Thieves in the Night [M]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 12:49:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]
[attr="class","bishoptext"]

[attr="class","bishoppkmn"]

Midnight. The stone architecture of Rustboro City rose around Bishop as he walked through its empty streets, each building a guardian in silent vigil over the sleeping city. He slipped between them, hugging the shadows. Dressed all in black, he raised the hood of his jacket over his head; his mask of grinning fangs covered the lower half of his face. Upon first glance, no one could deny he struck a suspicious figure, but no one was awake to notice.[break][break]

Quickly, Bishop arrived at the industrial district of Rustboro, with all its factories and warehouses. The Devon Corporation's headquarters loomed over the area, each window dark and empty. Passing it, Bishop made his way to the designated warehouse, one emblazoned with the logo of a well known pharmaceutical company in the region. It matched the logo in his intel.[break][break]

The intel was accurate in other ways, too. Two guards armed with flashlights and accompanied by Mightyena patrolled in front of the main door. Bishop knew that another pair was stationed on the rooftop to watch for any intruders approaching by air.[break][break]

Waiting in the shadows across the street from the warehouse, Bishop scanned the area with pale blue eyes. His partner for the job should be there any minute now. While he waited, he summoned his Gallade out of sight of the guards so that the light from the release would not draw their attention.

[break]

[attr="class","bishopooc"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Recruitment: Act II

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]--accent:#B65050;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bishop]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoppkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 13:25:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Sure enough, Isaac was right on time. He arrived clad in his usual Rockst guise, albeit with a bandana tied around his mouth to further obscure any facial features and any non-black colors covered up to better hide in the darkness. Considering the usual flair and bombast thst he brought to the table, it was rare seeing him so quiet.[break][break]

As he arrived, a dark shape descended from the skies. It was none other than a Rookidee, which touched down on Isaac's shoulder. The look on its face was stern, and its body language was heavy with tension. Whatever it had seen on its little scouting run, it clearly hadn't been happy with.[break][break]

"The skies free?" Isaac whispered. The Rookidee shook its head, clicking its beak twice. Just as Bishop suspected, the roofs did indeed have guards on them. "And the perimeter?" Another shake. There were no easy shortcuts for this mission.[break][break]

Now Isaac turned to Bishop, expression unreadable between his two layers of mask. "Was hoping a quick peek at what we were up against would give us some hints," he said. "But it looks like we're gonna be doing this one the hard way."[break][break]

The man had his trusty Gallade out. Far as choices for a mission like this went, it was hard to pick out a better one. "I think we should keep on foot for this one. If we chance it on the roofs, all it takes is getting spotted once and we're sitting ducks. At least down here, we've got a whole complex worth of hiding places. But what do you think?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @bishop

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 15:26:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

Bishop gave Isaac a small salute in greeting as the other man approached. "I agree," he whispered back, nodding. "I only counted two guards with Mightyena here, and they mostly stick to this main area."[break][break]

He pointed to the front of the warehouse. The guard who was closest to the street swept their flashlight in the Rockets' direction. Bishop grabbed Isaac's collar and yanked him further into the darkness that shielded them from view. Bishop waited with bated breath until the guard turned and the light faded, then slowly released his companion.[break][break]

"If we can get past them and along the side, we might be able to get in through a window or cut a hole in the outside wall."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 17:16:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Window sounds good to me. Less sign we've been here, the better," Isaac decided. Windows locked and unlocked, but you couldn't take back a hole in a wall. Sure, if they ended up in a rush, these beggars wouldn't be able to be choosers. But it was better to plan for a good result and prepare for the worst.[break][break]

For now, he remained pressed against the wall, even after Bishop released him. If he only saw two guards on this end, things weren't the worst they could've been. That was a small enough cadre for him and Bishop to each take one. Again, though, worst case scenarios; ideally, they'd be able to do this without resorting to such means.[break][break]

"Slow, careful, and quiet. A Mightyena's gonna hear us way before it sees us, and unless we're getting flasight tagged the guard's vision will be even worse," Isaac figured. "If we distract the dogs, that buys us a lot more time to work, but it also gets hackles raised. Especially if we leave the guards something to look at after." Hasty or methodical. Hidden within the shadows, or veiled by tricks and distractions. There were many, many options for going about this.[break][break]

As Isaac brainstormed, he studied, trying to get a sense of the speed at which these Mightyena patrolled. One loop . . . two loops . . . by now, Isaac was starting to build a steady counting rhythm in his head. "You see any cameras of alarms over by the spot we're eyeing? If you do, I've got a guy that can take 'em out for us," Isaac finished, keeping a hand on Coulomb's Pokeball. A little shock in just the right place could do wonders to help a breaking and entering go smoothly.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 1:06:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

"Better to make ourselves a clean entrance. Gallade can teleport supplies back and forth between Sootopolis and here, but that may take a while dependin' on how much shit's in there, and I don't want us to be fightin' off suspicious guards while we're doin' it."[break][break]

Bishop adjusted the mask over his nose and mouth. His and Isaac's orders were strictly to deliver as many supplies they could get their hands on as possible. It was no easy feat to physically transfer a warehouse full of crates from Rustboro to Sootopolis. Teleporting with a Psychic-type Pokémon was the only option.[break][break]

At Isaac's question, Bishop quietly unzipped the backpack he carried and pulled out a small pair of binoculars. The darkness of night made it difficult to see, but with the binoculars, he could discern the shape of a security camera just outside the perimeter of a street lamp.[break][break]

"Yeah, I see one," he confirmed. "It's not doing a back-and-forth sweep, but it's pointed in this direction, at an angle." He indicated with a hand. "Go do your thing."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 3:51:13 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]One camera pointed in this direction, huh? That wasn't too terrible to deal with. Isaac waited for the latest round of Mightyena to pass, then cracked a Pokeball open from behind the safety of cover. Coulomb came out, the Pincurchin glancing expectantly towards Isaac.[break][break]

"You're on camera duty," Isaac whispered, gesturing with his head in the direction of Bishop's hand. "Keep to the walls so the camera doesn't spot you. If someone walks in on you, freeze up; if you don't move, it'll be dark enough to blend in. And Halberd, you drop him off so this doesn't take all night. Sounds good?"[break][break]

Coulomb nodded once, then extended a quill for Halberd to grab on. When the Mightyena had rounded the corner and faded from sight, the duo took off. They kept high above the sky, out of visual range of the Corvisquire perching on the roof, and circled around as they looked for a proper dropoff point.[break][break]

Aha. Just behind the camera's line of sight. That would work perfectly. Halberd touched down, receding into the shadows as Coulomb wiggled out from his grip. He wasn't the fastest mover, but he could climb walls with ease and was nearly invisible against the inky blackness of the night. That meant it never needed to break its stride, even when a Mightyena patrol skewed worryingly close.[break][break]

Finally, Coulomb was right up against the camera. It extended another quill, this time to short circuit it with a quick, precise Zing Zap. Any footage it was displaying gave way to first static, then pure blackness.[break][break]

When the bird and urchin regrouped with Isaac, he thanked them with a bright smile and a quick ruffle of Halberd's feathers. The two went back into their Pokeballs shortly after, Isaac not wanting to risk running out of cover with too many bodies in tow. "Alright, way should be clear now," he whispered to Bishop. "Let's get going . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . . now!" The Mightyena rounded around the corner, and in their wake Isaac made a dash for the target.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 4:35:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

On Isaac's queue, Bishop dashed as swiftly and quietly as he could, keeping up with the younger man. They crossed the street and pulled themselves into the shadows of the wall, on the far side of the patrolling guard and his Pokémon.[break][break]

The time for speech had passed. Bishop glanced up at the short-circuited camera, gave his companion a quick thumbs up, then moved stealthily along the wall, away from the route the guard would take.[break][break]

Peeking through a window, Bishop saw only darkness. A good sign. Feeling with his hands, he tested the windows. They were made of multiple panes of glass set into a grid-like windowpane, with a narrow ledge at the bottom. From personal experience, Bishop knew there was a latch on the inside. Pulling it would allow them to push the window open, at least from their side of the building. But how to reach it? Normally, he would smash the panel closest to the latch and stick his arm through it, but the sound of shattering glass would draw too much attention.[break][break]

Thankfully, reading over the mission intel meant he'd known to bring just the right tool for the job: a circular glass cutter. It was not the most compact of tools, however. He'd had to bring a backpack just to carry it, along with a flashlight, first aid kit, lockpick, and phone charger. Just in case.[break][break]

In moments, Bishop had cut a hole in the glass just wide enough in diameter for his arm. He carefully reached in. After a few tense moments of groping, he found the latch and pulled. His reward was the faint click of the inner frame of the window unlocking from its outer frame. A gentle push was all it took for the window to slowly swing open.[break][break]

Bishop looked at Isaac and jerked his thumb at the opening, indicating that the blonde man should go first.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800; } .bishop .bishoptext i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc"]} .bishop .bishopooc b { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800; } .bishop .bishopooc i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .bishop .bishopooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 4:48:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Stupid internal locks. If Isaac could just get to a lock, he'd be able to pop this bad boy open. But in this darkness? While they were surrounded by this many threats? No way. They'd need to find some other way of getting the window open, or even another entrance entirely-[break][break]

Or that![break][break]

Isaac grinned widely in appreciation as Bishop whipped out the glass cutter. "Oh, you are good," he whispered, his compliment hidden by the sound of grinding glass. As far as traces being left behind went, this was really as subtle as you could get. It'd be near impossible to notice in the darkness.[break][break]

Bishop got the door open, so Isaac was on first entry duty. Yeah. Sure. That made sense. He slipped through the window, his narrower frame and lighter weight making for an easier entrance than Bishop would've had anyway. Only a pair of soft, quick footfalls indicated that Isaac had arrived; clearly, the younger man had practice at this sort of field.[break][break]

He didn't waste time standing around in the open, either. Pretty much the second he landed, Isaac pressed himself against the nearby wall. Now instead of being an obvious target, he could keep hidden in shadow to start surveying his surroundings. He'd take a look at anything of interest he could see from his current location; objects of particular note, electronic devices that could help or harm them, the general layout of the room and any accessible exits, any documents such as floor plans or shipping orders. Knowledge was power, and Isaac liked feeling strong.[break][break]

A deep search could wait, however. The main purpose of his quick overview was to see if they had just stumbled into a trap. Once he was able to confirm that the situation was clear, Isaac would flash Bishop a thumbs up and motion for him to head on in. When it came time for the deep dive, two heads would be far better than one.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 19:38:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

Bishop jumped through the open window upon Isaac's signal, trying his best to be as quiet as possible. Unfortunately, he was taller and heavier than his partner in crime; his boots thudded against the warehouse floor. Gallade followed, and Bishop closed the window but did not secure the latch.[break][break]

It was completely dark inside the warehouse. Reaching into his backpack once again, Bishop removed two flashlights and handed one to Isaac. They were the kind with large beams and could be used as improvised blunt weapons if needed.[break][break]

Clicking his flashlight on, Bishop surveyed the closest objects. Stacks of crates stretched out before them in orderly rows, each stamped with the same logo that graced the outside of the building. He moved to the nearest one and tested the lid. It didn't budge. With a gesture from his master, Gallade approached and sliced through the iron nails that sealed the lid to the rest of the wooden box.[break][break]

"Jackpot," Bishop whispered after lifting the lid and shining his flashlight onto its contents: tightly packed cases of antibiotics. He knew from their intel that other crates held other medicines. "Gallade, start your work."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 0:17:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Medicine. Of course it had to be medicine.[break][break]

Isaac quickly took in air through his nose as he saw the logo on the crate. There were two types of heist. The first was the type where the League and the fact cats backing it lost something of value, and Rocket gained it. Raw materials, electronics, Pokeballs, weaponry. Their enemy's loss was their simultaneous gain. It was a win-win for everyone but the League, and fuck the League.[break][break]

Then there was the second type. The type where innocents paid the price as collateral in the war, or were arguably the main target. This medicine could save a lot of lives over in Rustboro. Yet here Isaac and Bishop were, preparing to loot it with reckless abandon. Back when the worst crime Isaac did was shoplifting, medicine was always the one thing on his no-go list without a damn good reason behind it.[break][break]

Maybe there was a good reason. Sootopolis was still hurting in the aftermath of the Necrozma incident, after all. Most cities in Hoenn, at the very least, seemed stable. But Sootopolis? They were already struggling in the aftermath of the invasion, and that was before that big mean mother from Ultra Space decided to drop on in. Were these supplies going there?[break][break]

It was just as likely that they were being funneled into black markets to fund Rocket operations. But, was that so bad, either? Those who needed to turn to black markets often didn't have any better options. Either they didn't have the money to afford the original deal, or they didn't even have access where they were. You could argue it was extortion. But you could also argue with was giving a chance to someone that would otherwise be left out in the cold. And it was depriving big pharma to megabucks they sold these things at, too. That sort of black eye was very, very tempting to deal out.[break][break]

Still, it sat in his gut like a lead weight. Someone was going to win. Someone was going to lose. There was only so much medicine to go around. It was a zero-sum game even in the best of times, and now he was an active player in it. Could he seriously say he was okay with this?[break][break]

Okay. Enough moral philosophy. He'd be running in circles forever if he kept that up. It'd be better to look at the practicality of this situation, and that was all too clear. Bishop was here, doing the job. If Isaac did the job with him, they'd do the job faster and he could go home. If Isaac didn't do the job, the job'd get done anyway and he'd have his inaction hanging over his head. And if he dared to go rogue? Well, that was a can of worms Isaac didn't even entertain opening.[break][break]

He released his breath, and with it his focus and clarity came back to him. He released another pair of Pokeballs from his belt, these ones containing the blade-armed duo of Poseidon and Kurze. "Give our friend here a hand. Faster we get this done, less risk we've got coming our way," Isaac said. The Kabutops and Bisharp looked towards each other, exchanging a single nod. And then they began following Gallade's lead, prying open boxes of particular import.[break][break]

At this rate, they'd be done in no time.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 1:00:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

While Isaac hesitated, Bishop's Gallade teleported the nearest half-dozen crates of medicine — including unopened ones — to a predetermined warehouse in Sootopolis. A team waiting there knew to expect the Pokémon's arrival and would coordinate rearranging them for maximally efficient storage. But that was not Bishop's problem. Instead, he remained on alert, keeping an eye out for unwanted arrivals.[break][break]

When he saw Isaac's Pokémon opening up the other crates, he sidled over and peered into one of them. Inside were bulk packages of bandage wrappings, gauze, and similar items.[break][break]

"Nice," he murmured. Then, to the Bisharp and Kabutops, he said, "Don't have to open 'em all up. Just enough so we can confirm they will be useful to send over."[break][break]

Then he turned to Isaac and saw something troubled on the younger man's face. "You okay?"[break][break]

Unlike the blonde, Bishop had no qualms about looting medicine from the League. After all, family came first, and in his case, family was Rocket. If he was going to integrate himself into its Hoenn branch — his new family, for the foreseeable future — he was willing to do anything.[break][break]

And that included reassuring a fellow grunt that everything was going to be fine.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 1:45:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The bladed Pokemon nodded, easing their crate opening activities from every box they found to only any sections that hadn't yet been checked. If a set of crates looked promising, they'd start bringing them box by box over towards Bishop and his Gallade.[break][break]

The man didn't just have his eye on the prize, though. He also has it on Isaac, noting his contemplation. Isaac's first instinct was to try and swallow his worries down. Nobody needed to know his discomfort. Especially not a fellow Rocket Grunt. Especially not a fellow Rocket Grunt who seemed ready to do anything, and everything, for the cause.[break][break]

At the same time, saying nothing would just be suspicious. The last thing he needed was for back and forth at the last hurdle of the mission.[break][break]

Maybe that was why instead, Isaac sighed slightly, shooting Bishop a weary smile. "Half a year ago, I didn't expect I'd be stealing a whole warehouse's worth of medicine, y'know?" Isaac admitted. "Not that it's a problem or anything. Just . . . needed to catch myself for a second."[break][break]

He'd be lying if he said this fully sat right with him. But if it came down to Rocket or the League, he knew where his allegiance lied. Maybe both of these factions would exploit this resource for all it was worth. Maybe both of these factions cared more about their own survival than the betterment of the world. Maybe both of these factions were just waiting for the other to blink first.[break][break]

But only one of these factions was honest about it.[break][break]

"It's better off out of League hands, anyway."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 10:27:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

Bishop was not about to start justifying the morals of their situation to Isaac. There were none, really — none that he cared about. He knew that their actions were criminal, and some would decry the men and the organization that held their allegiance as downright evil. Bishop knew things in life were never that straightforward.[break][break]

"That's right. You said you'd only joined up about four months back, yeah? What were you doin' before then?"[break][break]

He spoke below a whisper, and his gaze strayed from Isaac's face to continue watching their surroundings. Around him, the Kabutops and Bisharp continued preparing the crates as Gallade teleported back and forth between there and Sootopolis.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 16:58:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The past was never a topic Isaac cared to get too bogged down in. As far as he was concerned, it was dead to him. What was there to look back on? A family that was better off without him? Four years spent spinning his wheels, pretending a bunch of meandering around and doing odd jobs would amount to anything? It was a waste of energy. It was a waste of brainpower. It was a waste of time.[break][break]

And yet, whenever it came up, Isaac couldn't get it out of his head. It stayed embedded in there, as deep-seated as the nails in these crates, until he melted it down with the proper level of vitriol. It wasn't enough to just say his past meant nothing to him and move on. He had to shout his defiance of it to the heavens, just as he shouted his defiance to the meteor that hurtled closer with each passing day.[break][break]

It was as if he knew that he'd never escape either.[break][break]

"Oh, you know," he said, his cool, dismissive tone a stark contrast to the burning heat in the walls of his brain. "Exploring the region. Learning a little of everything. Keeping myself busy freelancing. That kinda thing." Really, was it so different from Rocket? He just had a new client, a lot more wiggle room in the eyes of the law, and more resources than 4 years of odd jobs ever got him.[break][break]

For as much as parts of Rocket disquieted him, it was worth anything to not have to go back. Nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask, and he'd forgotten how to care in turn. Rocket opened his eyes, and everything came flooding back on force. The idea of giving all that up just to float around the region like a lost soul left him sick to his stomach.

"How about you?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Thieves in the Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 17:56:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

"Oh nice, a jack-of-all-trades kinda guy. Me too, me too. Except I was with Rocket the whole time. Remember me tellin' ya I grew up in it? Yeah."[break][break]

Bishop turned to watch the Pokémon work. At that point, all of the groups of crates had been checked, and Isaac's two Pokémon returned to the humans' side to await further orders. Gallade, meanwhile, continued to make trips back and forth between their present location and the warehouse in Sootopolis. Steadily, the space around them became emptier and emptier.[break][break]

That meant, from where the two men stood, they could more easily see the front doors of the warehouse. Bishop pointed his flashlight in that direction but kept the beam from shining through the doors themselves. If he did, the light might seep through the cracks around the doors, alerting the guards on the other side.[break][break]

Still, the job was going way more smoothly than he'd expected. A part of him only grew more tense at the thought, the part that had survived twenty years of crime.[break][break]

"My last job before I came here, my buddy and I burned down a local butcher shop." Bishop said it with such easy nonchalance that it was disturbing to hear it in the quiet dark. "The owner had enough of our protection fees and refused to pay up. Not only that, but he was tryin' to rally all the other shop owners and unite them against us."[break][break]

Under his mask, Bishop smirked.[break][break]

"We sure taught him a lesson, but I didn't have time to bask in that success. I'm hopin' the fam back home benefited all right, though."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]