quick escape [ c ]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 21:42:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

Abner had gripped Giada firmly as she hauled into him and Khaz was quick to teleport them. Once they were in Mauville, at the pokemon center (the closest city, made sense), Abner lets out a chaotic sort of high pitched laugh.[break][break]

"What the hell Giada? What'd you do that pissed them off so bad?"[break][break]

He glances around, returning Khaz and making a face. So, Mauville huh?

[attr="class","rigidtag"]

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #765d75; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #765d75; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #765d75; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765d75; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #765d75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #2e2e2e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #765d75; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin: -5px; padding-bottom: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 21:54:28 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she's left a little queasy again, although she's not sure what the real cause of it is now: weird panic or teleporting? both, probably. anyway, she's slowly prying herself off of abner with something close to a cackle. panicked giada is weird, i don't make the rules.

"fuck if i know," she manages to get out, chest heaving as she realizes she'd managed to squish her cyndaquil a little in the process of a quick getaway. "they apparently didn't like my face or his little flame burp. whoops." judging by the amused look on her face, she's not even remotely sorry.

she recalls her cyndaquil and tucks the pokeball back into her bra, ignoring the weird stares from the people in the pokemon center. mauville, close to home. the thought of a nap has her mildly distracted. apparently running from magnetons is a workout.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 22:01:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

"...flame burp?"[break][break]

Abner's snorting at the nickname to the fire type. It's forever what he's gonna call the thing from now on, for sure.[break][break]

"I'm surprised you didn't bring your skitties along."[break][break]

With that, he starts toward the Mauville shops. Yes, still barefoot, and not caring. The place is basically all indoors anyway. Which is more gross than outdoors, or just as gross, but Abner doesn't care.

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #765d75; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #765d75; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #765d75; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765d75; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #765d75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #765d75; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 22:09:08 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]poor calore, reduced to flame burp because his trainer has a single brain cell. she laughs her way through a half-assed explanation. "listen, he's still a baby so he gets gassy sometimes and lets out little burps that end up shooting out as flames. so, flame burp. got it?" somehow, it makes perfect sense to her and probably no one else.

ah, her precious skitties. her face lights up at the mention of them and it's not hard to tell she's a sucker for those cats. "i have to give attention to my other pokemon too, you know," she'll wave a hand in the air while giving her reasoning. "can't pick favorites." except she does and they all know it. oops. crazy cat lady? check.

she's quick to follow him, although her eyes are already wandering to check out the displays of each shop. which ones to loop back to at a later date and which ones are a definite no go in the breaking and entering business.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 22:12:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

The cat thief scoping out her next hit, it would seem. He's not surprised. Though, it dawned on him he'd never taken her out into public before, and, really, he supposes he's more of a 'stay home and eat' kinda guy given his solitude.[break][break]

"What're you in the mood for, food wise?"[break][break]

Unlike most people, Abner's a bit of a kecleon when it comes to his appetite. Just blending into whatever sort of appetite his company has. And if his company doesn't have any, he just eats the first scent that hits his nose.[break][break]

Lazy bastard.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 22:19:55 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"pasta," leaves her mouth before her brain can even fully process the question. too many pretty things catch her eye and she's halfway in a daze. it takes a moment before she snaps out of it, head turning to tilt at him.

"wait, we're getting food?" she shouldn't really be surprised considering he wouldn't ask if they weren't gonna eat but it comes out confused anyway. and the window displays eventually fade from her mind as a new thought takes over: food. it's the simple things that get her, apparently, because there's now a little more pep in her step and she's breaking into a grin. "since when?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 12:24:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

Didn't he mention that earlier? Or had she been too far ahead of him to hear it? Either way, repeating himself is exhausting and so he just confirms what she said.[break][break]

"Pasta."[break][break]

Glancing down at himself, he makes a face before scrunching his nose.[break][break]

"Unless you wanna buy it yourselves, or sneak it out of a store, we should probably get some shoes."[break][break]

By 'we' he really just means 'him.'

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 18:01:58 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she wiggles when he confirms, as if it's too much excitement for her body to contain and she has to let it out somehow.

"even without a prize?" she grins at him, thoughts of pasta making her mind all fuzzy. of course, his lack of shoes escapes her until he's speaking up again and she's left confused. give her a moment, thought processes are a lot sometimes.

a laugh escapes, finally, as she glances down to see bare feet and cute lil toes. "come on," she reaches out for his hand to tug him into the nearest store. it just so happens to be on her list to scope out anyway so a win win. she doesn't bother to drop his hand, instead leading him toward wherever the shoes might be.

"what kinda shoes you want?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 18:29:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

Abner's too lazy and enjoys touch too much to put the effort into doing anything but allowing his hand to be held. He is tugged into the store and glances around. What a high in place. Are they about to shop lift? Cause, he doesn't think he can afford what's there.[break][break]

"Just... like, normal shoes people wear. But socks. I hate shoes without socks."[break][break]

From he can't afford it to, 'but be sure I've got socks.' He's still pretty sure they're shop lifting them but, he's also okay with it.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 18:35:54 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"there's different kinds of normal people shoes," she murmurs, though it comes out a little distracted. shoes, she definitely loves shoes. there's a pair of heels that catches her eyes and it'd be so easy to just pluck them off the shelf. but, they're not here to satisfy her and her shopping urges. no, he needs shoes and apparently socks too.

she lifts cat socks off the display with a laugh and simply holds them out for him to take.

and then, giada's shuffling toward the mens shoes because those heels really are tempting and she needs to escape the eyes they're giving her. a idly hummed tune escapes as she browses. and while she normally just takes what she wants and doesn't actually pay for anything, she'll be a nice girl and cover the price of the shoes. besides, she's done enough running for the day and her legs hurt. "sneakers, maybe?" or boots? what kind of shoes does he even like?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 18:45:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

The cat socks are taken with little argument. Like he cares if he has socks with meowths and skitties and purloins on them. Let's not forget the pair with shinx and luxio and luxray on them, and the pyroar and litleo pairs; yay combo packs![break][break]

Still, he just accepts the socks and follows her lead again.[break][break]

While she's fingering through shoes he does the same, walking the displays he can reach and plucking of a pair of black and white chuck taylor high tops. Or at least the pokemon variant of said shoe type.[break][break]

"These?"[break][break]

He's got a pair like them, but low, and if he's gonna get new shoes they should be a little different but still look like his favorites... right? Sure.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 18:52:43 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]the skitties will adore his socks if they ever see him wearing them. cute!

his voice pulls her away from whatever shoe she was checking out, probably because it was her favorite shade of red. giada's head turns to get a glimpse of the shoes he's picked out. a hum of approval escapes, lips spreading into a smile. "perfect!"

and then, she's turning on her heel to drag him toward checkout. good thing she keeps cash in her bra, along with most of her things. really, the next thing she takes should be a purse or something damn. the line moves pretty quickly and soon she's stepping up to pay for kitty socks and cute shoes without taking no for an answer.

okay, she might've snagged those heels as they went and she definitely doesn't regret it.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 19:06:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

Abner saw her snag the heels, if only because he saw her eyeing them and had been placing silent bets with himself on whether she would or not. He settled for would and ended up correct. After the items were paid for and they were out of the store, he stopped at a bench and took a seat, cleaning off his feet and putting on his socks, then the shoes, before lacing them up.[break][break]

"They're not uncomfortable."[break][break]

Because guess what that's a big deal and he wasn't about to leave the store without knowing if they'd be comfortable enough or not.[break][break]

After pocketing the other pairs of socks and throwing away the trash, he glanced to Giada.[break][break]

"Where... did you even put the heels?"[break][break]

Because those definitely wouldn't fit in her bra, right???

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 19:16:40 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she's content with herself for saying fuck it, treat yo self. although, when does she not do that? every day is treat yo self day. and when he takes a seat to put the socks and shoes on, she's lingering by another window display. another hum escapes because really, that's a cute dress and it's also red, shocker.

"good," she offers even if it sounds really distracted and half like an afterthought. hm, is the window glass or plastic? some places have been giada-proofing buildings by opting for plastic. maybe a blessing so she doesn't need to pick glass out of her hair but man, if it isn't annoying to have to waste time melting things.

she rotates on her heel as he's throwing his trash away. yeah no, heels definitely would not fit and no one would want to be stabbed in the boob with those. "oh, right! i got a bag." cue her raising her wrist to display the shopping bag for him to see. sometimes she thinks and doesn't just wing it. part of her had considered just putting the heels on but her outfit isn't stiletto attire so bag it is. giada drifts closer to him, head tilting. "where to?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
quick escape [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 19:35:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

"Pasta, right?"[break][break]

Abner glances toward the food court before he starts walking, figuring that Giada will follow as usual. He doesn't put much thought into things, just does it and calls it a day.[break][break]

"Can you get pasta at the food court or should we walk to the restaurants in the city?"[break][break]

There was no way Abner knew where the pasta was, but he was sure he could google it if he needed to. Which, he pulled out his phone to do because he had a feeling Giada wouldn't know where pasta was either. He'd been wrong before, and Giada had surprised him before, but still. Better safe than sorry.