Katherine Fairburne
if you don't wanna see me dancing with somebody [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 16:49:35 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥
[attr="class","katherine"]
Katherine already claims a seat for herself when she sees that Lance is about to be finished with the eggs.

Her eyes follow after him as he moves and reaches for the plates. She wasn't sure as to how he managed to make serving salad look good, but he did. She is speechless, unsure of whether if she knows the answer to his question. She probably would feel disappointed. After all, she cared enough to ask. That alone meant something, didn't it?

Luckily, she doesn't have to answer. There wasn't someone waiting for him somewhere.

"I don't know. I am pretty sure that even if there was someone else, they'd be out of the picture after last night." She's as arrogant and blunt as ever. It made not facing certain emotions much easier. "But... I mean, I think I am glad to hear that there isn't."

She's still convincing herself that this is just innocent flirting.

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 17:00:34 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"oh no doubt. there can only be one queen, after all."

her arrogance is read as confidence and he appreciates it. things are a lot easier when people are honest and blunt about how they feel, and though there are subtleties that lie beneath her words, what she presents at surface value is more than enough for him.

he first serves her, placing the plate of salad and scrambled egg, cooked exactly how she likes it. "enjoy," he says, before turning back for his own plate and coffee. he soon joins her, finally able to settle into his seat.

"you don't sound so sure, kat." he waits for her to start eating before doing the same, though he still favors the coffee. "that doesn't sound like you."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 8:35:48 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"Well, it isn't like me."

A sip of her coffee fills the silence in the room, a moment to gather her thoughts. She feels like she's constantly treading between saying too much and too little, offering a lot of herself but also more than she'd like to. "I only know like, four things about you, Lance." And his name was included in those things. They were practically strangers, but fate brought them together for the second time.

It meant something, she imagined.

"But... I don't feel like I have to be sure, anyway." Her shoulders pull backward into a shrug, and she takes a bite of her eggs afterward. "I like surprises."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 8:54:02 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]four things! he chuckles, agreeing with her statement, because he also only knows like four things about her. he tilts his head, nodding, before sipping his half-empty cup of coffee.

"what would you like to know?"

surprises can be good; that much he agrees with. he takes a bite of his eggs and ponders on it, soon deciding that it's okay to share more.

"i'm from twinleaf in sinnoh. i traveled the region, beating all eight gyms, before being pulled into the rangers." he speaks nonchalantly, briefly reminiscing. "i still am a ranger. it's why i travel so much."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 9:09:01 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"Sinnoh? Seriously?"

Already a surprise. She'd been researching the region for a while now, gathering information before her inevitable visit in the region. "I always wanted to go there." She admits as Lance continues to share more about himself.

"I've never even left Hoenn before. I mean, moving into Slateport from Sootopolis felt... Extreme, I guess, but it's still just Hoenn."

"Wait, why Hoenn then? I mean... Sinnoh can't be bad, I am sure." She takes another quick bite without ever looking at her plate. "The food is great, by the way. Thanks."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 9:20:50 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]like he does, she begins to share, and the line that once separated them as strangers starts to blur the more they speak.

"also extreme considering what happened to slateport a little over a year ago." but he shrugs, not offering more because he doesn't know enough to comment. "moving is always difficult."

"sinnoh is lovely, but the rangers needed help here." he takes a bite of the eggs. "but i guess i just needed to leave." he leaves it at that, cutting himself off from sharing more than he needs to.

her gratitude is met with a warm smile and a nod. he appreciates the gesture, even if he doesn't say it. "anytime."

a thought lingers on his mind from what she said earlier. he decides to ask, prodding to learn more.

"what's stopping you from leaving hoenn?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 9:38:56 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"That's fair."

Katherine felt the same when she abruptly left her childhood home. It was different for her though, she didn't do it for anyone except for herself. The feeling of betrayal and the immature mind of a sixteen years old went a long way together. A recipe for a disaster that fulfilled itself: she found a new home with Rocket

He holds something back, but so does she. The honest answer to his question is not one she was willing to share. They both had things to hide. "Nothing is stopping me from leaving but I just don't know if I'll ever actually leave Hoenn. I mean... For a while? Sure, but I can't see myself settling anywhere except for here."

"Who knows though, maybe Sinnoh can change that. I heard it's beautiful there. Oh, and also that Snowpoint has the best hot chocolate in the world."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 9:52:05 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"settling down in hoenn..." he mutters, chuckling because the thought had never really occured to him. he thought he had settled down in sinnoh, but the world had other plans for him, but to think that he might very well end up settling down in this region of all places is strange, and a little bit amusing.

"snowpoint does have the best chocolate in the world." he confirms her words with a smile, remembering the warmth the drink provided. "it sounds like you need a vacation. if not sinnoh, then i hear alola's nice. i haven't been either."

he pauses, leaning back into his seat. a smirk creeps onto his features and he cannot help the next few words that come out.

"who knows? the next time we randomly bump into each other again might be in a different region."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 10:21:20 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"I think I'll try Sinnoh first."

"Sometime this year, I hope. Maybe around fall." Before it's too cold but after the summer's heat is gone. She finishes what little remained of her coffee in a short sip, almost disappointed at the fact that it hadn't magically turned into hot chocolate during the conversation.

His smirk and the words that follow it bring a smile to Katherine's expression, painting it softly with joy. "If that's your way of saying you want to take me on a vacation, Lance..." Her next shrug is playful, indicating that she wasn't taking this too seriously.

"I can't say a guy has ever taken me on a third date like that, but I am not complaining."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 10:39:33 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"sinnoh, then?"

despite his words, the way he shrugs his shoulders gives him away. there's very little that would bring him back to sinnoh, and a vacation is definitely not one of them. still, his mood remains joyful, as reflected on his expression.

"how about we start small and work our way up? dinner next week, maybe."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 10:55:01 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"Sure, dinner next week."

Katherine was close to finished with her plate. "Just text me when–" Oh, right. They haven't even exchanged numbers yet. She doesn't have to search for her phone, but instead, it levitates into her hands. She slides it across the table towards Lance, and it stops just an inch or two short from falling to the floor.

Rotom's face flashes a couple of times on the screen, saying hello in its unique way. "You can put your number in or just tell him it. He'll save it either way."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 11:31:09 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]the rotom in the phone is cute, he decides, as he picks it up to punch his number in. "hi," he says to the phone rotom. it saves, or he assumes it does, and he slides it back to her.

dinner next week. they'd have to hash out the details later but he's genuinely looking forward to it. the air of mystery that surrounds both of them still linger, but he feels no need to see past it. he enjoys her presence, and that's enough for now.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,628 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 19:16:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1x rainbow shard.
[break]