taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2019 21:40:28 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE BEDAZZLED BEAUTY: THE MUSEUM CURATOR

[attr="class","ipad"]RIDDLE ATTEMPT[break][break]
Several inconsequential days pass by and eventually Kyle receives a call from an unknown number. When he picks up he recognizes the timid voice of the Curator's secretary. "Hi, is this Kyle? I'm calling on behalf of the Curator from Lilycove. She says to stop by when you have a chance! She wants to return the items you left with her. She said she figured out what they were!" [break][break]

A message is also relayed to Alexander but he's too busy to make time for the detour. He has bigger plans and his trip to depart from Hoenn is not something he will postpone, especially not for a trivial task that stemmed for curiosity and not necessity. Stone entrusts Kyle with following up in his stead and the Curator sets a time for him to stop by. This time, he has an appointment. [break][break]

The next time Kyle meets with the Curator he recognizes the Meloetta that accompanies her. It's the same Pokemon they had freed from its stone stasis and now walks around comfortably, clinging to the Curator like a curious toddler. The Curator dangles the two bells in front of him with a smug smile, hiding her outward approval for the man. [break][break]

"The burnt bell is from Johto. It's a relic from Ecruteak city used in olden times for their ceremonies. Many of the myths involve dances and songs used to welcome Ho-oh back to its nest — at least before its tower burned down and it left to never return." [break][break]

She rings it and it gives off a dull yet distinct chime. [break][break]

"The silver bell is from Unova. There's a famous music shop that's known for being able to tune any instrument to copy the same pitch as another instrument. From what I can gather, it looks like they tried to replicate the burnt bell's original pitch but due to the deterioration of the bell they couldn't get the right sound." [break][break]

She rings the silver bell and it sounds exactly the same but with an extra crispness to it that fills Kyle's ear with a sense of clarity. [break][break]

"Thanks to Meloetta." The Curator pats the Pokemon affectionate on her head before handing both bells over to Kyle. "You should travel to Johto and see what you can find out. There's a Historian in Ecruteak you can visit for more information but feel free to stop by the towers to see for yourself." [break][break]

[break][break]

[break]
repost in the research thread after you have posted!

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 2:56:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a faint smile appears on his face when he sees the meloetta finally wandering around the curator's basement. he greets the curator with the same soft expression, eyes more lively than the last time he was here.

he receives the bells back from the curator. he doesn't know much about the dances and songs, but he's aware of it, if only because the traditions in johto are kept alive up to present. the connection between it and the legendary pokemon ho-oh, however, wasn't a subject he was aware of before now.

"thanks. i'll do that. i'll leave you to enjoy your time with meloetta then." he goes back to the spiraling staircase that brought him down, before turning. "let me know when you need help with her though," he adds before leaving.

--

johto.

he wasn't new to the region, so sightseeing wasn't much of a temptation for him. if he was to be honest, a certain excitement filled him regardless of whether it was a new experience or not. he finds himself upbeat for throughout the trip. he makes sure to steer clear from blackthorn though, not wanting to get asked with questions pertaining to the rebellious children that ran away from home all the way to hoenn. instead, he beelines for ecruteak as soon as he reached land.

the phone is brought out as he stood in front of where he could find the historian. he had given the person of contact a heads up ahead of time, but the anxiety of meeting a new person was always there, especially if it's something planned. double checking if he has the correct address and knocks on the entrance to let his presence known.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2019 22:50:25 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
AN OPTIMISTIC OUTLOOK: THE HISTORIAN

[attr="class","ipad"]AN EXPERT'S OPINION[break][break]
"Just a moment!" [break][break]

The Historian opens the door and greets Kyle with a warm smile. "Come in, come in," he implores, closing the door behind him as he welcomes his guest into his humble abode. His living room seems more like a library than anything else, well maintained and without a speck of dust. The books are neatly organized on each shelf and several lay sprawled out on his coffee table. [break][break]

"The Curator from Lilycove told me about you. Oh! And the bells! There are plenty of stories about the Bell and Burnt Towers. So many in fact that it's hard to tell what's really history and what's made up for the sake of storytelling." The Historian flips through the topmost book and searches for a certain passage somewhere in the middle of the book. "Every mention of the bell revolves around one concept: they were used to welcome Ho-oh back to its roost. Fascinating, isn't it? Well, here comes the interesting part — most scholars, myself included, believe that the bell's sound was used to beckon the Pokemon home. The total opposite of what the stories suggest!" [break][break]

The Historian laughs and closes the book, sinking back into his sofa and staring off into his window. The sight of both towers, one burnt into ruins while the stand proud and tall, take up the most of his view. [break][break]

"There are still some bells from the Burnt Tower. Most of them are collected as artifacts but there have been those daring enough to try and ring them to bring back Ho-oh. Nothing happens, of course, but they blame it on the damage due to the fire. Some of the more cynical owners believe that the bells are nothing special and just regular bells used for ceremonies. As for me... I like to believe they're just damaged, it adds to the mystery." [break][break]

The Historian lets out a quiet sigh, one filled with a child-like wonder laced with an optimism he imparts onto Kyle. "When you have a chance you should visit the towers and give it a ring. I'd love to go with you but I speculate the less people the better. Since Ho-oh has never reappeared I doubt it'll come back to a bunch of people. Maybe if it hears the bell it won't notice you and come back. Who knows? I do wonder..." [break][break]

[break][break]

[break]
repost in the research thread after you have posted!

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2019 1:56:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the historian's enthusiasm in the matter is contagious to the member of hoenn's elite four. an immediate agreement to try ringing it on what was supposed to be ho-oh's home followed the historian's suggestion. kyle departs the historian's home with a promise to give him reports of what happens, both of them excited with curiosity on the matter.

just as he leaves, he braces himself for the disappointment for when he reaches the top of the tower.

---

with bells on his hand, he arrives at the tower that was meant to replicate the burned one. in a sense, the bells were the same: one was the original and the other was to replace it.

while he never bothered to climb one of johto's towers before, he wouldn't say that he wasn't curious about them. multiple stories makes him catch his breath as he reached the top. he takes a few moments to rest, sitting on the last step of the stairs while he allows his heart rate to normalize.

part of him was reluctant about being optimistic about this, but he tries it anyways.

taking the bell out, he holds it up and rings it. although he tries to convince himself nothing exciting would happen, part of him panics if the possibility of ho-oh coming home was there. he hasn't, after all, prepared for anything that might happen afterwards. his heart rate goes up once more.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2019 9:13:02 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
SOMEWHERE A BELL TOLLS

[attr="class","ipad"]RING DING DONG[break][break]
The bell rings three times: [break][break]

The first time it rings the sun shines bright and Kyle can feel the northern winds blow past him. [break][break]

The second time it rings the chime of metal on metal clinks fantastically. The currents shift and it blows from the east. [break][break]

The third time it rings the sound echoes with an elasticity reverses the flow to blow from the west. [break][break]

It rings three times and Kyle can feel his mind reach a level of enlightenment unreachable by man. His head feels light and his body pure, cleansed by the burdens of earthly thoughts. He blinks, staring up into the sun until his vision is eclipsed by a blinding light. When it returns he's no longer alone. [break][break][break]

[break][break]

The three legendary beasts of Johto stand before him, watching Kyle expectantly as if he beckoned them. They stand there silent, still, waiting for a moment before also peering at the sun. There's no sign of Ho-oh. They continue to stand dutifully, waiting for the sound of the phoenix's cry before coming to the realization that the chime comes from the bell in Kyle's hand. They've been summoned by a mere human. [break][break]

Raikou is the first of the three to react, barking loudly with the ferocity of booming THUNDER. It stomps in place before disappearing in an instant. Like lightning, the Pokemon reappears before him in a FLASH, sniffing at his chest before growling in disapproval. It DISCHARGES a fraction of its power and electrocutes Kyle. The attack brings him to his knees, chest thumping wildly as he enters cardiac arrest. [break][break]

Entei is the second of the three to react, snorting as it looks down at the fallen man. It recognizes him from his garden and places a paw on the back of his head, igniting him with SACRED FIRE. The purity of the flames will cleanse his body of sin and weakness, cooking him alive as his body spasms from his blood boiling him alive. The Entei HOWLS, inhaling the oxygen around Kyle until he suffocates on the flames. [break][break]

Suicune is the third of the three to react, glaring at the collapsed, dying man. It LICKS him several times, coating him in a saliva that crystallizes into true ice. It continues to mend his wounds until Kyle is entombed in SHEER COLD. His sense of feeling returns and it feels like he's basking in a lake. The water is soft to the touch, keeping him afloat despite the troubles of the land. He can feel Suicune's snout nudge his side before the Pokemon runs off towards the north. [break][break]

When the ice melts Kyle is alive and renewed with purpose. His body has been purified by the Suicune, cleansed of dirt, devoid of scars and old battle wounds. His skin is perfect, his body is strong, and his soul feels a sense of resolve unmatched. Without Ho-oh, the process of reincarnation is laced with hardship and pain but the legendary beast carry out their duty. This is the closest they've been toward someone capable of summoning Ho-oh and Kyle can feel their faith in him. [break][break]

When Kyle comes to he finds a yellow silk pouch wrapped around his neck. Inside is a parting gift from the legendary beasts should he need their help. Despite never being told about the SACRED ASH, he somehow knows what it's for. [break][break]

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2019 9:31:37 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE END

[attr="class","ipad"]

Kyle's investigation into the items he found in Slateport have lead him to the Bell Tower in Ecruteak. He's summoned the legendary beasts of Ho-oh with the restored Silver Bell he received from the Curator's Meloetta. His rewards for coming this far is a punishment by Raikou, acknowledgement from Entei, and a chance at redemption from Suicune. He leaves the Bell Tower a different man with both a physical gift and a spiritual one.[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","chosen"]YOU ARE WORTHY
[attr="class","chosen2"]
raikou, entei, suicune [break]
have chosen to be ho-oh's avatar.[break]
[break][break][break]

you receive the following perks:
[break][break]

• you receive 10 infamy.
  • kyle has an emerging hero complex.
  • kyle's has been healed from all injuries, ailments, and conditions. also, kyle's body is in peak physical condition.
  • kyle can select one of the legendary beasts to be his main guardian (choose one and add to your party) and summon them at will.
  • kyle receives 5 SACRED ASHES.
  • SACRED ASH is a consumable item that will summon the two other legendary beasts into a thread to assist the user.
  • kyle has the ability to create SACRED ASH in DEATH ENABLED event threads where three of his pokemon die protecting or saving another character.
  • kyle can revive others and pokemon from death, and he himself from death (consult staff).
[break][break]

UPDATE[break]
This will occur after his RAINBOW WING reacts with PRIMAL ENERGY after the AQUA ASSEMBLY.[break][break]
  • kyle's emerging hero complex has progressed into an ability to uplift the spirits of people around him.
  • kyle's pokemon regenerate health over time in the midst of battle and gain the effects of NATURAL CURE upon switching out.
  • kyle can conjure SACRED ASH magically, which can manifest as raikou and suicune to aid him in battle. they will act as separate, additional entities in threads/events.
  • when in a pinch, close to death, or when killed, kyle summons a calamity (an cataclysmic field of flame, thunder and rain) that scorches a large area around him.
  • feel free to add ho-oh to your party and choose its moves like a gachapon pokemon.