snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 1:41:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]for a moment, she thinks he's going to stay - that all the light in the world will come rushing back in and she'll be able to see in color again instead of muted gray.

it is short lived, but god, she had believed it with such a ferocity that, perhaps, if she moved her hands and gathered spatial matter at her fingertips, she could have made it a reality.

and in the end, he breaks it with his voice and the words feel like shattering glass echoing against her skin.

she feels cold, then, and her eyes stare up at his. does he feel the shift? the change? the leeching of life and love from her already rotting body?

"why?"

in this instance - as she tries to keep him from slipping away - she's transported back to nothing more than a little girl begging at her father's feet like a dog looking for scraps of affection... starved and pleading.

"they can't hurt me, felix."

they can't, they won't, but it doesn't matter. the story has already been foretold long before him. the price paid for a blessing is the losses you will suffer along the way.

and she can create spatial energy, mold it and harness it however she sees fit, but she cannot conjure up a universe where she will not pay for what she has become.

"you don't have to do it alone... i - i can help you."

their constellation is fading, dying stars struggling to stay lit against the inky dark matter of the universe. she can feel it, see it, mourn it.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 2:31:06 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","omen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textarea"]
Lifetimes spent exploring the vast reaches of the universe couldn't make up the words to describe the insurmountable pain her withering state brought onto him. Like a flower experiencing its first winter, one by one her petals fell, plucked by the heavy reality his words spilled.
[break]
[break]
And while, deep down, there was no denying the noticeable change within her self-assured confidence, all Felix could think about was the way her eyes captured his every breath; the way he desperately wanted to fall into her arms, never to be alone again; the way a deep part of himself craved to bury himself within chest, to cry and release the months worth of pent up fear. [break]
[break]To lose her would be to lose everything and he knew that. More than anything else, he knew that.
[break]
[break]
"They can and they will."
[break]
[break]
He'd seen firsthand the extent of Rocket's cruelty. He even played a hand it. She wouldn't be able to withstand their strength, especially if their reports on rang true. There was no doubt Illeana's blood would spill the same as the trainers before her.
[break]
[break]
"I can't risk that. I can't risk losing you."

[break]
[break]
[attr="class","break"]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","ooctext"]

tldr.

[break][break]

for  .

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","symbol"]
     [attr="class","fas fa-crow"]

[attr="class","title"]
      HAUNTED

[newclass=".omen"]--accent: #85799c;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; position: relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .top"]height: 200px; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/LWGuxnf.jpg); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 25%; background-color:var(--accent); border-bottom: 1px solid #333; transition:0.5s all; filter:saturate(0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .colorbar"]height: 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: #1e1d1f;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main"]border: 1px solid #222; margin: 30px 35px; border-radius: 10px; font: 12px/13px 'Roboto'; text-transform: lowercase; color: #eee; text-align: justify; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.35); position: relative; overflow: hidden; margin-bottom:70px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pokepoke img"]border: 1px solid #ccc; border-radius: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .colorbar .title"]font: italic 12px 'Playfair Display'; font-weight: 500; letter-spacing: 2px; text-align: right; padding-top: 15px; padding-right: 20px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: underline solid #444; transition: 0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .symbol"]font-size: 20px; z-index: 99; margin-top: 5px; float:left; right:190px; padding-top:10px; position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .textarea"]position: relative; z-index: 99; padding: 30px 30px 20px; border:1px solid rgba; margin:15px; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .oocbox"]position:relative; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.35); padding: 20px 20px 20px 30px; margin:-10px 15px 20px 60px; border-radius:10px; box-shadow:5px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.05); min-height:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .oocbox h2"]font:55px/40px 'Abril Fatface'; position:absolute; left:-83px; padding-bottom:5px; top:45px; transform:rotate(-90deg); color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext"]font: 10px 'Playfair Display'; letter-spacing: 1px; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext a"]color:inherit; text-decoration:none; font:bold 15px 'Playfair Display'; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:-0.5px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext a:hover"]color:#bbb; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .header"]font:80px/60px 'Abril Fatface'; letter-spacing:-2px; float:right; opacity:; color:#eee; opacity:0.15; padding-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pkmn"]position:absolute; bottom:60px; left:140px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pkmn img"]filter:grayscale(100%); height:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext .fas"]color:#eee; font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .break"] height:0.5px; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5); width:400px; margin-top:20px; margin-bottom:-10px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Playfair+Display|Abril+Fatface]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 2:42:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]no, she wants to shout, they can't hurt me anymore... but i can hurt them.

the thought flashes for a moment in her eyes, red darkening like fresh blood just before it coagulates and lightens, but she otherwise holds the concept close. it festers like a wound - growing roots, spreading, and slowly eating her alive.

and like the weak point of a dam beginning to break apart, she feels the floodgates open until she's a rush of irrational thinking and insecure fear.

"they can't do anything to me, felix."

her body tries to wiggle, then, from his grasp as if she needs to suddenly move in order to breathe, and her cheeks flush in quick anger.

"you already lost me because of them before!"

the accusation feels like a knife she doesn't want to wield, but she stabs at him anyway. her mind screams that it's necessary, that her anger and disappointment and spite are justified because she can feel him smoothing her over even as they've come back together now.

"you'd really let them do it again?"

a flash of hurt flitters its way across her expression, as if she's seeing who he is now in the dim light of her foyer and he's not the same anymore. she had him figured out, she swore she did... didn't she?

the alchemist makes a motion, then, like she's going to turn away, like she'll leave him there in the door.

"what's the point of coming here, then, if you're just going to leave?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 7:36:32 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","omen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textarea"]
"Illie -"

[break]
[break]
There was no stopping her retreating figure. Once in motion, that was it. Still, his body tried, grasping at the air left behind, pathetically desperate for the warmth that escaped with her.

[break]
[break]
"what's the point of coming here, then, if you're just going to leave?"

[break]
[break]
The words struck his back like knives, piercing his vulnerabilities with the ease of familiarity. Only Illeana held this strength. This ability to weave her fingers into his heart and pluck whatever string she requires.

[break]
[break]
Before any door could slam close, Felix forced himself forward, dispelling the paralysis of her words with action. One foot in, one arm against the frame, his loft figure towered over her body, eclipsing her radiance.

[break]
[break]
"Because I wanted to see you," He breathed heavily, anguish coloring his voice in strokes of roaring blues, "Because the last few months have been hell, Illie, and the only thing that got me through it was the thought of being here, with you, like before!"

[break]
[break]
Burning bright, his eyes stared down at her, begging, all for the hope of bridging this chasm that kept growing in reach.

[break]
[break]
"Do you think I want this?"

[break]
[break]
The question stood between them, soaking in their pain, and their frustrations, staining the air with their tension. The weight alone is enough to force Felix's head to roll downward, hanging low. There, he's given the slightest privacy to become an alchemist of unadulterated, terrifying truths.

[break]
[break]
"For my entire life, I've had nothing. Not even my life was mine to own. And then I met you - and I could finally breathe again."

[break]
[break]
Again his eyes raised to meet hers. [break][break]
"Illie, I love you. You're my everything. But you can't stand against Rocket head on, and neither can I. Not when they have an army of gods on their side."

[break]
[break]
[attr="class","break"]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","ooctext"]

tldr.

[break][break]

for  .

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","symbol"]
     [attr="class","fas fa-crow"]

[attr="class","title"]
      HAUNTED

[newclass=".omen"]--accent: #85799c;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; position: relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .top"]height: 200px; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/LWGuxnf.jpg); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 25%; background-color:var(--accent); border-bottom: 1px solid #333; transition:0.5s all; filter:saturate(0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .colorbar"]height: 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: #1e1d1f;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main"]border: 1px solid #222; margin: 30px 35px; border-radius: 10px; font: 12px/13px 'Roboto'; text-transform: lowercase; color: #eee; text-align: justify; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.35); position: relative; overflow: hidden; margin-bottom:70px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pokepoke img"]border: 1px solid #ccc; border-radius: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .colorbar .title"]font: italic 12px 'Playfair Display'; font-weight: 500; letter-spacing: 2px; text-align: right; padding-top: 15px; padding-right: 20px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: underline solid #444; transition: 0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .symbol"]font-size: 20px; z-index: 99; margin-top: 5px; float:left; right:190px; padding-top:10px; position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .textarea"]position: relative; z-index: 99; padding: 30px 30px 20px; border:1px solid rgba; margin:15px; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .oocbox"]position:relative; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.35); padding: 20px 20px 20px 30px; margin:-10px 15px 20px 60px; border-radius:10px; box-shadow:5px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.05); min-height:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .oocbox h2"]font:55px/40px 'Abril Fatface'; position:absolute; left:-83px; padding-bottom:5px; top:45px; transform:rotate(-90deg); color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext"]font: 10px 'Playfair Display'; letter-spacing: 1px; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext a"]color:inherit; text-decoration:none; font:bold 15px 'Playfair Display'; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:-0.5px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext a:hover"]color:#bbb; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .header"]font:80px/60px 'Abril Fatface'; letter-spacing:-2px; float:right; opacity:; color:#eee; opacity:0.15; padding-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pkmn"]position:absolute; bottom:60px; left:140px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pkmn img"]filter:grayscale(100%); height:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext .fas"]color:#eee; font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .break"] height:0.5px; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5); width:400px; margin-top:20px; margin-bottom:-10px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Playfair+Display|Abril+Fatface]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 4:09:48 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he breathes pretty words into the spaces between them, but she still feels a chill creeping in. it settles firmly against barely contained paranoia.

does he mean it? can he even try to?

is the line not crumbling into dust beneath their feet?

she feels herself trying to stay restrained, leash held tight with white knuckles, before she does anything rash for she can't trust anything now.

"you're acting like the only option is leaving!"

when he's said he loves her, she used to believe it.

now, with space - literal, no longer figurative - and abandonment becoming a giant obstacle between them... she no longer feels the warmth she used to with those three words. they echo hollowly against her skin as if they're nothing more than a figment of the imagination.

and it hurts, she realizes, to feel the distrust feeding on her mind. something's gone terribly wrong between them now and she swears she can see the breaking point as if it's the clearest thing in the world.

"you have more choices than this and you're not taking them, so how am i supposed to think otherwise?"

his eyes meet hers and she feels the spark before it happens - that subtle flash of pink overtaking red. it comes with a surge of anger, primordial and archaic yet golden like the ichor now in her veins.

"yes i can! i'm not some helpless little girl anymore, felix!"

faintly, space contracts as if spurred on by her emotions. little rips in the fabric of reality try to roar themselves into existence and she tries - really, she does - to keep them contained, but she has to cover them with a sweep of her arm. it's nothing more than a feeble fake gesture.

"they can have their army of gods - they still won't overcome mine."

she has become chosen and not even team rocket will deny her that right.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights