under the sea [m]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 21:39:46 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥

mission time
[attr="class","katherine"]
Katherine practically fought to get signed up for this.

Sure, her style involved a lot more crime and this almost seemed out of character for her to ask to join, but still. A diving mission and the risk of running into pirates? It sounded perfect. And maybe it could have been if it wasn't for the two Kabutops swimming nearby her Lapras. She loathed this species. A bad run-in with a Kabutops in her first climb of the tower left a sour taste in her mouth, and a bad image for the pokemon.

She couldn't bear looking at it without cringing.

"Lapis, please... Get them out of my sight." The Lapras needed no more than that comment before acting, shooting off a beam to encase both of the fossil-pokemons with an ICE BEAM. "Thank you."

With the threat now neutralized, Katherine was finally prepared to move on. She considered sending a text to her partner, Gavin, but she ditched the idea as soon as she spotted him arriving on the scene.

"Heeey!"

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,835 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
under the sea [m]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2020 13:35:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","teamg"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

Arctovish were ridiculous. What scientist in their right mind had mashed two fossils together, gotten this as a result, and decided to call it a day? He has to feed the creature by hand, for its mouth sits uselessly atop its head and gapes at nothing, as if hoping some brainless fish Pokemon might swim into its hungry maw. Ridiculous.[break][break]

Still, they were efficient swimmers and better divers, and that's what Gavin needed here.[break][break]

"Hey."[break][break]

His hand lifts from the creature's back to offer Katherine a friendly wave. Though their personal interactions have been minimal, he has respect for his fellow Rocket. Had he thought her incompetent, after all, he'd never have agreed to let her tag along.[break][break]

"Any signs of pirate activity?"[break][break]

They would stop pirates should any cross their paths, naturally, but they weren't here to help the shipment: they, too, were here to steal it.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.teamg]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
under the sea [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 10:28:05 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥

mission time
A brief sway of her head confirms that so far not a single pirate has shown their face. Katherine figured that they were stationed elsewhere and not quite on the dock itself. After all, that was the way she'd try to ambush a shipment if she was ever given the task. Away from the public eye, far from land. It'd only leave her with more time before rangers arrive.

"Nope, nothing so far. Who knows though, maybe these reports are all bullshit and there are no pirates." She was only half-joking. But then again, she couldn't think of a reason someone would make up such a lie.

"You aren't hiding scared of diving, are you?" Getting wet couldn't be avoided if they wanted to complete their task. "If you have any childhood fears you're hiding then it's best to spit them out now. I have to know what to expect."

She waits just long enough for Gavin to answer her question or roll his eyes at it.

"Anyway, I am not the biggest fan of clowns. I am not scared of them or anything, but there's a good chance I'll try to punch one if they're also down there." A shrug follows her words.

There was a time and place for everything, of course, and now was time to put on the diving gear. Once that's finished, she jumped into the water to join her Lapras.

"Lapis, if we see more of those Kabutops... Feel free to shoot them again."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,835 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
under the sea [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 13:31:26 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","teamg"]

"Ah, don't go getting my hopes up."[break][break]

'Fear is a weakness, and weakness gets you killed.' Familiar words echo through his thoughts. If Katherine's question has any effect on him, Gavin doesn't show it; he laughs, instead, shakes his head.[break][break]

"I wouldn't agree to the job if I was." Yet in spite of the words that haunt him, he offers no judgement when she offers up her own misgivings about — clowns, of all things. He smirks, amused. "Doesn't have anything to do with our Beast, does it?"[break][break]

She'd been at Littleroot, would have seen the destruction the clown-Beast had caused.[break][break]

"Don't worry," he jests, "I don't think it can swim."[break][break]

Gavin, however, is an excellent swimmer. Fear is a weakness. He puts on his diving mask and adjusts it before slipping beneath the waves. First stop: intercepting the ship where it had docked, and stealing the cargo.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: fun fact: gavin's worst fear is drowning

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.teamg]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
under the sea [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 13:58:45 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"A little. But I had it before I saw that thing, so it doesn't really matter."

Although being blasted by that thing didn't help. Katherine didn't imagine that a fellow Rocket's pokemon would be the one to almost maim her, but with all the chaos that transpired that day, she couldn't blame them. And she also happened to get a free ride because of the same clown, so it wasn't all bad.

"Well, if it can swim..."

She raised her arm, repeating the same threat without words: she'd punch the beast as well. Or maybe not. But there was some intent in the gesture, surely.

Lapras seems to lead the way for Katherine in the process of both swimming and diving. The dual-type allows his trainer to grab his shell to make the process faster. It's a bit more disorientating than she'd like it to be, but also much faster.

Only a short while passes before she can spot the ship from afar and recognize it. It was the one they were after.
Lapras brings himself and his trainer up so Katherine can take a look around, she easily notices the alleged pirates. After all, Sharpedos were a cliche, and it makes sense for them to carry a couple of those with them.

"We don't want them to see us coming, Lapis."

A nod is all the dual-type gave before expelling a MIST through his lips, setting up the stage for both Gavin and Katherine.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,835 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
under the sea [m]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 13:55:58 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","teamg"]

Much like Katherine and her Lapras, Gavin is content to let his Arctovish do most of the heavy lifting. Ridiculous though it looked, the fossil Pokemon cut through the ocean with practiced ease.[break][break]

They reach their destination, and Gavin smirks as mist spreads across the surface of the water.[break][break]

"Smart. I'll handle the sharks; you secure the cargo while they're distracted."[break][break]

When they're close enough to attack, Gavin silently signals his Arctovish to use its FREEZE-DRY. Sharpedo float to the surface like bizarre popsicles, jaws gaping with an unfulfilled intent to attack. Now it was up to Katherine.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
under the sea [m]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 16:55:12 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"Got it!"

Katherine was probably a bit louder than necessary, but hey, she wasn't famous for being quiet or good at hiding her excitement. If anything, it was the opposite. She was louder than most and it often worked against her in Rocket.

With Gavin providing a distraction and the mist masking her approach, all Kat had to do is guide Lapras to where it should be. They sneak from behind as the pirates panic and question what happened to their pokemon.

Katherine uses the chaos to her advantage, making the most out of the opportunity by sending out another pokemon who can easily transport the cargo elsewhere. The pokemon in question, her Claydol, levitates slowly until it reaches the ship itself. A blinding, pink light announces its arrival and also its departure. TELEPORT allows the psychic-type to disappear along with the cargo.

Simultaneously, a pat or two on Lapras's shell are given, signaling for the water-type to start heading back.

When the pair of them make it back to Gavin's side, Kat flashes her superior a smile, "We got it. And unless you want to mess with them... We can go now."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,835 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
under the sea [m]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 9:50:54 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","teamg"]

Gavin observes the Claydol, impressed. He was unaware those strange creatures had the ability to teleport, making a mental note to acquire one down the line.[break][break]

Thanks to his offense and Katherine's utility, the capture of the intended cargo goes off without a hitch. He shakes his head at the notion of messing with them, wishing to attract as little attention as possible... but it's too late. Alerted of pirate activity, a group authorized by the League have been dispatched to defend the cargo and immediately realize it's been taken.[break][break]

"Keep that mist up! We've got to get out of sight, fast."[break][break]

Gavin sends out his Castform; it begins to HAIL, and the weather Pokemon's body shifts to a more suitable type. Arctovish sets up an AURORA VEIL, practically vanishing into the misty hailstorm.[break][break]

Behind them, the boat begins to sound alarms that echo across the ocean.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
under the sea [m]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 18:10:58 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥

mission time
Lapras seemed to have the same idea in mind, expelling more MIST out of his mouth just as Gavin had made his request. An order from his trainer wasn't even necessary.

"So... I am taking that as a 'no' for the whole messing with them part."

Katherine's smile is light and carefree, like the two of them weren't being chased and she couldn't hear the echoing siren. For someone who was considered at the very least competent, she took things a lot less seriously than she should have. But it's not a lack of respect she had, but instead, a whole lot of arrogance. It flows within her veins, thick as blood.

There's a good chance that if it wasn't for the fact that she was working with an Underboss on this mission, she would've considered staying around to mess with the rangers by herself.

But hey, she had to leave a good impression on him.

2Xnhk5yj

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,835 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
under the sea [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 11:20:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","teamg"]

"Legal trouble is expensive, Kat."[break][break]

Though he's in no mood to entertain the thought of messing with the league, he doesn't seem annoyed by Katherine's carefree attitude. She was capable even in her apparent recklessness, and that was all he asked for.[break][break]

Of course, the Rangers could be equally capable in groups.[break][break]

"We're going to need to split up." He's confident in his own ability to lose a tail and he leaves it up to Katherine whether or not she decides to run or fight them. They can split the cargo between them either way, ensuring a profit so long as one of them managed to escape their pursuers. "Rendezvous at HQ in an hour. If I don't see you, I'll assume the worst. Good work."[break][break]

He offers a mock salute before his Arctovish DIVES below the mist and waves.[break][break]

M0Osr8Fn

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,627 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
under the sea [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 23:42:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 70 poke (egf), 5 infamy, 1x premium gachapon ticket (bonus).
[break]