awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
hound whisperer [c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 15:42:13 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
When would you say it’s ‘too many’ to be classified as ‘too many’? Three? Six? Twenty? Fifty? Either way, it didn’t stop Maverick. In fact, it just pushed him to get more. It was part of his dream. Houndours and Houndooms were his passion, his drive, his life, and his blood. Ever sense his first ever starter pokemon Kimba, houndour at the time, Maverick found his love for the dark and fire type only grow more over the years. But even as he started to gather more and more of them, it still bothered him he has yet to find his beloved starter pokemon Kimba and a few others like Memphis. Deep down, he hoped they were alive and well.

At the sound of exchanging vicious snarls and snapping jaws, the trainer snapped back to reality. He blinked, eyes cleared from their daze to focus on his pack running wild route 119. “Hey!” the man shouted loudly in a harsh and domineering tone, “Enough!… Separate!… Now!” Azar let out a sharp whimper as Tobias snipped at Azar’s left thigh before Azar snapping at Tobias to get him to back off. Tobias took a few steps back, lips peeled back to show his pearly whites. “I mean it!” Azar growled in return to Tobias’s aggression towards him. It was a stand off between them to see who will disobey their trainer and risk getting in trouble. But soon, Tobias let out a huff and relaxed from his defensive stance. Azar soon followed though didn’t take his eyes off of him as Tobias moved away. Maverick sighed, running his hand through his hair before turning to see what his other canine’s were doing.

His gaze shifted to see the two pups playing, Willow, the whiter than normal poochyena, and Ryoko, the houndour play rustling in front of Azula, the massive six foot seven houndoom wearing a rapidash skull, and Evo, the male arcanine, who rested snuggling together under a shade tree. With being surround by these creatures so much, the man could sense Azula’s distressed towards the new poochyena. Although Ryoko wasn’t her true pup, she has taken the mother figure roll and doesn’t like poochyena playing with her houndour. But she seems like she is accepting it, for now.

With them being good, his gaze shifted to Kirala. She was a newer recruit to the pack and appeared to be keeping to herself. The calico pelted arcanine rested under a different shade tree, away from almost everyone though Maverick had noticed her gaze shifting to Evo every now and than. Another round of snarls and growls ripped through the air, forcing Maverick to turn his attention away from the new arcanine to what was going on. But just as he was about to yell again, it appeared that Lukas and Tobias were sparring. “Good,” the man sighed, feeling as though he has already gotten over his head with this. Then it clicked, where is Azar?

tags ☆

notes ☆ oh man lol

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
hound whisperer [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 16:07:31 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

So he had some… canid Pokémon loitering around his place, but there was one particular one that refused to listen to him no matter how hard he tried, or no matter what kind of instructions he gave.

What the hell is wrong with you? He thought sadly as he watched his Houndoom, the problematic one, running away from him and completely, totally ignoring his every word. “Calm down—wait, come back! Don’t run too far away! he called out, sighing as he picked up the discarded leash and began to chase after the Pokémon.

Because honestly.

Why were the Houndour line so difficult to tame?! Why weren’t they like the other… why wasn’t this one like his Growlithe?! Always overeager and happy to please.

Alexei wondered if he could contact the resident ‘Dog Boy’ of the League, but knowing how busy the other man was he decided against that, so instead he decided to contact someone else for some… assistance. He really, seriously needed help reining in his Houndoom, otherwise he would have another troublemaker on his hands.

He already had his hands full with Zelle.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
hound whisperer [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 19:53:55 GMT
With his trainer distracted with the other canine, Azar found himself wondering the place without a care in the world. Don’t worry, he wasn’t going to far from his trainer. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Maverick. He was a cool trainer and the man did help him evolve, something he never thought that could happen. He just didn’t like that Tobias and wanted some distance between them. Tobias thinks he is so much better than everyone else. Why did Maverick find him and think it was a good idea to bring him back? The hell hound let out a snort, ruby colored orbs shifted when he heard something. His lips rose slightly, nose scrunched as a bug known as caterpie rolled out. Azar snarled at the bug, muzzle opened only to snap it shut. It frightened the bug, scattering away before it was eaten.

It was only after the bug disappeared that another houndoom appeared in the distance. Azar stood tall, waiting to see if the houndoom would see him. But before they could confront each other, his trainer showed up from behind him. “Azar,” the man growled in a low tone, “What are you doing out here?” As the trainer emerged, so did the rest of his pack. When his eyes laid upon another houndoom, Maverick attention quick shifted. “Is that a wild one or..?” A collar one its neck, he got his answer. A part of his was disappointed, eager to adopt another houndoom. But that brought the question, where was its trainer?

tags ☆

notes ☆ not the best (brain hurts) but i know we are on a deadline. x.x

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
hound whisperer [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 20:16:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

After winding the leash around his arm several times, he then thought of a good idea…

Quickly sending out the Growlithe, he then watched as the overly-friendly Pokémon made a beeline for his legs, trying to jump up them and into his arms. “Okay, hey, whoa, steady there now,” he remarked as he held out a part of the leash he hadn’t coiled up yet.

“Can you find her?” he asked as the Growlithe took a hearty sniff of the leash—before bounding away without even so much as waiting for his go signal.

“Great, really?” he muttered under his breath as he made to follow the Growlithe as it literally closed the distance between himself and the Houndoom in mere moments, barking and catching Alexei’s attention.

“Ah, there she is!” he remarked as he quickened his pace and finally caught up to her. But before he could so much as get the leash back onto the Houndoom, said Pokémon turned around to face him and the Growlithe—and growled. No, snarled was the more appropriate term here.

“Whoa—hey, what’s got you all wound up?” he said, holding his hands up in a ‘don’t hit me’ pose.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
hound whisperer [c]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 19:21:38 GMT
Before Maverick could investigate the houndoom, a little growlithe puppy appeared and barked it head off when the two found each other. The man motioned for his pack hold it, all eight pair of eyes on them as they waited to see what was about to happen. Maverick reached into his rockets, ball ready to catch that houndoom. But not too shortly after the puppy appeared, a trainer appeared claiming that the houndoom was his. “Damn,” he cured under his breath, seeing that the creature was already catch. As soon as the mystery man leashed the creature, she snarled at him and he backed off submissively. A brow rose as his pack emerged from the surrounding more, all either next to their leader or behind him.

“Is that houndoom yours?” He inquired with a hint of disappointment in his tone, “She is awfully strong willed.” Memories of his own starter pokemon fluttered before his eyes, remembering how stubborn she was when he first got her. Clearing his throat and releasing the ball he once had a grip on in his pocket, Maverick introduced himself though kept his distance. “The name is Maverick. Someone contacted me about a problem with a houndoom.” The scarred trainer wasn’t sure who this Alexei guy was or how he managed to get Maverick’s contacts. To be honest, the man wasn’t even sure how anyone knew of his supposal ‘expertise’ in houndours and houndooms. But hey, he wasn’t going to deny it. Houndours and Houndooms are his passion. “Am I correct in assuming that is you?”

tags ☆

notes ☆ we can make it!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
hound whisperer [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 20:14:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Growlithe had retreated to a safe distance (practically behind his legs) when he heard another voice shatter the silence. Looking up, he then gave an apologetic, if somewhat sheepish, look.

“Yeah, she’s mine… and she’s rather snippy. I mean, look at her. Is she supposed to behave that way?” he inquired, seeing as how… holy shit, wow.

This man had a lot of Houndoom with him!

“Yeah—nice to meet you, Maverick, that would be me, I’m Alexei, and I am at a loss on how to get her to calm down and stop intimidating me…” he introduced himself in return. “I wanted to ask Kyle about this, but he’s the Poochyena man. Kinda got referred over to you, seeing as you’re both very well-versed with canine Pokémon,” he added a few moments later.

The Growlithe was still hovering behind his legs, unsure on how to react because of so many other canine Pokémon appearing with the other human! So many dogs!

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
hound whisperer [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 15:42:04 GMT
Houndooms are menacing and vicious beasts that will gladly burn and devour anything foolish enough to stand in their way. They are known to be pack animals, only trusting and working with their families. They often fight with another to establish dominance and mating rights, leaders often distinguished by the houndoom with the bigger horns. Only the most skilled trainers could typically handle such a dangerous creature and most undermine that aspect that if you don’t show them you are their leader, they will gladly disobey and even rip their own trainer apart without a care in the world. It’s best to work with a houndours at a young age, forming a bond and showing you are the leader. Of course, this does not always work as evolution for maturity effects each and everyone of them in a different way but defiantly helps to keep them under control.

At the mention of Kyle, Maverick could feel himself winced. Memories of him getting his ass kicked in their practice battle flooded his vision only for a moment before it vanished. It was interesting to learn he was known as a man with canine knowledge and more specifically, houndooms. He wondered how long and how much is known about his expertise. But his warm gaze flickered to the houndoon tied up by a leash. “I see... Well... Before we need to start learning on how to control your houndoom,” he mumbled, still secretly wanted the creature, “What is her name? Tell me about your relationship.” Warm gaze flickered to his pack as they all remained still behind him, all pair of eyes on the visitors they had. “And if you don’t mind, let your canine free. We need to get some of her energy out before we can continue any further. It will help.” But Maverick let his gaze with a stern look, clearly knowing what might happen. “But do be warned, a fight might break out. It is normal, just understand.”

tags ☆

notes ☆ we can make it!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
hound whisperer [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 19:05:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Her name?” Alexei began, tilting his head in the direction of the Houndoom who was now outright staring at all the other… of her own kind who had started appearing behind the other man. Scenting the air, she slowly approached, never taking her eyes off the others.

They operated in packs, that much she knew. The way they hung around the other man—clearly they were used to the presence of a hellhound that could breathe fire and weren’t afraid of showing it!

“Her name’s Hela,” he replied. “And the overly friendly Growlithe here with me is… come on, don’t be scared! Look at that! The bigger version of yourself! he encouraged the suddenly-shy Growlithe who was hiding behind his legs out of sheer embarrassment.

“Sorry,” he apologized again. “He’s the friendlier of the two but when he’s around unfamiliar Pokémon he suddenly gets self-conscious.”

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
hound whisperer [c]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2020 15:10:38 GMT
The pack came out of the shadows. A ray of different canines ranging from appearance came forth. Azula, the massive six foot seven tall hound sporting a raspiash skull, stood tall. Clearly, she was the alpha of the pack. Her mate, Evo the Arcanine, stood proudly by her side. The next noticeable creature was Lukas. The houndoom was littered in battle scars, the most noticeable scars are the one over his left eye and one over the right side of his lip. He stands tall, but not nearly as dominate as Azula. If not mistaken, he would be assumed the beta of the pock. More creature come forth from the shadows. Like Azar, the male houndoom with smaller horns than normal houndooms. Tobias, the houndoom, steps to the other side of Maverick with two puppy darting out. One a houndour and one a odd looking poocyehna. They play fight with each other just in front of Tobias before they realized something is happening. They stop and stare as well, still sticking close to each other and Tobias. And lastly still kind of in the shadows is another arcanine, her oddly colored pelt almost looks like shadows that mare making her coat look different. But upon closer examination, it is her coat that is not normal. She lingers in the background, unsure of where she stands. All eyes on the strangers.

“Hela,” he repeated, a small smile tugged the edges of his lips, “I like that name.” His gaze flickered to the beautiful houndoom. Again, envious that the man got to her before he could. It was only when the man spoke again that he peeled his eyes to the sky growlithe. “Don’t worry about it,” the mumbled to his apology for the shy creature, “Although they all might be the same species, they do have different personalities much like us humans.” The man knelt down, overing a hand out to the growlithe. A soft friendly grin took over his expression, hoping the creature would smell his hand to help relax them. His gaze flickered to the houndoom, seeing if she too would take the invitation to get familiar with him.

tags ☆

notes ☆ mav has too many canines lol

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
hound whisperer [c]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 18:45:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Growlithe was—really anxious, at first.

But the overwhelming familiar smell of something that was so close to him in nature overrode that and instead he shot out from between Alexei’s legs and literally peeled away the shy shell he was hiding under.

It was time for a friendly attack!

The Growlithe was moving fast, so fast that instead of just going for the other man’s hand, he then proceeded to attempt to knock the other man over!

Alexei then let out an exasperated noise.

“No, no, agh! I’m so sorry he just—charged at you!” he yelped as the Growlithe bounded towards the man in black, drool slobbering all over the exposed hand that was trying to pat him on the head. “No, no, calm down! Oh my god I am so sorry he just—he’s really friendly!” he added a few moments later with an embarrassed chuckle.

“Come on now, don’t overwhelm him, I swear—“ he trailed off as he tried to rein the Growlithe in.

The Houndoom, on the other hand, sniffed the air around her cautiously before slowly slinking over to where the other man stood with his canid companions. The air around him smelled—friendly. Not mistrusting or anything.

A few moments later the Houndoom gave a singular bark, which caused the Growlithe to stop wiggling and just sit at attention.

“Huh. Who knew?” he mused.

“I’d like to—well, you know, know how your presence calmed her down… if that’s not too much to ask?” he said, before feeling his pocket vibrate. Reaching for his phone, he gave the other man an apologetic look.

“Sorry, need to take this call.”

No less than three minutes later he was picking up the leashes of the Houndoom and the Growlithe.

“Sorry, an emergency came up! I’d still like to talk to you more about you and your Houndoom handling skills!” he apologized, quickly fishing out a calling card from another pocket and handing it to him as he pulled the two canines to follow him back towards Fortree.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
hound whisperer [c]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 3:51:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: