2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
buy u a drink . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 21:24:58 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

this was her scene; one filled with an overabundance of music, warm bodies and noise. the beach bar was presently populated by a multitude of individuals who were likely pumping themselves with large quantities of alcohol. cait abstained, of course; aware that she lost her usual edge when she ingested more than a few sips of the familiar poison. 

typically she only indulged in the occasional glass of wine in private - where she was out of sight and out of mind. 

'let's see - ' 

cait resisted the urge to lick her lips, her verdant gaze sharp as she surveyed the crowd whilst sipping at a fruity combination of liquid. she leaned against the bar as she polished off the remainder of her drink whilst boasting large sunglasses and a deep green bikini. 

'not my type,' she thought, eyeing a stranger. 'a bit to short. that one's too tall. that one needs to eat a bit more.'

a hint of a frown formed, the woman forced to acknowledge that she was being extremely picky.

"refill or - ?" 

the bartender found himself with a nearly empty glass in his hands. 

"i'm good."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 8:51:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]So much for a vacation. The bulk of his time at the beach was spent either chaperoning — a miraculous bargain that no one quite understands how she managed to swindle him into — or shotgunning through the Pokeathlon. Time away from the office does Fernando good beyond just the mental relief. Constant exposure to sunlight has painted his skin a deeper tone that matches the paint set he owes his Smeargle. Even his bags have started to blend into his natural skin tone, symbolically fading away alongside his stress.

Only at night does Fernando find solace in freedom. He's even abandoned any care for appearances, wearing only a pair of black swimming trunks. His lack of sandals or any type of shoes shows in the way the sand sprinkles between his toes. It isn't until he washes up to the bar that Fernando bothers with shaking them clean.

Music lulls the crowd into a festive fever. Scattered speakers mark every remarkable point of convergence. Locals and tourist alike find a reason to dance in their summer stupor, clearing out the bar well enough for Fernando to approach without having to wade through too many bodies. At first, he doesn't recognize Cait, hidden in plain sight. He's never seen her in anything aside from her League attire or a formal dress, hence the disconnection between her body and glasses.

Ignorant to a fault, Fernando looks over one of the drink menus, looking to revisit some of the specialty cocktails from the earlier Beach Party.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 14:58:52 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

initially, her gaze slides over fernando as she continues to survey the crowd. a startled look flashing across her features as she identifies the man, her brows arching high upon her forehead. cait considers her options as she takes him in from a distance, their last face-to-face encounter having been somewhat unsatisfactory. 

'for him, at least.' 

it had been sometime since she had contacted him -  far too preoccupied by her newfound freedom and preparing her newfound accommodations. so she initially maintains her distance, mulling over a potential conversation starter before she approaches. 

"mister silph?"

she gestures toward the seat at his left, appearing a tad bashful as she flashes him a smile.

"
may i?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 17:24:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Seldom can voices snap up his attention with a vigor that leaves him rigid in attention. Cait Alfric is one of the few. As the one trainer who met his expectation immaculately while eating out of his lap, she's earned it. While that honor may have expired, bad habits are hard to break. It shows in the way his recognition reflects the same courtesy smile he returns her, one well saturated in the halls of Lilycove and the occasional visit to Mauville.

"Alfric—"

Instincts simmer down with time. Fernando drops the mask and instead scoffs inwardly, face loosening up as his smile seems to slacken into something more natural. It reeks of a predator, of a man conspiring for his own gain.

"—I suppose Cait would be more appropriate."

A sweep of his hand brushed off the seat. He pats it for good measure, welcoming.

"I hope things are well."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 4:05:53 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she settles herself upon the padded seat, removing her sunglasses to reveal her familiar gaze to him. she eyed him with open curiosity, rarely having witnessed him in beach wear. 

'he looks nice.' 

but she leaves it at that, remaining somewhat professional as she minds her station. 

'he is my boss, still.' 

there were a multitude of benefits to remaining affiliated with fernando, after all. 

"they are," she replied, smoothly. "
i'm getting settled down in my new home - a cabin in the woods with a lot of land to work with. and you, mister silph? how have you been?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 9:49:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Good, good.” Fernando could care less but that’s expected by now. As long as he can keep up the farce, no one can tell between his inward chuckle and uncanny smirk. “I’m glad you’re able to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

The question turns to him and he answers by fumbling the drink menu. He opens it up, turned toward her, gesturing for her to pick something. “Believe it or not,” his speech slows down as he also takes his chance to read some of the cocktails, “I’m on vacation.

Surprisingly prompt, Fernando is able to find something he wants and notes the name into his short term memory. “Which means a little more Silph Co. and a lot less Council. But otherwise I’ve been good. ‘Learning to relax’ or so my doctor says.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2020 15:14:25 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

genuine worry creased her features as her eyes rounded slightly. 

"
are you okay?"

it was a small relief that he was seeing a doctor, though she hoped it was a yearly check-up as opposed to  frequent visits. the man was quite the workaholic, after all, his ambition likely driving him to the point of utter exhaustion. 

"you should take breaks more often," she recommended. "i used up nearly all my leave days before transitioning out of active duty."

all short spurts, of course. several days here - a week there, if she was ahead of the game. and now that she was back to being a partial citizen, she could maintain a more relaxed schedule. 

"what have you been up to aside from visiting the occasional bar? clubbing? the beach?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 19:38:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"I'm fine."

The more evident her worry the harder it becomes to do anything but smile. Although guilt in itself is a powerful tool, there's little use on placing it someone like Cait. Her mental fortitude comes second to her undying patriotism. That much he trusts, if only because he refuses to accept that his hold on her has faltered to such an extent.

"I've worked for too much of my life to quit now," mild laughter, small talk, it's boring but it gets the job done. Fernando waves at the bartender and picks the most colorful drink from the menu. He expects it to taste as good as they make it look.

"Exercising, actually. The Pokeathlon is coming up and I intend to win it all. Every single event and every single place. Silph Co.'s marketing department is counting on it."

His eyebrows raise, as if challenging.

"How about you? Interested?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2020 9:09:55 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"
i'm far too preoccupied with the party scene," she admitted. "anything involving dancing and good music is where i'm headed towards for the next week - give or take a few days.

she had barely payed any attention to the upcoming pokeathlon. more so preoccupied with rebuilding her meager social circle and finding company in both familiar and unfamiliar faces. 

"
after this -

she gestures to their immediate surroundings - to the excitement in the air that called for relaxation and good company. 

"
- i'm going straight back to my cabin in the woods. there's a fresh batch of eggs that were lain recently and i try to keep a close eye on the next generation. that and schooling, of course."

this was a summer's vacation and little else. she'd quickly make her return when she had her fill of good fun underneath the sun. 

"
i also want to go back to not having my face plastered all over social media. it was nice while it lasted - but the idea of being painfully ordinary again is appealing."

cait was no one prior to meeting fernando - little more than a fresh-faced soldier with a chesnaught by her side during their initial encounter. the memory was so old - yet so vivid

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2020 22:27:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Party scene?"

Fernando's not sure whether to be amused or surprised. He's never take Cait for the type but then again he's never really known her all too well. From their encounters, as numerous as they were over the past two years, he's always assumed she's cut from the same cloth as his own. Her obedience, her skill, her growth, they all remind him of a Silph that never had the proper guidance to put them onto the road to success.

But she's not a Silph and he had been foolish to try and curate a doppleganger. Cait Alfric is human, just like the rest of them, and her breaking point shows that she too has needs. It's unfortunate that they're not the same as his own.

"I'm sure your fan club will miss you well," Fernando keeps to himself, avoiding eye contact as they drift along the counter top. "I used to be one of your highest rated fans." That's half-true — it's more of him snooping around and getting elevated privileges due to being an authorized celebrity account.

"I'm glad you're making the most of this. Enjoy it while you can." There's a wistful grin on his face when the drink is delivered, nestled under a small umbrella, pushed forward with straws for two. "You never know when things will get crazy again."