rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 11:16:29 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥
[attr="class","katherine"]
She wasn't hungry.

Katherine's stomach grumbled quietly as if to protest the mere thought. She was hungry. It's just that the food sucked in the headquarters and no one seemed to care. It was either that or that others genuinely liked it, but she found that hard to believe. Nevertheless, the Rocketess found herself inside the cafeteria, eyeing certain things with a very light interest.

She settled for a chicken salad, the one that looked the most fresh out of the few they had– which wasn't much.

Call it fate, call it luck, call it a higher force that protected her even inside this submarine - she fails to notice and the tray along with the bowl of salad drop to the floor, leaving the woman blinking a couple of times. It wasn't his fault in the slightest, but it happened in such a close proximity to Elijah that that blaming it on him seemed fair.

"Fuck. You know, if you weren't taking so much space in here, this wouldn't have happened."

There's no way she's cleaning that up.

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 7:06:51 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 the collision doesn't bother elijah. it is the catastrophic ruckus that does. plastic clattering on the floor, salad spilled like a toppled house of cards. it's too much. and some of it has gotten on his pants.

"maybe you should watch where you're going instead." elijah snaps. he stares at the chicken salad, strips of meat dying on the floor. "when you clean this all up, are you going to dry clean my pants too?"

he grumbles. like disturbed sediment at the bottom of a river, his voice rises in gravely disgruntlement.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 8:25:48 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"And what exactly makes you think I am going to clean this up?"

Maybe when hell freezes over Katherine would consider this, but right now? There's no way. Her eyes scan Elijah from head to toe, stopping once they've reached his pants. "Here– I'll do you one better! I can throw them in the trash for you. They belong there."

Where he grumbles, she offers a smug smile.

Her bottle of water was still half full, and Kat was somewhat tempted to spill whatever remained of it on Elijah. For now, she does hold back.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 7:31:32 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "who do you think you are talking to me like that?" elijah snarls.

he has seen her around before. heard things. recently, she had received accolades for her role in littleroot— and similar celebration had been showered upon the unruly intruders to his quarters and home.

"your mess. your responsibility." elijah grits his teeth. "we may be criminals— but this isn't fucking kindergarten."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 11:18:44 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"Do yourself a favor and stop embarrassing yourself, love." Her eyes roll backward. It seemed like she wasn't all too impressed with Elijah.

"I've seen you around before. And I really doubt that you or your precious little plants can threaten me." Katherine was in her element. Getting under people's skin was practically her role in Rocket, save for the actual criminal activity she was hired to do. "Trust me, I've seen bigger trees."

Her hand moves to press a single finger against his chest, weakly pushing him back.

"And they weren't all that scary either."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 7:52:26 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 elijah stares down at the finger pressed against his chest. his nose is like an arrow— and is sharpened like one too. despite katherine's wit, the green-haired apothecary only voices his displeasure through barbaric grunts.

"so you've been eyeing me." elijah rolls his eyes. "and now you've graduated to touching me. listen butterfingers, i'm not looking."

he steps on a strip of pale white chicken.

"what's your name? i want to make sure we're never placed in a mission together, thanks."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 18:20:12 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"Is this your way of asking me out?"

She can't help it, her lips curl to form a smile and she bats her eyelashes like a teenager who's talking to her crush for the first time. It's manufactured and she mostly schools her features into doing all of this– which is half of the fun, duh.

If a career as a criminal didn't work out for Katherine, she'd fit right in with the best of Slateport's actresses.

"Cute. Really cute." The smile lingers, painting her expression with bliss. Each grunt Elijah releases encourages her to continue, "Well, it's Katherine then. But don't worry– you won't have to ask. I'll make sure we're paired for a job together soon."

"How does that sound to you, love?"

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 6:29:30 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 elijah responds flatly.

"no."

the high school crush act causes his lips to sag at their corners. elijah can't help but be envious of those able to perform. still, he is unaware of the masks and props he uses himself.

"i like to keep it professional." elijah kicks the crushed chicken slice away. a scattering of lettuce sprays from his shoe. "do we even have hr? can we shunt you out of this sub like an alien out of a spaceship?"

he crosses his arms. unwilling to give her the last word.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 14:09:30 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Her eyes roll again.

It feels like they've been rolling constantly throughout their conversation, but Katherine didn't seem to mind it. Elijah entertained her more than that plain chicken salad could have. Sure, she wouldn't admit it, but his company... Wasn't all too bad.

Even considering his strange, old-man grunts.

"Come on, you and I both know they'd never believe you. They'll probably ask you about what you did to harass me if anything." If Rocket had an HR branch, that is. Kat never cared enough to find out.

"You, me, a place for us to rob together. You can even show me your little plants. Think about it, won't you?" Her smile lingers and she turns after a couple more moments, already moving to exit the cafeteria. She'll have to ignore her hunger for the sake of leaving Elijah with her having the last word.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 6:30:11 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "oh. you want to see my plants?" elijah seems sincere. interest in his practice rewards katherine with a malleable moment before the polymer clay face hardens once again.

he grunts again. off-tune notes of an old man— despite his relative youth.

"fine. warning you. you're making it sound like a date." elijah sighs, the breath like a deflating party pipe. "if we do a mission, you'll be watering my plants since i'm doing you a favor."

a tired looking man comes by, brushing the lettuce into a dustpan while ignoring them altogether.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 15:06:15 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"Hey, don't project what you want on me."

If it wasn't for how cheerful the tone that carries her words was, one could think that this was a serious warning. Instead, it's obvious that Katherine is finding this to be fun— it's all a game. "Sure, sure. I'll water your plants if it makes you any less grumpy."

Kat takes a mental note to sign them both up for some mission, even if it means she has to do so without Elijah's consent.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 9:15:11 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 the gall of this woman. still, at least she stands her ground— and isn't afraid of him. these thoughts remain planted in the dark, buried under the callous glances he stabs with.

"yeah, it would." elijah says. "what do you anyway? aside from hacking up tree roots." he crosses his arms and shakes his head, "i just want to know what i'm getting into."

as the man finishes cleaning katherine's salad off the floor, elijah sighs. a sliver of guilt remains like the food residue left on his shoes.

"let's get you another meal before i have to hear your mouth and your stomach."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 13:56:27 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Katherine represses a chuckle at the mention of the roots. She wonders if it might cause Elijah to have second thoughts about her watering his plants.

"Whatever Rocket needs me to." She was devoted to the organization. "Well, as long as it pays at least. But it usually does." Ah, of course. It's because of the money that Kat's loyalty lies here. "Please, you love the way I sound."

Katherine was vain to a fault, but as far as she was concerned, it was a part of her charm.

"You still have some lettuce on your shoe, by the way." She mentions offhandedly while making her way to the salad fridge, choosing the same bowl as before. You can't go wrong with chicken salad, can you?

"Do you want anything for yourself?"

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2020 6:26:20 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 elijah crumples cusses in his palate. through the filter of his hardened jaw, they come out as old man grumbles. the kind that can be heard from a lavaridge hotspring as the elderly leave their pools, their joints creaking with bitter memories and sepia regrets.

"yeah, who's fault is that." elijah kicks the wilted leaf from his shoe. it flops onto the ground. "i'm taking a granola bar." he raises a brow as he surveys the selections, plucking a chewy chocolate chip from a woven basket.

"you know you're eating alone, right?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
rule number one [c]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2020 15:58:44 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Again, Katherine makes no effort to stifle her laughter and pretend that she's sorry. There's not an ounce of regret in the woman's body, and she makes sure to flaunt such a fact.

"I already told you, you were taking too much space." She rids herself of the guilt and shifts it towards him instead, "I probably made your day better, anyway. You looked like you could use a distraction." And considering Kat even got him to rise from his seat... She could call this a success.

"Wait, you're leaving?" She has half a mind to drop this salad bowl as well, while Elijah is still in the danger zone. "You should stay. You can tell me about your plants and how often they need to be watered, or whatever."

template by rem of WW