rewind to yesterday

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rewind to yesterday
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 4:18:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The mission was given, and Circe was late. A meeting point with her and her supposed 'partner' was settled upon, just outside the heavily guarded and well hidden cove inhabited by murderous pirates. Situated above a daring cliff that overlooked the vast beach and peered just overhead the cove, it was accessible only by flight - and otherwise, a perfect spot to scheme. Unfortunately, the woman had disregarded how time worked.

"Yo," there was a yawn, "sorry I'm late." There was no remorse in her voice. Coming back to work from a vacation was difficult, if not depressing. Her eyes briefly flickered over to a few spheal desperately attempting to cool each other off in the scorching heat.

@open to another team rocket /wave
mission
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
rewind to yesterday
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 1:35:43 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Back at it with these fucking pirates. Didn't these shitheads learn anything the last time Oscar came around? Obviously not, because here he was again sent to clean them up. This time however, they decided to add defenses to their base. A lot of them.

From his vantage point on the cliff, Oscar spied multiple patrols revolving around the cove. Smart enough way to guard their hideout. Can't give them too much credit though, damn idiots sent out ground and dark types. Just because Nidoking is scary and strong doesn't mean he won't get washed away come high tide. 

Oscar's partner in this raid arrived late, a rare reversal of Oscar's usual tendencies. He wasn't bothered by the tardiness, it gave him time to take in the ocean air. He pulled out a cigarette case as his partner approached, opening it to reveal a set of lollipops. He held the assortment out to her, "Name's Oscar. You're not late if nothing's happened."

After his partner made her choice Oscar chose a sucker of his own before holstering the case. He pointed his neck toward the cove, "Just as the intel said it's heavily fortified. But heavily doesn't mean well, bunch of clowns have no idea what they're doing. Built up their walls real fuckin' strong like but a bit of finesse will tear it right down."

He allowed his partner a moment to survey the scene, "How do you wanna do this?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rewind to yesterday
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 8:44:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Circe didn't hesitate in taking one of the offered sweets, popping into her lips a violet hued sucker. It tasted like fruit - she couldn't determine which though. "Sweets are the quickest way to a girls heart, you know? I think I like you already." A lazy smirk dawned on her lips, a halfhearted attempt at being somewhat agreeable. The cattiness of her tone never seems to fall though. "Circe." She introduces herself before falling silent to take in his observation.

There's a hum, narrowed eyes looking downwards at the well fortified cove through pale lashes. "Truthfully, I'm not very strong." Circe informed her companion with a shrug of her shoulders. She wasn't much of a trainer, after all. "So I'll need you to do the heavy lifting." Honestly, it wasn't her style anyway. She preferred to give command and watch the results. "We have the higher ground here already to know what we're dealing with." Despite their heavy forces, the idiotic pirates didn't seem to take into consideration of their location, and its many possible infiltration points. "We can get closer, and I'll use my ninetales to create an opening." She was mildly vague about what that 'opening' was. "And you'll wipe whatever remains out."

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
rewind to yesterday
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 3:28:53 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
"Right, no problem with that." Oscar's team was focused on assault, so he didn't mind taking the lead on facing the guards. He stretched a bit and sighed, "So should we do codenames? Sometimes my partners like to do that. I can be Loop and you can be Fruit." As Oscar released tension in his shoulders he snickered, "I'm kidding don't agree to that. I have trouble with silence. Shall we begin?"

When Circe was ready, Oscar let out Xyler the Yanmega to transport him to the ground. He followed Circe on her own transport, the duo trying their best to be stealthy as they traveled toward an outcropping of rocks that made for perfect cover. It was not hard, their guards were plentiful but they were as dumb as their trainers. They didn't even attempt to look up. 

When they landed behind the rocks, Oscar hopped off Xyler and looked to Circe. "I'll leave it to you, you create the opening and I'll dive in swinging." Oscar pulled out a pokeball and began to toss it up into the air, only to catch it swiftly. He did this motion a few times, waiting eagerly to see Circe perform.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rewind to yesterday
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 0:58:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The stare Circe offered him at his suggestion of codenames could be described as 'flat and blank' - likely trying to discern whether he was serious or not. Thankfully though, the pale haired man quickly waved off his statement as nothing more than a jest. She cracked a small smirk that seemed slightly forced, but didn't comment on it - which was good, considering it was rare the woman had anything nice to say.

She led the way, using the borrowed honchkrow to lower herself down, thankful for the bird's near silent flight. Behind the perfect cover of tall, dark rocks, it gave her a moment to get her bearings straight before leading the charge. "Alright, I'm counting on you." Circe stood, back facing towards him as she pulled her furred jacket closer, a small smirk playing on her lips, "don't fuck it up."

Three pokemon were released with a flash of subtle light. An alolan ninetales, a regular ninetales, and her weavile. The abrupt appearance of the duo caught the immediate attention of the many others surrounding the area. "Well, let's get this started, shall we? Let's make this a nice, lovely white wonderland."

The words were understood by her team, the two ice types immediately releasing a slew of ice. A sheer cold from the ninetales made the temperature abruptly freeze, the ground before them turning to ice, snow beginning to pile and form, whilst an icy wind blew from the weavile, aiding in the frozen chaos. There was a mixture of pokemon and humans being frozen solid alike, as well as feet abruptly being stuck to the ground. Thankfully, both Circe and Oscar were relatively safe behind the cover of the rocks, as the battleground froze over.

"Don't let up." Circe commanded the ice-types, who kept up their assault. "Confuse Ray." She ordered her ninetales, who preyed on a nearby Tyranitar that lunged towards them by its pirate trainer's command. The mountainous pokemon stopped in its tracks before turning back to its allies. In sheer confusion, it attacked its once friends, assaulting them with a hyper beam. It was a mixture of frozen or stuck pokemon or those currently running from their lives from the rampaging godzilla - a nice slew of openings, as their already pathetic formation was broken easily by the two rocket members. 

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
rewind to yesterday
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2020 18:28:22 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar clicked his tongue at Circe's warning to not 'fuck it up'. "Well I'll try but you never know." He gave her a playful smile as she began her work. Leaning against their hiding place, he watched intently as she commanded her pokemon. She claimed to not be very strong, but for some reason Oscar felt like she was underselling herself.

His theory would gain credibility as her ice types unleashed their power upon the pirates. Oscar watched as the area was transformed into a snowy landscape, with pirate and pokemon alike freezing under the weight of an icy breeze. Oscar lifted his eyebrows, perhaps she didn't even need him.

However it became clear that there were still many left to deal with, especially as the Sheer Colds died down. The other guards arrived, and while that confused tyranitar kept them occupied it would be up to Oscar to finish them off. "My turn." He pulled out two pokeballs and released their contents. Out came his Arcanine, Argoth, and his Dragonite, Ludicrous. 

The two looked at Oscar for orders, and Oscar responded by pointing past the rock and saying, "Get out there and rip apart anything that moves. Oh, unless they were an alolan ninetails or a weaville." Argoth barked loudly before ripping off through the snow, but Ludicrous hesitated. Was she really expected to fight with all this ice around? She gave Oscar a worried look, and Oscar responded with a hand motion that read, 'Today please.' Reluctantly, Ludicrous flew off into the fray.

Argoth immediately got to work, using the back of the rampaging tyranitar to vault himself among the defending pirates and their pokemon. Upon landing he unleashed a radical blast of Flamethrower, setting many of the poor pirates aflame. Using a mix of Extreme Speed and Reversal, Argoth  pin-balled from pokemon to pokemon, knocking them down with the weight of his attacks. It wasn't enough to knock them out though, that was Ludicrous's job.

Not wanting to touch the snow, Ludicrous stayed in the sky to unleash blasts of Dragon Pulse upon the foes Argoth had knocked over. When a pokemon wasn't knocked down, Ludicrous would instead use Wing Attack to get them on the ground before following up with the pulse. It was nothing fancy, but their team work was getting the job done. 

Oscar watched patiently, fighting the urge to give orders. He was practicing letting his pokemon use their training and instincts to battle, after hearing the advice to do so about five times too many. It was a struggle though, he was so used to micromanaging he could not imagine just letting them fight on their own. But they seemed to be doing alright so far, so he simply observed to nurse his lollipop.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rewind to yesterday
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 1:11:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Stay out of the way." The command was directed towards her pokemon with a raised hand. Both ice-types remained diligent, remaining by her side and out of the way of her partner's fighting duo just up ahead, and instead providing assistance when needed in finishing off a stray guard or two. She was mildly impressed by her teammate's duo, who seemed to handle themselves well with few commands. Circe, of course, didn't audibly say this, but her lack of complaining said plenty.

The battlefield, while previously chaotic, was beginning to thin out as they were picked apart by their more skilled combatants. Their larger, slower ground types were easily dismantled by the ground assault, be it frozen in place or set aflame, before being ultimately dealt with by their above force.

"Let's start advancing and pushing inwards towards the goal." She pointed a finger towards where the goods were likely hidden, as seen by the small unit of unmoving pirates towards the back of the cove. "You deal with the front and I'll watch our backs." Most that remained were already weakened anyway, it shouldn't have been too difficult of a task for her. "Once we get close enough though, leave them to me." She offered a wink.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
rewind to yesterday
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2020 1:32:14 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar turned to respond to Circe about 'staying out of the way', until he realized she was talking to her pokemon. Oscar fumbled over his words as this clicked, "Hey I--uh ah, right. Nothing never mind." He turned back toward the scene, his face turning bright red. Curse his lack of social finesse. Instead of focusing on his blunder, he kept his attention fixed on his pokemon.

The duo was making quick work of the pirates' teams. With most of the main open area cleared, Oscar agreed with Circe that it was time to advance. After she had finished speaking, Oscar called to his soldiers. "Move forward! Put down anything that moves and keep the path clear!" Oscar began walking forward, following behind his rampaging duo. There seemed to be very few hostiles between them and their goal--until...

Oscar gawked, stopping his approach as he saw it. "Is that a fuckin' Salamence!?" Indeed it was, a god-damn salamence appeared from the sky and Zen Headbutted Ludicrous. Seems the pirates had an ace up their sleeves, just in case. The dragonite reeled from the attack, spinning away and slamming into the beach. Argoth stopped paused his charge, worried for his comrade. Oscar shouted to him, "Leave her and keep moving!" Argoth hesitated, before barking and charging up to the huddled pirates.

"Ludicrous, keep that thing off of us!" Ludicrous huffed as she stood, glaring at the salamence before charging herself with power. She charged upward, slamming into her opponent with force that could be felt across the beach (Dragon Rush). The impact sent the two upward, clearing the way for Oscar and Circe. Oscar waved for Circe to follow, and began running after Argoth. As agreed upon, Oscar would let Circe take over once they got close to their destination.

High above, the two dragons clashed in close combat. It was a vicious fight, from which only one victor could emerge.