taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 6:08:03 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE BEDAZZLED BEAUTY: THE MUSEUM CURATOR

[attr="class","ipad"]URGENT BUSINESS[break][break]
there aren't any interruptions from his lampent because the pokemon has gone missing. it doesn't come back and has no way of communicating with its trainer. even its aura seems to have disappeared off the map. only if alexander scours around the curator's house will he find it, slumped off to the side street, fainted.[break][break]

the museum operates like any other day. the curator is in and is expecting the duo, although she makes no obvious effort to reach out to them. only after they meet with her receptionist does she come out to greet them. a clap of her hands snaps their attention to her figure. she doesn't have time to waste.[break][break]

"alexander stone. alexander's associate. what can i do for you?" [break][break]

what do you do?
[break][break]

[break][break]

/ [break]
repost in the research thread after you have posted!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 6:18:45 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
lampent doesn't return and as odd as it is they have no time to waste. he surmises that they only have a very brief window of opportunity to meet the curator before she disappears into her world of work.

"thank you for taking the time to meet us. i will keep things short: we need your help understanding these items." 

he looks to kyle, gesturing for the young lad to take out the items to show the curator. when he does, alexander continues, voice curt.

"the silver bell traces back to castelia city in unova. the burnt bell possibly from the bell tower in johto. we think they may be related but we cannot confirm. furthermore, they do not share the same frequency." 

he also motions to the remaining items.

"we also have a map and three silver coins, if they mean anything to you." 

he talks and gestures but his gaze stays fixed on the curator, gauging her reactions and body language to try and get a better read of her.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 16:51:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he does the thing alex tells him to do cause it's too early in the morning and kyle can't be bothered to think for himself.

he just wants coffee.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 7:12:19 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

[attr="class","ipad"]THE MUSEUM'S SECRET[break][break]
her eyes trace along the lines of kyle's hand. the items are interesting, yes, but mean nothing to someone in her line of work. the objects hold no artistic value and she doesn't recognize them beyond alexander's explanation. the map and silver bell don't even seem to be anything more than ordinary objects. she nods her head no, looking first at kyle and then alexander. [break][break]

"we cultivate and collect art, not trinkets. i'm sorry but i don't think i'll be of much help here. your best bet would be to check with someone from ecruteak." it's just a guess but since stone had mentioned the origins of the burnt bell being from the bell tower, where better than to look than in one of johto's most historic cities? with little else to add, the curator presumes their business is done and has half the mind to return to tending to her exhibits. [break][break]

"actually—wait a minute. let me look at that." with a feline grace, the curator plucks the bells straight out of kyle's hands. her touch is soft but momentary, demonstrating a deft sleight of hand that manages to steal the items straight out from under him before he can react. "hmmmm. come with me, gentleman. bonni, keep an eye on things. the last thing i need are more visitors."[break][break]

the curator turns on the ball of her feet, heels clicking against the marble floor as her hips sway with each step. she doesn't turn back to look at them because she knows they'll follow. even if they don't, she has the bell. click, clack, click, clack. her head start grants her enough space to force them to curry to her pace, too far to carry out conversation, close enough not to get lost. she takes them through the employee section of the museum and for those who have never seen the areas where supplies are stored for future exhibits, it's plain, boring, and disturbingly messy. it seems more akin to a dusty old basement than one of hoenn's most modern museums.[break][break]

the curator leads them to a pitch black basement and the lights flicker alive when the sound of her steps echo down the staircase. what they reveal is a sizable pedestal with the girth of a graveler. sitting atop the stone pedestal is a statue of a pokemon that very few people know about. only the bards of unova, as few as they are, can recount the tale of a pokemon who's melody touches the heart of even the most savage beasts.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

the curator holds a bell in each of her hand, delicately holding the stem with the tip of her fingers. she gives them a faint jiggle, each bell giving off a different pitch ring. she starts to hum aloud, breaking out into a soft melody that only stone's lampent will know.[break][break]

"within my heart and soul it resides, my dear, all those cuts of memories, will they ever disappear?"[break][break]

nothing happens and the curator frowns. she stops playing with the bells and turns back to the two. [break][break]

"this is the melody pokemon from unova. it provided ancient civilizations the power of song and dance, able to tame even the most ferocious of pokemon with a simple tune. i've spent years combing through various pieces of literature and art to find it but i haven't found a way to awaken it from its dormant state. there are multiple stories of this pokemon being awaken by a RELIC SONG but the sheet music and prose we've uncovered doesn't seem to be enough. i've starting taking singing lesson as well in an effort to rouse it from its sleep but i haven't had any luck."[break][break]

she sighs, shaking her head in defeat. "i've spent months practicing and trying but nothing we do seems to work. i was hoping that perhaps the bells may have an effect but alas..." she places both bells in her right hand before holding it back out for kyle. "it looks like it was for naught."[break][break]

[break]

YOU'VE HIT A ROADBLOCK: SOLVE THE RESEARCH RIDDLE!

[break][break]

AWAKEN MELOETTA!
[break]

you may try a single solution attempt per post. you may try as many times as you'd like. will determine the outcome of your solution with a mod post. you may use any items obtained from events, pokemon you own, or characters you have plotted with to help come up with a solution. please PM prior to having another character join in. [break][break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

/ [break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 7:33:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
within my heart and soul it resides, my dear, all those cuts of memories, will they ever disappear? 

the words ring through his mind, echoing as he repeats it over and over again. he narrows his eyes at the statue before him. like most children, he remembers reading about legendary tales and folklore but never has he come across this particular one. or maybe he has and he has simply forgotten. either way, he is filled with a sense of wonder and excitement and also anxiety as he gazes at the statue.

"any ideas, kyle?" 

he has a few but he's not confident in any of them. it's a strange feeling for him, to be uncertain, but it is a refreshing change for once. he hums as he thinks. his arms cross over his chest and his foot starts to tap against the ground every now and then.

"maybe a pokemon needs to SING it." 

he reaches for a pokeball and calls out his gallade, the momentary flash from the pokeball illuminates the room for a moment. "please find lampent. she might be near the curator's house." it is the only logical assumption given how lampent never returned. the situation seems a bit too coincidental for him not to consider investigating. this is the first time lampent has not returned.

gallade nods and TELEPORTS away.

"the good news is we do not appear to be pressed for time. you said you have spent months trying?"

he asks the curator to affirm once again. he steps over to kyle, gaze finally shifting away from the statue to look at his friend.

"do you have a pokemon that knows SING?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 16:29:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
legends of unova were beyond his jurisdiction. he has no clue about them besides the little tidbit of information that the curator provides them. he takes it in, though no solution to her problem came to mind.

"i, uh, don't have any," he answers.

kyle did not count ideas that he wasn't certain with. seeing as it concerns a pokemon of legends, it just adds a variable in the equation that kyle couldn't quite understand.

alex asks him a question. kyle answers by bringing out the pokemon that knows the move, and along with it, his manectric that would be ready to use electric terrain to wake everyone up should they fall in the effects of sing.

"it's looks just like a statue. how do you say this is the real deal anyways?" he asks the curator before turning to his chansey. "aight, let's go with mister stony's suggestion."

he turns back to the curator. "can i request an encore on the song? just so chansey can replicate it."

the chansey sings if the curator does kyle's request.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2019 7:48:32 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

[attr="class","ipad"]RIDDLE ATTEMPT[break][break]
the curator shows her silent disapproval for the obvious tactic. what did they take her for? singing was one of the first solutions she tried. "i believe that the pokemon can only be awaken by the power of its song. i've been training for months to perfect it but you can only become so good in such a short amount of time." [break][break]

"we have various accounts that have verified that this statue is the 'real deal'. it used to belong to a village but the pokemon hasn't been active in several life times. the stone its made out of has proven as such. nothing can scratch it."[break][break]

she claps her hands and start to hum again, if only to entertain kyle's suggestion. she break into the chorus again and listens to the chansey repeat it.[break][break]

[break]

NOTHING HAPPENS!

[break][break]

AWAKEN MELOETTA!
[break]

you may try a single solution attempt per post. you may try as many times as you'd like. will determine the outcome of your solution with a mod post. you may use any items obtained from events, pokemon you own, or characters you have plotted with to help come up with a solution. please PM prior to having another character join in. [break][break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

/ [break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2019 16:21:14 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
unsurprisingly, it does not work. his expectations are measured so his disappointment is minimal. he shows no visible signs of reactions as he watches the statue fail to burst to life. a few seconds after the song ends, he sighs and takes his jacket off.

"looks like we might be here for a while." 

he walks over and places it neatly on a nearby chair before crossing his arms as he looks back at the statue. he holds his chin as he thinks.

"i sent my lampent out last night to watch over your house but she never came back. do you know why?" 

almost on cue, gallade reappears out of his TELEPORT with the fainted body of the lampent. her flame flickers dimly but her spirit is still there, present. alexander looks to kyle.

"do you happen to have a revive on you?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2019 4:22:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i have one, i guess."

kyle plays safe all the time, and part of playing safe means always being prepared. he takes a piece from a pouch attached to his belt and hands it to alex. he assumes it's for the lampent.

"i can have chansey heal him afterwards, i guess."

he turns to the curator. "i know someone who can sing. apparently she's really good at it. do you want her to give it a try?" the fact that his words undermine the effort the curator gave wasn't made aware to him. he starts dialing the number of to get her to try.

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
to be a flower you need rainy days.
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2019 5:48:15 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
a red self tie front sleeve crop top was worn for evelyn's top-half. her hair was letdown, a black bow was seen worn upon the back of her head; whereas for her bottom half she adorned a black pencil skirt. black ankle strapped stilettos echoed as she made way to the basement where the group resided.

once she arrived at the bottom, she'd stand there, arms folded, and said, "i still don't understand why i'm here. and i don't exactly get what's going on here, and i'm busy as is." she'd walk to stand in front of kyle. leaning in close as she pouted, her index finger poking the tall blonde in the chest. "reexplain to me the situation again." evelyn demanded.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 0:27:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it's fine. just think of this as like a break or something."

eve lives nearby anyways. coming here at a moment's notice and leaving shouldn't be too much of a problem for her. he'll treat her to lunch or something if she gets mad, he supposed, though it wouldn't be at those fancy restaurants she's used to.

"we have this sheet music for some ancient song. we were wondering if you can sing it instead." he turns to the curator. "no offense though. you sing lovely."

a distinguished singer such as songbird was a better person to force to keep singing than the curator, who's only been practicing for a while, if what he got from her secretary was correct.

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 3:20:06 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
what?

taking the sheet music. she'd read it. examining the sheet thoroughly, she walked away. there was a table nearby and a lamp upon it. turning the lamp on, she'd place the paper upon the table and under the light. studying the sheet music and the lyrics on it. she took notice of the words. "there's so much..." ancient writing. she wasn't sure what to make out of it at first.

she'd attempt to sound them out in silence. the song was unique, something never before seen. the words were transcribed in a language unfamiliar to her, but her attempt to sound them out would have to be enough--no. perhaps she was going about this wrong.

"ladies, assemble!" she called forth the following: gardevoir, gothitelle, lopuny, mismagius, primarina, and tsareena. the six of them were out, it was time to get to work. evelyn began to instruct the group of ladies for an hour, another hour was spent harmonizing. working on unified croon, it took them almost two hours to obtain the sound she was in search of.

while doing so, it took an extra hour for evelyn to finishing memories the lyrics and their pronunciation, that she'd do best, to read. what were kyle and the rest up to? she'd forgotten that they were here to be honest.

the time had past, and it was now four hours since her arrival. "okay! ladies in order, line up!" she ordered. the group was composed of pokemon whom radiated beauty. each of them confident, some humble, and others, lookin' at tsareena and primarina, were cocky. but, nonetheless, they all obeyed their lady of song.

they knew to not disappoint her. they never wanted to disappointed. they could never even think of it.

"okay, everyone, we've worked for quite awhile. hopefully we can make something happened." turning toward the statue that and had been working on.

she'd come to stand before the stone that which they tampered with earlier. the ladies looked on, intently. they began to gossip amongst themselves, all while evelyn extended her hand to touch the side of the stone's face. "you poor thing." she knew not what the pokemon was. but, if what kyle told her was true, then she'd do everything in her power.

though, self-doubt came into play. after the fall of silas, this was something she spoke to her brother, , about. wanting to do more, wanting to help more. this was her moment, to help an innocent creature encased within some sort of curse. whether what kyle told her or not was true, she needed to have some faith in herself and her girls.

she looked back to the ladies. they reminded her, everyday, why she did this. they were her muse--her lifeline. why they did this, because evelyn loved pokemon. she loved both people and pokemon.

she thought back to a recent moment where she POURED HER HEART out to her brother, explaining to him on how she wanted to utilize her voice to speak for both man and pokemon. one example of this, someday, becoming a possible feat is when a SWAMPERT CAME TO VISIT HER, remembering the female by face, since hearing her song, and making the dual-type seek her out. another moment was where a FLOCK OF WATER-TYPE POKEMON GATHERED to listen to her melody. she learned, from moments such as these, that even if she was incapable of properly translating what was written. the song she had prepared was in not only her heart, but the pokemon who follow her till this day.

she was ready for this. she, unknowingly, trained for this. this was the reason she was given this, because had it not been for the bond between man and pokemon. she wouldn't be able to DO THIS.

"on my count, girls." and with that, she'd snap her fingers. together, operation: SWAN SONG was a go. evelyn began to chant the words that were written upon the music sheet, she'd do her best, alongside her girls who hummed in sync.

"Gatrandis babel ziggurat edenal
Emustolronzen fine el baral zizzl
Gatrandis babel ziggurat edenal
Emustolronzen fine el zizzl
..."

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2019 20:30:12 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
SING LITTLE SONGBIRD

[attr="class","ipad"]RIDDLE ATTEMPT[break][break]
"You did what?" [break][break]

The curator glares sharply between the two of them, mortified and disgusted at the sudden revelation. The invasion to her privacy, coupled with their sudden arrival, proves to be a disparaging image for what should've been two guest. No longer are they spontaneous visitors but intruders, overstepping their bounds and quickly diminishing whatever image she had of them. [break][break]

In any other instance, perhaps the curator would show some compassion toward the fallen pokemon. But now? There's a vindictive sense of justice validating the sight of the intrusive pokemon being punished. She merely tilts her head in the opposite direction, chin held high, full of contempt. [break][break]

Her mood swings like pendulum, stuck on the other side of the spectrum. What was once willing to entertain their curiosities is now brimmed with a haste to have them escorted out and barred from visiting. Allowing them in had been a mistake and the curator only blames herself, resisting the urge to pick at her manicured fingernails. [break][break]

"Go ahead, however, if that does not work either then I'll have to ask the both of you to leave. There are many things to do and this has already taken away more time than it should have." [break][break]

The curator has the patience of a saint. Someone who can sing really good is an understatement to the help that Kyle will enlist and the curator expects an amateur that the boy knows as a friend. Rather than expel them, she shows the last of ounce of her courtesy and would rather have them fail quickly so that she can oust them from the premises. [break][break]

[break]

When Evelyn arrives the curator examines her and smiles toward her as a form of greeting. It's an empty pretense but a practiced one that all the elite are familiar with. Their faux expressions done to give face to others and when Kyle tries to return the favor it falls flat on its face. His manner of speaking is several times too blunt for the curator and she makes an active attempt to resist rolling her eyes. [break][break]

She leaves Evelyn to her own devices. Hopefully, she's able to come up with something more substantial than either of these men. The fact that she seems to be examining the sheet music shows promise but the curator cannot find it within her to have faith that this otherwise ordinary girl will find something that she hasn't. [break][break]

To Evelyn, the music is all written in a foreign language. The musical notes and the rhythm still follow the same schema that's used in classical music today but everything else is nothing more than oddly written text. As time ticks by, the curator excuses herself to attend to the rest of her day. The other three are free to make themselves at home under the condition that they don't get into trouble. Should Kyle stay, he'll notice that Evelyn's practice sounds slightly different than the curators attempt earlier. The pitch and rhythm of her song has a distinct difference that he can pick up on. There's a pitch the curator cannot reach and that may prove key to restoring this mysterious Pokemon. [break][break]

[break]

MELOETTA AWAKENS!
[break][break]

The song rings true and the rumble shakes the very foundation of the building. The song is not perfect and Evelyn cannot mimic the words with the same articulation sung by the bards of the past. However, she manages to copy the melody and that's enough of a catalyst to free Meloetta from her slumber. The plates of stone start to shed and they clatter against the hard tile wood. The Pokemon may be free but still remains weak. It collapses and lays there motionless. [break][break]

The tremors of the Meloetta's awakening causes the curator to come back down, rushing with hurried steps that carry her forward as fast as humanly possible without having her trip on the tip of her heels. "You did it!" She exclaims, running up to the pedestal to scoop up the unconscious Meloetta. "You actually did it!" Little do they know, an incomplete song only leads to an incomplete result. [break][break]

The curator refrains from claiming the Pokemon to one of the tailored Luxury balls she had crafted for such a moment. She sees this Pokemon as a work of art and handling it like a normal Pokemon is unbecoming of such a fine specimen. She'll nurse the Pokemon for a while, holding it in her hands, delicate and ferrying it back and forth like a newborn. However, over time, she'll come to realize that the Pokemon remains weak, breathing and able to let out some mild sounds but never opening its eyes. [break][break]

The trio may have her thanks but the riddle is still not solved. [break][break]

"If you want, let me borrow those bells you have," the curator says in a quiet voice. "I'll be busy taking care of this Pokemon but it may provide some answer as to what those bells are." [break][break]

[break]

[break]

RIDDLE SOLVED?!
[break]

You have solved the first half of the Research Riddle! The three of you have unlocked the optional Research Topic: Meloetta! You may continue to solve the rest of the riddle in this thread or continue onto your primary research topic. If you would like to revisit this topic after continuing onto your primary research topic, create a new thread and link it in the Research thread! You may run these Research threads concurrently OOC.

[break][break][break]

/ / [break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2019 11:41:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle hands the bells to the curator without spending a moment to think about it. she was the only lead they have, after all, and it wasn't like they were going to find any other expert on the matter soon.

"thanks. please let me know when you find something out about it."

she allows her to fawn over the meloetta for now. he wasn't sure how attached she would be to the legendary pokemon, but he assumes her to be so considering the time and effort she seemingly has poured for this project of hers.

he says his goodbyes before properly taking his exit.

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
taru [ research ]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2019 14:56:08 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
to think it worked. she'd turn to kyle who was prepared to leave, but evelyn watched in awe of what had unfolded before her. to think such a mythical pokemon was actually a pokemon! she wasn't sure how to respond to this scenario, but...it would seem as though not even kyle was that fascinated. which annoyed her.

for now they were to take their leave. but what would become of this mythical being? for now only time would tell. she too, without a word, made her exit.