Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
Tell me what exactly are you thinking, right now - Do you still love me? Or is it that you hate me?
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
a million miles away
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 5:55:04 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

she was never expressive. [break][break]

whether it was a result of it being beaten into her or personal preference was debatable. typically, she can hold herself well, and maintain her composure, and she can keep herself levelheaded and she can handle most things with ease. it's just when it came to him (it was always him) where she finds herself faltering, even by the smallest amount. she thought that, after all these months, she would have gotten better, more jaded (she didn't feel this much when she sullied her hands in blood), less responsive. it was her hope (how else could she justify her revenge after leaving a man she so dearly loved?) that she would be able to move on. she hasn't. [break][break]

they share a silence (what else can they share? a hug? a kiss? what was she hoping for?) and she tells herself to avoid his gaze. does she deserve to see it again? after sullying her hands in crimson? after leaving him to dirty herself? though he'll tell her that it's irrelevant, and he'd sooner pull her in, closer, desperately (the him that she's known in the past, the one so affectionate and loving, despite the sighs of exasperation she's brought to the surface) and tell her that none of it matters. that none of it matters to him, and it's more kindness than she thinks she deserves. [break][break]

where was that resolve when she initially made the decision to leave? she's done it before, why can't she do it again?[break][break]

(it takes everything to keep her fingers from curling around his; everything to keep her from falling back into it, to days that were more peaceful - to days where she could convince herself that she didn't need revenge.)[break][break]

it's melting; the resolve, the jadedness, the cold and the ice. it's melting her heart, really. here, she thought that she was already far gone. he wasn't, yet. don't pull him into the same hell as you, ayame. he doesn't deserve that, ayame. "i--" she starts, but can't find it in herself to finish at the sound of his quiet voice, in an all familiar tongue. it's felt like forever. ".. shigoto~" she says, narrowing her eyes. her fingers twitch (his hand is there, and there's a thin line she has to be wary of). [break][break]

the solemn smile of a woman consumed by revenge, once again, glances up to him, but this time there's something else, isn't there? if you look on the surface, it looks as fatigue, or exasperation, like she's finally given up on running away from someone who desperately tries to catch her. if you take a second glance, it's the regret that washes over. [break][break]

ah, it had to be him. [break][break]

.. it always had to be him.

close tab

played by

Liekos

Shirohashi Kazuro
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
September 29
Ecruteak City, Johto
Demisexual
Hitman
Senior Ranger
a million miles away, come back and stay
awards
117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @asahiko
Asahiko Hakuryuu
a million miles away
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 18:57:16 GMT
Asahiko Hakuryuu Avatar
[nospaces]

”...What do you mean, ‘work’...?”[break][break]

He hadn’t intended to sound as confused as he did. To hear the response as given had only served to further raise questions within his mind. Furrowing his brows in thought, he eyed the ground beneath them while gathering his thoughts, eventually beginning once more with a short lived, ”That doesn’t—... If it was just that, then—...”[break][break]

His brows only furrowed more in further confusion before he looked back up.[break][break]

”...’Work,’ would at least make a farewell warranted, no?” he spoke on, slowly, in an attempt to limit himself and maintain a hold upon his thoughts, lest they tear the reins from his grasp. He tapped his fingers against his arm, quirking his lip. ”If that was all it was, then surely it’d be justified…”[break][break]

...Wouldn’t it?”

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
Tell me what exactly are you thinking, right now - Do you still love me? Or is it that you hate me?
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
a million miles away
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 0:02:55 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

of course he's curious. she only barely said anything when she left, and now she was barely telling him of sustenance. should she tell him? what she was up to? what blood she's spilled on her hands? would he love her any less? would he stop her from doing something that she would regret, stop her from leaving him again? the thought softens the smile to her lips, and in the reflection of her eyes, you can see the small shade of regret. [break][break]

now she's turning her gaze away, from him. she doesn't dare look him in the eye - not right now, at least. ".. i'm sorry for leaving without saying anything." her smile returns, but she can't look at him directly when she speaks "it was just.." there's a hitch in her breath, and the words clog up in her throat for a moment "- a dangerous job. and i didn't want you to be worried."

or to stop me, because he would have.

close tab

played by

Liekos

Shirohashi Kazuro
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
September 29
Ecruteak City, Johto
Demisexual
Hitman
Senior Ranger
awards
117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @asahiko
Asahiko Hakuryuu
a million miles away
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 4:29:46 GMT
Asahiko Hakuryuu Avatar
[nospaces]

…Had she always been so hesitant to look at him?[break][break]

No. Within days long past, it would’ve been him that had been not quite hesitant to gaze upon her, but rather, begrudging; indignant towards even so much as the idea of doing so. It was a concept only fathomable within the days of their initial meeting, when he had been so revolted by her and her dishonesty to herself. A smile was a tool so easily used to masked what was beneath.[break][break]

It was a concept no truer than with her.[break]
It was a concept seen through from the beginning.[break][break]

Thus, the smile he saw then and there unnerved him, and the aversion of gaze only seemed to emphasize his discomfort. His brows remained furrowed in pensive confusion as he attempted to process the vast array of hypotheticals that could justify the vagueness he’d been offered.[break][break]

…And then she offered him a measly explanation.[break]
Vague. Still, still vague.[break][break]

”And so you thought leaving without so much as a word would’ve been any better?” he murmured, skeptical.

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
a million miles away
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 6:37:43 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

does it ail you, ayame? [break][break]

to know that a man you so dearly loved (and still love), confront you about your departure? he doesn't know how she holds herself back - how she restrains herself - from springing to him, and hold him in her arms as she cries, saying how she's missed him, saying how much she loves him, saying what wrong she's done and how she regret leaving. but ayame's taught to be reserved, and now she's trying to apply that to him. [break][break]

she always was, to some degree. it's just that this time was a little harder to do. [break][break]

so she takes a step back, not knowing what to say, not knowing how to run away (she wants to, desperately, but she doesn't. it's a conflict in her mind). "i--" she starts to say, but the words are failing her. what does she say? [break][break]

she's become so good at lying, but she's never able to lie in front of him. [break]
not anymore. [break][break]

she's being vague because she knows she can't lie. so she keeps her gaze to the ground, and she hesitates again. her breath is shaky when she finally takes a step back to say "i joined rocket." she takes another step back, and she can't look him in the eye "so it.. was for the best."[break][break]

i can't drag you to hell with me.

close tab

played by

Liekos

Shirohashi Kazuro
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
September 29
Ecruteak City, Johto
Demisexual
Hitman
Senior Ranger
awards
117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @asahiko
Asahiko Hakuryuu
a million miles away
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 15:52:16 GMT
Asahiko Hakuryuu Avatar
[nospaces]

That response only paved the way for more questions.[break][break]

Though he listened, and though the words met his ears, he simply found himself furrowing his brows in a further sense of processing and confusion. He watched as she stepped back, and back, and back— and it had only been after the second step that he’d caught what had been happening and opted to take a pace forward to follow her.[break][break]

”...For the best, how?” he started off, narrowing his eyes. ”And you joined—...”[break][break]

…What?[break][break]

”...You’re just giving me more questions instead of answers,” he murmured, briefly gazing through the crowds around them upon noting the full weight of her implications.[break][break]

He clicked his tongue before long, running a hand against his face.[break][break]

”...Look, can we just talk about this?”

[/div
close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
a million miles away
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 8:49:04 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

"i know, i--" [break][break]

she knows. [break][break]

so she takes a deep breath, eyes on the ground, because looking at him is starting to get too difficult. "it's for.. the best, because i've become a horrible person." she'll start to crack if she does, and she'll start to crumble if she keeps her eye on him for too long. "and you don't deserve that." but still, emotional as she is, she'll keep an eye out for prying eyes - and she knows she isn't safe. [break][break]

".. i'll explain and give you more answers, just.." she's glancing around, and paranoia is starting to fill her thoughts "not out here." and she takes another step back, her hands brought up closer to her chest. [break][break]

it was really for the best, she'll tell herself. even if he doesn't believe it. even if she doesn't believe it.

close tab

played by

Liekos

Shirohashi Kazuro
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
September 29
Ecruteak City, Johto
Demisexual
Hitman
Senior Ranger
awards
117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @asahiko
Asahiko Hakuryuu
a million miles away
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 17:16:09 GMT
Asahiko Hakuryuu Avatar
[nospaces]

…Was she truly trying to dictate a decision that had been his to make? Declaring herself as ‘horrible,’ or even telling him what he had and hadn’t deserved.[break][break]

Not only had it been unsupported in the slightest as far as he was concerned, but they had simply been things he’d figured only warranted his judgment. It was only natural since it supposedly affected the way he viewed her.[break][break]

”...Lead the way, then.” The words were confused, borderlining impatient. He furrowed his brows as a pensive gaze lingered upon her, and he flicked his wrist faintly as a means to go on. ”I’m waiting.”

[/div

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
a million miles away
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 6:42:00 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

she's panicking. [break][break]

and he doesn't deserve this, not when her mind is scattered, and confused, and panicked, because he got to see her here. how can she tel him that she left for the sake of revenge? how can she tell him that she thinks that this would be the best for them, that it'd be for the best that they walked their separate ways? [break][break]

of course she'll learn that it's not for the best, but she's panicked, and doesn't know what to say, or what to do, or how to get him to leave when he just wants to talk - she's just in an echo chamber that tells her vehemently that he doesn't deserve this. [break][break]

ayame needs to calm down, but she can't look him in the eye. he never liked it when she couldn't do that. she's not as good at regulating her emotions as he was. [break][break]

she never was. [break][break]

"i joined rocket" she repeats, though she knows he'll ask why, and it's something that makes it harder for her to look him in the eye for. ".. for revenge. and i didn't want to drag you into this, or.. to implicate you."

close tab

played by

Liekos

Shirohashi Kazuro
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
September 29
Ecruteak City, Johto
Demisexual
Hitman
Senior Ranger
awards
117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @asahiko
Asahiko Hakuryuu
a million miles away
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 4:00:46 GMT
Asahiko Hakuryuu Avatar
[nospaces]

Though there was some degree of understanding that resonated within him upon noting her words, he couldn’t help but note a number of smaller discrepancies within her line of logic. It prompted his brows to remain furrowed as her thoughts met his ears, all while bicolored hues narrowed faintly as if further emphasizing a sense of pensiveness.[break][break]

”And…if your words are true, how would that have changed anything…?” he murmured, his eyes lingering upon her as they walked along. ”Rocket or not, our histories and deeds have still plagued us with plenty of implications.”[break][break]

His gaze drifted to the grounds beneath them in thought, his arms crossing absentmindedly.[break][break]

”...You’re giving explanations that don’t measure up, nor do they make sense.”

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
a million miles away
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 6:41:28 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

.. she wasn't making sense? [break][break]

yes.. she wasn't. even if she upped and joined rocket for the sake of her own agenda, it likely wouldn't be something that he would hold against her. though she knows it, the dread that creeps with the nagging fantasy that he'll be disgusted with her, or leave her if he finds out hateful she actually is, still plagues her. [break][break]

when she takes a deep breath to clear her frazzled mind, violet eyes slowly open to gaze up at the man who looks.. less than happy with her state. "i say this because team rocket is.." a different degree of sketchy ".. a tad more dangerous than what we're more familiar with." and she knows this, but still chose this. [break][break]

but he wants to know why she left.[break][break]

when she fights the urge to glance away, there's a tremble of her fingers as they raise to hold against the sides of her arms. two butterfly pokemon stare down to their trainer, fluttering suspended in the air as her thoughts race. "i left because i--.. i..!" the thoughts are still racing, as she looks for an explanation (how can she tell him that she doesn't deserve him anymore?). [break][break]

then her lips move, quicker than her mind can process: "i don't love you anymore."