snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
watch
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 3:43:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she feels like she's seen a ghost - rooted into place, eyes wide and mouth slightly parted open.

of all people... why is he hovering near magikarp fishing?

she can hear his voice still, sometimes, when she's all alone and the walls are closing in.

does he know that? does he know what he's done?

her movements are rigid, stiff with discomfort, as she slides up to his side. somehow, she cannot bring herself to look at him. her eyes find solace in fishbowls instead.

"theo."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,335 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
watch
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 10:27:42 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]"illeana."

like her, his gaze never leaves the fishbowls, though his reasoning differs greatly. he simply cares more about fishing than he does the professor.

"been well?"
[attr="class","becktag"]
[attr="class","beckpoke"]
[newclass=.beck] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.beckmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.becktag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.beck b] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck i] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.beck a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beckpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
watch
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 15:53:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]eventually, shock fades away to be replaced by forced indifference. it guides her to join the fishing game, to stand shoulder to shoulder with her captor.

"i suppose."

an evasive answer for his question, though fitting.

"have you?"

after a few moments, it seems she has managed to win this game. surprising, perhaps. the game overseer has not noticed just yet.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,335 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
watch
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 10:00:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]"i have."

a lie, for the last few weeks of his life has been full of grief and loss. no longer can he return to the life he had in galar, so he has to adapt.

this is a step in the right direction, he supposes.

"how's work? still happy with the league?"
[attr="class","becktag"]
[newclass=.beck] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.beckmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.becktag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.beck b] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck i] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.beck a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beckpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
watch
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 23:57:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his words are accepted for what they are - face value and idle chatter.

she does not care to press further.

instead, she steals a quick glance in his direction and presses her lips into a firm line.

"yes, quite happy."

whether it's a lie or not doesn't seem to matter here. rocket could not offer her anything - of that, she is certain.

"why wouldn't i be?"

his presence breeds doubt. she despises it, him.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,335 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
watch
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 6:04:45 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]her doubt goes unregistered for now as he moves the end of his fishing line slightly, mimicking movement to try and draw attention to the bait at the end of his line.

"i hear there's a lot of infighting which is to be the case for any organization but seems to be a bit more prominent in yours."

he continues.

"not to mention your demotion a few months back."
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
watch
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 16:20:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"your point?"

fully, her head turns to regard him. there, she shows teeth.

"i faced the consequences of my actions - can you say the same?"

or does he never truly reap what he sows? is that concept meant solely for her?

sometimes, it feels like it - when nights are long and she can't sleep and she grows lonely, it always seems to come back to her mistakes and laying in the bed she never wanted to make.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,335 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
watch
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 11:24:22 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]"mine have yet to find me."

he admits with the smallest of smiles as though he had been blessed to never have to face the consequences of his actions. in a way, that rings true.

"why do you choose to stay with them? why do you continue to fight for them?"
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
watch
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 2:05:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"they will."

faintly, a smile rises - the thought of misery catching up to him is vaguely amusing if she gives it enough attention.

"why do you continue to stay and fight for your organization?"

she counters with the same question, as if their reasons could ever be within similar grounds.

"is it loyalty or some kind of debt?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,335 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
watch
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 14:53:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]"it's belief."

his response comes instantly.

"we fight for the greater good—for a better world, one more fair and just. i'm not sure if you can say the same."
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
watch
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 16:52:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she scoffs.

a better world? the greater good?

"how is putting civilians in harms way part of the greater good?"

she finds no means to justify those ends, those fresh headstones in graveyards.

"you don't know me, let alone what i fight for."

he does - more intimately than others, even - for he has been inside her head. he has seen the casualties there.

"don't try to play a moral high ground here. you have no ground to stand on."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,335 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
watch
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 9:22:06 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]but he does know.

"tell me, then."

"what do you fight for?"
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
watch
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 16:33:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she doesn't want to entertain the concept of him knowing... for to know is to suffer.

"for the innocent."

a lie.

"for my loved ones."

a half truth.

"for myself."

brutal honesty.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,335 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
watch
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 11:22:00 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]a moment of pause is taken to consider her responses. he attempts to peer past what she presents and to see the truth that lies behind.

"what loved ones?"
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
watch
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 14:55:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]”that’s none of your business.”

like a mother defending a child, she snaps at him. anger flares quickly and it dissipates into an acute sadness.

most of her loved ones have left her behind. she only has their memories to keep alive like ghosts.

perhaps, in the end, that is his whole point.