thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
here be dragonites [m]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 22:53:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

His laughter echoes, strained and humourless.[break][break]

"Wish I knew..."[break][break]

She sounds close, at least, which is the only reassuring thing about their situation. That, and the fact that his Lycanroc seems to be OK — unbeknownst to him, she'd held on with her ROCK CLIMB and made her way into the pit of her own accord. She nudges at him until he sits up, winding his fingers through her coarse fur as he wheezes.[break][break]

As soon as he can breathe properly again, Gavin uses his Lycanroc as support to get to his feet. He's in pain, but no worse than before. He flexes his fingers, bends his arms, breathes. Nothing broken. His eyes struggle in their attempts to adjust to darkness without light, fruitless. He can't see his own hand in front of his face when he lifts it. Where was the convenience of the luminescent fungi down here?[break][break]

If this is a pit trap, he supposes that's the point.[break][break]

"Lost my flashlight," he reports grimacing, then remembers his phone with a sigh of relief. Rotom beeps in affirmation, then illuminates their surroundings with as bright a light as it can manage. Gavin seeks out Skyler in the gloom.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
here be dragonites [m]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 14:01:56 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The laughter echoes in the chamber they've fallen into and Skyler knows that Dr. Cavalli must be somewhat close. Small mercies, she thinks, feeling the wound on the lower back portion of her head throbbing in time with her pulse. 

The darkness is absolute in this place. Her hands reach around her, feeling the rocky terrain and the loose rocks, smooth as river pebbles. She doesn't get to her feet yet, but takes stock of her body. Nothing seems broken, fortunately, although the back of her head worries her slightly.

"Yeah, I lost mine too," Skyler admitted, listening to the occasional plip-plop of falling water droplets. She thought she could hear rushing water somewhere in the distance, but she couldn't be sure.

She was about to say something else when a bright flash of light made her head burst with sudden agony. "Shit," she hissed, closing her eyes against the onslaught of light. "Give me a moment."

She breathed through her nose a couple of times before looking at Gavin. "Good to see you alive, Dr. Cavalli." Her mouth twisted into a wry smile and she wobbled to her feet, feeling a momentary bout of dizziness. "Are you hurt?"

● tags:
● notes: DIGGING YOURSELF INTO A HOLE mission

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
here be dragonites [m]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 15:18:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-gv]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
M: DIGGING YOURSELF INTO A HOLE [-]

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"Ah, sorry. Rotom..."[break][break]

The light dims in response to Skyler's aversion, brightening slowly to give them more time to adjust. Gavin finds himself leaning against the rock wall of the pit they'd fallen into; it hurts to put weight on his left foot, suggesting a sprain.[break][break]

Walk it off, he thinks, even as it makes his eyes water.[break][break]

"I'm fine," is reflexive, an obvious lie given the severity of their fall. He amends it to, "Nothing I can't handle. Yourself?"
[break][break]
Lycanroc paces alongside them, growling softly as her head swings about in search of danger. She could get back up herself with rock climb, but that would solve nothing of the trainer's predicament. He thinks he can hear water nearby.[break][break]

"Hopefully whatever attacked us hasn't reached the camp." He grimaces, remembers, "You called out — did you see what it was?"

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

NO REWARDS FOR GAVIN, WHO'S DONE THIS BEFORE

[attr=class,punkianger-gvcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentbg"]background: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentborder"]border-color: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
here be dragonites [m]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 15:01:30 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Dr. Cavalli's words don't inspire a lot of confidence in Skyler, especially now that the light has dimmed somewhat and she notices the way he seems to be favouring one leg. 

Skyler almost misses Dr. Cavalli's question. She automatically reaches back, wincing at the sensitive flesh on the back of her head. When she moves her hand back into her field of vision, the tips of her fingers are coated with red.

"I have a small wound on the back of my head - and a possible concussion." The way she speaks is matter-of-fact, as if she were simply stating a fact. "It's nothing serious, but we have to get back to camp asap." Especially since there's a murderous pokémon on the loose and there's no telling where it might go next.

Dizziness overwhelms her for a second when she attempts to shake her head, and she has to breathe for a couple of seconds before she can answer Dr. Cavalli's question. "I saw a large tail and orange scales. Two glowing eyes. And... Antennae? I think?" 

As the light brightens around them, Skyler takes the time to study the room they're in, noticing symbols on the smooth rock walls. Human-made walls. Her eyes follow the loose, round rocks until she sees water - perhaps one of those underwater passages they'd seen before? She has to get closer. 

● tags:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
here be dragonites [m]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2020 13:26:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"Concussion? Fuck."[break][break]

He's no doctor, but he knows that's not good. It'd be fine if they weren't in some dark pit with no knowledge of what had sent them down here.[break][break]

Still, there's no point fretting over it. They needed to act.[break][break]

"Antennae?" He automatically associates such things with bugs. Orange scales make him think of a Charizard, but they'd have seen the light cast off by its flaming tail. He's certain of one thing — it doesn't match the description of any steel-type or fossil he's aware of. "No kidding about its tail, though, I felt that."[break][break]

He rubs subconsciously at his hip where the creature's tail had made contact.[break][break]

Noticing Skyler head toward the water, he follows with a slight limp. He can't help but to marvel at their surroundings, the symbols hewn into rock. "You think this passage might lead back up?"

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
here be dragonites [m]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 20:34:47 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"No idea." Skyler confesses, her eyes peering into the water. "I don't think we have much of a choice," her eyes focus on Dr. Cavalli and a corner of her mouth curls up into a wry grin, "unless you have some way to bring us back up there." It is a possibility, but she doesn't think so. If he did, he would've already told her.

There's a small moment of panic in which Skyler reaches for her pokéballs and finds that the belt is askew around her waist - all the pokéball are accounted for, thankfully, and she breathes out a small sigh of relief.

With a bright flash, a Kabutops emerges from the pokéball, looking strangely ominous with its bladed limbs. "Libra, go scout ahead." 

The Kabutops disappears under the dark water silently, its shape merging with the darkness within a few seconds. Skyler watches the ripples widen for a moment before she leans against a nearby rock, head pounding. "I usually go ahead myself, but with what happened back there..." There's a small pause before she continues. "I don't trust this place as long as it looks human-made. Underwater caves? That I can deal with; have dealt with before. This?" She motions to the etched symbols and the smooth walls. "This is something else." 

Just as Libra's head breaks the water, the sound of something scraping against stone echoes ominously in the chamber, and Skyler sees the shadow of something descend from the pit they'd fallen into.

● tags:

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
here be dragonites [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 23:02:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"I do, but..." Gavin's gaze traces the outline of shadows above and he swears he can see them flicker. A shiver crawls unbidden up his spine and he turns away from the ledge high above. "I'm not sure we want to go back up."[break][break]

He follows Skyler, instead, marvels at the Kabutops she releases from its ball. Beautiful creature. It slips into the water and Gavin finds himself lamenting the decision to leave Dhelmise behind. He returns Lycanroc to her ball.[break][break]

Earlier concerns are realised as something clatters behind them. "Go!"[break][break]

He breaks into an unsteady run to close the distance between himself and the dark waters, pain surging through his sprained ankle with every step. The water is cold even through the insulated diving gear but he slips into the water like a fish and kicks away from shore. Hopefully, whatever pursued them couldn't swim.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
here be dragonites [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 18:12:22 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler's heart is pounding like a trapped animal trying to escape its cage. She's closer to the water than Dr. Cavalli, yet stands her ground until the man rushes past her before following suit. She's the head of the expedition - the last one to abandon ship, so to speak, and she has to make sure everyone's safety is assured before she thinks of her own.

The sound of something heavy hitting the ground has her nerves firing in sudden alarm. The dark waters feel inviting and intimidating in equal measure as she jumps in, yet curiosity overtakes her: a second before she dives into their depths she risks a brief look back at the chamber.

The glint of malicious, mad eyes meets her as a creature rushes in their direction. The beginnings of a enraged howl chills the blood in her veins just before she dives under, kicking her feet and making her way toward what she thinks, hopes might be the exit.

Libra finds her, and the captain holds onto the Kabutops as it swims toward what she thinks is a specific direction. Dr. Cavalli swims close, and Skyler grabs hold of his arm as her Pokémon leads them to a very narrow tunnel and into a small chamber.

When Skyler breaks the surface, she's panting, slightly dizzy from the adrenaline and the lack of air in her lungs. "Dr. Cavalli? Are you okay?" 

● tags:
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
here be dragonites [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 10:45:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

Drowning is his biggest fear.[break][break]

It's as if he can feel the ocean's attempts to digest him, the walls of its throat pressing tight. He is conscious of the quickness of his breaths, forcing himself to breathe slow and deep to avoid wasting the oxygen in the tank. He cannot breach soon enough.[break][break]

When he breaks the surface, he clings to the closest solid ground.[break][break]

"I'm fine," he lies, amber eyes finding the captain in the gloom. "Did we go the right way?"

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
here be dragonites [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 4:14:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: