Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Field Training 101 [Mission]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 5:14:05 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Blending in was a nice goal, at first. But it turns out having an incredibly busy week meant the powers that be started to take an interest in you. Who knew?
[break][break]
Luckily for Isaac, it wasn't League investigations that he had to grapple with today. In fact, it was actually other Rocket personnel who were beginning to notice him. Had he really been that productive lately? If anything, he was pretty sure all of his recent encounters were the product of coincidence moreso than anything. His luck had the tendency to swing wildly between good and bad, oftentimes hitting the highest peaks and deepest valleys in the span of a single day. Maybe that was a more valuable trait than he had originally thought.
[break][break]
Two of the Pokemon sitting before Isaac today were the products of such luck. Dhelmise was the product of good fortune, a fortuitous find that Isaac had bailed out of a poor situation and come to a quiet, unsteady accord with. Bisharp was the product of bad fortune, an terrifying ambush that ended in the Bisharp pledging its menacing service. Both were the Pokemon that Isaac had gotten to know the least, and both were equal parts useful and intimidating.
[break][break]
If there was going to be extra training, he might as well make sure it was going to those who needed it most.
[break][break]
With them both was sweet, innocent Vivi, baby of the team and noted support Eevee. She had a way of reaching even the hardest of hearts. Might she help guide these steel-hearted nightmares out of their shells? Frankly, it was the best shot Isaac had.
[break][break]
For now, though, all was quiet. The day was young, the grass was still wet with morning dew, and a very important person had yet to arrive.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]299 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 15:17:12 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","deadinside"]
[attr="class","top"]

theo has never been attached to his pokemon. they have always acted as tools and as extensions of himself whenever his physicality inhibits him. now is no different, but he has started to perceive them in a different light.[break][break]

a less harsh one, perhaps.[break][break]

"you're here early, merlo."[break][break]

through the clearing, he approaches with his blaziken close behind.[break][break]

"or would you prefer isaac?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-blaziken"]

[newclass=".deadinside"]--accent:#d5d5d5; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 2:45:10 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Of course he was here early! He was juggling a bunch of hard cases here, and sometimes it felt like the more he traveled, the harder the cases became. On his one, Dhelmise was just a little passive. A bit harsh in how it treated other humans, sure. But unless provoked, it didn't really cause much problems.

[break][break]

That all changed once Kurze joined the party. As Isaac learned the hard way, the Bisharp lived to provoke others. And currently, it was doing just that, taking the occasional swipe at Dhelmise's foliage and taking the occasional vine swipe in return. The two seemed to wait until Isaac and Vivi had their backs turned, then continued their little game of back and forth. "Oi! Cut it out!" Isaac said whenever he caught it, but their good behavior ended within seconds.

[break][break]

It wouldn't be so bad, were it not for the fact that these were Isaac's two strongest Pokemon. Dhelmise's Power Whips were strong enough to break bone, and Kurze's Night Slashes could rend flesh with ease. If their roughhousing escalated, it could be a major problem. Their steely bodies could probably weather it. The Isaac who'd inevitably end up in the middle of it all, not so much. Why'd he have to catch not one but two problem children? Back to back, even?

[break][break]

Oh well. No time for griping. Isaac straightened up when Theo arrived, shooting one last glare towards his Pokemon to spur them into doing the same. At least in this case they seemed fine enough following Vivi's example. "Never a bad idea to start on a strong foot," Isaac said in response to Theo's observation. "And either's fine when it's just us, though Blackjack's my pick for official business."

[break][break]

"So, what's the plan for today, boss?"

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]297 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 8:30:08 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

it's not unheard of for a rocket operative to act under an alias. in fact, it can be expected of them at times. so theo reacts to blackjack with a mere nod and nothing more.[break][break]

"it'll be isaac today, then."[break][break]

as they aren't here on official business, at least not really. which leaves the question: why are they here?[break][break]

"training. i'd like to get a better understanding of your abilities as a trainer."[break][break]

after a soft click of his tongue, his blaziken steps forward, assuming its position on the field.[break][break]

"are you up for it?"

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 17:33:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Sounds good to me," Isaac said, grinning. Interesting. So this was a personal call, then, rather than a business one. Isaac made sure to keep that in mind.

[break][break]

However, that didn't mean he wouldn't be putting his best foot forward. He was being asked to show his training style and abilities, and that meant he was going to need to give it his all. His Pokemon seemed to agree, too. Already, Kurze was eyeing the Blaziken that Theo called to his side up and down, while Dhelmise hovered ominously by Isaac's side. All the while, Vivi looked up towards Isaac, tilting her head and awaiting his answer.

[break][break]

Isaac looked down at her, nodding. With that, she hopped and turned towards Theo, letting out a yip as her neck fluff flared out. "You know it!" Isaac said. "How should we do this?"

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]141 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 15:41:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"it'll be a simple battle. just do your best to faint the blaziken."[break][break]

and, of course, blaziken will be doing its best to faint its opponents. though he imagines this need not be said.[break][break]

blaziken flexes, rolling its shoulders as it slides into a defensive stance. it readies itself for battle.[break][break]

"you may have the first move, isaac."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 16:57:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Somehow, Isaac wasn't surprised. It was a simple goal, but this was somewhat of a simple concept. Faint the Blaziken. Don't fuck up in the process. Yeah. Okay. At the very least, he could give it his all. "Alrighty then. Bring it on!"[break][break]

Naturally, with three Pokemon on the field, Isaac needed to decide who was best suited for doing this. However, his team wasn't so inclined to agree. Upon hearing the challenge, Kurze let out that mechanical laugh and began eagerly sharpening his blades against each other.[break][break]

It took Isaac maybe three seconds of thinking to realize that this was an awful idea. "Kurze, you want in on this? Really?" he asked. "Like, no offense, but . . . Kinda not the right type for the job here." His eyes darted first to Dhelmise, then to Vivi. Vivi tilted her head in confusion, but Dhelmise simply continued to hover in place.[break][break]

Kurze, on the other hand, simply folded his arms and scoffed. He looked over his shoulder, glowering at the Blaziken with a smolder in his scarred eye. "Alright, alright, I get it," Isaac said. "You really want a shot that badly? Then lets give it a whirl." Another glance to Dhelmise, this time with a wink, followed by another to Vivi. "Get in there and probe his guard with a feint attack!"[break][break]

Now that was what Kurze wanted to hear! He charged towards Blaziken, blades raised, only to fake to the left, then to the right, and then juke uwpards. With so much motion in his upper body, he was sure Blaziken would never see the knee coming.[break][break]

Yet Bisharp was not the only one to take advantage of this distraction. As he started to shimmy and shake, Dhelmise swung its anchor in a large, listless circle. A spiral of water came launching out, its current moving in time with Dhelmise's rotations. Vivi looked shocked, pawing at Isaac's leg to try and call his attention to Dhelmise's involvement, but Isaac simply smirked. He said they'd give it a whirl, and that's exactly what they did.[break][break]

And Theo never said this was a one on one.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]141 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 3:02:58 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

seeing the two pokemon before him engage in battle against the lonesome blaziken calls for a nod of approval.[break][break]

"good."[break][break]

because fights are never fair. pride and shame must be put aside.[break][break]

the bisharp's FEINT ATTACK connects against blaziken's raised arm that absorbs the blow as best it can. FEATHERS quickly surround them as a DANCE greatly cuts bisharp's attack.[break][break]

two clicks from theo has his blaziken jumping back just in time to avoid dhelmise's attack. but right after it lands, blaziken springs back to throw a BLAZE KICK at the bisharp.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 3:30:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]At that proximity, there was no avoiding the down being kicked up from Blaziken's arm. In fact, the way Kurze's blade was rested against Blaziken's arm put him in direct range of it. His blades were now coated in a thick, child-safe surface of feathers, greatly blunting the power of his attacks. So dejected was he that he didn't even notice the deluge of water coming. The attack hit Kurze, doing minimal damage but sending him tumbling ass over teakettle. He turned around, glaring over at Dhelmise for the friendly fire.

[break][break]

"One point for Kurze," Isaac said. "Gonna have to try a little harder than that, Dhelmise."

[break][break]

Oh. Kurze knew what Isaac was doing now. He let out a rueful laugh, just in time to see the shadow of Blaziken looming over him. It was an elegant maneuver; jump just enough out of the way of the Whirlpool, then jump back in for a quick attack of his own. Kurze quickly rolled out of the way, a small push from the currents surrounding him making just enough difference to help him avoid the counterattack.

[break][break]

Normally, he would've immediately dove in for another attack. Instead, he kept some distance, studying both Blaziken's movements and his own damaged blades. It'd be like swinging with a pillow in his current state, but if he could find a way out of this mess with his Laser Focus . . .

[break][break]

As Kurze stepped back, Dhelmise came forward. By now, Vivi had clambered up Isaac's shoulder, watching the battle with steely intent. All was quiet, bar Dhelmise's mournful call and the occasional whisper from Isaac. Who would take the initiative in this battle?

[break][break]

At first, it seemed to be Dhelmise, who lunged toward Blaziken like a man possessed. However, before making contact, it started fading away. It would be gone without a trace by the time it would have reached Blaziken. This was the prelude to Phantom Force; arguably one of the most useful moves Isaac could break out in a battle like this. It'd take some time to deliver a hit, though. Was Isaac really going to give a foe like Blaziken this much breathing room?

[break][break]

Hell no! Obscured behind Dhelmise, a third Pokemon had entered the fray. Vivi had broken into a run from the safety of Dhelmise's shadow, relying on its larger size to keep her hidden. As Dhelmise turned incorporeal and faded away, she jumped through the lingering image and aimed a vicious kick with her back legs at its gut. As she thrusted, her legs ignited as if on fire; the last blow to be dealt this combat was, indeed, with a Blaze Kick, and Vivi was nothing if not a Copycat.

[break][break]

How effective would it actually be? Isaac couldn't be sure, but he didn't need a miracle. All he needed was a second of stagger, to buy Kurze and Dhelmise time to snap into action.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]486 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 2:41:29 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the BLAZE KICK misses, though blaziken's resolve is not deterred. it lands, grounding itself quickly before turning to meet the approaching dhelmise before it disappears with its PHANTOM FORCE.[break][break]

it looks like this is now a three versus one situation.[break][break]

eevee's COPYCATTED BLAZE KICK finds its mark, landing right against its leg. but blaziken is quick to retaliate with a CLOSE COMBAT that looks to pummel the eevee into the ground.[break][break]

a second later, and it lunges at bisharp once again for a BLAZE KICK.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 3:24:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The second Vivi saw Blaziken's drawn back fist, the poor thing's hair stood on end. She let out a high pitched cry of distress, then turned into an orb of light. The orb shrank, re-expanded, and then turned into a very confused looking Totodile. The good news: her Baton Pass worked! The bad news: now Watson was having five fingers introduced to his face.[break][break]

The Totodile let out an alarmed squawk as Blaziken planted him into the ground. Completely unprepared, it was left with no choice but to take the full brunt of the blow. That hurt. Bad. But at the very least, it hurt less than the sure obliteration Vivi would've received from the blow. This wasn't a planned tactic, but Isaac could work with this.[break][break]

Blaziken immediately pivoted from one attack to the next, but this time Kurze was ready. It lunged low to duck the kick, aiming to hook an arm under the Blaziken's leg before it could rechamber the strike. Whether the trap succeeded or not, it would lunge its other arm right towards the Blaziken's chest; even with its blunted blades, its Laser Focus would help its Metal Claw hit where it hurt.[break][break]

Even being in such close proximity to the Blaziken would hurt, unfortunately. The heat of the Blaze Kick, even if its impact had been successfully averted, would start heating its plating to a dangerous extent. However, Kurze was willing to endure the pain to try and push through. Not only was its Metal Claw an attempt to rake, but it was also an attempt to dunk Blaziken right into the rushing currents of the Whirlpool. Were its endeavors successful, it could really start racking up the pain! Were they not . . .[break][break]

Well, if they weren't, this was going to hurt.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]300 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2022 8:39:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"stand your ground."[break][break]

obedience trumps all else as blaziken digs its feet into the ground, steeling itself for hte METAL CLAW that rakes across its chest. feathers and blood scatter as it grunts in pain only to have to face a WHIRLPOOL.[break][break]

but the flames around its leg grow in intensity, burning brighter and brighter as the WHIRLPOOL begins to evaporate.[break][break]

then, in a quick flurry, it delivers swift BLAZE KICKS to bisharp, using the momentum to help propel it upwards and out of the WHIRLPOOL before it leaps backwards to safety.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2022 12:00:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Kurze let out a metallic wheeze as Blaziken smashed his midsection with a series of kicks, hard enough to flip their grapple arrangement and launch the Blaziken into the air. Kurze fell, the glass cannon finally shatteref in a single hefty blow.[break][break]

Isaac would tend to him shortly. But first? Blaziken was airborne.[break][break]

"Scoreboard's tied!" Isaac shouted. As of hellbent on breaking the tie, the missing Dhelmise would appear above Blaziken, charging from above while wreathed in an aura of shadows. Not only was dodging in midair a near impossibility, but the upwards momentum from the jump would risk slamming right into Dhelmise's own. It was the perfect situation for Isaac's team to be in![break][break)

It was also a powerful reminder: never, ever get caught in a many-on-one situation without a backup plan. No matter how skilled you were, you had a lot of eyes on you keeping an eye out for the slightest moment of weakness. As Isaac returned the downed Kurze, he made sure to keep that in mind.[break][break]

And that meant pressing that numbers advantage while he still could. "Watson, shadow," he said, the Totodile peeling himself off of the ground and watching the skies. He moved to practically stand in Blaziken's shadow; were the bird knocked down, he would hop on top of it. If not, he would simply dart into point blank range. Regardless of the specifics, his answer would be the same; a point blank Hydro Pump aimed right at the Blaziken.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2022 9:06:58 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

being in the air is tricky. it's almost as though being stuck in a state of limbo, unable to do much beyond swiveling and rotating. but it's not nearly enough to avoid the dhelmise from above.[break][break]

the attack connects clean, sending blaziken spiraling towards the earth and into the waiting HYDRO PUMP of the totodile. but the fire chicken is quick to react, turning just enough to bring its BLAZE KICK down to combat against the HYDRO PUMP.[break][break]

water sizzles, evaporating against the force, and once blaziken lands it immediately CLOSES the distance to COMBAT against the totodile, throwing kicks and punches.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2022 13:00:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Damn. It righted itself and rode the momentum of the attack. While Dhelmise had landed a solid hit, and Watson's Hydro Pump pushed back against the flaming divekick that followed, Isaac knew this was far from over.[break][break]

While Watson was fast, the Blaziken was very well trained. It lunged at Watson in a series of strikes that he could barely dodge his way around. Each hop, jig, and dash was met with a claw, elbow, or knee barely missing Watson, and there were a few close calls he could barely parry out of the way with a Slash. The onslaught was relentless. Near misses were starting to turn into glancing blows, and Isaac knew if the barrage continued a second longer it'd be hit after brutal, direct hit.[break][break]

"Dhelmise!" Isaac called, trusting his other option on the battlefield to have an exit strategy in mind.[break][break]

Sure enough, it did. The mass of seaweed Shot its Anchor right towards the Blaziken, only to miss as it lunged in for another punch. This one hit right in the gut, sending Watson popping right into the air. He wheezed like a brutalized squeaky toy from the impact, scrambling with his claws to try and find something, anything here for him to work with.[break][break)

His claws wrapped around chain, and only then did Dhelmise start to pull back. Clever! Dazed and weary, Watson deliriously waved a farewell to the Blaziken on the way back.[break][break]

As he watched the rescue play out, inspiration hit Isaac. "Put whatever gas you have left in the tank into a Hydro Pump!" Isaac said. Obediently, Watson obeyed, launching a jet of water right at Blaziken. His Torrent only served to make the blast stronger, wringing every last bit of power out of his attack. It would have been dead on, had Watson been on the ground.[break][break]

Instead, the force of the jet and the slack in Dhelmise's anchor chain caused the anchor to start to swing. Dhelmise, catching on, eotated the body of the anchor some to change the way Watson was facing. Now Dhelmise was a high-pressure, hydraulic powered whirlwind of death, and his anchor was hurtling towards Blaziken at terrifying speeds. Could even such a practiced martial artist keep up with the sheer momentum?

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]