blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit.
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
we could be forest fires [m]
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 1:05:49 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]im in slateport. wanna hang out ?[break][break]

Blue stared down mutinously at the text she’d send with her own two opposable thumbs. What had she been thinking? It wasn’t like she’d talked to Shinra much in the months since their terse conversation in the silent icelands. Worsened by the game she later played that featured a Shinra who’d rather forget her to restore happiness than involve her in it.[break][break]

It had been easier to bury her head and tip into work full throttle. kept her busy, and when she wasn’t working with or for him, she was doing odd jobs. Bouncing at rocket-operated bars and clubs. Just like she’d said, sort of.[break][break]

If she were being more honest, she’d acknowledge the fact that she’d been in Slateport more than once since they’d last seen each other. Usually she wasn’t alone, though. This was the first solo job she’d had in a while that was even relatively close to where Shinra lived. And yeah, she knew where he lived.[break][break]

That had been information she’d been sure to obtain ages ago. Before she’d left Fortree PD.[break][break]

Her impulsive subconscious got the better of her. Had her sending him a message before her insecurities could insist that the actual Shinra probably wanted to forget her too. The doubt shivered through her, twisting her up the longer there were no typing text bubbles from his end. His scarf was draped at the end of her bedframe. The memory of fingers brushing her hair away still lit little fires under her skin.[break][break]

Bonnie pawed at her ankle, sensing her agitation. Her internal conflict. Sitting on the saddle of her bike, Blue stooped forward and scooped the petite poochyena up. Usually she and Clyde followed in a pair, but he’d been left to recuperate from a tough job a couple days prior.[break][break]

Burying her nose against dense gray fur, she peeked over the top of the canine’s head at her backlit phone screen, juggled in her other hand. Stupidly, foolishly waiting.

[break][break]
[break][break]

// m: bond bridge

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#677fb5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
Maybe this is what I get for leaving you out in the cold. Drag my body to the woods and let me go.
awards
96 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 13:53:29 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase1"]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]im in slateport. wanna hang out ?
[break][break]
He stared down at his phone for a moment in perplexed silence. Definitely longer than necessary, but he was waiting for it to follow swiftly with a “Psyche” or a ”haha as if, loser” or something. Nothing followed though, at least not immediately. It could still be that she was waiting for him to respond in order to humiliate him, but what would be the point in that? It was hardly Blue’s style. She didn’t mentally fuck with people, mostly just destroy people with her fists.
[break][break]
Shinra finished off the tea, choking a little at the tea leaf bits at the bottom. Pay attention, idiot. Onna was watching him from her corner, creepily hovering there as she usually did.
[break][break]
Alright. He typed and sent before thinking better of it, only to realize he was being vague as shit. What did he do from there? It wasn’t like he could just invite her to his home right? With a sigh, he glanced at the pot boiling on the stove. I’ve got dinner cooking, you hungry? Totally normal, very smooth.

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-vulpix form-alola"]

[newclass=.petalbase1]font:11px roboto;--accent:#67ACCA;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase1]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 20:34:21 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] It was more than a little humiliating the way she scrambled to unlock her phone as soon as the alert popped up.[break][break]

Yeah. Always hungry.[break][break]

A pulse of immediate regret flooded her. Could she not come up with anything better than always hungry? True or not, it made her sound…well, she didn’t know. But suddenly it became a strange fixation that Shinra should see her in a different light. What sort of different light, she also didn’t know. Just… different.[break][break]

She blamed the weird flurry of emotion that had risen up when she played that stupid game. She blamed the pale scarf tucked around her neck in the winter cold. She blamed the brush of fingers against her hair, the shell of her ear. The subtle touch of pinkies nudging against each other.[break][break]

She blamed her stupid, aching loneliness.[break][break]

Most days, she shoved it down. Hurled herself into her work and being a proficient little attack dog until any other emotion apart from instinctive aggression blurred and was swallowed up by angry, ugly red. Something about texting him, about the idea of seeing him dredged the putter feeling in the hollow of her stomach up. Like a bloated, water-logged corpse rising to the surface of a lake.[break][break]

Ugly, unattractive, unsightly and needy loneliness.[break][break]

With a grumble, Blue snapped the visor of her helmet shut and deposited Bonnie into a carrier latched to the back of her bike. This was a chance for her to ghost. To forget she reached out and let the black and red fury engulf her again so that she didn’t have to think or feel or dwell.[break][break]

But when she kicked off the stand and revved the engine, she traced the route to his place, and found herself at his door regardless.

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
Maybe this is what I get for leaving you out in the cold. Drag my body to the woods and let me go.
awards
96 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 15:17:49 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Shinra huffed a laugh at the reply, feeling his lips curl into some unfamiliar and damningly authentic at such a Blue response. The fact she responded at all shouldn't have made him feel so much relief. He didn't deserve it, considering what an asshole he'd been. For a moment, he stirred at the pot of noodles and the meat cooking beside it, figuring she probably liked it spicy.
[break][break]
Good, get here before it gets cold then. Despite the warmth he felt, his actions uttered only cold promptness. At least, maybe that was how most people would consider it. He hoped that maybe she wouldn't take it with an edge of grudging. There was no telling, but he couldn't sit there and analyze his response to death, could he?
[break][break]
She was there surprisingly quick, but also in good timing. The timer had beeped at the same time the door thudded. "It's open," He yelled, turning off the burner and spooning noodles and spiced sauce together. It was admittedly more than convenience, it felt less direct than answering the door. It felt more like a gesture of 'come in, you're welcome here.' Or so he hoped it did.
[break][break]
Mostly, he was just a coward. Of course, it definitely wasn't prompted by that unusual game or the strange feeling of want and shame that felt unwelcome on his bones. "I hope you like spicy food."

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase1]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 20:45:41 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] Blue definitely wasn’t offended by the fact that he didn’t come to the door to see her. That felt weirdly, uncomfortably sentimental. And she was already grappling with enough of that just by showing up. Instead, she was met with warm air wafting from the stove, and the smell of spices and everything being undeniably Shinra.[break][break]

Too quickly, she felt awkward. Having kicked her boots off by the door and peeled the leather jacket off her shoulders, Blue suddenly felt vulnerable in his space. Less able to quickly turn tail and bolt out the door. But the ache that came with seeing his face (or his back at first, she supposed,) was weirdly sharp and sweet at the same time.[break][break]

Like her heart mind didn’t know how to grapple with it. Like she didn’t want or know how to absorb the fact that this was what coming home felt like. Or what it was supposed to feel like. She didn’t know, she was pretty sure she’d never come home a day in her life.[break][break]

Her hands clasped together in front of her, fingers wringing knots of each other as she hesitated on what to do or say next. The words I missed you were too sticky on her tongue, in her throat.[break][break]

Thankfully, she was saved by his addition. “Yeah, I do.” She didn't add the fact that spicy food didn’t necessarily like her, and that her tolerance was pitiful, but she’d tough it out.

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
awards
96 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 21:05:49 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

It pained him not to spin around and start launching out questions. How she's been, where she's been, what's she been up to. Has she met anyone? That felt pathetic though and inappropriate. Their relationship had been strictly professional. Granted, a little confusing, especially after a particularly troubling game he didn't want to think too much about.
[break][break]
Of course, he was definitely not going to mention the near stalker-level creepiness he'd devolved to whenever he got close to where the fights were held, hoping to catch a glimpse of her in a ring somewhere. She never was there, not that he'd stuck around the whole match to see her or anything. He'd already stuck out like a sore thumb, so making a habit of checking in on places would put a target on him real quick.
[break][break]
There was something distinctly odd about her being there, in his space. It wasn't the safety of a public setting or a workplace, there was no excuse for either of them. She'd decided to step away, but now she was here again and he was wracking him mind for a reason. She'd called him an idiot that last time, probably didn't realize how right she was.
[break][break]
"Good," He said, setting the plates down and pushing out one of the chairs for her. Maybe he should have sat them at the couch, but he never ate there. Rigid, too likely for messes that way. "Um... so how have you been?"

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 22:38:41 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] Blue had never been meek. Surly and quiet, yes, but never timid or shy. But the way she followed him around his apartment now screamed of that timidity. Like she was outside of herself, trying to figure out the best way to act.[break][break]

“Uhhh…” she stared down at the fork in her hand instead of at him, awkwardly poking at the tines. “Fine, I guess. Tired, busy.” Vague, but not a total lie. Most of the time when she wasn’t running some errand or using some ex-rocket as a punching bag until they gave her the answers that were needed, she was face down on her mattress. Out cold.[break][break]

Part of her missed the rings. Part of her missed the fact that she knew she might find him there.[break][break]

But she’d avoided them. Or most of the network in Slateport, anyway. Circles cropped up most places, if you knew where to look. Even if they weren’t as robust or successful as those in the grimy, oceanside city. Down by the docks where the airy was wet and briney, and you could practically taste the violence. It was nostalgic. It was better.[break][break]

She made do, though.[break][break]

And it had nothing to do with the fact that if she’d turned up, she’d seek him out with magnetic compulsion. Not at all. It felt weird, sitting at a table. Like she was in a restaurant. Best she had at home was the squat little coffee table she could only sit on the floor to eat at. And the kotatsu she'd practically scraped all her savings for her to have in winter. Curled underneath like a hibernating animal.[break][break]

Blue didn’t voice her opinion on the matter, though. Everything felt stilted and– “Why is this weird?” she blurted out, still staring down at the plate he’d put at her place moments before. Her place. For the first time, she had one. So why did it feel weird? Like all this time she’d been erased from the picture, like the Shinra in that stupid ass game had wanted her to be.[break][break]

Frustrated and unwilling to say more, she twirled too many spicy noodles onto her fork and shoved them in her mouth (messily, at that.)

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
awards
96 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 0:13:17 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

The awkwardness bubbled up to the surface and he couldn't quite blame it. Things hadn't ended gracefully. Ended, that was the fear. Yet, simultaneously, that's what he'd asked for. The loneliness had settled on him harder than he anticipated. He'd been alone most of his life, so this really shouldn't have been any different than usual. Somehow, it felt like a very cruel joke, but at the same time he didn't regret meeting Blue.
[break][break]
"I don't usually have people over." He said, a little quieter than intended. There was no usually about it though. "Well never actually, you'd be the first." It was an awkward reflection, realizing that he didn't actually know where to go from there. It was a fleeting attempt at acting like nothing bad had happened between them, but it had. It was his fault, of course.
[break][break]
Still, it was a good attempt at trying to ignore the mess he made, but guilt persevered despite the noodles he haphazardly crammed into his mouth. At any moment, he expected the charade to fall away and for them to start screaming at one another again. Surely, Blue was here because she was angry at him, right? He couldn't even blame her. He was confusing and stunted and cold.
[break][break]
“Why is this weird?” Leave it to Blue to say it out loud. He nearly laughed at such boldness. She never did mince words, so he wasn't sure why this surprised him. Instead, he could only sigh and stare down at his plate of displaced noodles. "Why did you come here?" He asked, not accusatory but quiet. Truly, he felt like he both understood everything and nothing when it came to . "I'm sorry."

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 23:09:25 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] Guilt needled under her skin for having avoided him for as long as she had. Though in her defense, that was fully a two way street. It had stung being pushed away when she’d stupidly thought her choice would allow for the opposite. But that was how things worked with Blue. She never made the correct choices. And they always came back to bite her.[break][break]

She didn’t want things to feel weird. “Oh. Um, well that’s cool then..” How was she meant to take that information? Like it was a good thing, or like she was invading his sacred space? Silence swallowed them again, save for the sound of scraping forks until her outburst. The question he answered her with felt volumes louder than its quiet mutter, though.[break][break]

The words felt stuck in her throat. “I…” She swallowed, hunching in place and making herself smaller. Small like she felt. “I just wanted to…see you.” To confirm that it wouldn’t still be like that day in the silent icelands. Or like that game. The sting of rejection was still a needle dug deep under her skin, in a pressure point she couldn’t expel. She threw herself into work to feel numb. To let the anger and the rage take over for a while. But it was always still there afterward–a constant companion never leaving her own.[break][break]

This was worse than the loneliness that she’d known all her life. Maybe if he lost his temper again, it’d break whatever hold he had on her. That after months of avoidance, she still showed up here waiting for a welcome. Or an I wanted to see you too. All this time.[break][break]

Reluctantly, her eyes turned upward toward Shinra again–hesitant and stubbornly avoiding anything remotely close to hopeful. Because that was for suckers as she’d long come to learn. But maybe she should’ve known better, because she responded to him differently than anyone else, in any place she’d been. So she stared at him across the table, hushed and unmoving. Heart in her throat.

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
awards
96 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 23:43:32 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“I just wanted to… see you.”
[break][break]
Shinra sat there for a moment in stunned silence, unsure how he could possibly follow that up. He had heard her correctly, right? What he wanted to ask her was "why?". After everything he'd said, she owed him nothing and certainly had every right in the world to hate him. He'd not been good to her the last time they met. Reikon was playing with one of his toys, it had a little bell with an incessant sound, but he didn't try to halt the oblivious vulpine's play.
[break][break]
It was just them, the silence of the room except for the tinkling of that damned toy, and then those bright red eyes lifting to face him again. There was no way to hide from what he was feeling. It was a feeling though. It was as real and raw as he had ever felt it before. It ached in a way so different from any past experiences, which had been aching simply for the loss of feeling but never for the sake of it. What had she done to him?
[break][break]
"I didn't expect you to... even if you didn't, I couldn't blame you. I shouldn't have said..." He shook his head, blue eyes dropping with a beleaguered sigh. He'd spent most of his life using language to manipulate feelings out of people, completely immune to it himself.
[break][break]
"I didn't expect to see you again. I've missed you."

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 0:59:27 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] The tinkle of the bell toy was lost on her. Underneath her chair, she could sense Bonnie watching the vulpix with obvious interest. Her busy tail thumped against Blue’s ankle. But she was too timid to creep over to inspect the toy too. Not forward enough just yet.[break][break]

His words made her pause for a moment, head tilting confusedly. “Huh? Oh I wasn’t…” For all of her bluster and anger, and now matter how deep the chip on her shoulder was, Blue was actually terrible at holding petty grudges. The things that had damaged her and left scabbed over wounds were different. Mostly, though, she redirected anger at herself. Her temper burned out quickly, and she was admittedly a bit too dumb to hang onto squabbles and fights.[break][break]

That, and the loneliness had long outweighed it.[break][break]

Her face flooded with color at the admission. But unlike that night at the bar months ago, she couldn’t blame too many drinks. Weirdly enough, she didn’t want to do that, though. It didn’t make a lick of sense. The words she’d wanted to hear blazed through her with far more force than anticipated.[break][break]

Strangely, she felt the corners of her mouth tug upward. Childishly wide. She was…smiling? When was the last time that she’d smiled in a way that wasn’t dry or callous or cruel or sardonic? When had someone caused her to light up with only a few words?

Had that ever happened?[break][break]

Curiously, she poked at the corners of her mouth. Whatever effect Shinra thought she had on him, the reverse was just as profound. She never smiled like this for anyone. It was always an awkward, forced thing. No one cut through the anger and found something else underneath that wasn’t more violence or sadness or self-hatred. He’d passed through all of it. Until he was burrowed deep between her ribs like a sticking point.[break][break]

“I missed you too.” Her hands had fallen to her lap as she sat there watching him. Skittish and unsure of what to do next. But it felt like a relief to say as much no matter how terse or awkward she normally was. It was like breathing clean air for the first time in months.

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
awards
96 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 17:36:51 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Not long ago, he was investigating Blue. If he'd done his job, she might have been paying the repercussions of her crimes somewhere, but he hadn't. He'd overlooked what she did and that wasn't like him. She forced him to change and that did not come naturally to Shinra. His lips worked into a little smile at the blatant color on her face. It matched the ruby-red of her eyes, making them brighter.
[break][break]
No one had ever dared him to question his principles. So rigid and stalwart in his beliefs, yet she did so, so easily. It nearly made him question what he did believe in. He didn't really know anymore. What he did know was that Blue was far too important to him to risk losing. Even if he had been quick to do so out in the silent icelands. Her smile right then was breath-taking, making him feel more than a little dizzy with a feeling he couldn't name. Where the hell had she come from?
[break][break]
He paused, looking down. "I looked for you at the rings, but you weren't there." Why should she be? She could do as she wished. Was she hiding from him? He couldn't blame her if she had been. "What I said... in the icelands, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."
[break][break]
Did it even matter anymore? Clearly, she was there, which meant she didn't hate him completely at least. Though it still felt like he had to say it. If he didn't, then he wouldn't forgive himself. It was no longer easy for him to get over things. This wasn't the sort of feeling he could just cover up, right?
[break][break]
"I fucked up."

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 22:15:38 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] A pulse of some strange, foreign feeling fluttered in her heart and twisted it up when he admitted that he’d looked for her. “Yeah, I uh, I haven’t had much time to go back.” Blue chewed her lip, struggling to twist her words into adequate fibs that were just vague enough to be veiled by truth. He’d looked for her. He was sorry.[break][break]

“You remember who it is you’re talking to, right?” she asked in response, leaning back in her seat enough to look across the table at him. The awkward, bright smile diminished in favor of something crooked and self-deprecating.[break][break]

Her face remained warm, though, as she struggled to find words again because they felt soft and exposed. Not blunted by the lack of control that came with drinking. Just vulnerable and tender because for some reason, that was what she warped into whenever they were together.[break][break]

“That was months ago. It’s- I’m not mad.” There were no angry tears this time. Just flushed embarrassment as she admitted to the fact that she hadn’t been able to keep up with a grudge against him. After years of refusing to budge for those around her, she caved so easily. “I missed you too much.”[break][break]

It hadn’t been that she’d wanted to see him so much as she’d needed to. There had been a raw ache in her chest that no amount of work or violence had been able to stifle.

He was different than anyone else she’d known. A cool balm against the burn of her worse parts. He skewed her perceptions and changed her reactions just as much as she did for him.

Blue stood, the chair legs dragging against the floor tiles and startling Bonnie. The poochyena darted across the floor, sending her propelling into the snowy vulpix–spurring her into timid confidence.[break][break]

She didn’t know whether or not she should tell him about that game. The one that muddled her feelings more, and had caused so much distress when it didn’t turn out well. Would this be the same? She didn’t really know what to do now that she’d stood up. She wasn’t a clever, coy creature. She didn’t know how to play these games.

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

moro / shin
he/him
thirty-six
february 1
fuchsia city, kanto
gray-ace
interpol investigator
officer
awards
96 posts
Shinra Moro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shinra
Shinra Moro
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 14:36:24 GMT
Shinra Moro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“You remember who it is you’re talking to, right?" It was true, he probably didn't need to apologize to Blue of all people. She was brash and said things just as sharply. She was a blunt fist and jagged glass, all sharp edges that didn't know how to do anything but bite down. "Yeah, I do. That doesn't matter though, doesn't make it right." Maybe that was just how Blue was used to things, but he didn't want to be standard at best.
[break][break]
Her face was red, making her eyes even more vibrant. It was a little intoxicating, though he'd had nothing to drink. It would have been a lot easier if he'd been drunk. Obviously, as shown in the bar, he'd been so much better at this. However, there was really no time or justification for spinning around and marching to the liquor cabinet.
[break][break]
“I missed you too much.” Admittedly, he'd not been expecting those words. It might have showed in the way his brows darted upwards, clear confusion on his face. It was still hard to understand why anyone might miss someone like him, unfeeling and cold and uncaring. Did she really know anything about him? He knew about her, she was like an open book, even if she tried to hide it. Even the ugly parts of her were beautiful.
[break][break]
Blue stood up abruptly, the sound forcing him into motion until he was standing as well. Then they were silent, standing there not knowing where to go. He'd never felt fear before, not real fear. This must be the closest thing. Even then, he knew what he wanted to do. For once, maybe ever, he didn't push impulse away. It would be easy to embrace stoicism and pretend to be unmoving and icy as always. Not with Blue, though. She was that weakpoint in the ice where it cracked under pressure.
[break][break]
Despite himself, despite every needling feeling that usually kept him from such contact, he couldn't help himself. He leaned down, swallowing up the extensive space that lived between them, separated by more than just height. Before he could allow his body or mind to think about what he should or shouldn't want, his mouth crashed into hers.
[break][break]
It was probably an awkward motion, stuttered and blocky, even if he forced every stony ounce of stiffness out of his body like it wasn't welcome there. Even if it was a poor and untrained excuse for softness, he wanted to at least try before she inevitably knocked him flat on his ass.

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
320 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 16:20:29 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] She stood, then he followed. Not that she had much idea of what to do next. It felt like a contentious moment, even though she’d just declared that she wasn’t angry with him. It was charged in a way that she couldn’t explain or piece together. The air felt thick and heavy between them, and her hands balled up at her sides instinctively though she had no desire to throw hands.[break][break]

All she could do was watch him. Her stare caught on one thing, the first thing that stupidly fell from her mouth– “Those are the gloves I got you.” Right there, pulled over his hands. At the time, she’d figured they were all wrong and he’d hate them.[break][break]

Unbidden, her teeth chewed at her bottom lip, but she didn’t look away from Shinra. She watched him carefully, and maybe in the back of her mind she knew what she would’ve liked him to do right then, but she couldn’t catch up to the thought. It lagged in her mind and tripped her up. There was no way he would, it was Shinra.[break][break]

Even as he closed the remaining space between them, she couldn’t quite believe it. The heavy thump of her heart in her chest was just in her imagination, not an anticipatory reaction or what she thought was coming. The kiss that followed wasn’t something soft or sweet, but she still struggled to catch up. Blue went still, the surprised note of sound swallowed up between them.[break][break]

She didn’t immediately react, but she didn’t yank away, either.[break][break]

Usually, this sort of treatment was unwelcome. In the past it had been unwanted and given anyway. But she didn’t feel that way now. Not with Shinra. Instead it was that achy feeling she’d felt when she’d first arrived there. That I’ve come home sort of sensation, applied to a person rather than a place.[break][break]

Shinra. Shinra with his cold, unaffected demeanor and sharp eyes. Wearing the gloves she’d bought. Kissing her. Giving her the chance she hadn’t realized she’d been hoping for.[break][break]

Blue realized that she didn’t know what to do with her hands. But when she tried to move them from her sides, she discovered that they had moved of their own accord without her knowing, to settle against his chest. Not to push him away, but to pull him closer.[break][break]

In spite of that, she balked somewhat. Staring up at him with a puzzled expression. “Shinra.” Maybe if– “Do that again.” If he refused, then it would have been a mistake, right? But if not…then what?

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]