29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cartier
KLAUS CARTIER
Time Is of the Essence [M]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 16:58:36 GMT
KLAUS CARTIER Avatar
"You're telling me that don't have any way to get me to Slateport today?"

This had to be a joke, right? Surely no company worth their salt would have nothing but a single out of commission Charizard running the morning route between Dewford and Slateport. Hadn't they come highly recommended? Not that his agent's recommendation held much water when it came to anything but trying to frustrate him into quitting. 'I bet he knew about this. I'm gonna kill that bastard when I get back.' 

"I'm sorry, sir, all of our other charizards were rented for overnight flights, and Zettie here isn't feeling up to making the trip. Might be we could get her in the air today if we had some medicine, but a nasty cold went through the stables last week and we're fresh out. Say, you wouldn't happen to have any medicine on you, would you?"

'You've got to be kidding me.' "Do I look like someone who's carrying medicine on me?" He makes a sweeping gesture that shows off his swim trunks and half open white button up. 

"Well...no, sir. Sorry...Actually, you kinda look like--"

"I'm not." He says a bit too sharply. He knows what she was going to say. Knows, and would rather just veer away from that line of questioning entirely. Better to be no one but himself for one more day, or as much of it as he can at any rate. Just Klaus Cartier, another well-to-do shmuck visiting Dewford as part of a long overdue vacation. "Forget it."

"Do you know if there are any other services on the island running to Slateport?" 'Or are they all as useless as this one?'

"There's the ferry, but it's not scheduled to be back until tomorrow."

Klaus doesn't yell, but it's a near thing. Instead, he grits his teeth and looks out over the sea, forcing himself to breathe evenly. The concert is tonight. He doesn't have a day. "I see..."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 11:13:48 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","deadinside"]
[attr="class","top"]

theo has no plans on returning back to the mainland but he isn't cold enough to not lend a helping hand to someone who by the looks of it really needs to get back. it's what he's been able to pick up from eavesdropping, though he hadn't intended to do so.[break][break]

"i hear you're looking for a way back to slateport?"[break][break]

his bucket hat shields what little sun remains. it looks like he's just coming back from a fishing trip by the way he's dressed.[break][break]

"i can help."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-altaria"]

[newclass=".deadinside"]--accent:#d5d5d5; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Zeta

Ventis, Prince of Song
He/Him
November 6th
Fallarbor
Bisexual
Idol
Grunt
you sell yourself for a dream, they're never quite what they seem
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cartier
KLAUS CARTIER
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 13:58:53 GMT
KLAUS CARTIER Avatar

There has to be a catch, right? No one offers to help that easily, and to a complete stranger no less.

The man in question doesn't exactly look like he's got a camera tucked away somewhere clever, or like he recognizes Klaus at all, but it wouldn't be the first time a member of the media has feigned ignorance and attempted to trap him for an impromptu interview. And then there's  the fact that he'd been eavesdropping. Not exactly a point in his favor. 

Klaus looks the other man up and down, waiting for the other shoe to drop, for the catch to reveal itself. But, if he's being honest with himself, it's not like he's rolling in options, and choice went out the window one sick charizard ago.

"And how much does help cost?" 

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 9:53:32 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

if theo is to recognize klaus, it would most likely be because of the man's affiliation to rocket rather than his fame. but he hasn't yet only because of the sheer number of staff rocket have.[break][break]

"it's free."[break][break]

his hand cracks open a pokeball in his pocket to call out his altaria. it flutters to life, chirping in greeting at them both.[break][break]

"will this do or would you prefer a larger pokemon?"

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-altaria"]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Zeta

Ventis, Prince of Song
He/Him
November 6th
Fallarbor
Bisexual
Idol
Grunt
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cartier
KLAUS CARTIER
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 18:45:36 GMT
KLAUS CARTIER Avatar

Free. Right, because that's a thing that happens in the real world. And maybe this guy is telling the truth. Maybe he's just a good samaritan trying to unfuck a stranger's day. Maybe not. Either way, Klaus will be having a much worse day if he doesn't get his ass to the venue before nightfall. This is a way to do that.

"The altaria's fine, beggars can't be choosers right?"

And, because courtesy dictates that he thank the man regardless of whether or not something ends up going horribly wrong by the end of all this: "Thanks by the way, you're a real life saver."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 10:17:41 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"no problem."[break][break]

not wanting to share a ride, theo cracks open another pokeball for his own ride back to slateport: a swanna who's seen its fair share of action if the small scars across its wings are anything to go by.[break][break]

he mounts his swanna in one graceful movement. then, he looks at the stranger, curious.[break][break]

"why the rush, by the way?"

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-altaria"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-swanna"]

close tab

played by

Zeta

Ventis, Prince of Song
He/Him
November 6th
Fallarbor
Bisexual
Idol
Grunt
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cartier
KLAUS CARTIER
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 1:08:38 GMT
KLAUS CARTIER Avatar

His would-be knight in shining fishing gear wasn't kidding about this thing being a bit on the small side. He towers over it. Beggars can't be choosers, he reminds himself and climbs on. At least it's comfortable...mostly.

Klaus tries not to think about how awkward he looks clinging to the altaria as he shifts his weight, trying not to topple it. Seems stable enough, but he has no desire to upset it midflight and find himself taking an impromptu swim halfway to Slateport. He relaxes his hold on it's neck, giving it an experimental pat. "Hey there, try not to drop me in the sea, okay?"

And then comes the dreaded question. Klaus hesitates before he answers.

"I'm going to a concert." Maybe if he refrains from mentioning that he's headlining said concert, the dots won't be connected. "It starts at 8, and I really don't wanna be late." He forces some false cheer into his voice, trying to approximate the excitement of one of his fans.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 8:06:57 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

altaria does no more than nod. hopefully, it's enough reassurance for klaus to feel comfortable for this long ride back to slateport. and if not? he could always swim.[break][break]

"must be an important concert."[break][break]

he could relate, maybe, if he compares it to having to attend an important meeting or something similar.[break][break]

"we best get going, then."[break][break]

swanna pushes off the ground, wings beating until it lifts up into air.

close tab

played by

Zeta

Ventis, Prince of Song
He/Him
November 6th
Fallarbor
Bisexual
Idol
Grunt
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cartier
KLAUS CARTIER
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 14:58:12 GMT
KLAUS CARTIER Avatar

Important doesn't even begin to cover it, it's one of the biggest bashes of the season. Not that he'd get fired for being late, per say, but dealing with the fallout afterward would be a PR nightmare....yeah, that's definitely not something he wants on his plate. His agent would probably have him doing meet and greets and variety shows multiple times a week until he was feeling properly repentant (and wanted to scream). 

"Yeah, it's a big one. Tickets were..." Honestly, Klaus has no idea how much people shelled out to see him and whatever opening acts had managed to tack themselves on to get a bump from his name. "Expensive," he finishes somewhat lamely. 

Klaus braces himself, trying not to shift his weight and overbalance as the altaria begins to rise, keeping pace with the swanna. 

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 4:12:03 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i bet they were."[break][break]

not like theo would know anything about ticket prices and how cheap or expensive they are. he's never been to one before (apart from 's and the splashfest one) and he doubts he'll attend one in the future.[break][break]

their flight to slateport is uneventful if not a bit long and tedious. theo spends most of it peering down at the blue hues of the ocean, watching the tides push and pull.[break][break]

eventually, slateport comes into sight, and theo's drifting back to altaria's side to ask over the sound of the wind:[break][break]

"where to?"

close tab

played by

Zeta

Ventis, Prince of Song
He/Him
November 6th
Fallarbor
Bisexual
Idol
Grunt
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cartier
KLAUS CARTIER
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 15:34:37 GMT
KLAUS CARTIER Avatar

The fact that the other man doesn't seem inclined to engage in small talk feels like a blessing, though it does give Klaus more time to focus on just how little there is keeping him from taking a tumble into the ocean, a thought that makes him tense on more than one occasion as he watches the waves roll by beneath them. 

Thankfully, the trip proves largely uneventful, if a bit long for Klaus's taste, but he'd been expecting that much - it had been well worth it to spend some time away from it all. 

"There's a hotel across from the stadium called the Grand Wailord. Think we can land on the roof?" It was a strange request, to be sure, but it wouldn't be the first time he'd done it. A roof landing meant more hassle, and the need to call his so called "handler" sooner than he'd like, but it also meant that he could change before he ran into any of his fans, many of whom were sure to recognize him long before he noticed them. 

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 2:53:53 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"sure."[break][break]

while it is an odd request, theo chooses not to think too much about it. maybe landing on the roof is just less hassle than going through the front door with the rest of the crowd. that, he can understand.[break][break]

they soon come to the hotel, and the birds land gently on the roof, swanna more so than the altaria who's still not that used to having extra weight on its back.[break][break]

theo remains on his swanna for now.[break][break]

"did we land here because you need to change for the concert?"

close tab

played by

Zeta

Ventis, Prince of Song
He/Him
November 6th
Fallarbor
Bisexual
Idol
Grunt
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cartier
KLAUS CARTIER
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 22:21:30 GMT
KLAUS CARTIER Avatar
Klaus does his best to keep still as the altaria approaches the roof and, while he wouldn't call it a graceful landing, he's also not nursing an injury when all is said and done, so he counts himself lucky as he slides off onto the roof, hand already fishing around for his keycard in the pocket on the side of his duffel bag. 

"Did we land here because you need to change for the concert?"

Klaus winces. Looks like the jig is up. Fair enough, he did ask if they could land on the roof, and it's not as if Klaus isn't fully aware that that's not, strictly speaking, normal behavior. It still beat landing in the street and being accosted by half a dozen people before he could make it to his room.

"Yeah. I can't exactly go dressed like this." After all, he's still dressed like he's going to the beach. Swim trunks, open shirt and, thanks to the ride, thoroughly windswept hair. "My room's on the top floor, so it'll be faster to head in this way." Added bonus, no waiting for the elevator while some fan tried to talk his ear off. Last time around, two young girls had cornered him while he'd been waiting and started singing. No, singing would have been fine, it'd been closer to wailing, nevermind the fact that he'd had a fairly sizeable hangover at the time.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 17:55:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

despite what klaus may think, the jig is definitely not up. theo had simply assumed people dressed up differently to go to concerts, and being dressed in the same outfit one traveled in definitely doesn't sound appealing.[break][break]

"alright."[break][break]

he offers a small smile at best.[break][break]

"do you still need my help, or?"

close tab

played by

Zeta

Ventis, Prince of Song
He/Him
November 6th
Fallarbor
Bisexual
Idol
Grunt
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cartier
KLAUS CARTIER
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 18:12:03 GMT
KLAUS CARTIER Avatar

Wait that's...it? Huh. Looks like the jig isn't up after all. Klaus won't lie, it's definitely a pleasant surprise. This has certainly gone leagues better than most of his interactions with the public this week, at least as far as he's concerned. 

"Nah, I've got it from here. Thanks again."