chaos [s][c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 16:10:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
it's an unhealthy coping mechanism; one he's seen far too often. his own is similar, and as self-aware as he is, he still refuses to change.

maybe alexei is the same way.

"well, it's a good thing you don't need to be in a hospital to recover."

his smile is empathetic as he leans forward in his chair.

"alexei, the path to recovery is a month, maybe two months tops, but i don't see an end in sight for the path you're on now."

and then, a question:

"can't you find a compromise? like...maybe don't move during gym challenges?"

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 1:40:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Does flying in the air count as moving?” he ventured, wondering if that was a good idea.

If it wasn’t—well, it was time to take on more of the ‘traditional’ slugfest challenges that some of the other Gym Leaders preferred. This was going to be a time for him, since he heavily preferred the non-traditional path, and advocated trying those challenges because it embodied most of the traits he was looking for with challengers—trust and determination, courage and bravery.

Just like how a Braviary would behave, he thought to himself.

“Unless you mean me just sitting around not doing anything at all?” he inquired a few moments afterward.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 14:54:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"yes, that counts, as you'll likely have to tense your legs to stay on."

but he understands the need to move around likely better than anyone else. so again, he empathizes and tries to come up with a compromise.

"would you consider a wheelchair?"

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 4:44:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of a wheelchair, he stopped dead.

No. no way. No hell-ass way, he thought as his own face drained of color at the mention.

“What?” was the first word out of his mouth.

“You can’t be serious—” he added.

There is no way I’m doing a and sentencing myself to that! he continued in the back of his mind.

“How long would that have to be.”

He would resign himself to the inevitable.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 12:56:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
alexei's hesitance is understood, so he sympathizes.

"it should be around a month or two, depending on how well you're able to stay still."

he gestures down.

"or at least keep your leg still."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 19:21:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

There was this crestfallen look on his face at the mention of the period of time—

Holy shit, that long? He thought to himself, unable to keep the dismay off his face.

“Two months—is that the absolute minimum, or maximum?” he inquired. He had to confirm, otherwise all the other gym challenges he had lined up would have to be either rescheduled or he’d have to—complete them covertly. Depending if the good doctor was going to keep literal tabs on him.

“Let’s say I do go along with this—what happens afterward? Are we still going to continue with physical therapy?”

And then there was the unasked question with his right hand.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 13:59:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"maximum, hopefully. but you can still do your gym challenges, it'll just be from a wheelchair."

again, it really depends on how well alexei will be able to keep the leg still and inactive.

"if the two months pass and your leg's looking better and in less pain, then we can move on to weekly physical therapy sessions to help with the pain, mobility, and further recovery."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 18:49:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Two months.

Eight weeks.

Sixty whole days, give or take when the calendar wasn’t being an idiot and adding or subtracting days from the year.

Oh, djinni above—

“So, say I do go for the wheelchair—this means I can’t go to any other private engagements without it, right?” he confirmed.

“…shit, what if the League calls us in for a meeting or anything like that, do I have to pass on attending in person?” he thought out loud.

Oh fuck. How was he going to break this to @mattis, he wondered.

Him, the resident bird boy, bound to a wheelchair. Alexei idly wondered if it was possible to attach a jet pack to the wheel chair in question…

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 9:46:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"pretty much."

the question, as amusing as it might be, is met with a stern nod, followed by a genuine suggestion:

"you could always attend in the wheelchair."

a soft chuckle escapes.

"two months and you'll be back on your feet. sound good, alexei?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 18:31:32 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Two months and nothing any longer than that,” he conceded at last.

Ugh, this was going to be a new challenge—moving around in a wheelchair even if he could walk around pretty well. However, the thought of continuous hemorrhaging and internal bleeding made him stop and reconsider.

He could only hiss as he took a deep breath.

“What about my right hand? Or is this going to be a completely different monster altogether?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 18:56:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
finally.

"two months."

at the mention of his arm, he looks down at it, then back up, smiling.

"oh. just put that in a cast, move it less, and you should be all good. your leg's the real problem here."

"anything else you'd like to discuss, alexei?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 21:32:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

There was something in the back of his mind—but he decided not to voice it because he was pretty sure the good doctor would sic a guard on him if he ever brought up the idea of attaching a jet pack to the back of the wheelchair…

Yeah, he wasn’t going to risk that.

“The hand’s easy enough, but my writing’s going to be shit for a while,” he admitted. “But otherwise… I think I can manage.”

Now, here was to hoping the good doctor wasn’t going to contact someone he knew to keep an eye on him.

Hell knows how much trouble he’d already caused just by moving around a lot.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 20:44:59 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: