless. It was clear that he'd hoped Skyler would've forgotten it, but no such luck. Fair was fair, and if Skyler didn't want her next meals to be chocolate cake and watermelon, Lance would have to take some home.

"Maybe you can gift it to someone?" She wiggled her eyebrows and laughed, making sure the man didn't 'accidentally' leave his cake behind.

"Anyway, here's your surfboard. I'll be sure to text you when I have a free day." She shook her head. "And don't worry if you can't make it. We'll arrange something eventually, no.1 surfer guy." She accompanied him to the door and held out her fist for a fist-bump, her voice growing more serious. "It was really nice to meet you, Lance. Thank you for helping a girl out. Have a safe walk back home!" Then she hesitated. "Well, you'll probably be able to beat up most criminals, but still, be careful." She grinned. "See ya later!"

● tags:
● notes: you can write one more post to finish the thread. maybe they can meet up later for that surfing lesson? i'm also open to doing missions since skyler has started working with the rangers <3

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 3:45:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]thread complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 20 pokedollars & 3 infamy.
[break]