awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
i need this
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 0:12:14 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic is running, tearing down the street at a speed he forgot he could reach. he feels he needs the exercise. after all, he's reluctant to admit he's growing old, but something about the way his muscles strained and the way priam inferred he needed older men to be his friends must have struck a nerve.

he must have been lost in thought because, of course, dominic runs directly into someone, resulting in both of them collapsing to the hard cement.

"what the fuck?" dominic says, affronted and sounding as if this isn't entirely his own fault.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
i need this
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 2:23:21 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas had waited all year for the Ever Grande city craft fair to return. When it did he purchased his long awaited mineral themed cake along with a slew of rock themed pieces he held in his bag.

When Dominic collided with Lucas he landed on the ground. Both the bag of goodies and the cake softened his fall. Bits of the cake spewed out the edges of the box and painted his face.

"What the hell?" He was in total shell shock.
[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
i need this
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 2:38:44 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 a pile of splayed limbs, dominic takes a moment to raise himself into a sitting position. he glares to hide the fact that he's surprised and the fall hurts. the cake's cream oozes between his fingers.

dominic opens his mouth to say something acerbic but nothing comes immediately.

"look where you're going?" he says after a moment, deciding to go on the offensive instead.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
i need this
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 2:53:11 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas' whole body shuddered at the state of ruin that'd befallen his recent purchases. The shattered pieces of his last purchases, Christmas gifts for , , , and even Dominic line the ground.

Lucas swung his head to face Dominic. "Look where I'm going? What do you think I was doing?" His hands clenched in anger. A piece of cake squeaked comically as it was expelled out his left hand. "You just hit me out of nowhere! And now everything's ruined." His tone turned from anger to sorrow as the destruction sank in.
[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
i need this
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 3:09:48 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic bites his lip, glaring at the ruination around them. he ignores all the pedestrians passing by him and lane because he doesn't need any additional humiliation today.

too proud and arrogant to apologise, dominic rubs his nose with the back of his hand and sniffs.

"this is a pedestrian running track," he says matter-of-factly, with faux patience as if talking to a small child. "ever grande is one of hoenn's most physically active cities, you should know to be more careful."

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
i need this
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 3:33:05 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas started picking up the scattered pieces of the gifts as Dominic spoke. Cautious of the sharp edges of the rock shards he started by picking up the gift tags that he'd neatly written while he waited for the gifts to be wrapped. He managed to pick up all but one, the tag he'd written for Dominic's gift. It was just out of reach by Dominic's hand.

"To: Zack Campbell, Thank you for being such a great friend to Priam. He doesn't have much, so I hope you'll accept a Christmas gift from me on his behalf."

Under the tag is a small expertly crafted klefki bent in half. In place of the pokemon's head was a small black gemstone.

"Pedestrian track? Look around." Lucas waved his hand for emphasis. Everyone around them were shoppers. "Do they look like runners?"
[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
i need this
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 3:40:59 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 reluctant, and in an attempt to bury the prickle of guilt in his chest, dominic rises and begins to help by picking up whatever look salvageable. he reaches for a slip of paper and his fake name catches his eye.

zack campbell, it says in lucas's handwriting. the unease underneath his ribcage blossoms.

dominic collects some of the broken trinkets and offers them to lucas in his icing-covered hands.

"yeah? and some of them are running?" he argues, scanning the waves of people until he sees a single child walking at a quickened pace and points at him.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
i need this
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 4:44:24 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas blinked away tears when Dominic handed him the shattered pieces of the Christmas gifts. The shattered pieces were from a crystal spheal he commissioned months ago from a vendor as a Christmas gift to .

Following Dominic's pointer finger Lucas spotted the running child. He only gave them a moment's glance before turning back to the traumatizing scene at hand. "Look I don't want to argue. Just," Lucas sniffed. "Just get going."

Lucas began to sweep the scattered pieces of gifts with a piece of crumpled wrapping paper. Once the pile grew big enough he gently picked them up and put them into the crumpled cake box. The cake inside might've been salvageable but he didn't care. Lucas was too torn to think it worthwhile.
[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
i need this
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 4:56:15 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic's lips parted as he gazed upon the shattered remnants of a man. he's never really experienced true, genuine guilt before but this comes close.

and dominic had a work-out to get back to.

"look," he exhales, trying to not sound exasperated. he could feel his heartbeat slowing down and his muscles beginning to ache, meaning he was coming out of the fat-burning phase.

"just take this," dominic snaps, taking a handful of pokedollar bills amounting to exactly ₽450 from his wallet and shoving them into the hands of the weeping man. "i have to go."

and then he jogs off, trying to run away from his guilt literally and figuratively.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
i need this
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 5:11:56 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Thanks," Lucas said in a monotone voice.

He gathered the rest of the broken gifts. Some of them he thought might be fixable, while others weren't. The ones that were too far gone he threw into the cake box.

Once Lucas had cleaned up all the spillage he pulled out napkins and hand sanitizer out of his fanny pack. He wiped the cake off himself as best as he could before squirting drops of sanitizer in his hands. Once he was done rubbing his hands he put the hand sanitizer and money into the fanny pack.

Lucas threw the cake box into the first trash can he would find on his depressed walk home.
[break]